Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 28th January 2020, 05:18   #46
BHPian

Default Re: Renault Triber : Official Review

Such a small car with such a big hollow space inside must get high level of structural reinforcements all around. Renault, while providing 4 airbags in the top variant, isnt known for making a no-compromise approach on safety in its Indian products. Evidence points to the contrary. I hope NCAP gets this car tested soon.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 15:34   #47
Senior - BHPian

Default BS6 Renault Triber costs Rs. 4,000-15,000 more

Renault has silently launched the BS6 Triber at Rs. 4,99,000 (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Triber is available in 4 variants. The prices of all the variants have gone up by Rs. 15,000, except for the base RXE model whose prices have increased by Rs. 4,000.

The car is powered by a 999cc, 3-cylinder petrol engine producing 71 BHP @ 6,250 rpm and 96 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. It is paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox.

Variant-wise ex-showroom prices:

RXE - Rs. 4,99,000
RXL - Rs. 5,74,000
RXT - Rs. 6,24,000
RXZ - Rs. 6,78,000

Renault Triber : Official Review-2019renaulttriber01.jpg

Link to the Team-BHP News

Last edited by blackwasp : 29th January 2020 at 15:36.
blackwasp is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 16:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: BS6 Renault Triber costs Rs. 4,000-15,000 more

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwasp View Post
The Triber is available in 4 variants. The prices of all the variants have gone up by Rs. 15,000, except for the base RXE model whose prices have increased by Rs. 4,000.
Quite interesting to see only 4K change on the base model and 15K on higher variants. Do we know of any add-ons on these variants to justify 11K premium on base variant.
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th January 2020, 17:15   #49
BHPian

Default Re: BS6 Renault Triber costs Rs. 4,000-15,000 more

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Quite interesting to see only 4K change on the base model and 15K on higher variants. Do we know of any add-ons on these variants to justify 11K premium on base variant.

Looks like it is just to keep the sticker price below 5lack. Anyways, holding the increment to 15K is welcome move.
K_Drive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th January 2020, 15:02   #50
BHPian

Good job Renault. I am starting to see more Tribers on the road and thats a good thing and I like it. I am seeing the Triber AMT as a suitable replacement for my Alto AMT after a year. I have a query, since the engine is based on the Kwid, can some one tell me how is the engine's reliability and refinement in the long run say 50000kms and beyond? I havn't come across any Kwid 1L ownership review with 50000kms+ on the ODO.
Old 30th January 2020, 22:21   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdityaDeane View Post

Another Triber post accident video in the workshop, the video says that the car rolled over thrice. Seems like the base model with the Amber MID. Can't see any blood smears or anything suggesting death of the occupants. Hope they survived. Vehicle is Chhattisgarh registered.
So, in continuation, found a video of this car from inside after this roll over incident. There were 7 people inside the car, and they all survived. Only the Left last most Window broke, rest all are intact. Have a look yourself.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th January 2020 at 23:49. Reason: Removed video URL within quotes.
AdityaDeane is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 13:39   #52

Hi,
A lot of people are complaining about the wheel jack placement. But having owned the triber I have not found it odd. It's nicely hidden. The Toyota Etios to has it under the front passenger seat. The jack could not have been placed anywhere else in the car except for where it is

1. Front passenger seat - AC blower unit
2. Front driver seat - Under-seat storage
3. Center Left seat - Tumble up seat for rear access
4. Center Right seat - Under seat Jack
5. Last row seats - completely removable to give a flatbed for luggage
6. Boot - underbody spare tyre

We have owners who are using the tribers in Himalayas without any problem so its a misconception it will not pull people on its full load. I have gone to Leh in an 800 with 5 of us and luggage. There was not even a single problem with that vehicle and there will not be any problem with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
My takeaways from this well detailed TBHP official review :

1. huge wheelbase for a <4m car.
wheelbase:length = 2636:3990 (triber, extremely efficient scooping of passenger space) ; 2603:4596 (linea, extremely inefficient scooping of passenger space)

2. asking 1.0NA to pull 6(or7) people with luggage, is blasphemous in the world of IC engines. Engine will live a "im on a high all the time" life without relaxation. Renault even had the gall to add a "energy" badge on the tailgate.

3. finely executed wheelcups for steel wheels, which are made to look like alloys, may fool the innocent onlooker, but is deceitful/disrespectful to the owner - why not provide some of the nicer looking regular wheelcups and show some honesty ? This has gone from being clever to being cocky.

4. appreciate the restraint shown to not slap chrome all over the bodywork

5. interior quality is extremely inconsistent - looks like many teams were responsible for the interior, and some teams were over-budgetted while others were under-budgetted

6. Looks like they forgot about the wheeljack when designing the interior; and after finalizing their 3rd row of seats and their foldability mechanism etc, realized "oops! we forgot the wheeljack" and then decided to bolt it under middle row seatbase. That makes it hard to remove in the middle of the night on an unlit deserted highway - and makes it impossible to bolt it back in the same circumstances.

7. revv counter is a classic example of gimmicks blunting the prime purpose.

Overall, a perfect example of tailoring a product for a target market. We can see the effort renault put in, to enclose 6 adults within a 4m car. Will swing first time car buyers away from maruti for sure. If the later versions come with an added turbo or even with a 1.2NA, it will usurp a lions share of small car sales - "how to travel with my whole family at least cost" is very important to indians like us. People are bound to find out that A/C travel in train/bus for 6/7 people is not going to be cheaper than taking them all in the triber. A very good "indian" product by renault.
Mandeep0172 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 18:52   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandeep0172 View Post
Hi,
A lot of people are complaining about the wheel jack placement. But having owned the triber I have not found it odd. It's nicely hidden. .
The complaint is not about whether its hidden or visible - its about how easy and quickly it can be taken out for use and fastened back after use. The prime reason the stepney, tools and jack are placed within a scoop inside the trunk, in conventional cars, is ease of access
venkyhere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2020, 19:13   #54
BHPian

I am seeing a lot of Triber's on the road too.

Just wanted to add a quick note. Took my car on the highways for a small spin with 2 people on board. The AC was on 100% with speeds between 70-80. The mileage on the MID was quite impressive for a 1L engine pulling more than a ton!

Note: I had to slowdown to click a picture

Renault Triber : Official Review-img_20200130_143124.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torino View Post
I am seeing the Triber AMT as a suitable replacement for my Alto AMT after a year. I have a query, since the engine is based on the Kwid, can some one tell me how is the engine's reliability and refinement in the long run say 50000kms and beyond?

We had come across a Triber owner with 10700kms on ODO in 4 months in the group. Not a single issue with his engine! Not evident, but I think that the engine won't give you a trouble in the long runs. With dual VVT, it is the Clio's engine and Clio is one of the most reliable cars in Europe if I'm not wrong!.
Jagann13 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th February 2020, 20:03   #55
BHPian

Hi Triber owners, can anyone share info on tyre exchange with wider/bigger tyres like what bigger size is suited than the stocked ones. And also how good is the driving experience and control with stock tyres as the tyres look smaller for that size. Please share info on that as one of my friend is looking to buy this. Thanks in Advance.
Old 5th February 2020, 20:37   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govs View Post
Hi Triber owners, can anyone share info on tyre exchange with wider/bigger tyres like what bigger size is suited than the stocked ones. And also how good is the driving experience and control with stock tyres as the tyres look smaller for that size. Please share info on that as one of my friend is looking to buy this. Thanks in Advance.
I own the model with 185/65 R15 tyres and haven't found the need for wider or higher tyres. I have found the ride to be pliant and good. It stops where intended and the control is good. I have no complaints with the tyres provided in the top of the line variant, does the job well, even over snow as seen in my video below:

AdityaDeane is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 14:21   #57
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber turbo petrol specs revealed, to be launched soon
Quote:
Renault has introduced the turbocharged petrol engine of the Triber at Auto Expo 2020. Itís a 1.0-litre three-cylinder unit, called HR10 internally. Set to be introduced as a TCe (short for Turbo Control efficiency) unit, this engine will be tuned to develop 100 PS and 160 Nm of torque. It will be linked to a 5-speed manual transmission. Whether a CVT option will be available or not is yet to be known.
Renault Triber : Official Review-renaulttriberturbopetrolenginetce100auttoe749c.jpg
wheelguy is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 10th February 2020, 22:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

Autocar interview with Venkatram Mamillapalle - CEO and MD, Renault India. This interview covers the entire Renault display at AutoExpo, fast forward to 9:00 minutes where MD talks about Triber AMT (with traffic assist) and then HR10 (1lt. turbo engine).

Source
tj123 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2020, 17:11   #59
BHPian

Any idea if RXL variant has cabin air filter? The model I drove had dirty blower vent and was wondering if lower models have a standard cabin filter. After using models like Alto which don't have a cabin filter, I have realized that it is better to pay extra for it to avoid poor air quality and motor failure in dusty areas.
Old 16th March 2020, 19:51   #60

Default What is the wishlist of features for the upcoming Renault Triber Turbo?

These are the must have 3 for me. If not, I'll most probably give this car a pass.

1. Automatic Climate Control
2. Sun Roof (Can live without a panoramic one)
3. Cruise Control/Speed limiter

Most Viewed