Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd November 2021, 10:19   #2086
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by carguy2021 View Post
Hello,

Can anyone who recently got Seltos recommend me insurance companies and add-ons that you guys have taken? Location is Andhra if that matters.

Did the dealer give you option of picking the insurance companies from their prefered ones, match the online price or you took insurance outside?

What is the price range to negotiate of 1+3? Dealer is quoting me around 65k and somone said they got around 35k.

Please help. Delivery is in the next few days.

Thank you
KIA Safety insurance was never negotiable. What dealership insurance guy do is, they get a outside insurance from their contacts with lesser rate. KIA Safety may have some added advantage of unlimited claim, default inclusion of engine, tire, return to invoice, rodent bite etc coverage. Under writer for KIA Safety may be same as external insurer, I saw Bharti AXA and Reliance being two of them.

1st year own damage + 3 years third party costed around 62K (for GTX+ D AT in Aug 2020) for KIA Safety insurance. In that, 42K is basic premium of own damage. So if you have NCB certificate, you get return on this part (I had 50%NCB, got 21K back, so in total I paid 41K).

2nd year onwards KIA Safety insurance is almost similar with external insurances. This year I got KIA Safety insurance for 22K with all own damage coverage (where as, external insurances were varied widely; 17K - 25K with one or two coverage missing).

So yes, outside insurance is always cheaper for 1st year, if you are happy with external insurance coverage, go for it, I don't think dealer makes much issue (at least in Advaith KIA in Bangalore) and at least they should not.
dipdawiz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 14:37   #2087
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by youknowitbetter View Post
Hi all, just wanted to check what's the long term review/take of Seltos 7 DCT.
So I have owned Kia Seltos GTX+ DCT for more than 2 years and driven more than 20000 KMs in many kind of conditions:

1) Temperature (-5 degree in himachal to 45 degree in Delhi)
2) Traffic Jams (4 hour + in Nangal, Punjab during Diwali)
3) Highways
4) Gurgaon traffic
5) Hilly and village roads of Himachal

Personally, I am more than happy with the vehicle. Mileage is 14+ (Tank to Tank) in mixed usage, Acceleration and drive-ability are excellent, never faced issues with DCT (Over-heating or otherwise; I hope it stays that ways), ride quality is much better now (Or I have been used to it ) and most importantly service support from Kia has been very good.

If not for poor GNCAP rating; I would not think of changing vehicle for next 6-7 years or so. I do take solace that some of the parameters which affect GNCAP score (EBD, VSM, Hill Assist, Isofix, airbags etc.) are available in GTX+ variant.
Mountainman21 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2021, 19:28   #2088
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainman21 View Post
So I have owned Kia Seltos GTX+ DCT for more than 2 years and driven more than 20000 KMs in many kind of conditions

Personally, I am more than happy with the vehicle. Mileage is 14+ (Tank to Tank) in mixed usage, Acceleration and drive-ability are excellent, never faced issues with DCT (Over-heating or otherwise; I hope it stays that ways), ride quality is much better now (Or I have been used to it ) and most importantly service support from Kia has been very good.

If not for poor GNCAP rating; I would not think of changing vehicle for next 6-7 years or so. I do take solace that some of the parameters which affect GNCAP score (EBD, VSM, Hill Assist, Isofix, airbags etc.) are available in GTX+ variant.
Thanks for your taking out time to share your feedback. I am quite actively considering of buying one even though I was planning to spend more money for Compass or Tuscon, but not able to find them attractive from value proposition.

Requesting other long term members to share their feedback as my running is fairly limited i.e. less than 1000 kms so far, might increase a bit but not so much that I can justify buying a Diesel. Would have considered HTX IVT but that one doesn't have bells and whistles which makes Seltos a fun car (may not use all the features but still its good to have them ;-))..
Old 24th November 2021, 06:57   #2089
BHPian

I have booked kia seltos htk+ iMT. Have taken test drives of nexon, rapid, kushaq, mg astor. Am a petrol head and my requirements have been around city most of the time and occasional highway trips with family.

Besides the safety proposition that others offer kia seltos has the value proposition. The fact that i some young guys met with an accident and all of them died in a brand new rapid purchased a day before makes me rethink of the so called safety features in cars. Am a relaxed driver. Have owned an hyundai xcent with 2 airbags and have done massive highway trips almost 600-800 km long without any niggles or issues.

