Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 22:08   #181
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso : Official Review

Harman is the parent company of JBL, Harman Kardon, Mark Levinson, Infinity , Lexicon, Bang & Olufsen etc.,. But all these are now owned by Samsung from 2016. In Spresso the audio quality is very crisp ( even with only 2 front speakers; all my previous cars had 4 speakers installed even in M800; but in Spresso so far I had not thought of installing rear speakers). But it seems the same system was not good in Celerio; may be the speakers are not good..

Last edited by kvsneela : 14th August 2022 at 22:12.
Old 29th August 2022, 20:18   #182
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
As someone who was eyeing the AMT Punch, it is just priced too high for my liking and we were considering Spresso before. Now tomorrow we are going to Maruti showroom to have a look at spresso in person. At 6L OTR In Mumbai, I Amy very well go for this. It is for wife mostly for dropping and picking kids to school (2.5 kms away) and may be sometimes for myself.

I see even the Top AMT variant doesn't have rear camera. I would like to get that added from dealership itself so video can come in the 7 inch screen system. How much does that cost?
We bought an Ignis zeta amt. A much better car than the spresso and celerio.
Old 24th September 2022, 17:43   #183
BHPian

My sister has a 2020 model Spresso VXI+ AGS. Recently, she upgraded the stock audio by adding an amplifier and a pair of 6x9 coaxials on an MDF parcel tray. Installation was done at our home by a well recommended audio guy, and he seemed to do a good job, as far as I could tell. As I am not an expert in this, I can't be sure.

Ever since, she has been having an issue with the speakers making a popping sound whenever the horn is pressed. The horn is stock btw. This wasn't detected until we actually went for a drive sometime later.

She also added a pair of halogen fog lamps a bit later. When these are switched on they are also creating some additional noise in the audio.

My basic idea is that this all has to do with the grounding of the amp, and we had the installation checked out at another shop. They say that the installation done is fine, and that this issue is common in Spresso, as it only has the option for a 2 speaker out and the amp connection is sourced from the front speaker out and not the pre-amp.

Has anyone had a similar experience with the rear speaker installation on their Spresso? How can we resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.
Old 7th October 2022, 11:19   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekgk View Post
My sister has a 2020 model Spresso VXI+ AGS. Recently, she upgraded the stock audio by adding an amplifier and a pair of 6x9 coaxials on an MDF parcel tray. Installation was done at our home by a well recommended audio guy, and he seemed to do a good job, as far as I could tell. As I am not an expert in this, I can't be sure.

Ever since, she has been having an issue with the speakers making a popping sound whenever the horn is pressed. The horn is stock btw. This wasn't detected until we actually went for a drive sometime later.

She also added a pair of halogen fog lamps a bit later. When these are switched on they are also creating some additional noise in the audio.

My basic idea is that this all has to do with the grounding of the amp, and we had the installation checked out at another shop. They say that the installation done is fine, and that this issue is common in Spresso, as it only has the option for a 2 speaker out and the amp connection is sourced from the front speaker out and not the pre-amp.

Has anyone had a similar experience with the rear speaker installation on their Spresso? How can we resolve this issue? Thanks in advance.
dear Vivek,
in my humble opinion this car ( Spresso) is small enough which does not warrant for amplifier setup. I am still using the original 2 speaker setup which is ok for me ( I am considered by many as an audiophile but I normally find car atmosphere is not the place for enjoying music qualities especially a small car so I don't spend improving in car audio systems.I have JBL and Sony speaker pairs which may try to add in rear doors in future after the warranty period is over). Adding a rear speaker setup in rear doors is also ok as there is rear speaker output provided in the headunit and also provision for speakers ( only speaker covers are to be added in the rear door ). The rear speakers in the parcel tray wont give quality audio.( there may be vibrations in low frequencies). But adding amplifier is little too much for my liking in this small car. For amplifier , preamp outputs are required which will drive the amplifier which may not be present in the headunit.( and feeding the front speaker output to amplifier is horrible idea if it is true). My suggestion is : Completely remove amplifier from the setup and connect the rear speaker output of the head unit to rear coaxial speakers in the tray. Just check if this setup has any problem. If ok then take it from there.
kvsneela is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 22:56   #185
BHPian

BHPians, we have booked Spresso VXI+ AGS for my wife. As most we were also confused between Ignis and Spresso and finally went for Spresso as our need is strictly city drive and my wife liked the commanding view of street Spresso offers. She is a new driver and excited about the ease of drive this car offers.
Though head fought hard to go 4 cylinder unit in Ignis but the new Spresso engine also offers good mileage ARAI 25 kmpl which calmed down the storm in head.

We booked it through Ackodrive, will get delivery in next 10 days.
FiatDiesel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 07:29   #186
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiatDiesel View Post
BHPians, we have booked Spresso VXI+ AGS for my wife. As most we were also confused between Ignis and Spresso .....Though head fought hard to go 4 cylinder unit in Ignis but the new Spresso engine also offers good mileage ARAI 25 kmpl which calmed down the storm in head.
Congratulatons on the Spresso!!!

True. The Dualjet treatment in the Spresso has given it a very welcome mileage boost, add to that the AMT has hill hold and ESP. Something that the Ignis (though a far superior car in every respect) seems to miss. Spresso:Ignis all boils down to the city:highway running.

Last edited by DicKy : 9th October 2022 at 07:33.
DicKy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2022, 14:03   #187
BHPian

Quote:
BHPians, we have booked Spresso VXI+ AGS for my wife.
Congrats on the booking!

I had a question about the hill-hold feature that the VXI+ AGS variant has. I have experienced hill-hold in a torque-converter automatic and it works like magic, the car doesn't roll back even a bit when starting on inclines. I'm not sure if the gearbox type (TC vs AMT) even matters for hill-hold, but I was very interested to know how well hill-hold works in the S-Presso. Did you get a chance to test this out during your test drive?

Quote:
We booked it through Ackodrive, will get delivery in next 10 days.
A waiting period of only 10 days looks strange in the current climate . Is there not much demand for the VXI+ AGS variant specifically? If you are ok to share, did you get any discounts?
Old 13th October 2022, 20:58   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Congrats on the booking!

I had a question about the hill-hold feature that the VXI+ AGS variant has. I have experienced hill-hold in a torque-converter automatic and it works like magic, the car doesn't roll back even a bit when starting on inclines. I'm not sure if the gearbox type (TC vs AMT) even matters for hill-hold, but I was very interested to know how well hill-hold works in the S-Presso. Did you get a chance to test this out during your test drive?
To be very frank, we didn’t test drive 2022 model and had taken test drive last year but cancelled the plan for sometime. This time we checked Ignis as an alternative but ease of driving Spresso in city stood out hence we straight away booked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
A waiting period of only 10 days looks strange in the current climate . Is there not much demand for the VXI+ AGS variant specifically? If you are ok to share, did you get any discounts?
You are right, it’s not available specifically AGS which is in huge demand across segments. Ours is unique case, we checked all dealers in Pune, none had it and were quoted 2-3 months of waiting so booked with one. However Ackodrive showed 1 AGS to be available immediately in Pune, we enquired, they confirmed and we booked it. Frankly I had not so positive feelings with Ackodrive given the reviews and it came true, the Ackodrive dealer backed out that car is already sold out. This happened when Ackodrive has confirmed to me few hours before that car is available for immediate delivery.
It was embarrassing situation for Ackodrive RM, but the silver lining is that they got the colour of our choice and VXI+AGS in Mumbai, I agreed after they blocked the car, got dealer into conference to confirm availability & booking. Dealer shared the chassis & engine number with dispatch date from factory 26 Sep.
i drove down to Mumbai for PDI before any further payments and was fully satisfied with car as per Team BHP checklist.

All payments done and delivery scheduled from NAVI Mumbai showroom of dealer which is nearest to Pune. Dealer also offered to deliver to our home in Pune from Mumbai for a small fee however I refused as wifely wants proper showroom ritual for her first four wheeler.

On road price without any discount is 7.09 lacs.

Ackodrive gave on road price of 6.58 lacs including 3 year extended warranty and Acko insurance. If bought directly from dealer it comes out to be 6.8 lacs.

Hope this helps
FiatDiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 10:12   #189
Senior - BHPian

Hi Fellow S-Presso owners,

Need some inputs. My dad's S-Presso's battery conked off in exactly 3 years of ownership. It was a Tata Green battery and the battery guy said the CCA value was 30A and voltage was 11.4, so he recommended changing the battery.

After putting a new battery yesterday, he checked the voltage while the car was running and it was not going above 13.7x-13.8 Volts and asked us to have the alternator checked as he mentioned that its ideal value should be anything above 13.8V

I verified this with my Ertiga which showed a constant range voltage between 13.88 to 13.92 at all loads

We took the car immediately to the authorised service center, they used a more sophisticated voltmeter and the voltage showed 13.73 at full load (AC, headlights on) to 13.78 at no load, to which the SA said it is normal and I have nothing to worry about. When I asked why Ertiga's Voltage was more, he said it is having different load specifications hence the difference.

I am not fully convinced with his answer and really wanted to see what is the voltage of other S-Presso's is. I have asked my dad to check on the battery over next few days. Let me know if 13.7V is ideal for Spresso or what does your car's alternator voltage is while hot and running.

Thanks!
Old 11th December 2022, 15:44   #190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiInJa View Post
Hi Fellow S-Presso owners,

Need some inputs. My dad's S-Presso's battery conked off in exactly 3 years of ownership. It was a Tata Green battery and the battery guy said the CCA value was 30A and voltage was 11.4, so he recommended changing the battery.

After putting a new battery yesterday, he checked the voltage while the car was running and it was not going above 13.7x-13.8 Volts and asked us to have the alternator checked as he mentioned that its ideal value should be anything above 13.8V

I verified this with my Ertiga which showed a constant range voltage between 13.88 to 13.92 at all loads

We took the car immediately to the authorised service center, they used a more sophisticated voltmeter and the voltage showed 13.73 at full load (AC, headlights on) to 13.78 at no load, to which the SA said it is normal and I have nothing to worry about. When I asked why Ertiga's Voltage was more, he said it is having different load specifications hence the difference.

I am not fully convinced with his answer and really wanted to see what is the voltage of other S-Presso's is. I have asked my dad to check on the battery over next few days. Let me know if 13.7V is ideal for Spresso or what does your car's alternator voltage is while hot and running.

Thanks!
Dear Nilnja,
I have Spresso ( March 2022) and following are the results.( I used my own digital multimeter ).
1. Engine off: 12.5 v
2. Engine on ( initial high rpm): 14v
3. Engine on( settled idle rpm) : 13.85 to 90v
4. Engine under load ( AC and HL but no acc. input): 13.83 v
5. Engine on ( no load but Accel. pressed since there no tacho no idea about rpm).: 13.93/95v
It does not mean ur alternator has gone bad ( as it is showing slightly less than my reading ). May be 3 years usage makes that effect. Continue to watch the new battery charging.
From your information , it is understood that old Tatagreen battery was having CCA30A and 11V which shows either the battery has gone bad or not charging ( again either due to low usage/gadgets kept on or alternator not charging). Unable to deduce whether u had tried to charge outside or not.

Battery life doesnot depend on years of usage but depends on the on/off cycle and also maintanence. If the battery is discharged and charged more frequently 3 to 4 years should be ok. ( That is used for daily office commuting and other local short trips all days almost). I have seen batteries lasting for 7years in case of used only weekends. In my case I use only once in a month that too for highways trip so may last for more years( I hope). Remember ,except for sealed battery , all the zero/low maintenance batterries require distilled water once in a while.
Hope this helps..

Last edited by kvsneela : 11th December 2022 at 15:48.
kvsneela is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 21:12   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvsneela View Post
Dear Nilnja,
I have Spresso ( March 2022) and following are the results.( I used my own digital multimeter ).

From your information , it is understood that old Tatagreen battery was having CCA30A and 11V which shows either the battery has gone bad or not charging ( again either due to low usage/gadgets kept on or alternator not charging). Unable to deduce whether u had tried to charge outside or not.
Many thanks for the detailed numbers
It does give me an idea that something 'might' be up with the alternator as ours did not cross 13.82- 13.83 at any point, yet the service advisor said it was good enough to charge the battery.

The only way I think I can verify this for sure is comparing the numbers with similar aged car side-by-side.

My dad's usage pattern is sort of detrimental to the car's battery, as he rides it only for short duration (mostly from my house to his which is just 3 km away), once or twice in a week and some 100+ long drives in two to three months.
Old 26th January 2023, 12:58   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanolover View Post
Got the clutch release bearing replaced under warranty on my brother's 6 month old spresso done 3500 kms. Work was done after registering complaint via maruti website ( the response is swift and efficient and an object lesson in customer support). I had pointed out this issue during the second. Service and they gave the vehicle back saying the bearing was replaced. Red flag was no mention of it in the final bill. Car drive ok for one week following which the clack sound when releasing the clutch returned.

This time after escalation, hope it's fixed for good. The clutch still makes a clack sound when engine is idle and if you press and release the clutch. Not noticable now, during driving though.

Spresso owners bear this in mind,if this issue props up in your cars .
Hi my spresso is 1 year old done 1200kms and I am having the same clutch problem.
Old 10th February 2023, 20:15   #193
BHPian

I had not concentrated on clutch problem before. Today I drove the car ( after nearly 40 days) and didnot notice any noise from clutch side in idling or driving..
Old 16th February 2023, 08:50   #194

Has anyone tried 175/65 r14 on stock 5j steel rims ?? They looked like a decent upsize atleast on paper. Any feedback on steering response, body roll, ride quality etc on this mod ?
Old 18th March 2023, 12:20   #195
BHPian

I have booked a VXI+ AGS S-Presso as a 3rd car for my garage. This will be mostly used for city run abouts and occasionally highway trips, which will not be more than 100 km one side.

What bothering me is the poor safety rating of the car. The thoughts of getting a Tiago NRG AMT has started creeping on my mind. I liked the S-Presso because of fuss free ownership of Maruti, the ground clearance and the visibility of bonnet from the driver seat. Also, the addition of hill hold and ESP to the S-Presso made me book the car.

Should I continue with the S-Presso booking or spending around 2 lacs more on the Tiago NRG will be a good decision?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks