Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2020, 10:03   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoosetoCruze View Post
It’s incredible that you’re made to run around in circles for something which looks (?) like a manufacturing defect.

Hopefully, other ASCs are more receptive to your problem and then don’t pass the buck/sweep the matter under the carpet like sai service.

If Chowgule’s (try Vasco first) aren’t willing to process the warranty claim too, then it’s time to let them know that you will be going to the courts.
Hi guys thankfully I've been provided replacement for my tyres by Sai Service. Please note that Maruti had already closed off my complaint (Job sheet) citing Ok report from MRF. But I met with the CEO, Sai Service and requested him personally and I am really glad he heard me out, himself checked the wheels and got me the replacement. Really great chap (must be in late 50s) and it feels like a huge load lifted off my head. Thanks for the support BHPians. Happy motoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Hello everyone, just wanted to ask a question. What's the engine rpm in Brezza petrol just after switching on the ignition? I've noticed it stays at around 1500 rpm for about 10-15 seconds, then comes down to 800-900 mark. Is it a normal behaviour of this engine?
Yes I've noticed it too. Although mine is new, the engine RPM on cold start shoots up to 2k. I've strictly told brother to wait for the needle to rest below 1k RPM before slotting into gear. Still the same has been felt in my Alto (without the tacho), but never bothered to wait it out. I had an extensively driven diesel earlier (off-topic, sorry) where manufacturer had clearly instructed to wait out a cold start.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 4th November 2020 at 10:39. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
Silmaril is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th November 2020, 22:35   #152
BHPian

Re: 2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post

P.S.- Interesting handle. Are you a psychiatrist?
Hehe, thanks. I’m an ophthalmologist actually.
Cheers
midazolam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th November 2020, 16:31   #153
BHPian

I did my first long drive on my Brezza ZXI+ MT last weekend from friday to sunday it was Hyderabad-Bhadrachalam-Maredumilli-Bhadrachalam-Hyderabad a total of 1050 KM with 5 Adults and boot completely loaded with luggage.

I got an average mileage of 16.0 KMPL which is decent, The Petrol Brezza is fun to drive on the highways too just like in the city, the road grip is great and cornering abilities are excellent as the route I went was through forest and has many hairpin bends along with a ghat section.

You will never feel that the engine is under powered anywhere as I put the Auto A/C on 20 Degrees as it was quite hot during the drive and I never felt the lack of power during overtaking or cornering, moreover the cruise control is a boon and you can relax both your feet by activating it on open stretches where you have good visibility of the road.
arcotsrinivas is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 11:29   #154
BHPian

Dear all, I'm into the process of buying to C-SUV for me and hence looking into all the options these days. My requirements is an automatic, and hence I took a test drive of Brezza ZXi+ Automatic and I found it nice to drive. Though I found during the lower revs, the gear change is very evident and the jerk can be felt. Inquired the sales guys about the automatic technology Brezza uses but he had no clue. Is it using AMT under the hood and not CVT? Please share if any of you have any experience with petrol automatics.
Old 11th November 2020, 11:38   #155
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
Dear all, I'm into the process of buying to C-SUV for me and hence looking into all the options these days. My requirements is an automatic, and hence I took a test drive of Brezza ZXi+ Automatic and I found it nice to drive. Though I found during the lower revs, the gear change is very evident and the jerk can be felt. Inquired the sales guys about the automatic technology Brezza uses but he had no clue. Is it using AMT under the hood and not CVT? Please share if any of you have any experience with petrol automatics.
Brezza has 4 Speed torque converter for Automatic. Gear changes are seamless. Try another showroom's Test drive car.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2020, 18:24   #156

Hi,

We bought the Vitara Brezza LXI last month and it is satisfying most of our requirements perfectly. However there is one glaring omission in the LXI variant - rear seat headrests. Before purchasing the vehicle, I had looked for solutions to fix this omission and I could arrive at the following 2 options -

1) I discussed with our regular SA at MASS and after looking at the part numbers, we arrived at the conclusion that we'll need to order the backrest, headrests and related parts of the Brezza VXI and fix them in our car. The cost of this fitment was told to be around Rs 10,000.

2) The dealership gave the contact number of a workshop which specializes in interior bodywork. I visited them and they explained that they will order the headrests and respective assembly parts through MGP. They'll open the backrest, remove the foam and then weld the headrest assembly on the metal frame and put everything back. The entire work would be completed within 2-3 hours. In their opinion the finish would be exactly similar to OEM level. The quote they have given is Rs 2,400.

I am confused between the 2 options and would request BHPians to share their inputs regarding the same. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
AG

Seat diagram of Brezza LXI. Source - https://oriparts.com/7/1022/75392/3977175

Seat diagram of Brezza VXI. Source - https://oriparts.com/7/1022/75393/3977189
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201111-17_34_54rear-seat-lxildi-maruti-suzuki-vitara-brezza-f_l-01.2020now-5dr-1.5l-l.png  

2020 Maruti Vitara Brezza Facelift 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201111-17_33_28rear-seat-vxivdi-maruti-suzuki-vitara-brezza-f_l-01.2020now-5dr-1.5l-v.png  

alphagolf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2020, 12:20   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi
I took a test drive of Brezza ZXi+ Automatic and I found it nice to drive. Though I found during the lower revs, the gear change is very evident and the jerk can be felt. Is it using AMT under the hood and not CVT?
As Leoshashi correctly mentioned, the current Brezza (& the S-Cross) have the 4-speed TC automatic, not the AMT or CVT. I am guessing this TC is the same as that in our AStar-AT. Regarding gear changes, my wife who is the main user of the AStar doesn't notice the gear changes at all, while I can. Suggest you get a TD with another dealer vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi
Dear all, I'm into the process of buying to C-SUV for me and hence looking into all the options these days. My requirements is an automatic
We are also looking at an AT car and both Brezza & SCross are in the shortlist. The only issue is we don't want the SHVS that comes bundled with these cars.

I prefer the Baleno_AT (CVT & no SHVS in AT), but wife prefers the tall stance of the C-SUVs.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th November 2020 at 12:21.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 18:56   #158
BHPian

In the market for a car to replace my ageing wagon r . I need easy entry and a more upright position for my back pain. Brezza doesn't seem a VFM since for those 10 lac odd rupees there are other offerings. Scross has a lower seating posture so out of the equation. With a venture to keeping the total cost within the 10 lac mark and favouring the k15 engine i think ertiga will be my choice
Old 14th November 2020, 19:03   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONESTabdul View Post
In the market for a car to replace my ageing wagon r . I need easy entry and a more upright position for my back pain. Brezza doesn't seem a VFM since for those 10 lac odd rupees there are other offerings. Scross has a lower seating posture so out of the equation. With a venture to keeping the total cost within the 10 lac mark and favouring the k15 engine i think ertiga will be my choice
Ertiga might have a tall stance but am not sure it will do your back pain any good. It's a long car, with body roll etc, so unless you're comfortable driving it daily you should consider other options as well.

You might be better off with a compact SUV. Do test drive all cars over longer distances. An automatic car will also be good for your back.
NFS2024 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2020, 19:06   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS2024 View Post
Ertiga might have a tall stance but am not sure it will do your back pain any good. It's a long car, with body roll etc, so unless you're comfortable driving it daily you should consider other options as well.

You might be better off with a compact SUV. Do test drive all cars over longer distances. An automatic car will also be good for your back.
Thanks. The thought did cross my mind. Am looking at xuv300 as well but mahindra's after sales service is not confidence inspiring
Old 15th November 2020, 01:21   #161
BHPian

Quote:
I was in a similar situation a few months ago and went ahead with Brezza Zxi+ I have shared all my thoughts in a few posts on this thread please refer to them as it might help you.
arcotsrinivas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2020, 22:38   #162
BHPian

Any suggestions for good 3D/5D mats available for Brezza online at VFM price?
Old 17th November 2020, 23:41   #163
BHPian

Quote:
In With a venture to keeping the total cost within the 10 lac mark and favouring the k15 engine i think ertiga will be my choice
I have moved to Ertiga from WagonR. I am 6 feet 3 inches tall and I find the seats of Ertiga really comfortable. And the ride quality is good too. However it has a good amount of body roll especially felt when only front row is occupied. So if you don't have the requirement for 7 seater, other csuvs will be better option in terms of handling.
sreejithkk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th November 2020, 23:16   #164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by midazolam View Post
Any suggestions for good 3D/5D mats available for Brezza online at VFM price?
I recommend the 3D Grooves Mats from MGA available in all showrooms they are around 3k for the cabin mats and 1.5k for the boot mat.
arcotsrinivas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th November 2020, 08:14   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagolf View Post
Hi,

We bought the Vitara Brezza LXI last month and it is satisfying most of our requirements perfectly. However there is one glaring omission in the LXI variant - rear seat headrests. Before purchasing the vehicle, I had looked for solutions to fix this omission and I could arrive at the following 2 options -

2) The dealership gave the contact number of a workshop which specializes in interior bodywork. I visited them and they explained that they will order the headrests and respective assembly parts through MGP. They'll open the backrest, remove the foam and then weld the headrest assembly on the metal frame and put everything back. The entire work would be completed within 2-3 hours. In their opinion the finish would be exactly similar to OEM level. The quote they have given is Rs
Can you share the contact details of the workshop. I might be needing them for xuv300 headrest

Most Viewed