The htk+ imt has most of the features i will need.

1) High GC because nowadays it rains anytime of the year. In November itself we have had rains that made me feel as if monsoons arent over with water puddles everywhere. Thanks to our govt who only wake up just few months before elections to patch the roads

2) Factory fitted sunshade. Its a very important feature for me especially during peak afternoon. Last trip to mahabaleshwar i literally had to put a blanket to avoid the scorching heat

3) sunroof just for my son who gets scared of the night and isn’t comfortable travelling in the night. So the sunroof makes it less claustrophobic for him. I was damn against using sunroof for safety reasons but then other benefits tilted my decision to get one.

4) iMT just because its clutchless so it would help me in the city.

Overall my decision towards seltos was because of the value for money it offers .

Dealer says I will get it by February. So now the wait begins.

Last edited by motorlover : 24th November 2021 at 06:58. Reason: Edit text
motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 09:28   #2090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
I have booked kia seltos htk+ iMT. Have taken test drives of nexon, rapid, kushaq, mg astor. Am a petrol head and my requirements have been around city most of the time and occasional highway trips with family.

Besides the safety proposition that others offer kia seltos has the value proposition. The fact that i some young guys met with an accident and all of them died in a brand new rapid purchased a day before makes me rethink of the so called safety features in cars. Am a relaxed driver. Have owned an hyundai xcent with 2 airbags and have done massive highway trips almost 600-800 km long without any niggles or issues.

The htk+ imt has most of the features i will need.

1) High GC because nowadays it rains anytime of the year. In November itself we have had rains that made me feel as if monsoons arent over with water puddles everywhere. Thanks to our govt who only wake up just few months before elections to patch the roads

2) Factory fitted sunshade. Its a very important feature for me especially during peak afternoon. Last trip to mahabaleshwar i literally had to put a blanket to avoid the scorching heat

3) sunroof just for my son who gets scared of the night and isn’t comfortable travelling in the night. So the sunroof makes it less claustrophobic for him. I was damn against using sunroof for safety reasons but then other benefits tilted my decision to get one.

4) iMT just because its clutchless so it would help me in the city.

Overall my decision towards seltos was because of the value for money it offers .

Dealer says I will get it by February. So now the wait begins.
Sensible decision!
Could you give me your TD experience of the Seltos iMT vs the other petrol cars that you test drove (Kushaq, Astor, Rapid etc.,)?
I am sure the engine should be very much drive-able within city, but does the iMT have good acceleration for overtakes?
Does it have enough torque to pull a fully loaded car on hilly terrains?
How good/bad is it compared to the 1.0 TSi engine?
Old 24th November 2021, 09:40   #2091

Quote:
Originally Posted by imranshks View Post
Hi Folks,

I have booked Hyundai Creta 1.5 Diesel AT and as expected the dealership is now not in a position to give me the ETA for delivery of the car. So I decided to go for KIA Seltos XLine instead and have booked the car. Whichever gets allotted first would be picked.

I have driven Creta Diesel Automatic with 17 inch wheels extensively and I am thoroughly impressed by the ride quality and comfort. However, I have driven Seltos Diesel AT 2020 model with 17 inches wheels and found that the ride quality was pretty much below average and on bad patches it was bone jarring. Every undulating surface on the road was felt inside and passengers inside too were not very comfortable. The KIA sales consultant said that KIA has softened the suspension a bit in new (2021 and above) models and I would get equally good creta like ride quality on XLine. I don't see any official communication or could find much information around it.

Appreciate if anyone owning the XLine Diesel can comment on the ride quality as I would be travelling with my parents and wife most of the times and ride comfort for long journeys is something I am looking for.

Thanks in advance !!
Have had the Xline for about 2 months now. While they do say that the suspension is softened for the current 2021 Seltos models, the Xline comes with the 18 inch wheels which means a lower profile tyre. The stock JK Royale tyre is also not a good one. End result is a jarring ride on bad roads compared to larger profile tyres.

If comfort is a key parameter and you are really intending to buy a seltos, I would recommend the GT line with 17" wheels instead.

My previous ride was a Creta SX Auto with 17" wheels and the current Xline is honestly no match.
t_manish76 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 10:37   #2092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
Sensible decision!
Could you give me your TD experience of the Seltos iMT vs the other petrol cars that you test drove (Kushaq, Astor, Rapid etc.,)?
I am sure the engine should be very much drive-able within city, but does the iMT have good acceleration for overtakes?
Does it have enough torque to pull a fully loaded car on hilly terrains?
How good/bad is it compared to the 1.0 TSi engine?
The best undoubtedly is the 1.0 TSI engine. So rapid and kushaq it is if you are looking at acceleration and if you are a car enthusiast.

Coming to seltos i tested it on high terrains with 4 adults. I faced no issues whatsoever.

For my kind of driving , seltos is adequate. Atleast compared to my xcent am happy with its overtaking abilities. However if you are a spirited driver, I would recommend TSI.

Kushaq is a good all round car was in my list. I only rejected it because of some horror stories wrt service centre. A friend of mine sold his Octavia and got a seltos almost a segment down for peace of ownership. His is almost a year old with no issues.

Rapid was rejected because its a sedan and again the service centre.

Astor i loved for its relaxed drive . I only rejected it because one of my friend who owns a hector asked me to stay away from MG not because of the car but the service centre. Also its Mileage would be very low. Otherwise there is not much to complain.

The only feature seltos lacks is the hill hold especially with no clutch. But thats ok as you always have the old age hand brake trick
motorlover is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th November 2021, 11:41   #2093

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_manish76 View Post
Have had the Xline for about 2 months now. While they do say that the suspension is softened for the current 2021 Seltos models, the Xline comes with the 18 inch wheels which means a lower profile tyre. The stock JK Royale tyre is also not a good one. End result is a jarring ride on bad roads compared to larger profile tyres.

If comfort is a key parameter and you are really intending to buy a seltos, I would recommend the GT line with 17" wheels instead.

My previous ride was a Creta SX Auto with 17" wheels and the current Xline is honestly no match.
Thanks Manish. That's helpful. Maybe I will have to pick between Seltos GT line or Creta SX (O) AT.
Old 25th November 2021, 09:11   #2094
BHPian

HI - can anyone share contact details of Autobahn Prabhadevi (or a good SA)? I have to visit them and understand that they have moved their showroom, but their old address is appearing online. Also, their contact number never gets through, hence, the request. Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 12:32   #2095
Distinguished - BHPian

Recently had a drive in a base model diesel Seltos MT. It had GT alloy wheels (used original), aftermarket roof rails , GT looking fog lamps, red accents, a Blaupunkt Android infotainment system with a 10 inch screen etc.

The highlight of the drive was the diesel engine & suspension, it is so well tuned, quiet and comfortable to drive with plenty of power on tap ,lots of interior space as well. I am quite convinced that it totally deserves all the popularity it has. Splendid VFM for ~ 13L on road.

Even the keyfob was fab for the price.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20211127_223225.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20211127_223228.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20211127_223935_1.jpg

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20211127_223943.jpg

Last edited by Kosfactor : 28th November 2021 at 12:35.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 18:54   #2096
BHPian

Hi - will appreciate opinion of the fellow members on the following 3 points:

1. Has anyone recently booked GT plus DCT in Mumbai and got any offer? I went to one of the showrooms today and they don't have any offer and are not even giving any concession for insurance (i.e. not allowing customers to take insurance from outside or match the insurance quotes).

They are quite keen to sell their current stock without any dispensation. Its completely seller's market.

2. Further, they also mentioned Kia has actively started doing in-house ceramic coating for few of its color shades for 36k which has a coverage for 5 years with touch up/polishing every 6 months. Is it worth it?

3. They have visibility of 1 white single tone, but I want dual tone. To ensure speedy delivery in December, they are offering to black wrap it. Let me know if its recommended or if its a jugaad.
Old 28th November 2021, 19:47   #2097
BHPian

My 2019 HTX+ AT D had clocked about 15K km and done 2nd paid service. But hardly any long drives since July. A week ago, I drove it from Bangalore to Coimbatore; starting at 4:30pm. It was raining heavily till about just after Salem. It took almost 3 hours from Hosur to Salem thanks to the poor headlights and wipers on this car (I had a 2007 Innova G before and in even harsher rains at 10pm, I had no problem keeping steady 80-90kmph in that, thanks to good headlights and wiper speed). I hardly every switch on high beams, but this one, I had to keep it on at times to see beyond 15 meters. Light just gets disbursed within 15 meters and right side one has an even shorter throw (not sure if it can be adjusted - will see during next service).

While LED lights in this are great to look at, they are actually not useful at night

Ride quality was also poor (with 34psi). Got alignment, rotation balancing done at a Michelin place in Coimbatore - they did a thorough job and filled all tyres to 33psi. After that the ride is much better. But the OEM Goodyear Assurance tyres are noisy and fealt out of grip on wet roads. Inquired about Michelin upgrades, but the owner of the shop fealt it is too much of an investment now (!) and advised me to complete 30K at least on original ones.
vsbabu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 13:49   #2098

Quote:
Hi all, just wanted to check what's the long term review/take of Seltos 7 DCT.

Also, if you can help with my dilemma, initially I was not looking at Seltos primarily for 3 reasons: (a) safety concerns which have been amplified on this forum and social media; (b) love the petrol top-spec, but it comes with DCT which has reliability issues and Korean twins are not known for their DCTs; and lastly though not a very major concern (3) it has become way too common, something akin to erstwhile Marutis of A segment.

Hence, I was considering of spending extra and buying Jeep Compass but I am not in love with Petrol automatic (which again happens to be a DCT) as an overall package. Did consider Harrier briefly. Nice package, but my running does not justify buying a diesel and that too which is huge in size for primarily city-self drive.

Your advice will be much appreciated. Thanks
Hello! So, I have been wanting to give a review of the 7DCT Seltos that I purchased in Feb 2020 (Jan 2020 model) for a while and your post gave me that push. I have been the only driver since then and have completed close to 16000kms of predominantly driving in Chennai city while I also took it once to the hills in Nilgiris and twice/thrice to Rameshwaram and a few times of aimless driving on the highways just to enjoy the car. This was right after the pandemic lockdown was lifted in Sep 2020.

I moved from a VW Polo 2013 Diesel and to drive this vehicle was a massive upgrade, mostly in terms of the power. My shortlisted vehicles were Harrier and Compass and if you ask me if I had any regrets about buying this, I will say NO.

So why would I suggest this vehicle:
1. The whole user experience, right from the test drive until the delivery, was an elite experience at the KUN Kia showroom in Ambattur, Chennai.

2. The drive quality is amazing and no complaints from that front. I understand that there are some comments about stiff suspension, but I didn't have such experience. In fact, one person in this forum suggested that we keep the tires at 40psi instead of 35-36psi. Ever since I started doing this, I felt that the ride quality improved. However, to each his/her experience.

3. Interiors are top-notch. Though there is some minor rattling noise like -

* IVRM cable noise, it would be a creaky noise.
* Latch plate of the passenger side seat belt hitting the pillar when no one is sitting especially if it is not sitting properly from here and there, there is always a fix.
* Rear seat will not make noise if it is in the second resting position. There are two, and I am not sure what is the purpose of having two lean back positions.
* Speaker from the passenger side door vibrates weirdly at one particular frequency. So whenever that song/frequency comes, I change the song. No complaints from the audio quality except that it vibrates on that particular side at a particular bass frequency. I took this issue to the service center and after almost 4 hours of testing, I understood that this is the case with other cars as well. It has to do with the door and not with the speaker.
* Road noise and other noise from outside the car is very evident. One thing that was not there in the Polo. I am considering doing some soundproofing to the car as it is very irritating, especially when there is a loud bullet that goes beside us.

Having come from a VW Polo that had premium interiors for that segment, I was very particular about the interiors and the way the car felt. This was one of the reasons why I didn't prefer the XUV 500.
Of course, these things put me off, but the interiors are still great and not a big deal.

4. DCT engine has not given me any issues in any of the driving modes. I had that concern when I was looking to buy it but was assured by a few of my friends that this will be trouble-free. Of course, I make sure that I follow all the DOs and DONTs of having a DCT engine. There are a lot of articles available online.

5. Comfort - We have two kids - 4.5 year and 1-year-old boys and this was the main reason to get another bigger and spacious car. We could have gone with a lot of cheaper options available and even now my wife and I would talk about it. But at the end of the day, the comfort, premium feel and engine power trump the money part. I am also able to take my dog in it. He looks forward to his car rides.

I also love the UVO app, especially to start the vehicle when it is parked in the sun. I keep forgetting that this feature exists and every time my wife reminds me that we have a car that can be turned on remotely and you boast about it but you never use it.

6. Safety - I was surprised when this car got a 3* rating but found solace in the fact that it was the entry-level model with only 2 Airbags and none of the other safety features that are available in the DCT model. However, at the end of the day, I just pray that no harm comes our way.

7. Service - This is where your last point comes in. The car is common and shares most of its parts with Hyundai Creta and that means I won't have to wait longer for spare parts. I had to claim insurance twice since I purchased as I had to change the rear door once and the driver side door and the door behind the drive side fully (both times the accident happened when my car stationery; once at a signal and the other time when two drunk bike riders decided to crash into each other and one of them fell on my car that was parked outside my house). The insurance took care of everything, and both times, I got the car back in less than 4-5 days.
Another time I had a rat issue, and the fuel hose was damaged (luckily nothing major and the car was fixed in 2-3 days). This is also one main concern as I didn’t have this issue of rats entering the engine bay. I started using Autoguard, advertised and recommended by many others in this forum, but there is a lot of DOs and DONTs while using it. I am hoping that there is a permanent fix available soon.
Most importantly, the cost of maintenance is a fraction of what I paid for the Polo.

Do I have any regrets about buying this car??? Yes, I had some regrets, and they are -
1. No Paddle Shifters. But I have had no need to change the gear manually except once or twice. Not a big deal.
2. It’s somewhat bigger than the previous car that I am always careful while driving. I don't want any scratches on the car by fellow riders/drivers. This is more from the perspective of my mindset while driving.
3. No wireless android auto and add a couple of bugs to the existing console. You would wonder if it were a smart console or what. But I guess this has to do with Android Auto more than the car itself.
4. All the newer models that have entered the Indian market, especially XUV 700, MG Astor and so on. But this will be the case every year. This has to do with my mentality of never being satisfied with what I have.
5. Mileage - I get close to 8-9kmpl but I was prepared for this mileage when I considered buying it.

At the end of the day, a change is never easy, especially when you use something from years. I found it difficult to get used to this car for the first few months. However, it has reached a point where I understand the car and it understands me. I know it sounds cliched but that is the fact.

Will I give up this car for another one?
I don't think so.

Does the fact that it doesn't have a 4* or 5* rating put me down?
It was for the first week since the report came out, but not anymore.

Am I worried about the DCT engine issues?
Not at all.

Do I have any regrets about not buying the Harrier or the Compass as they were my shortlisted cars?
A big fat NO

I know this is a long reply but I believe I was able to give you and others a perspective.

Thanks.
ryadaniel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 14:02   #2099
BHPian

HI, I had booked a Seltos with a Mumbai dealer around a month back and I was provided a delivery timeline of upto 20 weeks. Yesterday, I got a call from the SA stating that they have a few vehicle in stock and can make early delivery, however I will have to compulsorily buy insurance, extended warranty and accessories. Is there something, I can do about such unethical practices? Does it merit a complaint with IRDA?
Old 29th November 2021, 14:14   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Hi - will appreciate opinion of the fellow members on the following 3 points:

1. Has anyone recently booked GT plus DCT in Mumbai and got any offer? I went to one of the showrooms today and they don't have any offer and are not even giving any concession for insurance (i.e. not allowing customers to take insurance from outside or match the insurance quotes).

They are quite keen to sell their current stock without any dispensation. Its completely seller's market.

2. Further, they also mentioned Kia has actively started doing in-house ceramic coating for few of its color shades for 36k which has a coverage for 5 years with touch up/polishing every 6 months. Is it worth it?

3. They have visibility of 1 white single tone, but I want dual tone. To ensure speedy delivery in December, they are offering to black wrap it. Let me know if its recommended or if its a jugaad.
Hello YKIB!

I purchased my GTX+ Diesel AT in March 2020 from Shreenath Kia, Thane.

1. No discounts then & none now. It's a very popular model & the waiting period goes on for months. As for insurance, took a quote from outside & asked the dealer to match it, which they did. So win-win for both of us.

2. I think the ceramic coating is not from Kia, but from the dealer. IMO,36k is high. It should be in the range of 20-25k.

3. Again, the wrap will be done by the dealer who will outsource it to a 3rd party vendor. Don't see a problem there although factory finish is factory finish.

P.S - I can connect you with my Sales Advisor. You may take it up with him.

Regards,
Powertrain
powertrain is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks