Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 20th November 2020, 11:30   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagolf View Post
Hi,

We bought the Vitara Brezza LXI last month and it is satisfying most of our requirements perfectly. However there is one glaring omission in the LXI variant - rear seat headrests. Before purchasing the vehicle, I had looked for solutions to fix this omission and I could arrive at the following 2 options -
Bodyshop and welding option is better and safe too. Just the chaps doing it should be aware what they are doing.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 17:13   #167

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagolf View Post
Hi,

We bought the Vitara Brezza LXI ... a workshop which specializes in interior bodywork. I visited them and they explained that they will order the headrests and respective assembly parts through MGP. They'll open the backrest, remove the foam and then weld the headrest assembly on the metal frame and put everything back. The entire work would be completed within 2-3 hours. In their opinion the finish would be exactly similar to OEM level. The quote they have given is Rs 2,400.
We got this work done last week. It didn't take more than an hour and the finish is as good as OEM level.

Name:  Selection_004.png
Views: 543
Size:  140.1 KB

Name:  vxi_back_seat.png
Views: 539
Size:  141.0 KB

The components highlighted in red are missing in the backrest frame of LXI. They are basically hollow tubes of height ~2 inches that support the headrest guide. These 4 parts were cut from a box tube and welded to the frame by the workshop folks.

Parts 1, 8 and 9 from the oriparts diagram need to be ordered one for each headrest. This is how it looks eventually -

2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20201121_152321.jpg

All the way down

2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20201121_152106.jpg

All the way up

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the work done and an important safety feature is now added to our car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashant View Post
Can you share the contact details of the workshop. I might be needing them for xuv300 headrest
You can contact Mr Lalit on +919764259124. They are located in Pune though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Bodyshop and welding option is better and safe too. Just the chaps doing it should be aware what they are doing.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks Shashi. The folks are quite experienced in interior overhauls and have worked on everything from Plymouths, Hudsons to most modern cars. They also do vintage/classic car restorations.

Regards,
AG
alphagolf is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 21:35   #168
BHPian

You can contact Mr Lalit on +919764259124. They are located in Pune though.
[/quote]

Thanks didn't realize my profile still says Delhi, moved to Pune 3 years back.

Work done by them looks impressive

Most Viewed