Old 22nd July 2021, 17:47   #1891

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megamind View Post
So after the buyback,
Michelin primacy 4: Rs.32,000/-
Continental CrossContact LX2: 26,000/-

Will the swap be worth it?
I do love a silent cabin and a compliant ride and don't mind spending for that.

Also is the under chassis painting required/worth doing in Seltos right out of the showroom?
Go for the michelins. Probably the best upgrade your car could get. Once you change, you will really understand why the premium is so worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post
I got my new Seltos about 2 weeks ago and have driven ~600 Kms till date. Found the ride to be quite stiff at the recommended 35 PSI and based on some recommendations - started using 32 PSI hoping that it would make the ride more plush.. But it was doing more harm than good.

Basis your feedback, I filled in 38PSI in my tyres today and voila ! found the ride quality a few notches better. My wife and daughter (in her car seat) were riding the back seat - my wife immediately noticed the difference. She was really enjoyed the ride.

Question to experts: Would filling higher pressure (38 PSI) in tyres than the recommended (35 PSI) put excessive pressure on the suspensions?

Something to note is, try 40 psi itself because as soon as my air pressure drops upto 38-38.5 psi, the bumpy ride slowly starts appearing. Ride is consistently smooth for psi between 38.5-41.

Usually 40 psi cold pressure increases to 41 psi for <150 km trips. I usually get 42 psi on >200 km trips. A 1000 km trip could see psi reach 43 for short intervals and drop back to42. Never goes above that

NOTE: In most petrol pumps, air filling machines need to be calibrated yearly. No one actually does this.(most pumps i checked have + 5 to +11 psi error) So if anyone tries 40 psi, do mak sure that its accurate(good thing seltos has tpms)]

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotoguru View Post
However wouldn't such high psi take a toll on the suspension components of the car, even though the tyres are fine.
So far, suspension is doing fine. I usually dont slow down over potholes or broken roads(unless it can sway you from one end of the car to the other ) and so i often end up jumping really big potholes/bumps. So far no issues.

By comparison I have had to replace shock absorber on my corolla altis about 6-7 times over 10 years(absolute abuse. One wouldn't believe that a sedan could take that much b)

Mod Note : Post Edited. Smiley usage is restricted to two per post on Team-BHP. Please do NOT use more than 2 smileys in a post.

Request you to proof read your posts before submitting them for any spelling / grammatical errors.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd July 2021 at 11:11. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 22nd July 2021, 18:26   #1892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by subinmanaladil View Post
By comparison I have had to replace shock absorber on my corolla altis about 6-7 times over 10 years(absolute abuse. One wouldnt believe that a sedan could take that much b)

Hahaha - Not sure if I should follow your advice after reading this
rahulvv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2021, 19:00   #1893
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulvv View Post

Question to experts: Would filling higher pressure (38 PSI) in tyres than the recommended (35 PSI) put excessive pressure on the suspensions?
Purchase a good digital air pressure gauge, measure each tire in the morning before the vehicle is used and see how much its showing up. It should be the recommended PSi as per the manufacturer - for that size tire. Go to the nearest filling station (within a km or two) or use your own pump to maintain it at the correct PSi. Check every two weeks without fail.

Although there are several problems associated with incorrect air pressure, lets summarize as follows.

Under inflation - Tire bulges, alloy cracks, tire blowouts, poor handling.
Over inflation - Tire wears out in the center, poor grip, poor comfort.

As you get to know more about your car, you`ll be able to tell the Psi by the way it rolls and steers.
Old 23rd July 2021, 10:15   #1894
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijay_k View Post
Even I read the same feedback from others about JK UX Royale's and was really happy to find JK UX Royale on my Seltos as OEM, but tyre blast within 2000 kms that too on a very good road at 80kmph made me change my mind.

Vijay
Well, there could be various reasons for that, since tyre wear out is not a sudden phenomenon usually. But that apart, this incident could have happened to any brand as such. The point is. this particular class of tyres haven't been vilified to the extent that a typical JK branded car tyre is, in popular discourse.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 23rd July 2021 at 10:17.
Old 24th July 2021, 20:38   #1895
BHPian

Does anyone have any info about the current waiting period for the diesel HTK+ automatic variant? My cousin's booked one end of December and is still waiting for the car. The booking is done in Mysore. The dealer claims they got only one HTK+ delivered since November 2020, which sounds highly unlikely.

They are urging her to go for a higher end model, which they somehow have in stock.
Old 25th July 2021, 00:06   #1896
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
Does anyone have any info about the current waiting period for the diesel HTK+ automatic variant?
The approximate waiting period for all the variants is 19-20 weeks here in Pune. I have booked a HTX IVT last week and was given this estimate.
OHCVtec is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 09:08   #1897

Quote:
Does anyone have any info about the current waiting period for the diesel HTK+ automatic variant? My cousin's booked one end of December and is still waiting for the car. The booking is done in Mysore. The dealer claims they got only one HTK+ delivered since November 2020, which sounds highly unlikely.

They are urging her to go for a higher end model, which they somehow have in stock.
The waiting period was 8-9 weeks before April 2021 and was changed to 18-19 weeks post april due to lockdown and restrictions.
But in your case it seems the dealer is trying to push you to the expensive variant.
Try speaking to the sales manager of the branch & the head of that dealer network, this worked out for me.
Megamind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 12:27   #1898
BHPian

I was able to make back to back drive of Jazz CVT and Seltos IVT. Both being NA petrol and CVT gearboxes, i noticed that Jazz is more driveable, especially while starting off and also the speed build up is gradual and linear. Seltos has an initial lag before moving forward and the pickup is not linear is what i feel. Is it due to the heavy weight of Seltos, that there is a lag? Or is it that the Honda engine gearbox combo is better tuned?
Old 26th July 2021, 09:36   #1899
BHPian

Quote:
Try speaking to the sales manager of the branch & the head of that dealer network, this worked out for me.
Branch head was no help either. They asked us to cancel the booking since the model is not available.
Then after a call from a local politician, a car magically appeared out of nowhere and we’ll be getting delivery this Friday.
joethomasv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 10:57   #1900
BHPian

Quote:
Branch head was no help either. They asked us to cancel the booking since the model is not available.
Then after a call from a local politician, a car magically appeared out of nowhere and we’ll be getting delivery this Friday.
What! Political influence works in car deliveries too? I have been told to wait for 19 - 20 weeks, for a GTX+ Diesel AT (Kochi, Kerala)
Old 26th July 2021, 13:22   #1901
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotanF1driver View Post
What! Political influence works in car deliveries too? I have been told to wait for 19 - 20 weeks, for a GTX+ Diesel AT (Kochi, Kerala)
We waited 7 months for the delivery. The car was promised within three months at the time of booking. We blindly trusted the dealer. There was no option because of lockdown.

Last month they said we are next in line and we should get the car this month. When we called last week, they claimed there’s no HTK+. Probably someone else influenced them with a politician.
joethomasv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 13:44   #1902
BHPian

Quote:
Actual wait period here in Bangalore was about 9 weeks- vehicle white colour GTX+ D AT booked on 01 May, delivered on 10 July after registration, etc. Vehicle was manufactured on 03 July.

The chosen colour also makes a difference. Dual tone (black + white), other colours have an extended wait period.

If you are able to pay full amount up-front (no loans) during delivery, then make sure you repeatedly specify the same to the dealer. They prefer customers paying up-front, the full amount at delivery rather than loans from banks.

Also, establish contact with the Team Leader (TL) instead of just interacting with the Sales Executive (SE). The TL will give you a better overall picture as to how many customers are in the wait-list ahead of you for the same colour and model.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 26th July 2021 at 13:52. Reason: additional
Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 14:10   #1903
BHPian

Quote:
What! Political influence works in car deliveries too?
Political or not, contacts do help
When I booked ours last October, I was offered immediate delivery. But we took the delivery a week later due to personal reasons.
Emvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 20:19   #1904

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigid Rotor View Post
The chosen colour also makes a difference. Dual tone (black + white), other colours have an extended wait period.

If you are able to pay full amount up-front (no loans) during delivery, then make sure you repeatedly specify the same to the dealer. They prefer customers paying up-front, the full amount at delivery rather than loans from banks.
In my case the full up-front payment did not help, the SE & TL were least worried abut it(atleast they acted that way).
But IMHO the sales team don't bother about losing a customer unless they get a call from someone who is influential & a bit condescending.

So finally took delivery on 24-Jul (booked 25-Mar, Red dual tone).
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20210724_175758-2.jpg  

Megamind is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 21:12   #1905
BHPian

Quote:
In my case the full up-front payment did not help, the SE & TL were least worried abut it(atleast they acted that way).
But IMHO the sales team don't bother about losing a customer unless they get a call from someone who is influential & a bit condescending.

So finally took delivery on 24-Jul (booked 25-Mar, Red dual tone).
The car looks super cool. Congrats!
I’m now starting to think who is that influential person who can speak to Kia dealership. It has only been a couple of weeks, so I have time to think.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks