Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2022, 00:26   #2281
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by malim View Post
Does yours also default to the centre of Delhi?

That aside, I wonder what would happen if the bug were to occur while geofencing is turned on. Nothing good, I would imagine.
Delhi it is, with the same coordinates as mentioned by you. Occasionally, some trips are not logged, (especially those around a km or so). In my case, the firmware (if i remember correct) of the android unit was a version higher, and was only released publicly 6+ months down the line. Service center could not help, neither did updating maps work. I was not really concerned, as AA, all functions and Google Maps used to work fine. Took some effort to get the device registered. Overall the Vodafone connectivity combined with android unit is below average in network performance.

Last edited by xotiq : 22nd March 2022 at 00:32.
xotiq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 16:08   #2282
BHPian

I purchased by 1.4 Turbo 7DCT Seltos in Dec 2019. In early 2021 I had an issue with the gearbox, the car was jumping gears from 1 to 3/4. We were told it was a gearbox issue and it was fixed under the warranty.

Late last summer my from left suspension started making noises and we had to pay for the replacement. However the issue didn't go away for until another month or two even after sending the car multiple times to the service center when they kept saying the issue is resolved when it clearly wasn't. This January they've mentioned that the suspension that was changed had an issue with it, so the replaced the new suspension again.

Since the last 4 months I've noticed a slight jerk randomly when the gears are shifting. My driver who drives the car most of the time didn't notice but I could initially. During the suspension issue, even though I've complained on the gear jerk, they couldn't replicate it during the test drives. The issue has creeped in a lot more in late Feb and we've sent the car back to service center couple of weeks ago and I was told that there's an issue with the clutch plates which are worth around 1.4L (what I was told verbally) and they will be replaced under the warranty. The car has been sitting at the workshop for almost two weeks now and I'm expecting the car back this week.

Luckily I'm in the warranty period of the car as it's my 3rd year, I don't know if I can still get the extended warranty but I'm considering it now seeing all the issues I'm facing in the first couple of years.

I just want to give you all a heads up to the issues I've gone through and hopefully none of you will have to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Anyone experienced issue of slight stiffness while changing gears? I don't feel gear shift as smooth as my other cars. My seltos has 3000 km on odo, purchased 4 months ago.
If it's a jerk could be related to mine but stiffness I don't know what you mean exactly.
sweetvar26 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 17:46   #2283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetvar26 View Post

Luckily I'm in the warranty period of the car as it's my 3rd year, I don't know if I can still get the extended warranty but I'm considering it now seeing all the issues I'm facing in the first couple of years.

I just want to give you all a heads up to the issues I've gone through and hopefully none of you will have to.
This is indeed scary. I have recently booked Carens DCT and planning to buy extended warranty as well. It can be purchased within 90 days.
Old 23rd March 2022, 11:55   #2284
BHPian

We have a Seltos GTX (not plus) since Oct 2019 and the itch to upgrade to a better audio experience has bitten us now!

Any recommendations in Bangalore for an audio upgrade (without changing HU) please? We love our music bass heavy!

Also will this void our warranty on the car?
Old 2nd April 2022, 07:21   #2285
BHPian

The Kia dealership, from where I booked my Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT recently, confirmed that Seltos is getting 6 airbags from base variant till HTX+.

And, my sales guy also mentioned that Kia will be introducing Diesel AT in HTX variant of Seltos, which will be a good move considering that they had discontinued the HTK+ Diesel AT variant recently and I guess, the HTX Diesel AT will be priced at around 19L, which will be 2-3L cheaper than GTX+ Diesel AT, which will be icing on the cake since this variant will be getting 6 airbags and already got safety features like ESP, TC, VSM and others during last update in 2021.

And, the Seltos GTX+ Diesel AT's price got increased by 20k and X-Line's price got increased by 25k.
Old 5th April 2022, 09:15   #2286
BHPian

On a slope down, a wooden stick got entangled . Showed it to kia service goa. They are saying to relplace the whole part and the plastic bumper. Asking me to take insurance . Cost around ₹18000 and from pocket around 3000. Questions me on the build or are the service guys taking for a ride? A month old kia seltos
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-0ca0a9b44d95487f801868feb91a0e12.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20435e350dda4aa39c7960e14288f709.jpeg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-29f8e64bee7e4a0fbc35f15820f732b6.jpeg  

motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2022, 15:56   #2287
BHPian

Hey Fellow Tbhpians,

Spotted this Seltos in East Delhi, looked like someone really took keeping their favourite colour in their garage.

Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_1557.jpg
aamishdhingra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 09:56   #2288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorlover View Post
On a slope down, a wooden stick got entangled . Showed it to kia service goa. They are saying to relplace the whole part and the plastic bumper. Asking me to take insurance . Cost around ₹18000 and from pocket around 3000. Questions me on the build or are the service guys taking for a ride? A month old kia seltos
From the picture, I presume the bumper has come undone at only the left side. Are the retaining clips broken/sheared off completely? Else, this should be possible to get this fixed at your neighborhood garage.
Old 7th April 2022, 02:41   #2289
avk
BHPian

Today I was cruising at 75kmph. On sudden acceleration from cruising speeds to 100+ kmph, I heard a metal rattle kind of sound for a second coming from behind. The sound is similar to the one you hear when winding a manual alarm clock (the spring one).
I tried it again many times, cruising from 75 and going to 100+ with rapid acceleration and heard the same kind of sound total of 3 times and came only after crossing 100. Many other times, I didn't get to hear this.
No such sound during normal drive. I drive a gtx+ dct. What could be the reason for this sound?
avk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 08:58   #2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
I thought maybe he was bluffing, where in morning he had the model available, and afternoon I asked to book it and he said its sold out. or maybe I am wrong, in a few hours someone else bought it.
I booked Sonet HTX 1.0 iMT on 27th March 2021. Few days later requested the consultant toodify my booking to GTX+ iMT. Three weeks later, he informed me that HTX+ iMT is available in Red (my preferred colour) and GTX+ in Gold. He told me if I wanted, I would need to confirm urgently. 15 minutes later, called him back and the GTX+ was gone - taken by other customer.

Apparently they have a WhatsApp group and post availability usually at month end for available stocks. Considering its extremely high demand, there are takes ready by the minute.

So yes, it's very much possible that the car was available in stock in the morning but there was a customer willing to make the payment and take delivery in the next few days (or maybe hours?)

I took delivery of mine on late April.
SLTonsing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 16:47   #2291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xotiq View Post
From the picture, I presume the bumper has come undone at only the left side. Are the retaining clips broken/sheared off completely? Else, this should be possible to get this fixed at your neighborhood garage.
Actually its the right side. I asked them to convince me as to why I need to change the whole bumper ? No damages or for that matter not even a single scratch outside. Only the last clip is broken. They replaced the holder for ₹300. And also made a point to tell me that its a temporary fix and warning me about how the bumper can fly off. There is a very thin gap that is seen now. Almost negligible , unless you look at it minutely. Just like you said , I took it to my local body shop garage mechanic. He also told me that the whole bumper change was definitely not needed and he can fix the gap. Really disappointed with the service advisor at Kia though.

I have travelled for almost 200 kms on bad roads and highways as well after that and so far nothing has flown
motorlover is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 15:17   #2292
BHPian

MOD NOTE: Post edited to remove Font tags, please avoid direct Copy Paste from external font editors like word. Go through the forum rules section to find out how to use different font options within the forum. Thanks.

First Post Alert: Please pardon me if I make mistakes.!

Hello BHPians,

Have been a follower/admirer of this forum since 2014 when I bought my first car. Those were simpler times. Budget was less (for me) and therefore had only 3-4 variants from 3-4 major players and me and wifey decided for Hyundai Xcent 1.2L petrol S (manual mid variant) and it has served us without any issues till date. But time has come to upgrade to CSUV segment and that’s where I need guidance/advise from the forum.

What I need:

1. 1.An automatic with budget approx. 20L (can manage 22L for top end’s / extended warranties but that’s the max I can go)
2. 2.Petrol would serve the purpose
3. 3. Would love Paddle shifters.
4. 4.Mostly will keep the car for next 7-8 years again

What I have researched:

The reason I have used the word “researched” is because I am yet to test drive all possible options in this segment. My cousin has Seltos GTX+ so i know how that works. But still haven’t test driven all others in competition like Kushaq, Taigun, etc. So, all my knowledge or understanding, as of today, is only based on multiple Teambhp forum discussions and multiple youtube car review videos.

And based on all that research I am inclined towards Seltos GTX+ or Seltos IVT. So for the purpose of narrowing the discussion on this post, I will be focusing on only these 2 variants down below.

I have already booked both of them for test drives in the coming week.

About my driving:

I had the love for driving from the time memory serves. As back as when I was 14-15 years old sneaking on my father’s car when his driver used to drop us for school tuition on rainy days when cycling was not an option. This year I am gonna be 36, so more than ~20 years of driving with 3 years of driving in Germany/Croatia as well during my Onsite deputation.

I am not a sedate driver. I love to push pedal on my Xcent (alongwith left hand on gear). For reference:

· ** I am in the 120 range on highways on average on long EMPTY stretches say between Hyderabad – Adilabad awesome Highway. (Do not endorse it, everyone should drive safe and within limits)

· ** No trouble whatsoever in accelerating on say 36 hair pin bends on way to Ooty or say climbing on the not-so-wow roads of Mullayanagiri Peak near Chikkamagaluru.

· ** Even within city, some one who will be looking for overtaking on every possibility and be slightly on the faster side than average.

Why the confusion:

I am sure most of you have already made your mind to call me dumb (if moderators allow) and suggest to chose DCT over IVT hands down. But here is the catch.

I live in Bangalore.! (Two smileys done)

1. ** So most of the drive is city, with Return to office already in existence for me. Bangalore is ‘almost’ back to its infamous traffic with many schools and offices reopening. Although to be honest I have flexibility in office hours and I can skip peak hours, per say. So all the talk about DCT overheating-and-all comes into play here because we cannot avoid bumper to bumper traffic in Bangalore (or any metro for that matter)

Occasional trips around Bangalore once in a month or two (Love Coorg!) and most probably one trip to my native (~1500kms one side) yearly or every two years is always on the cards.

3. Next point: Wifey is interested in driving more compared to manual xcent today. She is more the sedate one and though she has not driven either yet (planned next week), I feel the turbo lag may not be to her liking/comfort.

4. Next is difference of nearly 3 L OTR between both DCT and IVT. And this is without considering the maintenance cost of DCT against IVT over the years. That always plays in the back of the mind. I agree GTX+ has loads of extra features but nevertheless.

5. Kia has now added paddle shifters in IVT along with Drive/Traction modes. So that is very nice to know before I make up my mind.

6. 360 camera sounds an amazing feature as well and I assume we can get this installed as accessory from after sales market shops in case I go for IVT.

7. Deliberately not focusing on GNACP, Fuel Economy, as I am okay with that.

Seeking advice from you all on:

The general consensus across teambhp (&youtube) is:

If most of your drive is in city and you have sedate style IVT ticks most of the boxes.

Now while the first part of the above statement is true for me, the second does not fit me. I also fear that small test drives in East Bangalore may not give a very conclusive picture. And therefore, decided to write my own post as I could not find/conclude the answer.

Which way to go? Would love to hear from respective owners driving specifically in heavy traffic conditions.

Are there any improvements in recent models of DCT? (I can sense Senior BHPians saying there is nothing called as a reliable DCT/DSG still…)

Or does IVT deliver sufficient power? (on paper I would be moving upward from 83bhp 1.2L to 114bhp 1.5L although will lose manual control over gear shifts)

P.S. – Wifey wants the upgrade to automatic and hence manual is ruled out. Plus wanted to keep the discussion purely on IVT and DCT and hence no mention of any other car from competition. Will surely test drive them as well.

Last edited by Aditya : 28th April 2022 at 18:49. Reason: Mention of overspeeding
abhinav1817 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 16:47   #2293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post

Or does IVT deliver sufficient power? (on paper I would be moving upward from 83bhp 1.2L to 114bhp 1.5L although will lose manual control over gear shifts)

P.S. – Wifey wants the upgrade to automatic and hence manual is ruled out. Plus wanted to keep the discussion purely on IVT and DCT and hence no mention of any other car from competition. Will surely test drive them as well.
I have Creta and Seltos IVT in my family and we are more than satisfied with these on the price, reliability and long term peace of mind vs the DCT or Diesel AT.

The only caveat is that the IVT is not suited for pedal to metal type of driving style. None of us in my family are spirited drivers and we enjoy sedate 90-100kmph Highway drives with only calculated overtakes. In fact I have hardly used pedal shifters in my 5k+ km Creta ownership

I think except your expectation of pedal to metal driving, IVT is a good choice. I also live in East Bangalore and chose IVT for the same reasons you mentioned (mostly city commute with occasional long drives).

I'd have suggested Diesel AT as it will tick almost all your boxes but for the uncertainty around Delhi NGT type ban in future.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 11th April 2022 at 16:51.
Aviator_guy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 17:22   #2294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
Today I was cruising at 75kmph. On sudden acceleration from cruising speeds to 100+ kmph, I heard a metal rattle kind of sound for a second coming from behind. The sound is similar to the one you hear when winding a manual alarm clock (the spring one).
I tried it again many times, cruising from 75 and going to 100+ with rapid acceleration and heard the same kind of sound total of 3 times and came only after crossing 100. Many other times, I didn't get to hear this.
No such sound during normal drive. I drive a gtx+ dct. What could be the reason for this sound?
You stated the noise was coming form the back. Otherwise, assuming your car didn't scrape its undercarriage lately, I would have suspected the transmission fluid levels. But if it is coming from the rear - do you notice anything visibly loose?
Old 11th April 2022, 18:10   #2295
BHPian

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good KIA dealership in South Delhi? I've been trying to arrange for a home test drive but the Sales agent bailed at the last minute from Frontier KIA and is no longer replying to my texts or taking calls, and the dealership in Lajpat Nagar (Jayanti, I believe) is not even picking up phone calls. Signing up from the website led to no call backs even after a week.

TBH I'm ridiculously annoyed by this behavior and this is absolutely pathetic from KIA. Tata, Skoda, VW and Jeep were all far better to deal with and I am considering abandoning the idea of the 2022 with the revised suspension tune.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks