Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2021, 11:08   #1651
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

I finally got my car back after getting it's turbo and waste-gate valve replaced. It is working as it was earlier. I am very happy with the way Kia service has worked on my vehicle on priority and their pro-active communication to keep me updated.

I also got a software update on my infotainment system and now text (whatsapp etc.) messages can also be accessed (system reads them to you) while being connected to bluetooth.
Mountainman21 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 17:24   #1652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
I have noticed that the blower for rear seats in my Seltos gtx dct plus is very weak. Request other owners to confirm if it is by design, or only my car has this issue.
It is a flawed design. The cooling ducts to the rear run next to the exhaust.

This causes it to heat up, ant setting above 22.5 wll be comfy in the front but the rear vents will only throw warm air.

On long drives I set it at 22*c if I have rear passengers.
Stribog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 17:30   #1653

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
As per local dealers in BLR, the waiting period quoted is anywhere between 12-18 weeks. Check with your dealer which booking date allotment is going on currently, should give you a fair idea of timeline.
My car is in the dealer yard and I did a quick check before paying the full amount yesterday! Getting it delivered next Wednesday post registration.
narvind0110 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2021, 21:14   #1654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Any idea about waiting period for HTK+ D AT in Bangalore? Does it vary as per dealer? Any dealer recommendation other than Epitome motors in the vicinity of Whitefield/ORR?
Which colour are you looking at? It may vary based on the colour too. If you are still searching, do ping me so that I can try to get you an SA number

Last edited by Salnv : 5th February 2021 at 21:17.
Old 6th February 2021, 17:33   #1655

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Has anybody looked at tuning the amplifier in seltos gtx plus dct. Just wondering what options are avaliable therein.
I was planning on doing an upgrade but since it is dads car and he finds the system adequate for his taste of music, better to leave it as is.

I did have a lot of time to spend in the car though and played around with a lot of settings. Bose have done an appalling job tuning the system. The speed compensation system makes things worse IMO. The balance of the sound is too much in the front and the sub woofer never produces any bass. However there is a work around for this. If any of you can try these settings and let me know, would be great.

Settings:
Bose Dynamic Speed Compensation = Off
Bass = 0 or -1 (to your preference)
Mid = 1
Treble = -1
Fader = 3 towards rear (Most important setting of all to get that woofer to work)

Also, did notice that music through Apple CarPlay sounds more defined than over Bluetooth due to obvious bitrate dependency’s.
logan2194 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th February 2021, 18:54   #1656
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan2194 View Post
I was planning on doing an upgrade but since it is dads car and he finds the system adequate for his taste of music, better to leave it as is.

I did have a lot of time to spend in the car though and played around with a lot of settings. Bose have done an appalling job tuning the system. The speed compensation system makes things worse IMO. The balance of the sound is too much in the front and the sub woofer never produces any bass. However there is a work around for this. If any of you can try these settings and let me know, would be great.

Settings:
Bose Dynamic Speed Compensation = Off
Bass = 0 or -1 (to your preference)
Mid = 1
Treble = -1
Fader = 3 towards rear (Most important setting of all to get that woofer to work)

Also, did notice that music through Apple CarPlay sounds more defined than over Bluetooth due to obvious bitrate dependency’s.
Agree with this-You need to adjust the fader to make the Bass work. The system is front-biased, even in the Creta. I use the 1-0-1 setting for Bass-Mid-Treble.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 6th February 2021 at 18:55.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 12:58   #1657
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan2194 View Post
I have observed that sound quality in Bose speakers improve with time. My cars speakers (16 months old) sound way better than they used to sound in beginning. And indeed, sound is significantly better via apple car play than via bluetooth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
Agree with this-You need to adjust the fader to make the Bass work. The system is front-biased, even in the Creta. I use the 1-0-1 setting for Bass-Mid-Treble.
There are some more settings which improves the sound quality, I'll click pictures of them share it later.
Old 8th February 2021, 14:28   #1658

Did anybody put a screen protector for the infotainment unit. If yes, then which one please. I ordered a couple on Amazon but it seems to be smaller in size and does not fit corner to corner. Both were probably half inch smaller than the complete glass screen. Please suggest.
Old 8th February 2021, 15:18   #1659
BHPian

Last Saturday took my Seltos for second service and asked couple of questions to service advisor, but they could not answer properly.

One question was, what happens if DPF signal comes at a time of a trip I am no where near a service center. They could not give any solution apart from reiterating that it needs to be brought to service center or drive in high rpm for 20min. However when I returned home I checked Creta user manual, while going through I found that there are DPF self regen procedures mentioned, I guess this is to try once before taking it to service center. One of them is like this
Kia Seltos : Official Review-creta_dpf_regen.jpg

But its not present in Seltos user manual (apart from the option to drive at 2000rpm at 60kmph for 25min). Being almost same vehicle, anyone knows any similar procedure in Seltos?

Second question was, how the TPMS sensor are assigned to correct position after a tyre rotation? For that the service advisor said it automatically happens, no assignment or settings change required. Which was not very convincing to me as how the tpms sensor would let the car know which position they are in after the change. I have a thought of going for a full alloy for spare, which I can just swipe and fix the other one and to need to swipe back. So in that case how would I tackle this tpms issue.

So any idea about this TPMS thing and its manual/automatic assignment? and thought about this 5th spare tyre tpms?
dipdawiz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2021, 16:26   #1660
BHPian

What's the waiting period for the base petrol and base IVT models in Delhi? From what I read on the Team BHP forum's Creta has an astonishing 6+ months waiting on an average (going upto an eye popping 8-9 months!!).

I am looking to purchase a new car in the next 2-3 months and have shortlisted Creta and Seltos. Also willing to consider VW Taigun and Kushaq. Thanks!
Old 8th February 2021, 16:50   #1661
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipdawiz View Post

Second question was, how the TPMS sensor are assigned to correct position after a tyre rotation? For that the service advisor said it automatically happens, no assignment or settings change required. Which was not very convincing to me as how the tpms sensor would let the car know which position they are in after the change. I have a thought of going for a full alloy for spare, which I can just swipe and fix the other one and to need to swipe back. So in that case how would I tackle this tpms issue.

So any idea about this TPMS thing and its manual/automatic assignment? and thought about this 5th spare tyre tpms?
I don't especially know about TPMS systems and also whether this answers your question but, our Merc GLA's TPMS automatically assigns sensor positions on the tyres.

When I put in a tube in a broken front left tyre, had to remove the TPMS Sensor as tube has a valve. I placed this tyre in the rear and put the rear left tyre in the front. I couldn't read rear left tyre in the MID due to this. When I put in the original tyres back to their original position and tested the TPMS, it assigned the values correctly.

I think their exist two types of sensors, which have automatic assignment and manual ones have the position indicated on them. Most of the internal TPMS sensors are automatic assigned type. While many of external sensors use manual assignment.
Old 8th February 2021, 21:03   #1662
BHPian

My brothers Seltos which I am using "Given him my Compass post 3 star score" had a huge tree land on it post heavy snow fall near Manali, HP.

The cars suspension was a little compressed but not a lot. The impact above the front windscreen seems like the first one which resulted in the branch snapping away but also causing a big dent. The tree then rested away from the car otherwise had the main tree trunk landed on the car it would be another story.

The cars roof is not super strong but it has member beams on which the other tree branch was resting. The whole roof has dents all over from start to end but can't photograph them properly even the huge dent came because it's huge.

It did not perform bad but not great either it's good enough in a way. Thankgod for saving the car truly a humbling experience.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210204_16490801.jpeg

Have moved the car a bit forward in this:-

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20210205wa0003.jpeg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210205_152357.jpg

Last edited by ajaiD : 8th February 2021 at 21:05.
ajaiD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 16:04   #1663
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohitbotta View Post
Did anybody put a screen protector for the infotainment unit. If yes, then which one please. I ordered a couple on Amazon but it seems to be smaller in size and does not fit corner to corner. Both were probably half inch smaller than the complete glass screen. Please suggest.
Hi Rohit, I have put a screen protector on my ICE unit. Took it to a nearby mobile phone shop, he used a big piece and cut it out to size. Fits like a glove.
Old 9th February 2021, 16:47   #1664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
It did not perform bad but not great either it's good enough in a way. Thankgod for saving the car truly a humbling experience.
Sad to see nature taking it's toll on the vehicle. Hopefully, dealership would be able to restore it without compromising safety further.

Do share the pictures from inside if possible so we can see how much intrusion has happened in the cabin. Thanks in advance.
Old 12th February 2021, 00:28   #1665

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stribog View Post
Hi Rohit, I have put a screen protector on my ICE unit. Took it to a nearby mobile phone shop, he used a big piece and cut it out to size. Fits like a glove.
Nice...I have to try that...was it in bangalore you had gotten it...if yes then where exactly please...thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks