Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2022, 18:02   #2446
avk
BHPian

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
With the seltos launch nearing 3 years, wanted to check with the early owners on whether there is any information on the eSIM status. Wasn't the connected features free for the first 3 yrs only? Will there be an extension on the free validity or will there be a subscription plan?

PS: Not an early owner. My car ownership has been less than 2 yrs.
Bumping up my question
Old 30th July 2022, 10:30   #2447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avk View Post
Bumping up my question
Had the same question. And asked one of sales person of Advaith Kia Bangalore while taking delivery of my friend's seltos (around 1st week of July). He could not confirm, but he heard rumour of yearly subscription of 9990/-. Also said Kia is improving on the app and may introduce some more connected features. Though he could not say anything how initial vehicles would support any new features.

With the features it supports now, I do not think anyone would opt for the subscription with that amount. I forgot to ask one question, whether RSA/SOS buttons would work without subscription. Anyway he couldn't have answered.

Kia started delivering Seltos from Aug 2020, so we would get more details in a month for sure.

Last edited by dipdawiz : 30th July 2022 at 10:35.
dipdawiz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 10:46   #2448
BHPian

While buying Seltos a year ago, I opted for HTK+ Diesel MT instead of AT, mainly due to fear of low fuel economy of AT.

But after 6,000KM usage, I never got more than 15 KMPL mileage (Tankful-to-tankful method, 50-60% driving in city). I see many D-AT owners posting similar/better mileage figures.

Does D-AT and MT don't have much difference in fuel economy? Did I make grave mistake of not choosing AT (I could have easily afforded AT). What's real world experience of seltos owners?

Last edited by techcoze : 1st August 2022 at 10:53.
Old 1st August 2022, 12:27   #2449
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
While buying Seltos a year ago, I opted for HTK+ Diesel MT instead of AT, mainly due to fear of low fuel economy of AT.

But after 6,000KM usage, I never got more than 15 KMPL mileage (Tankful-to-tankful method, 50-60% driving in city). I see many D-AT owners posting similar/better mileage figures.

Does D-AT and MT don't have much difference in fuel economy? Did I make grave mistake of not choosing AT (I could have easily afforded AT). What's real world experience of seltos owners?
My FE averaged over 44k kms, has been 16.01 kmpl till date measured T2T. This is with 100% ac, 25% city use and mostly driven with a heavy foot. That said, I have got 20+ on a few occasions when I drive thriftly.

Mine is a similar HTK+ MT. The engine loves open roads. Keep speeds below 100, accelerate gradually, learn to coast (in gear) and have patience; you should be able to get good FE.
Old 1st August 2022, 20:23   #2450

I went ahead and booked the Kia Seltos X-line Diesel automatic on the 21st of July after test driving the car at 3 different showrooms. (All of them were the GTX models, they don't have the X-line for test drive anywhere in Chennai.) My expected delivery date is 12-13 weeks from the date of booking.

I was contemplating between the Harrier & the Seltos and test drove both but found the Seltos to be much zippier and to my liking. The harrier is a wonderful car but unfortunately, I think it is too big for my mostly city-drive lifestyle.

With the Seltos though, things felt natural coming from a Honda Jazz V-CVT owner of 7 years and if I wasn't sold on the car before the sheer amount of features it packs compared to its competitors had me sold. The NCAP 3 star is a worry and I think it will play on my mind for a while, definitely.

I haven't been this excited for anything in a while, hope the car that I am alloted passes the Team-BHP PDI checklist. I can't wait to start driving!
Ram22693 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 10:06   #2451
BANNED

Hi,
The HTK Plus Imt version ticks most of the boxes for me.Now that Kia has made 6 air bags standard for all the variants, this becomes much more attractive.And it has brake assist,EPS too along with ABS and EBD.A Sun roof is also thrown in.(I am 63 and want to enjoy a sunroof,so don’t mind my small wish.

Mostly my driving will be in city and the ingress and egress will also be a breeze for me and wife.The only thing I want, and is missing here is the ventilated seats.Well you can’t have everything in life!

The question here I want to ask my fellow BHPins,particularly the guys owning the Imt versions, is as follows.
Is there any major reason not go with the Imt? Some reviewers,particularly a young and fast speaking reviewer on YouTube cryptically says ‘I don’t like IMt’. They do not explain why.

Expecting your valuable feedback.
Sricar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th August 2022, 20:08   #2452
Senior - BHPian

Is wireless android auto available as update for Kia Seltos HTK Jan'20 variant?
Old 4th August 2022, 21:58   #2453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sricar View Post
Hi,
The HTK Plus Imt version ticks most of the boxes for me.
Is there any major reason not go with the Imt? Some reviewers,particularly a young and fast speaking reviewer on YouTube cryptically says ‘I don’t like IMt’. They do not explain why.

I test drove Sonet IMT which has turbo engine and it felt more agile than Seltos. I usually keep one hand on the gear knob most of the time and according to salesperson this cannot be done on IMT. It seems the sensor will engage neutral as soon as it senses something on the lever. Eventually I got hold of Seltos GT diesel AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsbabu View Post
Adding my experience - my 2019 Seltos HTX AT D have completed 22K. .
Which tyres does your car have? I've JK's and completed 11.5K in 4 months of usage, sometimes I feel losing traction on hilly wet roads. Should I upgrade to contis ? I've never driven a Seltos with contis/michelins, but my Jazz CVT has contis and they still have 3.6mm tyre depth after 49k kms. I usually drive around 100 on highways and do you think JK should be good enough
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 20:28   #2454
BHPian

Did a PDI of seltos IVT today, While i was shifting from Reverse to park, I could hear a 'click' sound, Then the service person shifted the gears and informed that it was because brake pad was not depressed fully and i was shifting very slow hence the sound, he did it himself fast with brake pad fully depressed and i could hear the sound only once out of maybe 15 instances. He also mentioned that the car has been stationary for some time and it was parked on an incline with constant rains hence it would need to be driven around for some time. Would this be normal?

Also noticed rust around the discs even though the vehicle was manufactured on 29th July 2022, though rust is normal, would it accumulate so much in 8-9 days? Any input would be highly appreciated, I am concerned about the first point as new to Automatic world.
Old 6th August 2022, 21:07   #2455
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sricar View Post
The question here I want to ask my fellow BHPins,particularly the guys owning the Imt versions, is as follows.

Though i don't own an IMT, i intend to own one soon. It ticks all the boxes and with the latest update, Seltos gets the mandatory 6 airbags that i was looking for.

If you notice the other videos of Faisal Khan (the Youtuber) , he loves to rev the engine and slip the clutch resulting in wheel spin. He is unable to do that with the IMT..

Go for the IMT!!!
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 21:23   #2456
BHPian

If you can afford the HTX AT, buy that.
You can use the paddle shifters to satisfy the manual drive urges.
The iMT is a compromise which can be avoided as the Seltos Diesel AT is really good.
neofromcapone is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th August 2022, 23:24   #2457

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram22693 View Post
(they don't have the X-line for test drive anywhere in Chennai.)
I haven't been this excited for anything in a while, hope the car that I am alloted passes the Team-BHP PDI checklist.
Congrats on booking the X-line. Great choice.

I booked my Seltos GTX Plus DCT during the first week of July. While I was told that it would take 4-5 months, I got a call from them in 4 weeks (30th July) saying that my car has been allotted.
I did the PDI at Kia OMR (Chennai). They initially refused PDI before payment and I had to stand my ground. Even went as far as saying I would cancel the booking if they didn't let me see the car before making payment. They finally gave in to my demands after 5 days of arguing.

While the Odometer reading is 39KM, they car was dusty on the outside (which I think is fine as they drove the car to the showroom from the stockyard) and the tyres didn't look fresh. I was told that it was due to the rain (though it didn't rain a lot the last 2 days) and would look new after they clean it before delivery. I reluctantly agreed. The registration will happen mid next week. I'm hoping that by then, someone would decode my VIN in the VIN check thread.

On one hand I feel like I'm just being paranoid but the other side of me says I have every right as I'm spending my hard earned money.

I hope you don't have to go through all the trouble I did.
Old 7th August 2022, 05:12   #2458
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofromcapone View Post
If you can afford the HTX AT, buy that.
You can use the paddle shifters to satisfy the manual drive urges.
The iMT is a compromise which can be avoided as the Seltos Diesel AT is really good.
I second this opinion, the Seltos Diesel AT is a really good car booth with respect to engine and gearbox combination as well as mileage too.
itsmeparvathy9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 07:59   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight Rider View Post
Also noticed rust around the discs even though the vehicle was manufactured on 29th July 2022, though rust is normal, would it accumulate so much in 8-9 days?
I have seen rust accumulation happening extremely fast! So, I won't worry about it. But since it's there (& makes you concerned), please ask your dealer to get it cleaned (if not too much of rust, brake cleaner may suffice). In general, there will be rust "again", but they will tend to scrape off due to regular usage.

BTW "Many Congratulations" on your new car, wishing you safe and long journeys ahead! 👏
sarbagna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2022, 10:03   #2460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarbagna View Post
I have seen rust accumulation happening extremely fast! So, I won't worry about it. But since it's there (& makes you concerned), please ask your dealer to get it cleaned (if not too much of rust, brake cleaner may suffice). In general, there will be rust "again", but they will tend to scrape off due to regular usage.

BTW "Many Congratulations" on your new car, wishing you safe and long journeys ahead! 👏
Thank you for your kind wishes. SA has confirmed that they will clear the rust before the delivery. Was alarmed as the car was made in July end, this helps, thank you.
Knight Rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed