Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 30th June 2020, 17:54   #61
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Maruti S-Presso : Official Review

Last saturday, we finished first service of the Spresso. The car had just about 1.2k kms on to odo due to covid lockdown, but it was time and dealer kept calling and pestering for service, so eventually we obliged. It was first free service, and costed just 240rs towards covid related sanitization efforts. Infact, one the same day i got the 2nd free service done for my Royal Enfield Interceptor, which costed 3300Rs (basic service, no extra spares or work). Maintaining a Maruti is even less than a two wheeler.
So the spresso first service took just a few hours and the entire process was well managed from covid related regulations. They said everything mostly seem to be in shape, as car has hardly run. Could not make much difference in the drive after the service, may be a tad bit smoother.

From whatever we had driven so far, we are happy with the car. Its mainly for Wifey's commute to work and she is been very happy with it now. Prior to this, she was driving a 2007 alto manual. Changeover to AMT took little time, and now she cant think of going back to manual. I find spresso to be peppy, light, and easy to maneuver. Its decently built too with decent fit and finish for the price one pays. The AC is chilling. The suspension feels a bit on the stiffer side, and the engine noise and general spirited driving gives the feeling of a slightly rougher product, not sure if thats intentional to go with the projected masculine identity. And yes, the looks seem to slowly grow on us. Initially, we did not really like how it looked, and now its started looking nice to them same pair of eyes.
nasirkaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2020, 11:41   #62
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti S-Presso : Official Review

Generally I thought the car has a lot to offer Indian customers.
  • It seems spacious for 4 people (good for a nuclear family).
  • It is still compact for easy maneuverability and still has high ground clearance which makes it suitable for small towns and rural areas.
  • It is also economically priced so that a middle class/lower middle class salaried person can aspire to own.
  • The 1000cc engine seems adequately powered for regular use.

What I dislike is
  • The appearance of the rear. But I suppose that is by design (Jassi Jaisi or Ugly Betty become popular in this age).
  • They could have added AC vents at the rear; this could make it more comfortable
smooth indian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed