Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2021, 17:29   #2026
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

t_manish76, Congratulations for your new ride.

Bit off topic, but couldn't resist posting

One thing that bothers me is the paint shade difference which is noticeable between the bumper, boot, and the rear fender. Basically between the plastic and the metal parts. We already have a discussion regarding this for white color in the forum. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...os-normal.html

The same difference is noted in the picture of the creta you posted too...
smileline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 22:06   #2027
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos X Line - B.A. comes home

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_manish76 View Post
Thank You sunikkat. Kia did include a Bel Aire 3000 with the car. I just need to figure out how to use it. Will make time this weekend to take the car out of the congested parking and give it a shot.

I too do share the same apprehension around the local tyre shops. But was of the impression that the computerized ones at the petrol bunks were more accurate. Was wondering what is the level of trust on the built in TPMS systems - how accurate are those or could those be wrong too?
Get a Michelin tyre pressure gauge, that is fairly accurate and you can use it to confirm the PSI
sunikkat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 02:25   #2028
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations on your new car! Am I right in supposing that aside from some very rare cars like the M5 and AMGs, where it's optional, this is the only car in India with a matte paint job from the factory? Either way, it looks smashing!

Quote:
There is a bunch of do's and don'ts with the car I have shared as a picture in this post
Did I miss this pic, or was it omitted accidentally? I am curious to know what the manufacturer advises for care, and also curious to know how they touch up or refinish panels.
v1p3r is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 08:53   #2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Congratulations on your new car! Am I right in supposing that aside from some very rare cars like the M5 and AMGs, where it's optional, this is the only car in India with a matte paint job from the factory? Either way, it looks smashing!

Did I miss this pic, or was it omitted accidentally? I am curious to know what the manufacturer advises for care, and also curious to know how they touch up or refinish panels.
Thanks v1p3r. I would agree that the matte finish is not common amongst cars in India right out of the factory. But I did encounter some BMW cars with nearly same shade and finish.

Good catch on the missing pic. My bad; it was an error during upload. Have attached now
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211007_180529.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211007_180517.jpg  

t_manish76 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 08:56   #2030

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Get a Michelin tyre pressure gauge, that is fairly accurate and you can use it to confirm the PSI
Thank you. Is this the one - Michelin 12290 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge?
Old 14th October 2021, 10:18   #2031
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v1p3r View Post
Guess Polo and Rapid now get a matte paint job from factory!
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 11:02   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you. Is this the one - Michelin 12290 Digital Tire Pressure Gauge?
Guess it’s the same thing.
This is what I had got, but seems to be out of stock in Amazon currently

MICHELIN Digital Tyre Pressure gauge with Key Ring https://www.amazon.in/dp/B074MX2168/...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited by sunikkat : 14th October 2021 at 11:03.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2021, 11:26   #2033

I have booked Seltos HTK+Diesel AT and hopefully I will get the car delivered in November. Has there been any change in Seltos’s suspension tuning since launch? A friend of mine and a dealer told me that they softened the suspension a bit in 2020 after customer feedback. Is it true?
Old 15th October 2021, 15:31   #2034
BHPian

Have heard that Kia is launching the Seltos with improved safety rating.

Is it true that they are launching the Seltos with better safety rating? If this news is true, then the Seltos will be entering into our garage soon. We might go for GTX+ D AT as our running is high.
car_guy1998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 02:53   #2035
BHPian

Very impressed with the manual petrol HTX fuel efficiency. This is the highest I have got so far, driven close to 4k kms. In city also fuel efficiency is around 14 to 15 KMPL.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20211017_020853.jpg  

raviacc2825 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 09:52   #2036

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileline View Post
t_manish76, Congratulations for your new ride.

Bit off topic, but couldn't resist posting

One thing that bothers me is the paint shade difference which is noticeable between the bumper, boot, and the rear fender. Basically between the plastic and the metal parts. We already have a discussion regarding this for white color in the forum. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...os-normal.html

The same difference is noted in the picture of the creta you posted too...
Thank you smileline. I took a look in daylight and did not see a difference if I looked at it direct. The matte finish tends to show different shades when you look direct vs at an angle. Could not get the consistency to show up on my pictures.

On the Creta, the picture was modified by the wife on her iphone . But yes, it did undergo repainting thrice in a year and a half - once from bird droppings eating into the paint on bonnet during covid long term parking, second on driver door from a careless biker and third on rear fender from a parking incident
Old 17th October 2021, 09:57   #2037

Quote:
Originally Posted by kugelblitz View Post
I have booked Seltos HTK+Diesel AT and hopefully I will get the car delivered in November. Has there been any change in Seltos’s suspension tuning since launch? A friend of mine and a dealer told me that they softened the suspension a bit in 2020 after customer feedback. Is it true?
Hi kugelblitz. Having driven the 2018 Creta and the 2020 Seltos, I would say the 2021 Seltos is somewhere in between. The ride is nowhere as soft as what the Creta used to be, but it is not as hard as the 2020 Seltos either.

For the Xline, the 18 inch wheels do take away some of the cushioning. Have yet to carve some corners in ghats to see how much of the stiffness is retained as the soft setup of the Creta was one of my reasons for giving her up.

But maybe other HTK+ owners who have booked recently could comment.
t_manish76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 13:59   #2038
Distinguished - BHPian

Specific to Korea,

SELTOS DIESEL DISCONTINUED.

Quote:
KIA suspended its contract for the Seltos diesel model at the end of last month. The company plans to produce existing contacts only till the end of the year and completely clean up diesel models in the domestic market in the future.
Quote:
INITIAL COST ISSUES ARE ALSO CITED AS THE CAUSE OF POOR GRADES. "DIESEL ENGINES HAVE HIGH FUEL ECONOMY IN LONG-DISTANCE HIGH-SPEED DRIVING, BUT VEHICLE PRICES ARE RELATIVELY MORE EXPENSIVE
Link (Kia Seltos : Official Review)
Old 17th October 2021, 17:32   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Specific to Korea,

SELTOS DIESEL DISCONTINUED.
Are they discontinuing the Seltos Diesel variant in India as well or are they discontinuing only in Korea?
Old 17th October 2021, 18:13   #2040
BHPian

I am planning to book the GTX+ diesel AT in upcoming week. I have decided the model, only bit remaining is colour finalisation. Wife likes red, I like black, father likes silver, mom wants to see red in person to decide on what colour she will vote on.
I think if we all don’t agree on a single colour then we will go ahead with white.

Initially sales executive said waiting period is 4 months but when I asked him, if hypothetically someone cancels their booking, can I get it? His answer was “sir we have only couple of GTX+ bookings and there is a strong probability that we can get our car in November or December.
Booking amount is 25k, they are not even ready to match the insurance from outside, but they are ok if I buy insurance from outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks