Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th August 2022, 10:48   #2461

Re: Kia Seltos : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by kariwarez View Post
On one hand I feel like I'm just being paranoid but the other side of me says I have every right as I'm spending my hard earned money.

I hope you don't have to go through all the trouble I did.
You have every right to a PDI before making the full payment and to choose to accept or reject the car. As you said, it's your hard-earned money and a choice that is going to stick with you for the next 5-7 years. Always to be safe than sorry. Hope you get the car in your possession soon. Do keep us posted on your experience with delivery, and don't forget to inspect the car again during delivery especially for paintwork, minor scratches etc that won't be visible in the stock yard with the car is dirty.
Old 8th August 2022, 21:54   #2462
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post

Which tyres does your car have? I've JK's and completed 11.5K in 4 months of usage, sometimes I feel losing traction on hilly wet roads. Should I upgrade to contis ? I've never driven a Seltos with contis/michelins, but my Jazz CVT has contis and they still have 3.6mm tyre depth after 49k kms. I usually drive around 100 on highways and do you think JK should be good enough
My car came with Good Years. 23k KM's done in about 3 years. I frequently drive on hilly roads when wet, but haven't experienced any problem so far. They are a bit noisy on highways. I always used to choose Yokohama Earth on my cars because I love their plush feel on highways. For Seltos though, my friendly neighbourhood tyre showroom guy is recommending Michelins instead - fellow is flat out refusing to upgrade my tyres suggesting I wait at least till 30k km are done and he can't get what's the big deal with road noise to waste money now
Old 9th August 2022, 21:14   #2463
BHPian

Hi Friends...I have booked Seltos HTX 1.5D Manual. I was also considering Creta SX 1.5 D Manual.

The major model specific advantages of each one were as follows:

Seltos over Creta:
- Has ECM IRVM
- Air Purifier
- Lesser waiting period compared to Creta
- 6 airbags

Creta over Seltos:
- Wireless Charging
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Better Service Network

My general observations are as follows:
- Creta is more organized at front in interiors. Its a minimalistic design. Seltos feels crowded.
- Seltos looks are far better than Creta. Creta looks like a big hatch-back.
- Creta seems to have higher seats, both - front and rear. Thus, offers better thigh support to tall people.
- Seltos Diesel seems peppier compared to Creta
Panko is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2022, 22:02   #2464
BHPian

Today noticed this rusting on my 10 months old Diesel seltos engine. (Glow plug connector?) Have anyone else noticed same? Should I raise alarm to Kia?

Kia Seltos : Official Review-screenshot_20220820215829.jpg
techcoze is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2022, 21:50   #2465

Have anyone recently booked Kia Seltos HTX + Diesel Manual? or any owners here ?
Old 22nd August 2022, 01:10   #2466
BHPian

Today, I saw in my neighbour's Hector that it comes with an extra flap of seat belt material stitched near the metal buckle, presumably to reduce the sound of seat belt buckle hitting the Car plastic trim when the seat belt is not in use. This is for front passenger seat.

Sadly, there is nothing like that in Seltos. Not sure if esteemed fellow Seltos owners have found a solution to this.
Old 22nd August 2022, 19:47   #2467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by civic-dk View Post
Today, I saw in my neighbour's Hector that it comes with an extra flap of seat belt material stitched near the metal buckle, ...
Sadly, there is nothing like that in Seltos. Not sure if esteemed fellow Seltos owners have found a solution to this.
Yes, one needs to pull the passenger side seat belt buckle tightly up against the top loop so that it stays snugly fit and the metal metal buckle does not rattle. I do that by pulling down on the inner portion of the belt until the metal buckle moves up to the very top of the loop and sits snugly with the top loop.

If left loose or left as is, after a passenger unbuckles and exits the car - the buckle is usually in a mid position and will rattle when the car is driven over a bumpy road. The source of rattle will often baffle the driver and may be difficult to home onto.

Last edited by Rigid Rotor : 22nd August 2022 at 19:49.
Old 23rd August 2022, 12:41   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Today noticed this rusting on my 10 months old Diesel seltos engine. (Glow plug connector?) Have anyone else noticed same? Should I raise alarm to Kia?
  • It appears the pic you posted is of a CRDI injector on a cylinder.
  • I just checked my 2021 July Diesel-AT. It has done about 13,800 kms.
  • There is absolutely no residue marks of any sort visible on my my vehicle's engine top. It is clean, barring the bit of dust, of course.
  • So, it is definitely worthwhile scheduling a visit to the service centre.
  • Question: what is the engine oil level? It should be below the double arrow level on the dipstick.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220823_112409.jpg  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-20220823_112459.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2022, 14:31   #2469
BHPian

Hello,

In the past 5 months of owning carens, prestige variant, twice I have faced the issue when the Audio screen was not responding and it was blank. Even when I was putting to reverse gear, the camera was not showing, I had to switch off the car and switched on and it was working fine. Has anyone else faced anything similar.

Cheers......
Old 25th August 2022, 21:23   #2470

I have booked my Kia Seltos HTX Plus in Hyderabad. anyone got the delivery recently? If so, what was the waiting period. The official waiting period is 13-14 weeks and dealer says he can get it by 45 days.
Old 26th August 2022, 08:53   #2471
BHPian

I have got the OTA update to my Seltos infotainment system. Curious to know what this brings!
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img20220826085132.jpg  

Last edited by harshbhat : 26th August 2022 at 08:55.
harshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 07:50   #2472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackGhost View Post
Have anyone recently booked Kia Seltos HTX + Diesel Manual? or any owners here ?
Hi, HTX+ diesel manual owner here, how can I help
Stribog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 12:17   #2473

Love Story with Diesel Cars in India (Sub 2.0L)

I belong to the dying breed of car owners who chose a Diesel car since the advent of BS VI emission norms in India. If you narrow it down to Diesel car owners below 2.0L engine then I am sure there are gonna be much less pals for me. Nevertheless I am a die hard fan of Diesel cars and never regretted it until....

While choosing my Diesel car little did I know about the importance of a magic fluid called DEF (Diesel Exhaust Fluid) and a process called SCR (Selective Catalytic Reduction) and its most critical function in Diesel cars with the advent of BS VI emission norms. Add to that the substandard BS IV or below fuel that is being sold in the Fuel stations all over India. These two things contribute to the lack of practicality of owning a Diesel car in India (sub 2.0L engine).

So I paid the price for it as all the hazard lamps in my car started blinking because the BS IV fuel got clogged in the filters of my BS VI Diesel car. The solution offered at the KIA service station was even more bizarre. They told me to drive the car for 2-3 hours over 3000 rpm

Nevertheless, the issue was resolved but I understood that this was a problem that is gonna keep coming back to me. It defeats my intelligence that why was a provision for SCR and DEF not provided for sub 2.0L cars in India. For the uninitiated, let me explain: The function of SCR and DEF is to dissolve the dirty gases, NOx, and particles that are released through the exhaust. In India, only vehicles that are 2.0L engine and above have a provision for SCR and DEF.

So I end up with a 1.5L Diesel car with no provision for SCR/DEF which is a horrible situation. So if you are planning to buy a Diesel car in India, please go for a one with 2.0L engine or above. I invite all my fellow 1.5L Diesel car owner pals to come share with me your grief or advice to handle this situation.

My love story with Diesel cars have ended, I have already used 3 Diesel cars so far (Maruti Swift Dzire 1.3L with Fiat Multijet engine, Volkswagen Polo 1.5L with TDI engine, KIA Seltos 1.5L with CRDi engine). I have already decided that my next car is going to be a Petrol car. Just like most love stories, mine also does not have a good ending. But what fun is there in a love story with a happy ending
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Seltos : Official Review-img_20220205_083744_bokeh.png  

Kia Seltos : Official Review-dash2.jpeg  

Dejay is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 13:36   #2474
BHPian

Re: Love Story with Diesel Cars in India (Sub 2.0L)

Isn't BS6 diesel being produced at refinery level? I mean to say, all the refineries in India produce only bs6 fuel. Don't they? Bs4 fuel being available even now is news to me.
Benoit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 13:58   #2475
Senior - BHPian

Re: Love Story with Diesel Cars in India (Sub 2.0L)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Isn't BS6 diesel being produced at refinery level? I mean to say, all the refineries in India produce only bs6 fuel. Don't they? Bs4 fuel being available even now is news to me.
I spoke to a friend who has a Diesel Fortuner and he said not all pumps are dispensing the BS6 diesel even now. I too was surprised this was the case.
Never owned a diesel car and I initially thought the DPF issues were more due to manufacturer fault rather than incompatible fuel being put in.
Maky is offline   (7) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks