Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2021, 13:04   #1696
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salil View Post
My Seltos HTX D manual got delivered on 28th Feb. Was disappointed to see it come shod with JK Tyres! So the first trip was straight to a tyre showroom, and got the tyres replaced with Yokohama Earth-1, same size. Got 20K for the OEM tyres and paid 15500 for the exchange. I did notice a reduction in noise over rough patches after the change - deliberately drove over the same patches I encountered while on my way to the showroom to see how it faired.

Didn't get much chance to drive it over the week, but did manage to spend some time in the cabin getting accustomed to the interface. (Hope ignoring the frequent battery discharge warning won't make me regret later). Which made me wonder if there are some hidden features/easter eggs. So, some tech questions:

1. Has anyone tried getting into the 'engineering mode'? This apparently allows access to the raw Android running in the background, which can then be configured to install APKs through the USB drive. And also turn on WiFi, which can then be connected to a wi-fi hotspot.
2. Will accessing the engineering mode be logged/negate warranty?
3. Sending simple lock/unlock commands from the UVO app takes over a minute to respond. The UVO app itself is sluggish to connect to their cloud and send/receive data. Is it just me?
4 The colour is intense red - from what I have noticed, it gets swirl marks very easily. (My last car was silver). I am considering getting a ceramic coating done. What should it cost and what after care does it require? Any suggestions for a detailing shop in Noida that gets good quality ceramic coating done?

Thanks
Congrats and a safe drive!!

There are couple of videos online which shows how to get into engineering mode, loading apk's and unlocking features. Waiting to try this on my Seltos. I don't think it is logged. UVO connect is sluggish, even with 100% signal.

Recently I was out of town for 10+ days, and after 7 days UVO connect stopped showing vehicle updates. (Can be avoided if car is started remotely during this interval).
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 14:39   #1697
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCommando View Post
Hi everyone, I own a 2020 red color Seltos. The dual-tone in the GT line was not available when I made the purchase. Hence thinking of getting a black glossy vinyl wrap for the rooftop from "VINYL'ED" Bangalore. They quoted me Rs.8400/- for "Avery Dennison 3 layer wrap" on the rooftop and spoiler. Any thoughts on the price, brand, and the service by "VINYL'ED"?
I am also looking to get my car's (silver grey GT line) roof wrapped in black. I am though based in Gurgaon and was thinking to post my query here too.
I think someone here got it done sometime back but not able to find that post. Let me know if you go ahead to get it done. Thanks in advance.
Old 4th March 2021, 19:07   #1698
BHPian

Quote:
3. Sending simple lock/unlock commands from the UVO app takes over a minute to respond. The UVO app itself is sluggish to connect to their cloud and send/receive data. Is it just me?
Yes, the UVO app is very buggy and at times it doesn't respond at all. I guess a workaround would be is to send the lock command and don't close the app, keep the app running in the foreground, this kind of works for me. But it senses intrusion as well, so it's a handy app.

Last edited by Jaggu : 4th March 2021 at 19:27. Reason: Fixing quotes, please do a Preview before submitting post. Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 19:36   #1699

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
Congrats and a safe drive!!

There are couple of videos online which shows how to get into engineering mode, loading apk's and unlocking features. Waiting to try this on my Seltos. I don't think it is logged. UVO connect is sluggish, even with 100% signal.

Recently I was out of town for 10+ days, and after 7 days UVO connect stopped showing vehicle updates. (Can be avoided if car is started remotely during this interval).
I had been through one of the videos. It looked, well delicious - the possibilities this can bring in. But was cary about the warranty bit in case such an activity is detected by Kia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
Yes, the UVO app is very buggy and at times it doesn't respond at all. I guess a workaround would be is to send the lock command and don't close the app, keep the app running in the foreground, this kind of works for me. But it senses intrusion as well, so it's a handy app.
Hope it doesn't decide to go sluggish when an intrusion is detected. Imagine gteting an intrusion alert after the car has disappeared/things stolen from!
Old 4th March 2021, 20:35   #1700

Quote:
My Seltos HTX D manual got delivered on 28th Feb. Was disappointed to see it come shod with JK Tyres! So the first trip was straight to a tyre showroom, and got the tyres replaced with Yokohama Earth-1, same size. Got 20K for the OEM tyres and paid 15500 for the exchange. I did notice a reduction in noise over rough patches after the change - deliberately drove over the same patches I encountered while on my way to the showroom to see how it faired.
My Seltos (GTX+ DAT) was Feb delivered (January'21 manufactured) and came with Goodyear.
Old 4th March 2021, 21:10   #1701
BHPian

Quote:

1. Has anyone tried getting into the 'engineering mode'? This apparently allows access to the raw Android running in the background, which can then be configured to install APKs through the USB drive. And also turn on WiFi, which can then be connected to a wi-fi hotspot.
2. Will accessing the engineering mode be logged/negate warranty?
4 The colour is intense red - from what I have noticed, it gets swirl marks very easily. (My last car was silver). I am considering getting a ceramic coating done. What should it cost and what after care does it require? Any suggestions for a detailing shop in Noida that gets good quality ceramic coating done?

Thanks
1. Done that. Although getting in to engineering mode in seltos is bit tricky. Doesn't work 8 out of 10 times. There is no option to turn on/off wifi. And there is no file manager through which you can sideload apps. You can check the settings and change few of them (Too risky - won't recommend). Or you can dump the logs to USB. That's all I did.
2. Accessing engg mode won't void warranty unless you change any settings like region.
3. UVO app is sluggish. It also depends on the network connectivity in your place.
4. I've the intense red color too. Not ceramic coated. Using Collinite wax and a whole bunch of other products to retain the shine. Ceramic coating can cost you from 20k to 40k. Don't know of any shops. Seen few videos from 'Musafir' where he boasts about 'Detailing Bull' somewhere in Delhi
jothishX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 16:19   #1702
BHPian

Hi,

Had a query. Is the Anniversary edition still available ? One of my friend is getting a Black HTX IVT Anniversary edition, the dealer is claiming it to be a 2021 make. I wasn’t sure regarding the same.
Old 6th March 2021, 17:04   #1703
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
Hi,

Had a query. Is the Anniversary edition still available ? One of my friend is getting a Black HTX IVT Anniversary edition, the dealer is claiming it to be a 2021 make. I wasn’t sure regarding the same.
I had seen fresh units of anniversary edition being readied for delivery last month when I was at a Kia showroom. Best way to find out would be getting the VIN from the dealer and decoding the manufacturing date.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2021, 17:38   #1704
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Best way to find out would be getting the VIN from the dealer and decoding the manufacturing date.
Thanks. We have the VIN number. Could only decode the year. Was wondering if anyone can help decode the complete details of the same.

VIN NO : MZBEU812TMN214459
Old 6th March 2021, 21:23   #1705
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aswinpattath View Post
Has anyone tried replacing the perfume cartridge of the seltos present in the air purifier?
My seltos will be a year-old by September and the perfume smell is not up to mark these days.
Has anyone got to know how to replace or recharge the OEM perfume cartridge?
Is it available at Kia service centres?
Old 6th March 2021, 22:16   #1706
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
Has anyone got to know how to replace or recharge the OEM perfume cartridge?
Is it available at Kia service centres?
At 1:09 in the clip below, the guy seems to be unplugging the cartridge from its slot effortlessly. Try it out perhaps?

Gannu_1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 01:09   #1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
I am also looking to get my car's (silver grey GT line) roof wrapped in black. I am though based in Gurgaon and was thinking to post my query here too.
I think someone here got it done sometime back but not able to find that post. Let me know if you go ahead to get it done. Thanks in advance.
Got it done from VINYL'ED. Got in touch with Vaibhav(owner of the business) and he was very helpful. Although he doesn't own a garage, he has his setup in the parking area of his house. He assured me that there are no issues with dust etc. It cost me 11K and I am happy with the eventual look.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-before.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210306_143914.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210306_144030.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210306_144039.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210306_144229.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210306_154005.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210306_154016.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210306_173750.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210306_173736.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20210306_173716.jpg  

MrCommando is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 07:51   #1708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gannu_1 View Post
At 1:09 in the clip below, the guy seems to be unplugging the cartridge from its slot effortlessly. Try it out perhaps?

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=jOBx..._channel=Quikr
Thanks. I was able to remove it. But where to get the replacement from, since service centre is not aware.
Old 7th March 2021, 10:48   #1709

When i gave my car for service yesterday there was a intank rubber mount replaced as part of the voluntary recall included in service bill ,free of cost . Have Seltos owners had a similar experience ?
Old 7th March 2021, 19:47   #1710

Hello All, This is my first post. I am getting a foul smell from the AC of my Seltos. My vehicle finished it's Third free servicing. Have other owners experienced the same?

Most Viewed