Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2020, 15:51   #136
BHPian

Re: 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
It's simple green tinted glass which even AC version of Maruti 800 got. Baleno has UV cut glass, which no other Maruti gets.

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks, this feature is specifically called out in the brochure and hence the question.
Old 6th October 2020, 11:20   #137
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Vitara Brezza crossed the 5.5 lakh sales milestone.

Quote:
Since its launch, Vitara Brezza has dominated the compact SUV segment. As a trendsetter, it clicked with the passion of the SUV buyer, with its bold design language, powerful performance and sporty character," Shashank Srivastava, Executive Director (Marketing and Sales) at Maruti Suzuki India Limited, said.
https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...960523514.html
Old 9th October 2020, 09:42   #138
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

What are the real-life FE figures for the Brezza's 1.5L petrol engine ?

A friend is in a quandary since the family is very concerned about FE numbers and they've apparently heard from their friends that's it quite bad.
Old 11th October 2020, 03:05   #139
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
What are the real-life FE figures for the Brezza's 1.5L petrol engine ?

A friend is in a quandary since the family is very concerned about FE numbers and they've apparently heard from their friends that's it quite bad.
I am constantly seeing an FE of 14-15 KM in Hyderabad City and 16-17 on highways, Do note that I have a Brezza ZXI+ (Manual) brought in July 2020,I have also updated the mileage figures in previous posts on this thread.

FE also depends on the driving style and experience, It varies from person to person as extensive use of clutch and incorrect gearing during drive (most commonly seen in new drivers) will reduce FE in Manual Transmission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit_chat2006 View Post
Last month, I have bought myself a Venue SX 1.5 Diesel MT for exactly INR 936/- additional. This is after ZERO discounts.
I know I does not come with LED headlamps and all, but honestly, I'm not a big fan of LED headlamps anyways.
Congratulations on your new Acquisition, Its a good choice as you went in for the Diesel version,

I was very specific on a Petrol vehicle and felt that the high seating position & interior seating and space was better in the Brezza.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arijit_chat2006 View Post
Even after some years have passed, I still quite like the Brezza's boxy looks. Quite proportionate IMHO.

Maruti spoiled it for me by discontinuing the diesel engines, and just plonking in the K15B petrol. I somehow cannot digest this fact and swayed away from it when I was looking to make a car purchase in this segment a couple of months back.

Having praised its looks and all, something needs to be done about the hideous grill, if you ask me.
Honestly MS cannot offer the 1.6L diesel as the price will be very high after converting it to BS6 due to royalties involved and the Fiat 1.3L India Engine is almost EOL,MS doesn't have an Inhouse Diesel Engine hence they went ahead to be a Petrol / CNG only vendor.

80% of MS's customers are like me who need a car for their daily ride within city (50KM max per day) and occasional weekend trips.

A petrol makes more sense in such scenarios as the price difference between petrol & diesel is not more than 5-7 rupees now versus almost 20-25 rupees a few years ago.

The inital cost of acquiring a diesel car plus the additional cost of oils/spares/labour during service intervals makes it an expensive affair versus a petrol (this is purely based on my experience of using a Chevy Beat Diesel for 8 years & 85k KM).

The Brezza is one of the most modified cars in India you have a choice of Aftermarket Grills from
Jeep Compass,Land Rover, Range Rover & even the new Urban Cruisers Grill will be out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Maruti Vitara Brezza crossed the 5.5 lakh sales milestone.

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...960523514.html
MS will think of a Brezza Replacement once it Crosses 10L mark Jokes apart the
Brezza is from the Heavier C platform and only MS car to score 4 star in GNCAP.

All other MS cars are from the Hearttech platform.

I was in the impression that the new SCross is from the C platform too but its a part of Hearttech platform as per MS website.

Last edited by BlackPearl : 11th October 2020 at 06:53. Reason: Merged back to back posts. Thanks
arcotsrinivas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th October 2020, 18:15   #140
BHPian

https://www.business-standard.com/ar...XH1gBH0ISQAmRg

Maruti Suzuki seems to be very late in competing with all the latest cars being launched w.r.t. engine, features and style. I would not be surprised at all if there overall market share which is around 50% right now falls down to 40-42 % by 2023.
Old 27th October 2020, 14:55   #141

Note: I have pasted this review from older brezza forum. Here goes: I have been an avid reader of this forum since a long while and recently took up membership as for my first post, I wanted to put up a long one about my purchase experience of a brezza zxi+ dual tone on 17.10.20 from Sai Service,Chicalim Goa. The purchase experience and how I ended up choosing the Vitara Brezza over the Venue, then seltos and then the Creta 2020 was a long tell in itself. But that is now for some other time as one week in and I have already been through an horrifying ordeal at the ASC. Imagine the horror I felt when cleaning the vehicle on Dussehra 25.10.20 to find tyre bulges on all tyre sidewalls (including the spare wheel) with vehicle run for 250 km. As it was holiday, took the vehicle to ASC next day, where upon checking other vehicles with and without similar MRF Wanderer tyres no other vehicles were having the same issue. The problems started after the workshop manager flatly refused to acknowledge any issue, saying its a normal characteristic and that "all MRF tyres have bulges on the side walls where the joints are located".

Had to call up Maruti Service manager Mr Akhil Mahajan from Mumbai Office who again repeated what the workshop manager insisted. I finally received an acknowledgement on paper that indeed some undulations have been observed, only after I contacted Mr Sanjay Wali, CEO Sai Service, with Mr Yusuf informing me that he has lost his patience with me. This went on till 20:00 hrs so you all can only imagine the stress I had to face. My only issue is why they are so reluctant to acknowledge an issue in a brand new vehicle? and how could they so callously provide defective tyres to me without any care for the safety of my family? Because surely this should have been seen during PDI. I went against family and friends wishes when going for a premium maruti because I was warned of the neglect towards safety by Maruti, though after reading posts here I felt it would be a safe bet. But I think customer apathy is ingrained at Maruti and has lead to this criminal act of them selling me the vehicle with defective tyres. This has been an eye opener for me and I would like to bring it to the notice of all fellow bhpians too. What scares me is that had I not thoroughly cleaned my tyre it might have been too late
Update: sent mail to Maruti in the morning. They arranged for inspection by MRF during which it was confirmed that the bulges are indeed present, but imagine my surprise when they too are trying to convince me that it is OK and not an issue. Spoke to the sales GM who tells me its now entirely the lookout of the service team (7 day old car). What should I do? Should I approach the consumer forum? It is quite clear that I was given defective vehicle by Maruti.
Silmaril is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2020, 17:07   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmaril View Post
It is quite clear that I was given defective vehicle by Maruti.
That’s an extremely painful read, and more so since it’s a 7 day old vehicle.

I never liked Sai Service in Goa, as in my opinion (and experience), they lack respect for customers & customer vehicles when compared to Chowgule Industries.

Is this your first car purchase/first Suzuki car purchase?

Did you do your own PDI before purchase?

Coming to the actual issue itself, they are least bothered because it’s the tyres & not really their machine, as such, which is at fault. Still, they should go out of their way to please you since the vehicle is still barely a week old.

My advice would be, start with visiting another ASC. Maybe their Verna branch (opposite PCC), or even to Chowgule’s at Fatorda as in my experience, they are much more receptive to customers.

Again, this is unacceptable, but focus your angst on the tyre manufacturer rather than the ASC as ultimately, in my opinion, MRF (and not Suzuki) will approve/reject the warranty claim.
Old 27th October 2020, 19:45   #143
BHPian

Silmaril,
pls use social media to spread the pictures and call out the safety issue. Do NOT do any high speed drives with such tyres. Escalate to Maruti & MRF on all forums. They should not take this incident for granted as this issue might be affecting many other cars too for the tyres from the same batch and rarely does one do a full tyre inspection before taking the car for a spin.
Old 27th October 2020, 23:48   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post

Is this your first car purchase/first Suzuki car purchase?
No. Already have a spare alto, had Vento earlier which was replaced by the Brezza.

Quote:
Did you do your own PDI before purchase?

Not extensively; obviously missed out on tyre side walls, checked the treads though.

Quote:
My advice would be, start with visiting another ASC. Maybe their Verna branch (opposite PCC), or even to Chowgule’s at Fatorda as in my experience, they are much more receptive to customers.

But will other ASCs accept my issue?

Quote:
Again, this is unacceptable, but focus your angst on the tyre manufacturer rather than the ASC as ultimately, in my opinion, MRF (and not Suzuki) will approve/reject the warranty claim.

I spoke with ex MRF employee who called up some MRF corporates who say "Tyre has been supplied by MRF to Maruti and MRF in no way will handle the customer directly", so I guess my only option is to fight it out with Maruti. By the way when i showed the tyre to any other tyre dealer they say its faulty, except for the MRF people who inspected the vehicle today and claim that its normal and whose report maruti are now using to shut me up. I am totally lost now.
Old 28th October 2020, 05:35   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silmaril View Post
But will other ASCs accept my issue?

By the way when i showed the tyre to any other tyre dealer they say its faulty, except for the MRF people who inspected the vehicle today and claim that its normal and whose report maruti are now using to shut me up. I am totally lost now.
It’s incredible that you’re made to run around in circles for something which looks (?) like a manufacturing defect.

Hopefully, other ASCs are more receptive to your problem and then don’t pass the buck/sweep the matter under the carpet like sai service.

If Chowgule’s (try Vasco first) aren’t willing to process the warranty claim too, then it’s time to let them know that you will be going to the courts.
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:42   #146
BHPian

Hello everyone, just wanted to ask a question. What's the engine rpm in Brezza petrol just after switching on the ignition? I've noticed it stays at around 1500 rpm for about 10-15 seconds, then comes down to 800-900 mark. Is it a normal behaviour of this engine?
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:45   #147
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Hello everyone, just wanted to ask a question. What's the engine rpm in Brezza petrol just after switching on the ignition? I've noticed it stays at around 1500 rpm for about 10-15 seconds, then comes down to 800-900 mark. Is it a normal behaviour of this engine?
Yes, happens in my XL6 too, same engine.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 22:50   #148
Senior - BHPian

Same in S-Cross 1.5 petrol as well. RPM at start is 1500 and then it settles down. As I am used to 1.3 Fiat diesels, this caught my attention during the first 2-3 times.
PaddleShifter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 23:18   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Yes, happens in my XL6 too, same engine.

Regards,
Shashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Same in S-Cross 1.5 petrol as well. RPM at start is 1500 and then it settles down. As I am used to 1.3 Fiat diesels, this caught my attention during the first 2-3 times.
Thank you for the reply.
Should we wait for it to settle down before engaging gear and moving or it does not matter?
Old 3rd November 2020, 23:24   #150
Senior - BHPian

Idling for 20-25 seconds in the morning doesn't hurt even if the user manual says its not required (Fiat manual explicitly said its not required). I am keeping my habit of idling for 20-25 seconds in the morning and 10-15 seconds before shut down (usually the start-stop system prevents me in doing so before shut down).

P.S.- Interesting handle. Are you a psychiatrist?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks