Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 10th February 2022, 21:20   #136
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber : Official Review

At times I feel Renault is Tata's long-lost brother in Kumbh Mela. It has the ammunition in the house (1L T) but "won't carry it to the battlefield". All it needs is to plonk it in this engine bay but for some strange reason, it won't. Even after two years of launch the Triber sadly has to do with the underpowered engine. The weak link continues and Renault has not bothered to make the brand foolproof.
The excellent pricing (even as of date) further allows it to put that sweet auto from Magnite but then they are content to deal with the present footfall volume in their showrooms. I guess anything more than this can be too much for their current scale of operations. As of now, Bhpians can only wait for a complete Triber
Regards
Kuldeep31 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 22:52   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuldeep31 View Post
As of now, Bhpians can only wait for a complete Triber
Regards
I totally agree with you. They have been leading us on for almost 2 years now about the turbo engine. First it was 2020, then they said Kiger will get it first in 2021 followed by Triber. It's 2022 now and still no sign of it. I am ready to cut a cheque for the 11K in a heartbeat if they gave us that engine in the Triber.
sanspatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 14:35   #138
BHPian

With the disruptive pricing of the Kia Carens in the 7-seater segment the Triber top-end RXZ doesn't seem like VFM anymore
The entry variant of the Carens at 8.99 Lakhs seems to offer more car for the money.

Last edited by sanspatil : 16th February 2022 at 14:36.
Old 16th February 2022, 16:11   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspatil View Post
With the disruptive pricing of the Kia Carens in the 7-seater segment the Triber top-end RXZ doesn't seem like VFM anymore
The entry variant of the Carens at 8.99 Lakhs seems to offer more car for the money.
The big advantage of the Triber are its compact dimensions and the 4 star GNCAP rating. The third row (like the Carens) is also usable.
swami is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2022, 17:25   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swami View Post
The big advantage of the Triber are its compact dimensions and the 4 star GNCAP rating. The third row (like the Carens) is also usable.
I agree with you that the Triber still gets the feather for a spacious compact 7-seater. However with the safety features offered by Kia I expect the Carens should get a 4-star rating as well. And mind you ALL those safety features are offered at the base variant for 8.99 lakhs which is commendable and is what makes it a value proposition.
Old 18th February 2022, 14:54   #141
BHPian

The Triber crosses 1 Lakh sales mark. To mark this milestone Renault India has launched a Limited Edition. Details here.

I wish they had instead launched the Turbo Edition
sanspatil is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th March 2022, 19:57   #142
BHPian

Randomly came across this video about some insanely extensive dampening done to a Triber. I thought some of you may be interested in it. I don't know if it makes sense spending about 35K for it and if the results are even worth the price.

sanspatil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2022, 13:43   #143
GBX
BHPian

Any owners here installed this rear parcel tray(listed at the bottom)? Please share some pics if possible.

Renault Triber : Official Review-photo_20220419_133527.jpg
Old 19th June 2022, 11:13   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Randomly came across this video about some insanely extensive dampening done to a Triber. I thought some of you may be interested in it. I don't know if it makes sense spending about 35K for it and if the results are even worth the price.
There was a mention of 'butyl' fumes that can come out of the liner!! Won't that be toxic in the long run? I think it's better not to play around with this as getting it removed will be another headache and if not fitted properly may lead to rattles within the cabin. That said any news of the turbo variant with the CVT automatic for the Triber??
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 19:54   #145
BHPian

Quote:
I totally agree with you. They have been leading us on for almost 2 years now about the turbo engine. First it was 2020, then they said Kiger will get it first in 2021 followed by Triber. It's 2022 now and still no sign of it. I am ready to cut a cheque for the 11K in a heartbeat if they gave us that engine in the Triber.
A reliable birdie tells me that the plan for the turbo variant of the Triber is officially scrapped.

The turbo engine is apparently imported (NA is localised) - so, the cost structure will take it too close to the Ertiga / Carens.

So, all those waiting for it - please don’t.
Aragorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 10:03   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
There was a mention of 'butyl' fumes that can come out of the liner!! Won't that be toxic in the long run? I think it's better not to play around with this as getting it removed will be another headache and if not fitted properly may lead to rattles within the cabin.
Agreed. Parking the closed car under the summer heat can cause these materials to break down and emit hazardous fumes. Unless the quality of these can be ascertained better to stay away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aragorn View Post
A reliable birdie tells me that the plan for the turbo variant of the Triber is officially scrapped.

The turbo engine is apparently imported (NA is localised) - so, the cost structure will take it too close to the Ertiga / Carens.

So, all those waiting for it - please don’t.
Yeah, I got tired of waiting and my wife wasn't very pleased with the build quality of the Triber. We even took a Triber on rent from Zoomcar to do a day long drive. Couldn't convince my wife. We finally purchased a preowned 2019 Ertiga and quite happy with it. The three things I sorely miss in the Ertiga which are present in the Triber are the user removable 3rd row of seats, the roof rails, and the plenty of storage cubbies that the Triber provides. The glove box of the Ertiga is ridiculously small and the storage under the armrest is a joke. Though being a slightly smaller car the Triber excels in both the glovebox space and the armrest storage area.
sanspatil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th July 2022, 12:42   #147
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber drives past 100,000-sales milestone in India.

Name:  20220715_124106.jpg
Views: 1571
Size:  15.5 KB

Quote:
It has helped the company’s utility vehicle market share grow from 1.57% in FY2019 to 4.79% in FY2021; the FY2022 share dropped to 4.09 percent. Of the total 170,917 utility vehicles Renault India has sold between FY2020 and June 2022, the Triber accounts for 112,860 units or 66%, underscoring its importance to the company.
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 15th July 2022 at 12:43.
Old 8th August 2022, 15:17   #148
BHPian

Team,

Is the Turbo version of Triber ever coming?

We are a family of 4 which includes my 4 legged Son (Simmba, 1 Year, GSD) who is not comfortable sitting in my Ciaz and needs a flat floor to stay comfortable. The other 7 seaters doesnt do justice to us as we wont be using the last row at all.
Triber is an interesting package
- Removable last row (In our case, it will be repurposed as a couch at home :-).
- 2 row tumbles on either side. One of the side will be folded when Simmba travels with us.
- Massive luggage space with last row removed
- AC is effective.

Only fly in the ointment is the Engine. It lacks necessary punch that is needed on highway. However it looks like Renault will never launch it.

Last edited by sathya_g_m : 8th August 2022 at 15:18.
Old 12th September 2022, 14:02   #149
BHPian

I just wanted to check if anyone changed the engine oil grade in Triber and whether that made any changes to the engine smoothness, which otherwise has rough sound output. One of the SAs told me 10W30 semi-synthetic is recommended and it is not advisable to use synthetic oil.
mail2vm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2022, 16:30   #150
Senior - BHPian

There is nothing but "hushed silence" regards the Triber Turbo Petrol and CVT option that was bandied about earlier. Me thinks there's just about enough space for the engine and a manual gear box in the already small Triber engine compartment. Renault must be facing a "packaging issue" to put a 1 liter turbo petrol and CVT in the Triber, since the above mentioned option is already present in the Kiger.

Most Viewed