Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2021, 22:47   #2071
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Any HTK+ iMT owners here?
Looking to hear some ownership experiences of using the iMT?
Old 18th November 2021, 10:57   #2072

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatCarGuy View Post
Rear vent AC hot air blowing: Now the major issue, the Rear vent AC blowing hot air at certain temperatures.
====
Could fellow BHPians advise on this whether you guys are also facing similar issue. Or is it advised to write to KIA, as service centre has already given a thumbs down to this issue.

Thanks all for keeping this thread active. Drive safe.
Hi all,
Have been facing this problem on my 2020 GTX+ DCT Seltos ever since it was bought. Has there been any solution for the same so far? Our SA just verbally told us that yes it's a known issue and the AC needs to be kept below 24 degrees for the rear AC to blow cool air. However, IMO, it is unacceptable.
Had noticed further in the thread that other BHPians were facing these issues too; however, could not find a solution for the same.

Request for some help. Thank you!

Last edited by Jaggu : 18th November 2021 at 12:00. Reason: Trimming quoted post.
Old 18th November 2021, 16:30   #2073

Hi,

I have 2021 GTX+ DCT and I also have this problem. As you mentioned there seems to be no available solution apart from keeping the Temperature in 21/22 and then the rear AC will blow cool air
ComeOnTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th November 2021, 19:29   #2074

Hi all,
My car has been arrived at dealer yard and I had a quick check. I saw the fuse box was open and the person told me that it is for PDI. I will do a thorough check later before delivery. I have gotten the VIN but could not find a link to decode it. One of the links shared in this thread for decoding VIN is not allowing new logins from India. Could someone help me decode my VIN?
MZBEP813MMN304494
Old 20th November 2021, 12:03   #2075
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Our Seltos GTX+AT diesel is being delivered finally after 3 months wait and the dealer gave the final pricing details. I just wanted to check with you all to see if these are higher or in range and any scope for negotiation.

Insurance - 65063 (1 zero dip + 3)

Extended warranty - 26532 (they just got back saying 2 yrs /100k, not standard Kia one). Mighty need to talk to them on this.

Accessories - 17855
Old 20th November 2021, 14:53   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Hello everyone,

Our Seltos GTX+AT diesel is being delivered finally after 3 months wait and the dealer gave the final pricing details. I just wanted to check with you all to see if these are higher or in range and any scope for negotiation.

Extended warranty - 26532 (they just got back saying 2 yrs /100k, not standard Kia one). Mighty need to talk to them on this.

Accessories - 17855
For HTX IVT model there is 2 yr 100k for some 19k and 2 yr unlimited for 26k..Not sure but you can check if it is valid for GTX+ D also.. From my personal experience of hunting outside insurance for Creta, I could find insurance quotes ranging from 30-40k and they were all below dealer insurance by a good margin. So you can negotiate on that by doing your own research.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 20th November 2021 at 14:57.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 23:23   #2077
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Hello everyone,

Accessories - 17855
For our GTX+ AT Dual Tone Diesel, paid insurance (Return to Invoice+1 year zero dip+3) of 40000/- on 1765000/- ex showroom. In addition, got the 50% NCB amount transferred from my previous insurance as well.

Also extended warranty for 4th and 5th year was 24k if i remember correctly. Did not opt for any accessories.

Last edited by xotiq : 20th November 2021 at 23:27.
Old 21st November 2021, 06:04   #2078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
For our GTX+ AT Dual Tone Diesel, paid insurance (Return to Invoice+1 year zero dip+3) of 40000/- on 1765000/- ex showroom. In addition, got the 50% NCB amount transferred from my previous insurance as well.

Also extended warranty for 4th and 5th year was 24k if i remember correctly. Did not opt for any accessories.

Thank you. I will check with the dealer on extended warranty.

Didn’t really know about return to invoice option at all. Thanks for mentioning. Btw, did you take insurance from dealer or outside? Which company? Policy bazaar insurance search doesn’t give return to invoice add on at all. How did you get that?
Old 21st November 2021, 08:03   #2079
BHPian

Hi all, just wanted to check what's the long term review/take of Seltos 7 DCT.

Also, if you can help with my dilemma, initially I was not looking at Seltos primarily for 3 reasons: (a) safety concerns which have been amplified on this forum and social media; (b) love the petrol top-spec, but it comes with DCT which has reliability issues and Korean twins are not known for their DCTs; and lastly though not a very major concern (3) it has become way too common, something akin to erstwhile Marutis of A segment.

Hence, I was considering of spending extra and buying Jeep Compass but I am not in love with Petrol automatic (which again happens to be a DCT) as an overall package. Did consider Harrier briefly. Nice package, but my running does not justify buying a diesel and that too which is huge in size for primarily city-self drive.

Your advice will be much appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st November 2021 at 08:10. Reason: Removing last line. Please don't post the same message on multiple threads.
youknowitbetter is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 10:55   #2080
BHPian

Seltos IVT vs Astor CVT

Just happened to compare Seltos HTX IVT vs Astor 1.5 Sharp CVT (without ADAS). The ex showroom price of HTX is 14.70 Lakhs whereas Sharp is 14.98 Lakhs. I found this a fair comparison as the engines are similarly speccced and the price differential is around 30k.

+ves of Seltos over Astor
1. Better road presence (it is subjective) and looks bigger than Astor (though actual dimensions say differently).
2. Can seat 3 easily at the rear.
3. Better service network.
4. Possibly better resale value.
5. Better long-term perspective in India compared to MG, owing to it's lineage.
6. Auto dimming IRVM.
7. Mood lighting

+ves of Astor over Seltos
1. Panoramic sunroof (for whom it matters, but not for me)
2. Drive modes
3. Steering modes (unsure about it's effectiveness)
4. Electronic Parking Brake ( absolutely love this feature).
5. Auto hold function
6. 6 airbags
7. 360 degree camera
8. Rear drive assist
9. Blind spot detection
10. Digital instrument cluster.
11. Hill descent control.
12. Better suspension
13. AI bot (IMO it's not useful, but might matter for others)

Ironically, despite having a CVT transmission both cars don't have paddle shifters.

Not sure if I have missed out on something.

Last edited by K.grg : 21st November 2021 at 11:17. Reason: Added a point
K.grg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 18:59   #2081

I recently visited the KIA sales in Powai Mumbai and heard that apparently there is some issue for Grey paint so vehicles are not coming out that much in volume. Moreover have patience as the supply is small and is taking time for deliveries. Unless you get lucky you indeed might have to wait for the entire period mentioned by them as they sort out the chip shortage issue which is a global nightmare for all car manufacturers.
Old 21st November 2021, 19:22   #2082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manupreey@gmail View Post
I recently visited the KIA sales in Powai Mumbai and heard that apparently there is some issue for Grey paint so vehicles are not coming out that much in volume. Moreover have patience as the supply is small and is taking time for deliveries. Unless you get lucky you indeed might have to wait for the entire period mentioned by them as they sort out the chip shortage issue which is a global nightmare for all car manufacturers.
Since the deliveries for new bookings may happen in 2022, guessing there won't be any end-of year offer or stock clearance either, right? Do let me know if there were any offers quoted by the dealer. Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 19:32   #2083

They said that the time being said for GTX+ model is now April 2022 for the new bookings being made now. Dont expect any discounts from any dealers of KIA. They have a policy of sticking to the MRP and its a top down approach from South Korean owners of KIA. One thing i can say is that the accessories sold by them are best in the market and competitive in pricing. I recently changed my mats from 3D to the new ones that costed 5222/- (7D) but i had compared in many places and found the KIA ones much better. Similar thing you will find for the boot mat. Have patience they eventually do manage to get delivery as early as possible. I have driven almost 4600 kms in 2 months of ownership and its a pleasure to drive(I own GTX +). No complaints no regrets
Old 22nd November 2021, 17:55   #2084

Hi Folks,

I have booked Hyundai Creta 1.5 Diesel AT and as expected the dealership is now not in a position to give me the ETA for delivery of the car. So I decided to go for KIA Seltos XLine instead and have booked the car. Whichever gets allotted first would be picked.

I have driven Creta Diesel Automatic with 17 inch wheels extensively and I am thoroughly impressed by the ride quality and comfort. However, I have driven Seltos Diesel AT 2020 model with 17 inches wheels and found that the ride quality was pretty much below average and on bad patches it was bone jarring. Every undulating surface on the road was felt inside and passengers inside too were not very comfortable. The KIA sales consultant said that KIA has softened the suspension a bit in new (2021 and above) models and I would get equally good creta like ride quality on XLine. I don't see any official communication or could find much information around it.

Appreciate if anyone owning the XLine Diesel can comment on the ride quality as I would be travelling with my parents and wife most of the times and ride comfort for long journeys is something I am looking for.

Thanks in advance !!
Old 22nd November 2021, 23:18   #2085
BHPian

Hello,

Can anyone who recently got Seltos recommend me insurance companies and add-ons that you guys have taken? Location is Andhra if that matters.

Did the dealer give you option of picking the insurance companies from their prefered ones, match the online price or you took insurance outside?

What is the price range to negotiate of 1+3? Dealer is quoting me around 65k and somone said they got around 35k.

Please help. Delivery is in the next few days.

Thank you

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks