Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 12:14   #76
Senior - BHPian

Renault Triber Turbo Petrol launch delayed

According to a media report, Renault has postponed the launch of the Triber turbo petrol. The car is now likely to be introduced post the launch of the Kiger in 2021.

Renault Triber : Official Review-162907.jpg

The report states that instead of launching the new engine in an existing product, Renault is keener to introduce it in a brand-new model, which is the Kiger. This makes sense from a marketing perspective.

Renault Triber : Official Review-162917.jpg

The engine in question is the HR10 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine, which is a smaller version of the HR13 4-cylinder unit that is offered in the Duster and Nissan Kicks. It is expected to develop around 94 BHP.

Renault Triber : Official Review-162913.jpg

At present, the Triber is offered with a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that puts out 71 BHP @ 6,250 rpm and 96 Nm @ 3,500 rpm. It is paired with either a 5-speed manual or 5-speed AMT.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 2nd November 2020 at 12:16.
TusharK is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2020, 21:22   #77
BHPian

Re: Renault Triber Turbo Petrol launch delayed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TusharK View Post
The engine in question is the HR10 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, turbocharged petrol engine, which is a smaller version of the HR13 4-cylinder unit that is offered in the Duster and Nissan Kicks. It is expected to develop around 94 BHP.
The HR13 4-cylinder engine is a direct injected, Turbo Charged engine whereas the HR10DET/HRA0 3 -cylinder engine is a Multi Port injected, Turbo Charged engine. The 3-cylinder version of the HR13 is also available and is code named HR10DDT. While the HR10DET/HRA0 develops 99 BHP, the HR10DDT would develop 114 BHP. HR13 is available in India with Nissan Kicks and Renault Duster. However, Nissan Magnite and Renault Kiber is likely to get only the HR10DET/HRA0 engine and not the HR10DDT.
DImPo is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 03:36   #78
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber : Official Review

After Renault Mandi (Himachal Pradesh) closed down a few years ago, we Himachalis living in and around Kullu-Mandi-Lahaul-Spiti finally have a new showroom cum service center at Gutkar, details in the screenshots below:

Address:-
Renault Triber : Official Review-screenshot_20201126032958.png

Services offered there:-
Renault Triber : Official Review-screenshot_20201126033016.png
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 08:03   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

If anyone is thinking of buying the Triber, please do wait for the turbo-petrol. I just drove it over the weekend in the Magnite & it is a superb motor. I found the Triber's 1.0 n/a petrol to be boring & character-less, but enjoyed the peppy 1.0 turbo.

It will be worth the wait. Hope Renault brings it to the Triber soon. It'll change the car's personality.
GTO is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 11:26   #80
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If anyone is thinking of buying the Triber, please do wait for the turbo-petrol. I just drove it over the weekend in the Magnite & it is a superb motor. I found the Triber's 1.0 n/a petrol to be boring & character-less, but enjoyed the peppy 1.0 turbo.

It will be worth the wait. Hope Renault brings it to the Triber soon. It'll change the car's personality.
Hi GTO,

Thanks for the update. Is Renault going to launch the Turbo CVT also in the Triber? If yes, it would really become an extremely practical and star vehicle. The kind of the space that the Triber has is just massive for that footprint and the current challenge is the wheezy engine which lets it down.

The last I had heard from Renault was that they were delaying the launch of the Triber Turbo versions and only launching the Magnite and Kiger with the Turbo versions to differentiate the two offerings and prevent cannibalization.

If the Triber is now going to come with the Turbo engine soon, that is great news and if it comes with the CVT transmission, it will really take the cake!

Renault had actually been ready with its Kiger offering even before Magnite, but they delayed their own launch as internally they had agreed to give Nissan the first mover advantage with the Magnite.

I expect the Kiger also to be launched with the next 2-3 months now!
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 12:57   #81
Senior - BHPian

Triber is an excellent car, I just saw it somedays back on the highway with a family of 5 and all their luggage in the folded rear seat. Looks so much value for money for that price and it looked good too with that high GC.

If only it came with a diesel engine, even a 75-80 bhp with a 19-20 kgm of torque one would do, a 6 speed transmission for low rpm highway cruising and a 8 lakh around on road price for the top variant, it would sway a lot of hatchback customers to this, not to mention the taxi crowd.
humyum is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th December 2020, 14:44   #82
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post

If only it came with a diesel engine, even a 75-80 bhp with a 19-20 kgm of torque one would do, a 6 speed transmission for low rpm highway cruising and a 8 lakh around on road price for the top variant, it would sway a lot of hatchback customers to this, not to mention the taxi crowd.
Yep! The Triber is one of a kind, a very unique and an extremely value for money offering.

However, there's no use in yearning for a diesel engine on the Triber. Renault have made it clear that none of their currently available diesel engines fits into the Triber. It will remain a petrol-only model till the end of its life.

For those who want more power, there's the 100 PS 1.0 turbo-petrol 5MT coming up, perhaps with a CVT option as well.
RSR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 18:40   #83
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Renault India is on a Feature Deletion spree. A viewer on my YouTube channel just informed me that his RXT variant does not have a Driver Under Seat Storage, and upon checking the Brochure, it is indeed missing from all the variants now. Bad move Renault!!

Renault_TRIBER_EASYR_AMT_Brochure.pdf
AdityaDeane is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th January 2021, 15:03   #84
BHPian

I visited a showroom to look at the Triber and was surprised at the space inside. Apart from the slightly bad underthigh support for taller people, it was comfortable in all 3 rows. The pricing is also very good. It is around 7.5 lakhs for the AMT with AC in all 3 rows. This is surely one of the most practical cars in India today. If they could provide a crash test rating from NCAP, it would really make buyers of overpriced Marutis and Hyundais take notice. The Magnite did decently in the Asean NCAP crash test and the Triber being based on a similar platform could also do well. The quality is definitely better than the Kwid.
Cessna182 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 19:23   #85
Senior - BHPian

Those waiting for a turbo Triber will have to wait till next year apparently. I guess the anticipated demand for the turbo Kiger (and Magnite) is far higher than they calculated. Pity because Renault could have really gone up the charts with the turbo Triber and Kiger.
https://www.zigwheels.com/news-featu...to-2022/41171/
wilful is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 12:45   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by humyum View Post
Triber is an excellent car, I just saw it somedays back on the highway with a family of 5 and all their luggage in the folded rear seat. Looks so much value for money for that price and it looked good too with that high GC.

Over the past 3 months, I've seen more and more Tribers on the road. Wondering if its just the launch and manufacturing ramp up or interest is genuinely increasing in this car! Either way, good for a car that's stradling two segments.
smsrini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 15:10   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna182 View Post
I visited a showroom to look at the Triber and was surprised at the space inside..
That is the thing. I checked car out while waiting for our Kwid to get serviced and was pleasantly surprised at the space and features.
BUT
I doubt many people are going there to check this car out specifically. Feels like Renault doesn't market it well. Hope the increased footfall because of Kiger also helps Triber. I am pretty sure it is eating sales from people who originally went there for Kwid - not a bad thing, but this car deserves some more recognition of its own. It will sell even better.
Old 1st March 2021, 17:06   #88
BHPian

Few days back I took the Triber for a spin, drive-ability is Okay, but quite not sure how well the 1.0 L NA engine hold up if its fully packed with 7 people. But what took me by surprise was the space offered. Very cleverly engineered , I am 6 feet tall and even I can sit on the third row without getting my knee crushed ! In a Sub 4 meter car !!
The Center row is bit upright and under thigh support is bit less, but the Value it offered is unlike anything else.
Anyone planning to buy Triber, it would be wise to wait for Turbo Petrol.
Old 2nd March 2021, 22:36   #89
BHPian

If they are launching the turbo petrol for Triber right now, the Kiger would be impacted because more people would lean for Triber which would have same engine with an extra row of seat in similar price band. It seems that they want Kiger to be established & they they would come with the turbo Triber.
Old 2nd March 2021, 23:56   #90
Senior - BHPian

This image was shared on our Triber Owners WhatsApp Group today:

Renault Triber : Official Review-img20210302wa0001.jpg

Wonderful additions, I must say! Wish we could get them fitted in our cars, especially Steering Controls, Dual Horns and Height Adjustable Driver Seat.

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 2nd March 2021 at 23:57.
AdityaDeane is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks