Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2021, 11:10   #1846
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmridul View Post
Was wondering if anyone here could confirm if the 2021 GTX+ (7DCT) comes with Android Auto, and if it supports wireless Android Auto also?
Yes, it comes with Android auto but it doesn't support Wireless Android auto.
Old 1st July 2021, 11:12   #1847
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Yes, it comes with Android auto but it doesn't support Wireless Android auto.
Thank you so much for that quick reply, helps a lot.

I also heard that the lower trims (HTX+) gets wireless Android Auto. Is that true, and is there a way to upgrade the GTX+ to wireless AA?
Old 1st July 2021, 11:22   #1848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmridul View Post
Thank you so much for that quick reply, helps a lot.

I also heard that the lower trims (HTX+) gets wireless Android Auto. Is that true, and is there a way to upgrade the GTX+ to wireless AA?
The 8" touchscreen unit is available in the lower models and supports wireless Android auto. Higher models come with 10.25" unit which doesn't support wireless Android auto (wired AA works).

The same is true for all KIA and Hyundai models which use either of the head units, even the global models like Telluride and Palisade.

There are third party kits available, to connect with the head-unit over Wi-Fi. Some of our members have used it in other cars and were satisfied.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 17:58   #1849
BHPian

The seat height of my car doesn't stay fixed. Say if I set the height to the highest position, over a week or so it gradually comes down and reaches somewhere around the mid-point. Is this a common problem with seats having mechanical adjustment or I need to fix something or am I too heavy for it ?
Old 1st July 2021, 18:01   #1850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
The seat height of my car doesn't stay fixed. Say if I set the height to the highest position, over a week or so it gradually comes down and reaches somewhere around the mid-point. Is this a common problem with seats having mechanical adjustment or I need to fix something or am I too heavy for it ?
Doesn't seem normal. When you say it moves to the mid-point, did you try raising it to the top and it goes up(ensuring it isn't placebo)?

Show it at the service center.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 18:21   #1851
BHPian

Quote:
Doesn't seem normal. When you say it moves to the mid-point, did you try raising it to the top and it goes up(ensuring it isn't placebo)?

Show it at the service center.
It goes down for sure and I can bring it up again. I actually notice the change in view of IRVM when the seat height position changes. I'll take it to the service center.
papr23 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 19:18   #1852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by papr23 View Post
It goes down for sure and I can bring it up again. I actually notice the change in view of IRVM when the seat height position changes. I'll take it to the service center.
I too have noticed/experienced this in my car a few times. But I'm still not fully convinced if the position actually changes. Of late, I haven't noticed it happening, perhaps due to minimal running.
Emvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 17:37   #1853
Distinguished - BHPian

KIA has released another ECU update for the 1.5 U2 CRDi engine.

I got this update today. The service advisors were clueless and just said that the update is meant to improve the engine performance. As per the bill, this update is called "Judgement Logic Improvement"

Kia Seltos : Official Review-pxl_20210702_111551031.jpg

During my drive back from the service center (<10 kms), I felt the torque at idle RPM has come down slightly. There's a hint of struggle while starting from 2nd gear (without A input), which wasn't the case earlier. Seat of the pants feeling says mid-range has more punch now. In a way, this feels like the original map which came from the factory.

Too early to establish anything...

Last edited by ashis89 : 2nd July 2021 at 17:43.
ashis89 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 21:47   #1854

The SA in the Hyderabad Gachibowli showroom is refusing to let me get my own insurance or even price match. The price delta is 25000. Is this the standard practice across the brand?

I've emailed corporate and the dealer too but haven't received any response yet.
Old 10th July 2021, 01:01   #1855
BHPian

I have the HTK+ diesel but the wireless function does not seem to work. I tried from samsung s21 ultra
Quote:
The 8" touchscreen unit is available in the lower models and supports wireless Android auto. Higher models come with 10.25" unit which doesn't support wireless Android auto (wired AA works).

The same is true for all KIA and Hyundai models which use either of the head units, even the global models like Telluride and Palisade.

There are third party kits available, to connect with the head-unit over Wi-Fi. Some of our members have used it in other cars and were satisfied.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aawireless#/
Old 10th July 2021, 01:04   #1856
BHPian

Kia is running a free summer camp till 18th July. Mostly just general checkup but the only important thing was AC fumigation. My car used to give a bad odour when the ac was switched on post the first start of the day. No longer the case after the fumigation. Also, got wheel alignment done as there was pulling to the left for which the service center didnt charge me anything. This is at crystal auto, bavdhan, pune.

Last edited by Sagar.Agarwal : 10th July 2021 at 01:06. Reason: Grammatic
Sagar.Agarwal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 01:18   #1857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardshock View Post
The SA in the Hyderabad Gachibowli showroom is refusing to let me get my own insurance or even price match. The price delta is 25000. Is this the standard practice across the brand?

I've emailed corporate and the dealer too but haven't received any response yet.
Usually that's the case across most of the dealers. Insurance is a good income source for dealerships and they wouldn't want to let go of it. For a hot selling model, the dealer is using the demand-supply to its advantage.

You could try a different dealer in your city and pit them against each other to give you a better deal.

When I scouting for a car, I didn't have good experience with the Gachibowli dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagar.Agarwal View Post
I have the HTK+ diesel but the wireless function does not seem to work. I tried from samsung s21 ultra
This feature came with the 2021 refresh and the new KIA logo, probably around April - May. Is your car a recent purchase?
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th July 2021, 23:13   #1858
BHPian

Hello fellow BHPians.. I had a not so good surprise with my Seltos today. I had last driven it on Monday (5-Jul) and parked it in the basement parking of the apartment. I took it out today evening (10-Jul) to find a crack in the windshield. As soon as I sat inside the car, there it was, a crack in the windshield. I examined the windshield, there seems to be no object that has fallen on it. No stone hit, or anything like that. I am guessing it maybe due to drop in ambient temperature / pressure due to sudden pick up of monsoon rains (after a brief lull).

The crack starts from the beading of the the windshield and ends at the lower part of the windshield. The crack is on the outer side of the windshield.

Some questions I have are:
1. What could be the reason for the crack? Is sudden drop in temperature a reason?
2. Shouldn't car warranty take care of its replacement, especially since it appears to have failed by itself? Kia warranty will be tested now.
3. If the windshield is replaced, how does one get a replacement of the registration color coded sticker stuck on the windshield.

Attaching a few pics for your reference.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img8952.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img8953.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img8956.jpg
Old 12th July 2021, 05:05   #1859
BHPian

Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, mine is the 2020 version.
Quote:
Usually that's the case across most of the dealers. Insurance is a good income source for dealerships and they wouldn't want to let go of it. For a hot selling model, the dealer is using the demand-supply to its advantage.

You could try a different dealer in your city and pit them against each other to give you a better deal.

When I scouting for a car, I didn't have good experience with the Gachibowli dealer.

This feature came with the 2021 refresh and the new KIA logo, probably around April - May. Is your car a recent purchase?
Old 12th July 2021, 09:54   #1860

Need Help/Advice:

I own a 2021 March Seltos GTX+ DCT

Is there a way to retrofit or upgrade it with the paddle shifters that come in the updated version and the relevant software upgrade for the ECU to support the same?

Does the older version even have the slots to enable these paddles?

Please suggest if there are any alternatives and the overall effect on warranty :

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks