Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2022, 15:52   #136
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Presso : Official Review

S presso ownership update @ 2400 kms and 6 months

Services done - 1st and 2nd service ( 350 bucks each for some sanitization and windshield wash pouches). Picked up and dropped off at home free of charge as service center is nearby.

Overall mileage in 100% inner city use with Ac on - 13.2 km/l

Upgrades and the corresponding pics below

Upgraded MRF ZLX 185/6 R14 from delivery day itself. Soft ride and steering effort also remains the same

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-ext_tyre1.jpg

Frameless wipers ( highly recommended). the Standard ones start the screeching noise in 1 month.

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-wiper.jpg

Added MGA side door and wheel arch moldings to prevent untoward scratches and my dad goes ahead and scratches another place! ( backed up close to a no parking board and ended up kissing it). Talk about luck. Kept it as it is for now, since this is daily runner and no time now to keep it in paint shop. Also better to have a small scratch to remind us.

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-scratch.jpg

Last edited by Nanolover : 9th January 2022 at 16:15.
Nanolover is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 16:04   #137
BHPian

Interior upgrades

1. Retrimmed and rebolstered the seats with added side support and thigh support, plus diamond stitch pattern. The seats are significantly more comfortable now, only draw back is people of wider proportions end up sitting on the seat bolsters than IN the seat itself ( this is a problem for the front seats). Rear is ok. but since this is mostly for my father and average height folks in my family, it is ok. Total damage -18,000 bucks and 2 days downtime for getting these stitched.

You can also see the horn change over switch, blank Minda switches I have added and also the elegant cord floor mats ( these are a perfect fit and tailored for each model by the company)

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-int_frnt1.jpg

Rear seats and floor mats

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-rearseat.jpg

Cockpit view: Steering wheel stitched in art leather and now just the right thickness to hold, reverse sensor display on left side A pillar, added air purifier which I had brought from Japan - the white one, day/night mirror from boodmo and upgraded cabin lamp to LED)

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-int_frnt2.jpg

Trunk with MGA 3D mat

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-trynk.jpg
Nanolover is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 16:09   #138
BHPian

I am still waiting for my Spresso to be allotted to me. I had booked on 31-Oct-2021. Have messaged the Maruti showroom SA today again.
Old 9th January 2022, 16:09   #139
BHPian

Added rear stop and indicator combo LEDs ( I know, I ditched the reflectors, but this car will be city bound only with no remote chance of highway duty)

Also visible is the upgraded 4 sensor reverse parking sensor system ( Maruti one is only 2 and dad wanted an upgraded 4 sensor one)

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-rearlight1.jpg

A Word of caution. The glue quality or the fitting standard of MGA molding is horribly sub standard and has started to peel off in mine. Will need to take it to my accessory shop and get it redone with proper glue. Also the alignment of these panels in the front and rear door is not right and the workmanship is very shoddy. Maruti has the guts to charger 8000 + for these pieces of plastic and the very basic they can ensure is to get their service center folks to do a proper job of fixing this.

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-peeling-off.jpg
Nanolover is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th January 2022, 22:20   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
I am still waiting for my Spresso to be allotted to me. I had booked on 31-Oct-2021. Have messaged the Maruti showroom SA today again.
I have booked AGS VXI + on today in Chandigarh. Dealer promise me to deliver it in 10 days
Old 12th January 2022, 22:56   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman18 View Post
I have booked AGS VXI + on today in Chandigarh. Dealer promise me to deliver it in 10 days
Wow that is great. I asked 2 more dealers here today apart from the one where I have booked it and both quoted me 3 month waiting for the grey VXi+ AGS. What colour you have selected? The dealer here told me blue is immediately available which I don't want.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2022, 19:34   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raksrules View Post
Wow that is great. I asked 2 more dealers here today apart from the one where I have booked it and both quoted me 3 month waiting for the grey VXi+ AGS. What colour you have selected? The dealer here told me blue is immediately available which I don't want.
I have booked Grey colour. The dealer promise me to deliver before 26th Jan. They have Grey manual available immediately .
Old 4th February 2022, 17:12   #143
BHPian

Finally got my S-presso AGS VXI+ on Wednesday . I had booked the same on 12th Jan-22. Got installed some accessories like side cladding , Boot Chrome garnish , Wheel Cladding , Window rain visor and reverse camera ( Though it is very costly , Rs 5,000/- at dealer but to choose so no issue in warranty ). Door mats are not taken as plan to buy 7D mats from local shop. No seat cover as wife like the original seat. Also I believe that original seat to be used for at least 2-3 years.

Get the extended warranty too. Found the car very easy to drive. But mainly , purchased for my better half as she is just learn to drive and bit uneasy in driving my Car ( Dzire) .

However , noticed some cons like :

1. The doors are not closed properly with gentle push . Need to be closed with force .
2. The door are not unlocked when switch off the ignition. One need to take out the key from ignition to do it. Found it little inconvenient when going for some quick shopping when some one sitting st passenger door and you have to put some item on back seat.
3. Engine noise feels too much inside the cabine .

But overall , a nice car to drive and really a boon in crowded city like Chandigarh due to shortage of parking.

Some advice needed from BHPinas :

1. There is no sound when close or open the car with remote ( Chirrp sound). Can we fit a buzzer from market as it given indication without looking at Car that whether its locked or not.
2. Only two speaker are given . Is wiring available at rear doors to fit the speaker ?

Heres some pics of the car :

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20220204144245.jpg

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20220204144253.jpg

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20220204144259.jpg

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20220204144303.jpg

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20220204144306.jpg

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20220204144314.jpg

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20220204144342.jpg

Maruti S-Presso : Official Review-img20220204144348.jpg
sanman18 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 17:38   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Finally got my S-presso AGS VXI+ on Wednesday . I had booked the same on 12th Jan-22.
Congratulations. I had booked the same variant and color back in Oct 2021 and even after 3 months, they could not give me delivery giving me frivolous reasons (maruti not making spresso in december, mine is in demand color and I am 7th in line in the same showroom for delivery, maruti concentrating on CNG only, VXI+ AGS uses smart audio so more chips and due to chip shortage delayed for me).
I got fed up and started window shopping for other options. Also initially, I had kept my budget to as less as possible (being first car) but then while window shopping, we checked out santro and Grand i10 Nios and loved the NIOS. I even test drove it which is a huge deal since I am super not confident and last time I drove a car was 2 months back in car training school's manual car.
We even considered Wagon R ZXi for sometime but if we were going to spend 7.75L OTR, and being only car for us, we decided to go a segment above and go with the i10 nios which may or may not come in 2 months. Fingers crossed.

With regards to the speakers in rear, I have no clue if there is wiring but the accessory store will need to cut holes and then install speakers just FYI.

Last edited by raksrules : 4th February 2022 at 17:42.
raksrules is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2022, 22:31   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. There is no sound when close or open the car with remote ( Chirrp sound).

2. Only two speaker are given . Is wiring available at rear doors to fit the speaker ?
Congrats on the S-Presso

1. Have you checked the manual for the programming of the lock/unlock feature ? If not please do as it may very well be just in the silent mode.
I was surprised to see the programming options in the OEM lock/unlock on our wagonR 2016, just those 2 buttons have so many functions was quite unexpected and the system is well designed with the silent mode as well. Could either be from factory or the dealership guys trying it out. Else maybe a part of the cost cutting but I don't think so.

2. Don't think they would add the wiring and leave out the speakers but it should have placeholders so shouldn't involve much effort and hopefully no splicing. But I am just guessing here.

Last edited by shancz : 4th February 2022 at 22:33. Reason: acl
shancz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 08:40   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shancz View Post

1. Have you checked the manual for the programming of the lock/unlock feature ? If not please do as it may very well be just in the silent mode.
Nothing is there in the manual. I also pointed out to dealer while talking the delivery and they informed that it not comes with buzzer and I have to fit it from market. Very poor cost cutting by Maruti. It hardly cost 200-300 bricks but such a important feature .
sanman18 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th February 2022, 09:18   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Nothing is there in the manual. I also pointed out to dealer while talking the delivery and they informed that it not comes with buzzer and I have to fit it from market. Very poor cost cutting by Maruti. It hardly cost 200-300 bricks but such a important feature .
I am sure there is no buzz. I had asked this on few Spresso Facebook groups. So you need to check aftermarket shops.
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th February 2022, 13:25   #148
BHPian

Test rode the S-Presso VXI manual today. There's a common phenomenon on both which I have also noticed in our Maruti 800. When shifting from 2nd to 3rd, the clutch release is a bit jerky. There's a bit of momentary lag when you release the clutch and let go.

Ofcourse full clutch is still required on both the cars since time immemorial for shifts. Also, the Electric Power steering on S-Presso felt it lacks rider feedback most times on turns and when you try to keep it fixated on a free straight patch of road.

Not sure if anyone else has noticed these as well.
Old 26th February 2022, 19:36   #149
BHPian

Has Spresso CNG become new darling of the taxi operators? In last month, I have seen so many White SPresso CNG Taxis in Mumbai with yellow number plate.
Even the maruti sales associate had told me maruti is concentrating on churning out more CNG variants of SPresso when I was asking for delivery of my car (which I have cancelled anyways now).
raksrules is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2022, 14:01   #150
BHPian

I have an S-Presso AGS VXI, granite black purchased in Feb 2020. Till date the car has run 18000 km.
Our family is in love with the car. So much so, that there is a cut throat competitive booking for who gets to take the car for the day. I guess that's because of ease of driving the cute thing in the city.

So, we bought another S-Presso for my FIL at Pune a few months later in July 2020. That car has run only 4000km, including a long drive from Pune to Hyd.

Observations:

The older car (18k km) has returned a mileage of 13.7 km. It is strictly city driven.
Two of the four side claddings over the wheel arches have fallen off and replacement single pieces are not available.
It has earned its share of minor scratches.
The horn is moody.
Recently (200 km ago), I have observed that while negotiating a slope, there is a shudder. Obviously, no one else in the family has observed this. This shudder takes place just prior to upshifting. I have repeated that scenario multiple times to home on to the cause of the shudder. I felt it should be a clutch setting issue. Took it to Acer Motors Trimulgherry. The Service Advisor told me that the clutch assembly needs to be replaced. I've had a previous experience with Acer with a Celerio AMT of a misbehaving gearbox and I was told by Acer Motors that clutch, pressure pad and release bearing needs to be replaced (Rs12k). While I had reluctantly agreed then, it emerged after the clutch was replaced that the removed clutch had not worn out at all.
Armed with that past experience, I refused the clutch replacement. When a clutch is worn out, the symptoms are very different. I'm still grappling with the unresolved issue. My family members are blissfully unaware of any shudder
I intend to take down the gearbox with my roadside mechanic and see if the play between the clutch and pressure plate are fine or if the clutch springs and the springs on the pressure plate are ok.

The younger car at 4000 km , is "tight", returned a mileage of 14.9 kmpl so far. It has no driving flaws at all.
I thus get a good opportunity to keep comparing the young and the old.

Wonder if any of our other S-Presso Automatic owners are facing similar issues. I had enquired earlier that the first gen Celerio Automatic users were facing gearbox issues in the past.
ColAjayDrives is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks