Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2020, 12:59   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault Triber : Official Review

Great review as usual. You got to give it to Renault's market research team and their design team. They found a void in the market and executed a product to perfectly vill that void.

I don't agree with the popular view that Renault should offer a more powerful engine. This product will work only at this price point. A better engine can only be offered by increasing the price or losing their margins. Any increase in price will take it closer to Ertiga and their advantage is gone. This is a very precise execution of a well thought out strategy by Renault. I think they have nailed it with everything including the engine choice and pricing.
padmrajravi is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 13:13   #17
BHPian

This is an incredible design for non-metro India and its big family and friends. Many of them drive their cars at 60 even on an open highway.

They even made that under-seat storage for the head of the family to hide his cache of cigarettes from kids and elders . Renault has got its targeted segment right.

Last edited by GTO : 24th January 2020 at 13:36. Reason: Rule #11
shobhit.shri is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 13:35   #18
BHPian

Great Review! Triber has a simple USP, you got a big family but you are on budget take our car.
They have given buyer with a 5+ seating need having a limited budget option to own a car, at this price range there is no competition. Only downside is parts & service availability in small towns.
I have extensively driven the Lodgy and I find their cars to be very good in performance, however even their top end models lack the charm of a modern car. lots of ugly big knobs plus the average plastic quality on the dash makes the buyer a little skeptical.
Triber on the other end may change their luck with the mouth watering price.
ShivrajG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 13:45   #19
BHPian

Renault Triber looks so clean and nice for a MPV with bottom tier pricing. Its utility, safety(4 airbags!), features and value for money is unbeatable and frankly unbelievable in the current day car market.

Already saw 2 Tribers in the office parking lot which shows the popularity of the car. An engine upgrade option which can product 90 odd bhp and priced under 9L will pull more people to this car instead of overpriced premium hatchbacks.

Great work Renault! Wish you all the success with this car.
Yieldway17 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 14:34   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

What a fantastic review guys! 5 stars.
And a nice surprise too as I think not many were eagerly looking forward to it right now (with other big fancy names expected to appear in official reviews soon). Nice to see this small wonder get it's due recognition on the trusted platform.

I have liked it from launch. Simply as an engineering & design marvel on budget. A sample of amazing blend of utility-style-economy. Must appreciate Renault for it. While currently designs from other makers like Tata get a lot of widespread recognition, I think this car really deserves a lot of it too. Toyota sold the ETIOS as "Made for India". If you ask me, the Triber is the one "Made for India". Far more than the Etios surely.

Barring the current 1.0L NA engine (which is simply there for cost reasons & I have made peace with it) here are the things I'd have liked to be better -

1. The car should have had a reverse light on both sides. Such long cars need to have it. We tend to reverse out in blind / angled places many times and just 1 light is not necessarily visible to all. (By the way the one in pictures appears too white to be a halogen! is it an LED?)

2. They should have provided steering mounted controls or physical buttons under the ICE. I have experienced how annoying it is to use a touch-only head unit. Its very distracting while driving.

3. The headlamp leveler should have been better .

4. Front seats should have had adjustable head restraints considering so many other rows get it too.

P.S. - We have become so much habitual to seeing cool mod @Aditya in the middle row for the review picture, if some review doesn't have that customary picture, we might not rate it 5 stars.

Last edited by Reinhard : 24th January 2020 at 14:49.
Reinhard is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 14:36   #21
BHPian

Excellent and superbly-detailed 5* review.
Have been waiting for the official team-bhp Triber review before making our decision. But looks like it'll be prudent to wait for the AMT since dad (60 yr old) will be predominantly driving it.
Any idea if the AMT will be mated with the turbo or on this NA engine itself ?
Anduril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 15:02   #22
Senior - BHPian

A review deserving 5 Stars, and a car deserving 5 Stars as well! The car may not get them from Global NCAP (I believe it may score a 4 at the maximum, but maybe not 5), but it has my 5 Stars for sure.

As an owner, I am loving my car day in and day out, and as a token of appreciation, I have penned down my ownership thoughts here (Ownership Review of my Renault Triber RXZ (Electric Blue)).

Thanks for detailing the car and writing down this amazing, worth the wait, review.

P.S. - The doors have Impact Sensing Auto Unlock, the reviewer has mentioned it as Impact Sensing Door Locks. Also, the doors do not Auto Unlock upon stopping and switching the car off, they only offer Speed Dependent Auto Lock function, you have to unlock it manually by lifting the knob or pressing the master Unlock switch on the central console.

Last edited by AdityaDeane : 24th January 2020 at 15:16.
AdityaDeane is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 15:13   #23
BHPian

Fantastic Review as always. Renault has done a fantastic job with TRIBER. As GTO said, slightly bigger engine would amke this car more appealing. Hope its bringing in more foot falls into the Renault showrooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautam109 View Post
Renault should do an "XL-6" on the Triber. Launch a premium version
I love that!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
. Toyota sold the ETIOS as "Made for India". If you ask me, the Triber is the one "Made for India". Far more than the Etios surely.
Rightly said!!

Last edited by saisree : 24th January 2020 at 15:15.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 16:19   #24
BHPian

Thanks for the wonderful things!

As said, a made for India car and that too with an attractive budget! Hope to see the car in its Glory with the Automatic and the Turbo petrol!
Jagann13 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 19:00   #25
BHPian

Excellent review. Renault has a winner at their hand, a sub 4 meter car with such practical options, kudos to the design team. I wonder why major manufactures missed this opportunity.
About safety, why they have opted out of passenger seat belt pretensioner and load limiter. On what grounds they felt co passenger life is less important? May be they wanted to advertise this feature but at the same time wanted to save cost. Instead of start stop button they could have included these features plus a better horn and steering controls.
RK79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 19:05   #26
Team-BHP Support

A great budget product and a hit judging by the numbers on the road. The third row of seats is bit like extracting blood from a stone but it is its selling point.

Time to tack a turbo on and give it more go, or is it more than"Go"!
ajmat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 19:36   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Excellent review. Rated 5*.
As-usual a very apt and to the point review. As i always say, if a person read a Team-Bhp review and then drive that car, he will find what exactly he expected from it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiragM View Post
The car accelerates alright until 90 km/h, but performance is sluggish @ 100 and beyond.
While test driving the Triber, i tested the 0-90 acceleration with 4 person and AC on. It was decent. With less load and AC off it was faster, but I do not have that video.

Last edited by Samba : 24th January 2020 at 19:43.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 19:53   #28
BHPian

Must say this car should get the most innovative product award in the automobiles segment in India this year.
Superb space management, good looking, decent interiors and a bunch of good to have features at a very good price point made it a good case in MPV segment.

Would love to see a CVT rather than an AMT with the same tried and tested combination which they used in Micra and even in Datsun Go.

Along with that a new top end variant with at least below mentioned features
ACC
Steering Mounted Controls
Rear Wiper (Even Datsun Go has it now which I highly recommend)
Better fit and finish around Cabin lights and even the day/night mirror looks & feel flimsy
Turbo Engine
and an automatic option for each Variant

Last edited by Highh5 : 24th January 2020 at 19:55.
Highh5 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 20:59   #29
BHPian

Yet another brilliant review from team bhp. Renault Triber seems to be selling on its price point and practically. Customers are showing confidence in the Mpv. Having seen and driven the car in person. Apart from evident panel gaps, cost cutting, like missing of bonnet cladding, visible pipes for wiper washer etc. One thing which I am sure review team must have noticed is no glass protection for the Mid Odometer console it's in direct contact with the environment don't know what was Renault engineers thinking it's prone to wear an tear
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber : Official Review-a2c927df93d64ce29099345689d45c3b.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2020, 21:42   #30
BHPian

Just asking out of curiosity, but is that rust in the suspension setup & the brakes.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault Triber : Official Review-img_20200124_213940.jpg  

_lewie_ is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed