Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2021, 19:02   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Endeavour sales have almost doubled in comparison with the last 2 months sales figure
While there is no denying the fact that the 2.0 lit EcoBlue engine, in its single-turbo avatar, is slightly underpowered for an SUV of this size and weight, it is more than adequate unless one wants to experience that "pushed back in the seat" feel. If one can live with that, the Endeavour is best in class in all other aspects, hands down!
  • Ride is like magic carpet - it just glides over anything and everything
  • The 10-speed gearbox, though busy, won't let you know when it shifted. It is almost like driving an EV.
  • Suspension does its job in pin-drop silence - you won't know what you just went over
  • Handling is impeccable for such a bulky, ladder-chassis SUV
  • Steering is sweet and effortless
  • Interiors give a very premium, roomy, & airy feel
  • Sound system is superb
  • Boot space is humongous with the 3rd row folded down - will gobble all your luggage for that 3-week trip to the Himalayas
  • Build quality is solid as a tank
  • Looks (subjective, of course) are to die for
  • Headlights are very powerful without being a nuisance to oncoming cars
  • Ergonomics are spot on
  • With sedate driving, one can easily clock 12-plus kmpl on highway runs
  • In its 4WD avatar, handling is very confidence-inspiring, due to the full-time 4WD system
  • Gets all-terrain tyres as OE

I can go on and on! These are just some of the things that more than make up for the smaller engine. That said, those looking to burn some rubber on the highways, look elsewhere

Last edited by cool_dube : 5th March 2021 at 19:19.
cool_dube is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 20:36   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
While there is no denying the fact that the 2.0 lit EcoBlue engine, in its single-turbo avatar, is slightly underpowered for an SUV of this size and weight, it is more than adequate unless one wants to experience that "pushed back in the seat" feel.[*]Gets all-terrain tyres as OE
)
The 2.0 litre 4x2 that my friend bought accelarates quite well and certainly pushes you back in the seat. I have not driven 4x4 Automatic that extensively so cannot say the same about it.
The MRF wanderers though are one of the worst all terrain tyres that I have seen. Folks looking to do even mild off-roading will need to replace them. The ride quality of the Endeavour is impeccable and tackles the potholes even better than many expensive Suvs like Audi Q7. Though, I like the seats in the Fortuner better than the Endeavour.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 19:31   #243
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
The 2.0 litre 4x2 that my friend bought accelerates quite well and certainly pushes you back in the seat.
Yes! The RWD packs more punch due to lower weight as well as lack of full-time 4wd. Definitely more VFM if one does not need 4x4 capabilities
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2021, 21:02   #244
BHPian

The wait is painful to say the least!

Severe shortage of semiconductors has held up production for all OeMs. And hence delay in deliveries.

One of the Ford dealers in Mumbai told me to pay extra to faster delivery! See how time has changed for these guys within few months.

May-June last year there was a discount of 1.5-2 lacs.
Old 9th March 2021, 13:01   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.G. View Post
Apart from this, the design of the alloys on the 4x2 versions have been changed back to the original single tone alloys among other changes to the 4x2 variants
Attachment 2094482
My friend bought December Manufactured 4x2 Titanium Plus in January and the car does not have ANC and Rear heater but has dual tone alloys. It is very unprofessional of Ford India that they are plonking alloys randomly.

Last edited by asm3899_CHD : 9th March 2021 at 13:02.
Old 11th March 2021, 20:50   #246
BHPian

After evaluating my options I picked up a pre-owned endeavour (2019 model) in comparison with new 2L. I had finalized a new booking with 1L discount but the 2019 model and the colour tempted me to go with pre-owned for now. May be I will pick a new one later in few years once dual turbo gets launched in India. For now I am very happy with this buy. Amazing vehicle with awesome features.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-20210227_121638.jpg  

Dust_Harl is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 11th March 2021, 20:56   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
I had finalized a new booking with 1L discount
Is this 1L discount on ex-showroom? If not how much was the discount on the ex-showroom and do you mind sharing the on-road cost that you got offered and the dealer name?

2019 3.2 is a good pick for enthusiasts. How much did that work out for?
Old 11th March 2021, 21:58   #248
BHPian

Quote:
After evaluating my options I picked up a pre-owned endeavour (2019 model) in comparison with new 2L. I had finalized a new booking with 1L discount but the 2019 model and the colour tempted me to go with pre-owned for now. May be I will pick a new one later in few years once dual turbo gets launched in India. For now I am very happy with this buy. Amazing vehicle with awesome features.
Congrats on your purchase. How much did you pay for it and how many kilometres? Just asking so that I can get an idea of 3.2 Endeavour's re-sale.
Old 11th March 2021, 23:17   #249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
Congrats on your purchase. How much did you pay for it and how many kilometres? Just asking so that I can get an idea of 3.2 Endeavour's re-sale.
Congrats as well!

Was it a 3.2L Endeavour?

Upon enlarging the photograph, it appears to be the 2.2L...

Resale in Mumbai appears to be very high, from what I have seen online.

Last edited by SuperFlyBoy : 11th March 2021 at 23:26.
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 10:10   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Congrats as well!

Was it a 3.2L Endeavour?

Upon enlarging the photograph, it appears to be the 2.2L...

Resale in Mumbai appears to be very high, from what I have seen online.
It is 2.2 L.

Great buy looks freshly minted! Price and KMs?
Old 12th March 2021, 11:56   #251
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
After evaluating my options I picked up a pre-owned endeavour (2019 model)
Congratulations Given that it is a 2.2 lit model, I believe it is a RWD. Wish you many happy miles on the beast!

Guys, finally got hold of my Endeavour Having driven ~500 km so far, the experience is surreal to say the least. I have already summarized my observations in this (Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)) post above.

As expected, in "Drive" mode (which prioritizes fuel economy over performance, as per the user manual), the engine does feel a little sluggish during initial pickup and this could be because I am being a tad gentle with the throttle for the first ~2000 km or so. Short stints with "Sport" mode (which prioritizes performance over fuel economy) - both auto as well as manual switching - seemed very promising, wherein the car holds on to gears for longer and feels lot more sprightly! Will try it out extensively post the initial run-in. However, as already stated, this is not a traffic-signal-drag-racer by any means. It is a gentle beast that munches miles in absolute silence, providing you a "club class" experience with its premium interiors, magic ride, and awesome music system! The 2.0 lit motor is VERY refined and silent, unless revved over 3000 rpm - you can barely hear it running from a few meters away, not to mention minimal sound invasion inside the cabin. There is absolutely no cabin shake on start-up and shut-down either, giving it an almost petrol like feel.

As for the color, nothing beats black when it comes to a full-size SUV, but I would suggest against it if you cannot live with minor scratches, chips, etc. being visible.

Will try and muster enough stamina to jot down a detailed ownership report but till then, here is a latest pic (apologies in advance, for poor picture quality):
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endy.jpg  

Last edited by cool_dube : 12th March 2021 at 12:11.
cool_dube is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 12:41   #252
BHPian

It is a 2.2L with very less mileage and very well maintained. Thanks for all your wishes. I was planning for a new 4x2. A 2.2L top-end with low mileage came my way and checked all the boxes.

While scanning the market 2.2L AT was between 22-26L and 3.2L was above 28L. And ford does have ford assured pre-owned and if you are lucky then you will get a sweet deal and a good vehicle through them. Definitely need to sit across the table and negotiate the price.

Congratulations cool_dube on your new purchase. Looks absolute stunner.
Dust_Harl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 13:14   #253
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is a 2.2L with very less mileage and very well maintained. Thanks for all your wishes. I was planning for a new 4x2. A 2.2L top-end with low mileage came my way and checked all the boxes.
Makes absolute sense, more so if you bought it from Ford Assured. Nice color as well! Wish Ford offered more colors with the 2.0 too.

Given that it is a 2019 model, it would be under factory warranty for another year or so. If it is not already covered under EW, I'd strongly recommend going for it, especially in view of a few incidents with the 6-speed transmission reported on the forum earlier, albeit with initial (2016-17) models.

Quote:
While scanning the market 2.2L AT was between 22-26L and 3.2L was above 28L.
I did scan the used car market for a few months but was not patient enough to wait for a good vehicle

Quote:
Congratulations cool_dube on your new purchase. Looks absolute stunner.
Thanks buddy

Last edited by cool_dube : 12th March 2021 at 13:16.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 13:57   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, finally got hold of my Endeavour
Oh wow! Congrats! How long was waiting for you? I booked at Cauvery Ford on 23rd Feb for Black 4x4, and I received an auto-update from their CRM system that the car is in production and the tentative delivery date is 30th April, which is 2+ months!

Quote:
Short stints with "Sport" mode (which prioritizes performance over fuel economy) - both auto as well as manual switching - seemed very promising, wherein the car holds on to gears for longer and feels lot more sprightly!
Does auto still work in Sport mode? If yes, that would be great! The button-like manual gear is not so engaging otherwise. Maybe we get used to it in time. Any plans in getting Raptor grill?
Old 12th March 2021, 14:47   #255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Oh wow! Congrats! How long was waiting for you?
Thanks, mate! 77 days from booking to getting the car home, each day seeming a year long

Quote:
which is 2+ months!
I am not surprised, especially since you have booked a black. Had it been white, the waiting period would be a tad lesser, but no lesser than 45 days in any case. The Endeavour is not a fast moving SUV like the Fortuner and therefore, dealers do not want to keep unwanted inventory. Of course, semiconductor/steel shortage is not helping either. Be patient my friend, and enjoy the wait

Quote:
Does auto still work in Sport mode? If yes, that would be great! The button-like manual gear is not so engaging otherwise. Maybe we get used to it in time.
Yes! When you switch to Sport mode, the transmission continues to be in auto by default, with a very perceptible change in driving dynamics - gears are held longer and acceleration is significantly faster (compared to D mode). The moment you press the shifter buttons on the lever, the transmission switches to manual mode. The buttons take some time getting used to and are not as engaging as a shifter, but not too bad either.

Quote:
Any plans in getting Raptor grill?
Not just yet but maybe some time down the line.

Last edited by cool_dube : 12th March 2021 at 14:56.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed