Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
HTK+ iMT model is equipped with ACC and other iMT only features include

- Electric Sunroof with LED room Lamps
- Premium Fabric Seats Beige
- Fully automatic temperature control with Silver Garnish
Thank you Have they added rear seat central arm rest to iMT? I think it is more useful feature than say remote engine start.
Old 7th May 2021, 22:12   #1787

I was wondering if anyone in this forum has changed their HTK+ Steering wheel to HTX/GTX (flat bottom) Steering wheel?

if not, is it even possible?
If so, what was the cost and process to do so?
pippen88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 01:45   #1788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pippen88 View Post
I was wondering if anyone in this forum has changed their HTK+ Steering wheel to HTX/GTX (flat bottom) Steering wheel?

if not, is it even possible?
If so, what was the cost and process to do so?
I had almost finalised the swap but the part where steering wheel mounts, has a different part number for HTK+ vs GTX+, so backed out. Part cost iirc was 8800INR.
ynike99 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 14:55   #1789
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I need to purchase insurance for 2nd year for my GTX+ D-AT. Currently, I have dealer provided insurance from Tata-AIG which was supposed to be under Kia insurance program. The annoying calls from various insurance agents have started pouring in. This is unlike the experience with my previous car, where only Maruti insurance used to call and handle the insurance renewal.

This time I prefer to do the insurance my own. Thought I will check here first before proceeding further. A quick search revealed that some of the members have gone with ICICI Lombard for 2nd year. I hope it still holds good. Would like to hear few suggestions from owners who have renewed their insurance recently. Also, which online channel is preferred - direct website or coverfox/policybazaar ?

Thanks in advance and stay safe!

Last edited by mankuthimma : 9th May 2021 at 15:22.
mankuthimma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 15:17   #1790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankuthimma View Post
The annoying calls from various insurance agents have started pouring in. This is unlike the experience with my previous car, where only Maruti insurance used to call and handle the insurance renewal.

This time I prefer to do the insurance my own. Thought I will check here first before proceeding further. A quick search revealed that some of the members have gone with ICICI Lombard for 2nd year. I hope it still holds good. Would like to hear few suggestions from owners who have renewed their insurance recently.

Thanks in advance
It seems the dealer might have shared all the buyer's details with insurance agents and hence these calls. During my renewal, I received calls from my dealer a few times (but the overall experience with them was slow and inefficient).

During my second year renewal, I looked for quotes directly on the websites of few companies and found ICICI Lombard was the cheapest with good reviews, keeping all the add-ons same.

Post renewal, I had issues with Vahan portal not showing the insurance validity. I wrote to ICICI and got quick response from them.

Later I wrote to Bajaj Allianz as they were the third party insurance provider for three years. Here the experience was tardy and frustrating. I shared the experience recently on another thread: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5058627 (Insurance scam! Bajaj-Allianz Insurance illegally holding your money)

I haven't had any claims so far but the customer support experience has been good with ICICI Lombard.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 15:26   #1791

Quote:
Originally Posted by ynike99 View Post
I had almost finalised the swap but the part where steering wheel mounts, has a different part number for HTK+ vs GTX+, so backed out. Part cost iirc was 8800INR.
Interesting, How was the steering wheel priced if you can recall?
Old 9th May 2021, 15:31   #1792
BHPian

Quote:
Interesting, How was the steering wheel priced if you can recall?
Steering Wheel cost was 8800.
ynike99 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2021, 21:44   #1793

Quote:
Steering Wheel cost was 8800.
So why did you back out? if you don't mind me asking that is
Old 9th May 2021, 23:08   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So why did you back out? if you don't mind me asking that is
He has already mentioned this in his original post. He found out that the steering wheel mounts on a part that are having different part numbers for the two variants.

Quote:
the part where steering wheel mounts, has a different part number for HTK+ vs GTX+, so backed out.
Old 20th May 2021, 13:18   #1795
BHPian

Noticed that both the rear reflectors have cracked recently without any external impact. Probably due to the harsh summer. But the car was parked outdoors only for 15 days. Otherwise it stands inside covered parking only.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210517_075212.jpg  

Last edited by Sheel : 20th May 2021 at 18:10. Reason: Typo. Please proof read before submitting your replies. Thanks.
Old 23rd May 2021, 07:08   #1796

Anyone have experience buying Kia’s My Convenience service packages? The 4/5 year packages appear to be sweet deals. The 4 year package is for 24K and the five year for 28K, includes all consumables and labour costs, free wheel balancing and alignment with every service, and a one time add on (eg interior and exterior 3M detailing worth 5K). Seems too good to be true, with every service cost coming to ~6K with taxes. Am I missing something? Has anyone purchased this yet?
Old 23rd May 2021, 11:55   #1797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu220194 View Post
Anyone have experience buying Kia’s My Convenience service packages? The 4/5 year packages appear to be sweet deals. The 4 year package is for 24K and the five year for 28K, includes all consumables and labour costs, free wheel balancing and alignment with every service, and a one time add on (eg interior and exterior 3M detailing worth 5K). Seems too good to be true, with every service cost coming to ~6K with taxes. Am I missing something? Has anyone purchased this yet?
A point to note, the last time I checked the terms and conditions, you buy this package from a specific dealer/service center. This means you have to service your car with the same service center for 4/5 years.

Also the normal service costs every 10k kms cost 5-6k based on my 3rd and 4th service. The service cost calculator is available on the KIA link app and on their website. I didn't see a major savings to opt for this package.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 14:17   #1798

I had booked a Seltos turbo petrol in Jan and still no delivery. These guys are now pushing me to take the "upgraded" model for 20k more and even on that there is no delivery date update.
Is this a common experience? Seriously considering some alternates now

Last edited by vb-saan : 31st May 2021 at 09:07. Reason: Typos
Ankit Baveja is offline   Received Infraction
Old 31st May 2021, 22:36   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit Baveja View Post
I had booked a Seltos turbo petrol in Jan and still no delivery. These guys are now pushing me to take the "upgraded" model for 20k more and even on that there is no delivery date update.
Is this a common experience? Seriously considering some alternates now
Dealer asking you to pay the price that is applicable on delivery date instead of the price on booking date is quite normal, at least with Kia and its dealers.
papr23 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 00:46   #1800
rpm
BHPian

Hey guys, can anyone tell me the kerb weight of the Kia Seltos base variant— HTE Petrol as per their RC?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks