Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2021, 21:27   #1816
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Just came across this ad in youtube. Has Seltos been launched in an iMT variant ? And also they are advertising specifically about paddles in an iMT variant. How does that work with a manual 'H' gear selector ?

Old 14th June 2021, 22:26   #1817
BHPian

https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ains-27289.htm

Oh dear!!
Old 14th June 2021, 23:12   #1818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
This is scary, I'm getting delivery this weekend and this news is not at all comforting. Really reconsidering my decision, if I should cancel the booking.
Old 14th June 2021, 23:21   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raviacc2825 View Post
This is scary, I'm getting delivery this weekend and this news is not at all comforting. Really reconsidering my decision, if I should cancel the booking.
No you shouldn’t. I know of a merc which had a similar accident and split into 2 and both passengers passed away. So it can happen to anyone depending on the speed and angle of impact.

What you should do is make sure all passengers including rear passengers belt up and drive safe.
Good luck on your new purchase.
Old 14th June 2021, 23:27   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharathan View Post
No you shouldn’t. I know of a merc which had a similar accident and split into 2 and both passengers passed away. So it can happen to anyone depending on the speed and angle of impact.

What you should do is make sure all passengers including rear passengers belt up and drive safe.
Good luck on your new purchase.
Ya, we always ensure that everyone in car is buckled up, even if driving to nearby market. Also, having team bhp sticker on car makes you drive safely. Have seen/heard about so many accidents but never heard of car splitting into two.
Old 14th June 2021, 23:31   #1821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpudhi View Post
Just came across this ad in Youtube. Has Seltos been launched in an iMT variant ?
Yes, Seltos is available with the iMT but only with 1.5l engine, my friend went to the showroom yesterday to checkout the Seltos and was informed about the iMT models availability.

Its even available in the configure option on their website

Kia Seltos : Official Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by Agarwal_Aayush : 14th June 2021 at 23:49. Reason: Wrong info regarding the model mentioned, removed
Old 14th June 2021, 23:37   #1822
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwal_Aayush View Post
Yes, Seltos is available with the iMT but only with 1.5l engine, my friend went to the showroom yesterday to checkout the Seltos and was informed about the iMT models availability. They confirmed him that the HTX iMT can be delivered between 1-2 months.

Its even available in the configure option on their website

Attachment 2167450
It is available only with HTK plus model.
Old 14th June 2021, 23:51   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
It is available only with HTK plus model.
Thanks for correcting, my apologies, its in HTK Plus, in HTX its IVT.
Updated my post as well.
Old 19th June 2021, 03:08   #1824
K2K

Quote:
Posted this on Youtube .. but pretty much sums up my opinions on this matter
I will not contest any of the points in this video regarding safety. They are accurate.
However my question is simple, how can we point fingers at KIA if ARAI has passed this vehicle. The SP2i is not supposed to drive on Autobahn, it is to drive in Indian roads. Has anyone ever seen a speed limit sign on any Indian highway of more than 80 KMph?
So if the roads are designed to manage a max of 80 kmph why should we expect Kia to deliver a vehicle compliant to safety standards commensurate with Autobahn? Does it make any sense? No.
Kia or anyone else will always maintain the statutory standards, beyond which it is a premium. And our country supports an industry where buying a low end variant and getting aftermarket cosmetic upgrades is considered to be smarter than buying a top variant with all the safety features.
I am all willing to pointing fingers, but lets point them in the right direction.

K2K
K2K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 07:57   #1825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Really reconsidering my decision, if I should cancel the booking.
Your purchase decision should not be based on these crash videos and images. Beyond a particular speed, it is purely luck to survive a serious crash. Given the right conditions, many cars can split into two.

Drive safe!
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 09:27   #1826
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2K View Post
Has anyone ever seen a speed limit sign on any Indian highway of more than 80 KMph?
Yes! Here is the official speed limit on the east-bound old NH-6 (New NH-49, Mumbai - Kolkata Highway) in West Bengal, heading towards Kharagpur from Jharkhand state border. Admittedly, there are only few stretches where I have seen official speed limit of 100 kmph. The photo is a screen-grab from my dashcam footage from last year.

Speed limit of 100 kmph on NH-49 (Mumbai - Kolkata Highway) between Baharagora & Kharagpur
Kia Seltos : Official Review-nh6speed100v2.png

Cheers,
Old 19th June 2021, 20:00   #1827
BHPian

Any idea how can I check status of my booking directly from KIA, actually, I was wondering what if dealer sells my car to someone else for premium. As I was told by the dealer that he can give me car now with premium of 50k, for which I said no.
Old 19th June 2021, 21:23   #1828
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I will not contest any of the points in this video regarding safety. They are accurate.
However my question is simple, how can we point fingers at KIA if ARAI has passed this vehicle. The SP2i is not supposed to drive on Autobahn, it is to drive in Indian roads. Has anyone ever seen a speed limit sign on any Indian highway of more than 80 KMph?
So if the roads are designed to manage a max of 80 kmph why should we expect Kia to deliver a vehicle compliant to safety standards commensurate with Autobahn? Does it make any sense? No.
This logic is fine in one perspective. However, we need to remember - that accidents can happen to people at 0 KMPH also. All it takes - is for SOMEONE ELSE to drive at high speed, lose control & hit a stationary vehicle. Remember the Polo GTI driver jumping off a fly-over and causing death of pedestrians below who probably never even knew what hit them? They weren't even in a car, but were in a fatal accident still. So while its fair to say "The car meets the standards defined by the authorities" (which MSIL has been doing since decades now) - it doesn't necessary mean the car is safe if the driver is a good safe and slow driver.

I am no expert and I have no opinion about what happened to the car. Its possible to happen with any car in the right combination of physical stresses. Just adding a perspective that adhering to speed limits doesn't guarantee safety and car design should not be made with a speed limit of 80 KMPH being the threshold.

Last edited by Reinhard : 19th June 2021 at 21:24.
Reinhard is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 22:29   #1829
anb
BHPian

Quote:
The SP2i is not supposed to drive on Autobahn, it is to drive in Indian roads. Has anyone ever seen a speed limit sign on any Indian highway of more than 80 KMph?
K2K
In an accident what matters is the relative speed. If two cars driving at 80 kmph in opposite directions collide, the relative speed is 160 kmph. So Indian cars should be design for 160 kmph ?

Last edited by anb : 19th June 2021 at 22:30.
anb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th June 2021, 09:18   #1830
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how can I check status of my booking directly from KIA, actually, I was wondering what if dealer sells my car to someone else for premium. As I was told by the dealer that he can give me car now with premium of 50k, for which I said no.

Kia is giving deliveries in just 2 weeks. I made my booking on 25th May and the car is already delivered to Dealer (Manf Date: 12 Jun 2021). I will do the PDI tomorrow and try to take the delivery on Tuesday if possible.

Most Viewed