Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 1st May 2020, 09:44   #91
BHPian

Default Re: 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Superior based on only driveability?
I mentioned driveability because that was the highlight of both these engines.
And I wanted to know the overall opinion, which you just cleared it out that the dragon engine has a better top end than the brezza's.
ank.nsit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2020, 15:09   #92
BHPian

Maruti Suzuki Receives 25,000 Bookings For The Vitara Brezza

Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director - Marketing & Sales, Maruti Suzuki India, said, We have had 25000 bookings for the Brezza so far and In the short period of time from when the Brezza was launched and the lockdown began, and in that short period of time we have been able to get a very good response for the car. And going forward we are very confident about the Brezza of course.

https://www.carandbike.com/news/coro...brezza-2229748
Old 16th May 2020, 16:54   #93
Senior - BHPian

Default Maruti receives 25,000 bookings for Vitara Brezza facelift

According to a media report, Maruti Suzuki has already received 25,000 bookings for the Vitara Brezza facelift.

2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-marutivitarabrezzapetrol1.jpg

The updated Vitara Brezza was launched in February, this year. It comes with a new chrome grille that is flanked by twin-pod projector headlights and LED daytime running lights as well as LED tail lights. The dual-tone front bumper houses circular fog lamps and has a silver insert. The Vitara Brezza also gets new dual-tone alloy wheels.

On the inside, the new Vitara Brezza comes with a leather-wrapped steering wheel and an updated Smartplay Studio touchscreen infotainment head-unit.

The Vitara Brezza is powered by a BS6-compliant 1.5-litre petrol engine, which makes 104 BHP and 138 Nm and comes paired with a 5-speed manual transmission. The 1.5-litre petrol engine with mild-hybrid technology is available with the 4-speed automatic transmission only.

Source

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 16th May 2020 at 16:57.
Old 16th May 2020, 16:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Safety features such as the Suzuki TECT body structure, dual airbags, ABS + EBD, seatbelt pre-tensioners with load limiters, ISOFIX child seat anchors and reverse parking sensors are standard across the range. Maruti claims full frontal impact compliance, front offset impact compliance, side-impact compliance and also pedestrian impact compliance as required within the ambit of the Indian government's regulations. In fact, the Vitara Brezza is also the only car from the Maruti-Suzuki stable to be rated 4-stars by the Global NCAP. Automatic variants also get hill-hold. Why no ESP on the automatic variants at least, Maruti? When the same is present in cars like the Ciaz and XL6??!!

First of all, many many thanks for a very great and painstakingly detailed review.

Just a few queries:

Has the Petrol Brezza been tested by Global NCAP ? If so are what was the results?

Is Maruti using same body shell and structure as the 4 Star Rated diesel model for petrol Brezza also ?

In that case can we assume that the 4 star rating will hold for brezza also ? (Probably making it the safest in the maruti stable)
Old 16th May 2020, 19:10   #95
BHPian

Default Re: Maruti receives 25,000 bookings for Vitara Brezza facelift

I would guess majority of these 25K bookings would be pre-lockdown. This Year would be the worst for all auto companies.
Old 19th May 2020, 14:10   #96
BHPian

I was "fortunate" to have a TD with her recently, and while I know she has raked in some shattering numbers on the charts, I for one found the quality to be pretty shoddy.

The dead pedal for example was inclined too high, it seemed more like an exercise to rest my foot on it. The under thigh support was totally missing and it was rather uncomfortable to be seated there even for the duration of TD, even after moving around for a bit, I just couldn't find a comfortable driving position, and the dull interiors and "very" hard plastics did nothing to improve the overall experience.

The engine seemed peppy though in the manual guise, but I really couldn't understand why they couldn't add the same MID from the Ciaz into the Brezza, in lieu of the rather vanilla one it gets, given that they have the same technology and are even priced in the same ball park.

Last edited by armaan_singh : 19th May 2020 at 14:11.
armaan_singh is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed