Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th December 2021, 11:48   #2131
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Congratulations for your new Kia Seltos. Very good writeup. Wish you lots of happy miles ahead.
Old 16th December 2021, 15:00   #2132

Quote:
Originally Posted by armaan_singh View Post
Nice write up, I was looking for a post on the IMT variant of the Seltos since a while, I am currently on the (long) waitlist for a Sonet HTX Diesel automatic, and for a difference of just 70,000 and not very high running I was wondering if I should switch over to the Seltos IMT and get a (far) bigger car.

Honestly, Still in two minds, and very very confused.
Thanks. If i was in your place, I would definitely be on the waitlist of the Sonet than switching over to Seltos and be at the bottom of the waiting list as even a change in colour of the booked car generates new booking docket & date. Moreover Sonet is very capable car and with you frequently travelling to hills, IMT without hill hold assist would not give you complete peace of mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftvxi06 View Post
Congratulations for your new Kia Seltos. Very good writeup. Wish you lots of happy miles ahead.
Thanks. Your travelogue to Shantiniketan really helped me a lot in planning my trip.
navigator_ravi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th December 2021, 16:28   #2133
avk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
While I was out driving, I noticed a faint sound while turning the steering which was not there before today. There is no tightness in the steering feel while turning but the sound is similar to what you hear when you tighten something on rubber.

What could be the reason? Worth checking it out at the ASS?
I have scheduled an appointment with Epitome KIA for Sat morning to check this out. Any pointers on things to keep an eye out for?
Old 16th December 2021, 22:24   #2134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navigator_ravi View Post
Just completed a month ownership of my new car Kia Seltos HTK plus IMT (Intense Red colour) and loving the drive. I couldn’t find any ownership review for IMT variant of Kia Seltos during my research period, so thought it would be apt to pen down one after owning. Currently the odometer reads 1280km.
Wishing you many happy miles ahead. Thanks for your detailed review. Have also booked the iMT version and your post has given me confidence in waiting for my car.
Old 17th December 2021, 20:29   #2135
BHPian

Could someone confirm if Kia provides 5 year standard warranty on Kia Seltos iMT. Asking for a friend whom sales advisor told Seltos has 3 year standard warranty option only.
Old 17th December 2021, 20:39   #2136
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarav100 View Post
Could someone confirm if Kia provides 5 year standard warranty on Kia Seltos iMT. Asking for a friend whom sales advisor told Seltos has 3 year standard warranty option only.
Seltos always came with 3 years standard warranty with the option of purchasing extended warranty for another 2 years. Price for the extended warranty differs from version to version (can be found on the Kia India website). I hope that helps.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2021, 11:26   #2137
avk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
I have scheduled an appointment with Epitome KIA for Sat morning to check this out. Any pointers on things to keep an eye out for?
Update: They are going to replace the steering motor. The SA said they have got an upgraded version of the same. And also would be an issue that can affect <5% of the cars. The sound coming from my steering was very feeble and was noticeable while turning at crawling speed in a noise less space like the basement.
So keep an ear out for any difference in sound coming from your steering while turning and get it checked at an ASS.
My car is Sept'20 make.

Last edited by avk : 18th December 2021 at 11:33.
avk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2021, 09:30   #2138
BHPian

Hi, I just received an email from my dealer that my car has been allotted (HTK Plus IMT), and they have asked me to make to the payment so that they can initiate the registration process. I am a little surprised because the last car I had bought I made the payment on the delivery date. Would be glad if someone could confirm Kia has a different process?

Also, they have asked me to visit there stock yard, which is in Bhiwandi (Outskirts of Mumbai) for PDI? Are they not supposed to make the car available for PDI in the showroom?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 19th December 2021, 14:20   #2139

First of all congrats on the allotment..Hoping your wait was not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick88 View Post
Hi, I just received an email from my dealer that my car has been allotted (HTK Plus IMT), and they have asked me to make to the payment so that they can initiate the registration process. I am a little surprised because the last car I had bought I made the payment on the delivery date. Would be glad if someone could confirm Kia has a different process?

Also, they have asked me to visit there stock yard, which is in Bhiwandi (Outskirts of Mumbai) for PDI? Are they not supposed to make the car available for PDI in the showroom?

Thanks in Advance!
Thats a normal procedure as per Kia dealers, enforcing customers to make payment within 4-5 days. But once you have received a mail from the dealer, just send a reply to the mail copying the kia customer care that payment will be done only after PDI and inform your SA about the same. Usually PDI is done in stock yard itself as the car is unloaded near the stock yard. You could request the dealer to make the car available for PDI in showroom but I doubt that will be accepted.
Old 20th December 2021, 15:14   #2140
BHPian

@navigator_ravi Thanks!

I am planning to visit tomorrow to the stock yard. I am looking to wait and get the vehicle registered in January 2022. Is that worth it? Is it fine to have the car lying in Dealer's yard for 2-3 weeks?
Old 20th December 2021, 15:46   #2141
BHPian

Got a message from SA that Rs 20,000 will be the hike from Jan 1, 2022 on Sonet and Seltos.

"Dear customer, due to high increase in key input prices, there will be a tentative increase in Sonet prices & Seltos prices by INR 20,000/- (Ex-Showroom), while in Carnival it will be up to INR 60,000/- (Ex-Showroom). Exact extent of price increase will be intimated once it’s officially declared from KIA India."
Old 20th December 2021, 18:53   #2142
BHPian

Can someone guide me on how to identify month of manufacturing from VIN number for Kia Seltos. The official guide on team-bhp mentions 19 digit VIN, but the VIN provided by my SA is only 17 digits. What am I missing?
Old 20th December 2021, 20:06   #2143
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Can someone guide me on how to identify month of manufacturing from VIN number for Kia Seltos. The official guide on team-bhp mentions 19 digit VIN, but the VIN provided by my SA is only 17 digits. What am I missing?
Ask him to share last 2 alphabet/digit also.. That's the month..
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2021, 10:11   #2144

Quote:
As per my understanding(I may be wrong), the VIN of KIA is 17 digits only. When I did PDI of my car recently, I confirmed the same. Only 17 digit VIN was embedded on the chassis below the front driver seat and the same on the sticker in the rear quarter glass panel. However I had asked for Form 22 from my SA which is provided to the dealer from KIA. That document clearly mentions the date & year of manufacture.
FYI, the RC of my car comes with 17 digit VIN/Chassis No.
Old 22nd December 2021, 11:44   #2145
BHPian

I am facing a weird issue with my car's infotainment system or may be with my phone (iphone 13Pro). Earlier call history was downloaded as soon as phone connected via Bluetooth but now it is not downloading at all. Rather it prompts that device connected does allow syncing of contacts, however, I have enabled sync contacts option for car in bluetooth settings. Anyone else facing similar issue and found a solution?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks