Search this Thread
Old 2nd November 2020, 18:43   #76
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Maruti Suzuki's S-Presso enters the top 10 cars sold/dispatched in October:

Link
Something wrong right ? Sonet sold around 11.7K
Great numbers from Swift & Baleno though .

https://twitter.com/SomChaterji/stat...002228738?s=19
Old 11th November 2020, 14:33   #77
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso : Official Review

Seems like Global Ncap has tested the S-Presso. The S-Presso was only fitted with a driver airbag as standard, achieving zero stars for adult occupant protection and two stars for child occupant protection.

abhi9044 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 14:40   #78
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi9044 View Post
Seems like Global Ncap has tested the S-Presso.
Zero star due to absence of passenger side airbag I guess. But I'm glad to see that the A pillar hasn't bent or crumpled like that in Alto. The cabin appears more stable than that of Alto.

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-screenshot_20201111150023__01.jpg
G-NCAP says body is unstable.

Last edited by BoneCollector : 11th November 2020 at 14:55. Reason: Added more info.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 14:46   #79
BHPian

If I remember, the Kwid was also tested with one airbag, when it was able to score 1 star in the global NCAP tests.
abhi9044 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 13:24   #80
BHPian

Those who buy spresso are fully aware of lack of safety features other than airbags. I have seen spresso mostly for city run where average speed is <25kmph, and spresso does its job of providing nimble driving experience with very short turning radius. It's certainly better than 2 wheeler

Of course, it's not advisable to take on highways or long drives where average speeds are high.

Spresso is selling very well in tier2 and tier3 cities where it's serving as primary.

Those wanting to buy safe vehicle with 4 or 5 stars in crash test should not consider any small cars from Maruti, Hyundai, Renault or Nissan Datsun.

Last edited by harishpr : 14th November 2020 at 13:25.
harishpr is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th November 2020, 21:54   #81
Senior - BHPian

And why not expect better ratings, if they can do it overseas. See what they have to say in South Africa, about our car
Quote:
Originally Posted by harishpr View Post
Those wanting to buy safe vehicle with 4 or 5 stars in crash test should not consider any small cars from Maruti, Hyundai, Renault or Nissan Datsun.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-photo20201125210231.jpg  

Sebring is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 13:22   #82
AZT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
And why not expect better ratings, if they can do it overseas. See what they have to say in South Africa, about our car
While this was shocking for me, I did a quick google search and the SA Spresso base variant is R 134,900 which is ~ 6.5 lakhs. India base variant is 3.71 lakhs ex-showroom.

I'm guessing SA has safety laws in place which level the playing field so all manufacturers have to meet a minimum benchmark. In our case it's a race to the bottom so Suzuki India has no incentive to make safer cars by cutting their margin.

Also, something cool I found about the SA market. It seems the base S-Presso is the cheapest car there.
Quote:
Despite being the cheapest car on the market, there’s no roughing it in the R134 900 1.0 GL base model, which still packs most of the comfort and safety essentials. Standard features include air conditioning, front electric windows, remote central locking, rear park distance control, trip computer, 14-inch rims with plastic wheel covers, dual front airbags and ABS brakes.
https://www.iol.co.za/motoring/lates...t-car-45145694
AZT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2020, 13:50   #83
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's certainly better than 2 wheeler
Absolutely no doubt that all points you mentioned are correct. Indeed people should not forget that these cars are safer than a 2 wheeler. This is the ONLY reason I also have an Alto in my parking. Its a replacement for a scooter/bike because I don't want my child to ride these things in a city like Pune.
Quote:
Those who buy spresso are fully aware of lack of safety features other than airbags.
We wait since ages for this to be the ground reality in India. Fact on the ground is - majority of the people do not pay attention to safety aspects of a vehicle. We are anyway a group of people aspiring to move from a 2 wheeler to a car in this segment. The polished sales approach, flashy atmosphere + documentation ensure the customer is impressed enough to take the plunge. Not a huge proportion of even urban buyers are aware of the safety aspects.

I have heard many saying "I am a safe driver, I don't ever speed above 60. So its OK". Someone needs to constantly remind that the accident can be fatal even if you are parked at 0 KMPH. All it takes is for someone else to lose control at high speed and hit our car. There is no relation in being a safe driver & being safe after an accident. And this is a clear evidence of how unaware even the urban, educated people are in reality. The constant sky high sales numbers of the Baleno are another indicator of this. Its a rather costly car yet does not have exemplary safety credentials as such. Are we sure that the people spending near 10 lakh rupees, are still aware of its safety aspects?

Last edited by Reinhard : 26th November 2020 at 13:54.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 10:11   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

10 most fuel-efficient vehicles CAR magazine tested in 2020... S Presso shares the top slot with Peugeot's 108:

Quote:
Sharing the top spot is Suzuki’s new S-Presso. The 1,0-litre three-pot, which is also found in the Celerio, delivers 50 kW. Interestingly, our fuel-route figure of 4,8 L/100 km betters the Japanese firm's claim.
Name:  1.PNG
Views: 3808
Size:  540.1 KB

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 10:51   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

^^
I would consider it as one of the most eco friendly new car you can buy, needs the least amount of resources to build as well as run, just the way it should be.

Suzuki could have very well turn that engine around and add a transfer case, make a smaller Gimny out of it. Afterall our Gypsy had a 1L engine initially, and it did just fine.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 13:17   #86
Senior - BHPian

Just wanted to check did any one of those who purchased the SPresso try out the Redigo 2020 ? Seems to be an equally compelling option with an even smaller footprint (keeping aside the broader differences between Datsun and MSIL).
Old 8th January 2021, 10:40   #87
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Zero star due to absence of passenger side airbag I guess.
Even the Santro and WagonR were tested with only single driver side airbag, but both of them managed to score 2 stars.
Sanidhya mukund is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 01:44   #88
BHPian

Since all the relevant crash test thread have been closed I will just leave this here for Maruti marketing team guys to find.

JithinR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 10:58   #89
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JithinR View Post
Since all the relevant crash test thread have been closed I will just leave this here for Maruti marketing team guys to find.

https://Youtu.be/FZLEbO6YqXw
Just one point though with reference to this video- Last I saw in the S-Presso brochure, the topmost models Vxi Plus do get seat belt pretensioners as standard, while it is Optional in the rest of the variants.
Old 7th February 2021, 16:33   #90

I had test driven the Maruti S-Presso, both manual and automatic variants and below are my observations.

• It's the best car for tight spaced roads and narrow streets due to the compact dimensions and small turning radius. You can literally drive this car in those 'cycle gaps'.

• The upright seating is comfortable and road view is excellent. The clutch is light, gear shifts are short and brakes were OK. The AMT is stress free. The touch screen music system was good. Rear seating is really comfortable for the elderly. Boot space is huge. The center console makes the steering look out of place and weird, but that's just my opinion.

• The throttle response was good and the car pickup is fast. However the engine noise can be heard during spirited driving. NVH levels are sub-standard. Those with OCD may not like cabin atmosphere unless some damping is done.

• Ride quality is below average. Every road undulations could be felt.

• Build quality is average and the car feels plasticky. The internal mechanicals may be able to take abuse, but the body seemed fragile.

• Also, the car looks like a plain box without the additional accessories like body cladding, spoiler and faux skid plates. These accessories are costly as well. Maruti should have provided these without any cost to make it aesthetically more pleasing from the base variant and up.

• The stock tyres are skinny. A fatter tyre upgrade would improve the road grip and aesthetics.

The overall experience was uninspiring. However it would serve its purpose as a beater/second car.
Rodo_Faita is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks