Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2020, 11:30   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagolf View Post
Hi,

We bought the Vitara Brezza LXI last month and it is satisfying most of our requirements perfectly. However there is one glaring omission in the LXI variant - rear seat headrests. Before purchasing the vehicle, I had looked for solutions to fix this omission and I could arrive at the following 2 options -
Bodyshop and welding option is better and safe too. Just the chaps doing it should be aware what they are doing.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 17:13   #167

Quote:
Hi,

We bought the Vitara Brezza LXI ... a workshop which specializes in interior bodywork. I visited them and they explained that they will order the headrests and respective assembly parts through MGP. They'll open the backrest, remove the foam and then weld the headrest assembly on the metal frame and put everything back. The entire work would be completed within 2-3 hours. In their opinion the finish would be exactly similar to OEM level. The quote they have given is Rs 2,400.
We got this work done last week. It didn't take more than an hour and the finish is as good as OEM level.

Name:  Selection_004.png
Views: 9077
Size:  140.1 KB

Name:  vxi_back_seat.png
Views: 9000
Size:  141.0 KB

The components highlighted in red are missing in the backrest frame of LXI. They are basically hollow tubes of height ~2 inches that support the headrest guide. These 4 parts were cut from a box tube and welded to the frame by the workshop folks.

Parts 1, 8 and 9 from the oriparts diagram need to be ordered one for each headrest. This is how it looks eventually -

2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20201121_152321.jpg

All the way down

2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20201121_152106.jpg

All the way up

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the work done and an important safety feature is now added to our car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Can you share the contact details of the workshop. I might be needing them for xuv300 headrest
You can contact Mr Lalit on +919764259124. They are located in Pune though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Bodyshop and welding option is better and safe too. Just the chaps doing it should be aware what they are doing.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks Shashi. The folks are quite experienced in interior overhauls and have worked on everything from Plymouths, Hudsons to most modern cars. They also do vintage/classic car restorations.

Regards,
AG
alphagolf is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 21:35   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks didn't realize my profile still says Delhi, moved to Pune 3 years back.

Work done by them looks impressive

Last edited by BlackPearl : 9th December 2020 at 19:48. Reason: Broken quotes. Thanks.
Old 18th December 2020, 18:10   #169

Went to a Maruti Dealer to enquire about the Brezza ZXi variant. While getting the details, I learnt that the facelift does not have its own navigation system and we have to depend on our phones only (after pairing it). I also learnt that the SD card based maps etc are no more available.

Elsewhere in the forum, a fellow bhpian had mentioned that Duster's navigation system, though archaic, helped him out with routes, since the cellphone did not have the towers. As such, I feel car's own navigation system is a must.

Are the navigation gadgets such as Garmin etc reliable? Are maps updated there? Which is the optimum solution? I feel it is unnecessary to purchase another gadget, but there appears to be no other solution. Can seniors guide me? Thanks.
Old 18th December 2020, 22:45   #170
BHPian

Quote:

Is he located at Ambegaon ? If he's the guy then Chowgule Industries consults him for any seat related issues.

I recently got in-warranty replacement of my Brezza's Driver seat back, replaced by him.
Old 19th December 2020, 01:50   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petropolitan View Post

Are the navigation gadgets such as Garmin etc reliable? Are maps updated there? Which is the optimum solution? I feel it is unnecessary to purchase another gadget, but there appears to be no other solution. Can seniors guide me? Thanks.
You could install navimaps apps by map my india on your phone as backup. It works offline and has updated maps.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 07:57   #172
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petropolitan View Post
Elsewhere in the forum, a fellow bhpian had mentioned that Duster's navigation system, though archaic, helped him out with routes, since the cellphone did not have the towers. As such, I feel car's own navigation system is a must.
Why not use the offline mode on Google maps?

You could even download the area before trip on 2 phones if you are worried about being dependent on a single phone.
Dry Ice is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2021, 08:37   #173
BHPian

very informative threads. Does anyone feel that the petrol 1.5, while being a beautiful engine, deserves a 6th gear? Maruti should really change their transmission. In a car like Brezza or for that matter, XL6 & S-Cross, a 6th gear would really improve driving comfort and economy.
HONESTabdul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 18:03   #174
BHPian

Absolutely. Well said. My experience with the diesel Swift Amt has been nothing short of great. What I've learned: for the first few weeks, I kept checking the MID observing at which rpm each gear shift was happening on different terrains or flats or slopes etc. Once that was done. I moved to Manual mode. Voila. It's a world of difference. Jsut get your car till about 1800 to 2000 revs and give a slight push downward on the gear lever. The shift is flawless. I don't know what the rev band is for petrol cars. But that's the learning curve which is completely necessary. I've booked myself an AMT kiger thinking on the same principle. So it's true that we as users of AMT will need a little bit of flexibility to driving when it comes to AMT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by k.sumit View Post
No its not and I've driven a TC and now own a face lift Nexon AMT.
BobbypinsGuy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 21:39   #175
BHPian

Lockdown DIY. Door Vinyl Wrap.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-save_20210503_213606.jpg  

h.s.r is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2021, 22:31   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.s.r View Post
Lockdown DIY.
That is one clean DIY wrap you have done h.s.r.

Please share the source of material if available (amazon link etc.).
Old 5th May 2021, 14:44   #177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
That is one clean DIY wrap you have done h.s.r.

Please share the source of material if available (amazon link etc.).
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B08...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here's link, but quality is not as expected.
Not stretchable & too thin, adhesive is not good.
I dont know how long it would last.
This is only for flat surfaces, even if you apply heat vinyl wouldn't stretch.
I would advise got for better quality and material.
h.s.r is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 16:58   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
very informative threads. Does anyone feel that the petrol 1.5, while being a beautiful engine, deserves a 6th gear? Maruti should really change their transmission. In a car like Brezza or for that matter, XL6 & S-Cross, a 6th gear would really improve driving comfort and economy.
Yes, for the segment it belongs to, price it commands and in the interest of economy, Brezza definitely deserves a sixth gear.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 22:34   #179
BHPian

Hello everyone, is there any fix for the real parcel tray rattles? The real peace tray is designed in such a way that we can access boot from the cabin by lifting up the parcel tray but this design results in lot of rattles from the front of parcel tray.
Old 31st May 2021, 08:40   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Hello everyone, is there any fix for the real parcel tray rattles?
Try sticking some double tape in the area below the parcel tray. You may not use both side adhesive surfaces of the tape.

You can also use any other material for damping the impact such as rubber. The parcel tray rattles because of repeated vibrations causing the parcel tray to repeatedly strike with the plastic part below.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks