Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th March 2021, 20:56   #271
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Did the PDI, did not spot any issue. VIN number is MAJAXXMRWAMM10**2.
11th figure is M which is 2021,
12th figure is also M, which I think is supposed to be this march i.e., this month's vehicle.
Motomonk...you are most fortunate. The wait is inevitably tedious as I’m sure will be your obsession to nearest and dearest around that may share your enthusiasm as you ponder over countless articles and videos on the Endeavour...even after confirming your booking. Join the club!! And to think you nearly chose not to go for the Beast altogether. Congratulations
Arbind Ray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 17:13   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Congratulations Given that it is a 2.2 lit model, I believe it is a RWD. Wish you many happy miles on the beast!

Guys, finally got hold of my Endeavour

Quote:
Got a call from the dealer today saying Black T+ 4x4 is available as the person who had booked is unable to arrange the loan.

Thanks in advance!
Guys are you thinking of upgrading the stock tyres?

I read through all the threads, tyre upgrade has mixed reactions.

Would request fellow BHPians who have actually upgraded the tyres to provide their views -

1. Is the difference in noise, ride quality significant?
2. Is it worth the additional bucks?
Old 18th March 2021, 17:24   #273
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
I am certainly not. While MRF Wanderers may not be the best of the lot out there, they are decent A/T tyres and should serve you well for the next few years. Moreover, do not want to mess around with brand new alloys and get into WA/WB hassles just yet, not to mention possible issues with TPMS.

That said, a change to more premium brands like Michelin or Pirelli will get you better performance (more comfort and lesser road noise) for sure, but will set you back by ~65K (Michelin) to ~90K (Pirelli) for a set of 4.

Last edited by cool_dube : 18th March 2021 at 17:29.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 17:42   #274
BHPian

Quote:
I am certainly not. While MRF Wanderers may not be the best of the lot out there, they are decent A/T tyres and should serve you well for the next few years. Moreover, do not want to mess around with brand new alloys and get into WA/WB hassles just yet, not to mention possible issues with TPMS.

That said, a change to more premium brands like Michelin or Pirelli will get you better performance (more comfort and lesser road noise) for sure, but will set you back by ~65K (Michelin) to ~90K (Pirelli) for a set of 4.
I asked around, another challenge is no tyre shop in Mumbai has it in stock due to import ban. Also the price for the current MRFs is been quoted at 8K. So net impact of of 30-32 k.
Old 18th March 2021, 17:47   #275
BHPian

Quote:
No plans to change the tire at least for now. Planning to keep everything in stock except the raptor grill, which I am yet to find.
Old 18th March 2021, 17:52   #276
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I asked around, another challenge is no tyre shop in Mumbai has it in stock due to import ban. Also the price for the current MRFs is been quoted at 8K. So net impact of of 30-32 k.
Stock MRF's lasted 40-45K in my Endeavour. Replaced them with Geolanders, which are somewhat silent but don't see much difference in ride/handling. The Geolanders look meatier though and makes the car standout. Useability wise I don't see a need to change MRF but if you want looks get BF Goodrich or Geolanders.
PrideRed is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2021, 18:21   #277
BHPian

Quote:
No plans to change the tire at least for now. Planning to keep everything in stock except the raptor grill, which I am yet to find.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Stock MRF's lasted 40-45K in my Endeavour. Replaced them with Geolanders, which are somewhat silent but don't see much difference in ride/handling. The Geolanders look meatier though and makes the car standout. Useability wise I don't see a need to change MRF but if you want looks get BF Goodrich or Geolanders.
Thanks for actual user feedback, really helps. I think it would be fair to conclude that upgrade will not provide significant improvement so better to keep the stock tyres. And offcourse save some bucks!
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 16:15   #278
BHPian

Finally the car arrived! yay!!

Did the PDI. Was able to start the car but could not drive it, as it was in the stockyard.

Everything was ok, except couple of minor things which will be taken care of in the PDI.

Payment made, loan disbursed and now RTO wait.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-whatsapp-image-20210318-6.55.53-pm.jpeg  

ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 16:46   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Everything was ok, except couple of minor things which will be taken care of in the PDI.
Many congratulations! Looks lovely

Good to see that Ford has put the new dual-tone alloy wheels back on RWD variants. Did you check the no. of speakers? Was it 8 or 10? Also, what were the minor things you noticed?

Last edited by cool_dube : 19th March 2021 at 16:50.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 17:20   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Many congratulations! Looks lovely

Good to see that Ford has put the new dual-tone alloy wheels back on RWD variants. Did you check the no. of speakers? Was it 8 or 10? Also, what were the minor things you noticed?
Yeah the alloys look good. It's 10 speaker for Titanium Plus, 8 for Titanium. The carpet at rear seat was soiled at couple of places. That's all.
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 17:59   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah the alloys look good. It's 10 speaker for Titanium Plus, 8 for Titanium. The carpet at rear seat was soiled at couple of places. That's all.
White mammoth looks butch! Happy and safe mile-munching!
motomonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th March 2021, 18:50   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Finally the car arrived! yay!!

Did the PDI. Was able to start the car but could not drive it, as it was in the stockyard.
Firstly...Hearty Congratulations are in order. Reminded me of the first time I test drove the 'light truck' which happened to be white too. I immediately paid the booking deposit for the Sunset Red Titanium.

Your mention of the stockyard brought back some unpleasant memories though. As you're based there you have less worries. My experience was shocking to say the least. On the day it arrived I was sent pictures of it stood in front of the showroom and was informed as they were attempting to get me to take out a car loan said it would be ready within a fortnight and was taken to their stockyard.

As I had doubts about my eligibility as an NRI, and thought of the car simply lying idle, I asked them to prep the vehicle for collection ASAP as I had decided to use my personal Sterling account (paid 2% surcharge). They said the PDI would be processed in 2-3 days. Great I thought. The day of collection had arrived. I received a call from my Sales Advisor stating the Endeavour was no longer in the stockyard...it had gone!

I asked what he meant. When he called me back he said it had been sold to somebody else

What had occurred was inexcusable. I turned up at their office and met with their GM. I shared a draft I had prepared to circulate to EVERYONE at Ford senior management as well as interested third parties.

To cut a long story short, I received delivery of a brand new Ford Endeavour within two weeks (original wait time was a few months) and was provided with a courtesy Figo Aspire followed by an 8 seater Renault Logika till then. I've mellowed since the incident as I was fuming for being treated like a fool at the time. What an appalling experience...water under the bridge now.

Anyway, I'm sure you have no reason to be anxious except for the impatience of getting behind the wheel of your prized possession
Arbind Ray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th March 2021, 10:51   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbind Ray View Post
Firstly...Hearty Congratulations are in order. Reminded me of the first time I test drove the 'light truck' which happened to be white too. I immediately paid the booking deposit for the Sunset Red Titanium.
Thanks. Yes impatience of sitting behind that steering is there for sure! So far Satyam Ford experience has been good. Let's see how it goes till delivery.
Old 23rd March 2021, 18:52   #284
AMT
BHPian

Got mine delivered today. Dealer gave me illuminated scuff plates, slimline weathershields, cargo cover and car cover from their side.

Drove it home - end to the wait and what a nice feeling...
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-85b31a1df7c34d8282c0150deb64d9b3.jpeg  

AMT is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 19:06   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post
Got mine delivered today. Dealer gave me illuminated scuff plates, slimline weathershields, cargo cover and car cover from their side.

Drove it home - end to the wait and what a nice feeling...
Beautiful picture!
SuperFlyBoy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed