Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2020, 09:44   #91
BHPian

Re: 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Superior based on only driveability?
I mentioned driveability because that was the highlight of both these engines.
And I wanted to know the overall opinion, which you just cleared it out that the dragon engine has a better top end than the brezza's.
ank.nsit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 15:09   #92
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Receives 25,000 Bookings For The Vitara Brezza

Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director - Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, said, We have had 25000 bookings for the Brezza so far and In the short period of time from when the Brezza was launched and the lockdown began, and in that short period of time we have been able to get a very good response for the car. And going forward we are very confident about the Brezza of course.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/coro...brezza-2229748
Old 16th May 2020, 16:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

Maruti receives 25,000 bookings for Vitara Brezza facelift

According to a media report, Maruti Suzuki has already received 25,000 bookings for the Vitara Brezza facelift.

2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-marutivitarabrezzapetrol1.jpg

The updated Vitara Brezza was launched in February, this year. It comes with a new chrome grille that is flanked by twin-pod projector headlights and LED daytime running lights as well as LED tail lights. The dual-tone front bumper houses circular fog lamps and has a silver insert. The Vitara Brezza also gets new dual-tone alloy wheels.

On the inside, the new Vitara Brezza comes with a leather-wrapped steering wheel and an updated Smartplay Studio touchscreen infotainment head-unit.

The Vitara Brezza is powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine, which makes 104 BHP and 138 Nm and comes paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. The 1.5-litre petrol engine with mild-hybrid technology is available with the 4-speed automatic transmission only.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 16th May 2020 at 16:57.
TusharK is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 16:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Safety features such as the Suzuki TECT body structure, dual airbags, ABS + EBD, seatbelt pre-tensioners with load limiters, ISOFIX child seat anchors and reverse parking sensors are standard across the range. Maruti claims full frontal impact compliance, front offset impact compliance, side-impact compliance and also pedestrian impact compliance as required within the ambit of the Indian government's regulations. In fact, the Vitara Brezza is also the only car from the Maruti-Suzuki stable to be rated 4-stars by the Global NCAP. Automatic variants also get hill-hold. Why no ESP on the automatic variants at least, Maruti? When the same is present in cars like the Ciaz and XL6??!!

First of all, many many thanks for a very great and painstakingly detailed review.

Just a few queries:

Has the Petrol Brezza been tested by Global NCAP ? If so are what was the results?

Is Maruti using same body shell and structure as the 4 Star Rated diesel model for petrol Brezza also ?

In that case can we assume that the 4 star rating will hold for brezza also ? (Probably making it the safest in the maruti stable)
Old 16th May 2020, 19:10   #95
BHPian

Re: Maruti receives 25,000 bookings for Vitara Brezza facelift

I would guess majority of these 25K bookings would be pre-lockdown. This Year would be the worst for all auto companies.
Old 19th May 2020, 14:10   #96
BHPian

I was "fortunate" to have a TD with her recently, and while I know she has raked in some shattering numbers on the charts, I for one found the quality to be pretty shoddy.

The dead pedal for example was inclined too high, it seemed more like an exercise to rest my foot on it. The under thigh support was totally missing and it was rather uncomfortable to be seated there even for the duration of TD, even after moving around for a bit, I just couldn't find a comfortable driving position, and the dull interiors and "very" hard plastics did nothing to improve the overall experience.

The engine seemed peppy though in the manual guise, but I really couldn't understand why they couldn't add the same MID from the Ciaz into the Brezza, in lieu of the rather vanilla one it gets, given that they have the same technology and are even priced in the same ball park.

Last edited by armaan_singh : 19th May 2020 at 14:11.
armaan_singh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2020, 22:50   #97
BANNED

Soon, Brezza manual variants will also get mild hybrid(SHVS) technology. - Link
wheelguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2020, 23:17   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Just a few queries:

Has the Petrol Brezza been tested by Global NCAP ? If so are what was the results?

Is Maruti using same body shell and structure as the 4 Star Rated diesel model for petrol Brezza also ?

In that case can we assume that the 4 star rating will hold for brezza also ? (Probably making it the safest in the maruti stable)
Bumping up this thread. A Colleague of mine had asked for opinion regarding the New Petrol Brezza (Gift for his daughter's marriage)

He is tied between Hyundai Venue/Brezza and NCAP ratings for both seem to be unavailable.
Voodooblaster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 17:37   #99
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodooblaster View Post
Bumping up this thread. A Colleague of mine had asked for opinion regarding the New Petrol Brezza (Gift for his daughter's marriage)

He is tied between Hyundai Venue/Brezza and NCAP ratings for both seem to be unavailable.
Well I'm in the same boat as your friend, confused between Brezza and Venue 1.0 petrol. But I think I'll go with Brezza as I feel Brezza's engine is more reliable and also much more refined than that of Venue's.
My last experience with Hyundai was less than perfect, with steering rattles plaguing my I20 from day 1 of ownership. The new thread on Team-BHP homepage further made me tilt towards Brezza.

Just waiting for Maruti to start giving out some discounts, maybe after Toyota launches it's rebadged Brezza.
midazolam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 20:18   #100
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post

Well I'm in the same boat as your friend, confused between Brezza and Venue 1.0 petrol. But I think I'll go with Brezza as I feel Brezza's engine is more reliable and also much more refined than that of Venue's.
The fact that Toyota is willing to lend its logo to Brezza is a testimony to quality of Brezza. World's largest and most reliable car company would not want to see its image taking a beating by appending its logo on a shoddy car.

I don't know about manual but in automatic variant, I would pick Brezza AT because even if it's an old-school 4-speed AT, it is a tried and tested unit and will be mighty reliable, coupled with smoothness of 4-cylinder NA engine. The hybrid system is icing on the cake which aids FE.
pgsagar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 23:00   #101
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
The fact that Toyota is willing to lend its logo to Brezza is a testimony to quality of Brezza. World's largest and most reliable car company would not want to see its image taking a beating by appending its logo on a shoddy car.

I don't know about manual but in automatic variant, I would pick Brezza AT because even if it's an old-school 4-speed AT, it is a tried and tested unit and will be mighty reliable, coupled with smoothness of 4-cylinder NA engine. The hybrid system is icing on the cake which aids FE.
I disagree with this statement. It's come to a point where Toyota simply doesn't care anymore about what or how they badge engineer cars. If the Brezza is really a quality product, then why didn't Toyota ditch the tinny Baleno? Why did they badge engineer that car? They are just leveraging Maruti's potential in the lower segments and no they don't care about quality else they wouldn't have partnered with them in the first place.

As for the automatic, yes the Brezza is a lot better than the jerky AMTs though it's only a four speed gearbox at the end of the day, but the Ecosport is also another credible option in my opinion though I do agree it's priced higher. The hybrid system isn't a true Hybrid, so I won't expect huge gains in terms of FE. The best it will do is shut the engine off when the car is stationery for long and most of the FE gains come from this aspect.

Last edited by vishy76 : 16th June 2020 at 23:01.
vishy76 is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 16th June 2020, 23:48   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I disagree with this statement. It's come to a point where Toyota simply doesn't care anymore about what or how they badge engineer cars. If the Brezza is really a quality product, then why didn't Toyota ditch the tinny Baleno? Why did they badge engineer that car? They are just leveraging Maruti's potential in the lower segments and no they don't care about quality else they wouldn't have partnered with them in the first place.

As for the automatic, yes the Brezza is a lot better than the jerky AMTs though it's only a four speed gearbox at the end of the day, but the Ecosport is also another credible option in my opinion though I do agree it's priced higher. The hybrid system isn't a true Hybrid, so I won't expect huge gains in terms of FE. The best it will do is shut the engine off when the car is stationery for long and most of the FE gains come from this aspect.
You are not wrong about Toyota. Not just Toyota. Honda, too. These two have stopped caring for Indian market and have gotten very lazy. It is futile to expect any new car from them in near future. But that doesn't mean Toyota would badge-engineer just about any car. Unless it has certain faith in Maruti cars, it wouldn't. You can't fault Brezza for what it offers at a price point it offers. My comparison was with Venue. Not a 25 lakh or 30 lakh SUV. As for Baleno being tinny. Please look up on these pages where they say sheet-metal thickness does not mean a safe car. I think cars are getting lighter and lighter. Sure, aluminium can be used, too, but at the price of a Baleno, can we expect? As for tinny Marutis, this statement is beaten to death on every youtube video comment section about Marutis. It's almost like a troll army is hard at work to discredit Maruti cars. I am neither a fanboy of Maruti nor a detractor. But, Maruti cars are very, reliable, durable and offer fuss-free ownership others can't match. BTW, if Maruti is tinny, is Venue built like a tank?
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th June 2020, 00:00   #103
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
You are not wrong about Toyota. Not just Toyota. Honda, too. These two have stopped caring for Indian market and have gotten very lazy. It is futile to expect any new car from them in near future. But that doesn't mean Toyota would badge-engineer just about any car. Unless it has certain faith in Maruti cars, it wouldn't. You can't fault Brezza for what it offers at a price point it offers. My comparison was with Venue. Not a 25 lakh or 30 lakh SUV. As for Baleno being tinny. Please look up on these pages where they say sheet-metal thickness does not mean a safe car. I think cars are getting lighter and lighter. Sure, aluminium can be used, too, but at the price of a Baleno, can we expect? As for tinny Marutis, this statement is beaten to death on every Youtube video comment section about Marutis. It's almost like a troll army is hard at work to discredit Maruti cars. I am neither a fanboy of Maruti nor a detractor. But, Maruti cars are very, reliable, durable and offer fuss-free ownership others can't match. BTW, if Maruti is tinny, is Venue built like a tank?
The platform on which the Baleno has been based has failed crash tests in almost all iterations. I won't mind the Global NCAP testing it but I am quite sure it's obvious what the result will be.

As for Marutis being durable and fuss free I will agree completely to your statement. My point is that Toyota has not partnered with Maruti because their so called quality is commendable as you have stated in the case of the Brezza. It's simply for the sake of doing business and penetrating lower segments.
vishy76 is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2020, 00:00   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
The platform on which the Baleno has been based has failed crash tests in almost all iterations. I won't mind the Global NCAP testing it but I am quite sure it's obvious what the result will be.
This is not to advocate for Maruti but I'm curious to know why you mentioned "failed". What are the pass-fail criteria? India spec Swift received 2 stars in GNCAP tests and Africa spec Ignis 3 stars. My guess is that Baleno would also fare like Ignis. All three are based on the Heartect platform.
k_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 16:05   #105
Senior - BHPian

Vitara Brezza includes wireless charging as official accessory for the first time in a Maruti Suzuki vehicle.

It offers fast-charging up to 15W and has a tri-coil design, which increases the charging efficiency. The cost of the charging pad is Rs. 3,590, and the installation wire costs an additional Rs. 410, thus bringing the entire cost to Rs. 4,000.

2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-smartselect_20200703160448_chrome.jpg

https://gaadiwaadi.com/wireless-mobi...-just-rs-3590/
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed