Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2021, 15:40   #346

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Post-delivery treatments

Well, nothing much, given that we are talking about an SUV here. All I got done was a good quality ceramic coat (which should last me 2-3 years) all over and PPF on vulnerable touch-points like the door-handle scoops, fuel-tank lid, and door edges. That said, black will be much more demanding on me, compared to other colors.
Congratulations on the new SUV, loving the gloss black shade!
A quick question; for paint protection would you recommend just ceramic coating ? And if PPF is vital, which parts should be given priority as I wouldn't want it for the entire vehicle considering its cost.
I have a 3-4 month old Flame Red Tiago in which could do with some TLC.
Thank you for your views.

Last edited by Aditya : 20th April 2021 at 20:27. Reason: Quote tags fixed
deadlifts26 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 08:22   #347
Senior - BHPian

Ford India increases prices of the 2.0 Endeavour.
The Endeavour starts from 29.99 lakhs to 36.25 lakhs ex. Showroom.

Source: https://www.msn.com/en-in/autos/news...?ocid=msedgntp
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 12:05   #348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeman View Post
Excellent review.
Thanks a lot. Glad that you found it useful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07CR View Post
Congratulations on the new ride. I am sure it will serve you splendidly.
Thank you for the wishes.

Quote:
No need to worry about the service costs IMO, as I have gone through a few ownership reviews, and the service costs have never exceeded 10K, which I feel is fantastic.
Thanks! I was never worried about the service cost, per se. My apprehension was more to do with quality of service and technical competency of service centers, based on some of the reviews I've come across. I will get a better idea post my first service, coming up soon.

Quote:
How is the throw of the headlamps, low/high beam? If possible can you attach a picture of both.
As mentioned in the "Likes" section of my report, I love the headlamps on the Endeavour. In fact, prior to booking my Endeavour, I had specifically taken a test drive in the evening to check quality/throw of headlamps and was mighty pleased. The illumination is awesome, with a distinct cut-off for low beam (so as to not blind oncoming cars, given the high degree of illumination) and superb throw for the high beam. The headlamp leveler has 5 settings, allowing you to get that perfect throw. Will try and take some pics of the same soon, and share it here.

Quote:
Do you get navigation directions in the MID screen?
No, the MID does not get direction display. However, the current setup is quite good with excellent voice prompts and sufficient levels of detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEOMAN View Post
Congratulations on your new acquisition
Thanks, mate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlifts26 View Post
Congratulations on the new SUV, loving the gloss black shade!
Thanks for your wishes. Yes, nothing beats black on a mammoth SUV like the Endeavour, albeit at the cost of high maintenance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlifts26 View Post
A quick question; for paint protection would you recommend just ceramic coating ? And if PPF is vital, which parts should be given priority as I wouldn't want it for the entire vehicle considering its cost.
After a lot of deliberation, I decided against a full-body PPF for 2 primary reasons - very high cost for a good quality film (given the massive surface area of the Endeavour) and the fact that PPF takes away the real character/look of the paint. Of course, this would come at the cost of minor chips and dings that the car will invariably get, especially on highway runs, which I am okay with. As mentioned in my report, I went with full-body ceramic coat (renders an awesome look/shine to the paint, while providing protection against bird-droppings, etc. making an easy job of cleaning the car, at the same time) and PPF for high-contact areas - door handle scoops (tend to get a lot of scratches over a period of time, since not everybody is careful while operating those door handles), fuel tank lid (Endeavour has a press-to-open fuel tank lid as opposed to a cable-based-release one, and therefore takes a lot of abuse from fuel station attendants), and door edges (will invariably end up brushing against walls, other cars, etc.). Hope this helps. You can get more information on pros and cons of PPF here (Paint Protection Film (PPF)).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
Ford India increases prices of the 2.0 Endeavour.
Whoa! That is the second hike from Ford India in less than 4 months. The Titanium+ 4wd variant now costs almost 1.5 lac more on-road than what I paid just 4 months back!! Quite aggressive, I must say, given that the Fortuner facelift is clocking double the numbers.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 22:31   #349
BHPian

Tug of war-Endeavour v/s Fortuner v/s Gloster
Old 21st April 2021, 23:27   #350
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keerti_ck View Post
. My better half wants me to change to a new Fort but Kiddo wants a Titanium+. I'm torn.

Honestly heart wants Toyota Fortuner, but mind wants Endeavour.
Sir it should be the other way around
Heart wants endeavour mind says fortuner
Trust me pick the fortuner, being an existing toyota user ford will increase your blood pressure wiith each service! If you have owned a toyota a ford will never cut it in terms of peace of mind and after sales service period! What you will miss is a panoramic sunroof and slightly better ride comfort
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 10:14   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
Sir it should be the other way around
Heart wants endeavour mind says fortuner
Trust me pick the fortuner, being an existing toyota user ford will increase your blood pressure wiith each service! If you have owned a toyota a ford will never cut it in terms of peace of mind and after sales service period! What you will miss is a panoramic sunroof and slightly better ride comfort
Not really true. You will be surprised with every service of Endeavour, its even cheaper than Toyota. Yes there are few problems, like not all their service centers are well trained, diagnosis is not as good as Toyota. If you manage to get a good center, there is no reason to worry.
PrideRed is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 12:35   #352
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Not really true. You will be surprised with every service of Endeavour, its even cheaper than Toyota. Yes there are few problems, like not all their service centers are well trained, diagnosis is not as good as Toyota. If you manage to get a good center, there is no reason to worry.
I own a 3.2 Endeavour and each service is a surprise to say the least . Before this I owned the gen 2 Fortuner and its service cost was always cheaper than the Endeavour. Maybe nowadays its got more expensive but I can not comment as I sold the Fortuner in 2018. The only saving grace is I absolutely love the ride quality and interiors of my Endeavour and since its remapped its a torpedo .

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd April 2021 at 08:13. Reason: Poorly typed post. No capitalization.
Born 2 Be Wild is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 22nd April 2021, 13:23   #353
BHPian

Having owned 2012 Fiesta, I know Ford service costs are definitely one of the lowest. Probably even lower than some Marutis but still, it raised blood pressure every time I gave my car for service not because of the price but because of SA advising some part or the other that required replacement which ultimately shot up the price. They changed the locking system under voluntary recall and few weeks after that one of the power window buttons conked off. I don't remember the price but they charged a bomb so I didn't get it fixed. When the parking sensors malfunctioned they charged Rs18000 for replacing the whole system! When AC stopped cooling, they suggested changing the whole system costing more than Rs50000. I got it fixed from outside for Rs1000 as it was a wiring problem. That time the car only came with a 2-year warranty and no extended warranty was available but now since you can have EW for 6 years, I expect fewer headaches for owners.

Fords are definitely more fun to drive and economical to maintain than Toyotas as long as it needs just regular service, but they are not so much fun to own. Once any engine or transmission problems start, it's better to sell it off as there are very few competent service centres capable of permanently fixing the problem. I wish Ford fixes these problems so that they do not have to see their amazing cars flopping in our market.
Technic90 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 13:55   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born 2 Be Wild View Post
I own a 3.2 Endeavour and each service is a surprise to say the least . Before this I owned the gen 2 Fortuner and its service cost was always cheaper than the Endeavour. Maybe nowadays its got more expensive but I can not comment as I sold the Fortuner in 2018. The only saving grace is I absolutely love the ride quality and interiors of my Endeavour and since its remapped its a torpedo .
This is how the Ford is different. Their service centers are patchy. In Bangalore, service from Elite was good and technicians were competent. But Metro were below par. Cauvery Ford at Mangalore is probably best(may be because I have been their customer since 1999). Toyota however delivers consistently across dealership. Ford cars until Ikon had fair share of issues, but models after that fairly reliable, this can be a bit questionable past 1-2Lac KM though. Also Toyota too pushes for a lot of add on these days. If you are not diligent, they will fleece you 4-5K per service.

Last edited by Sheel : 23rd April 2021 at 08:13. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
Old 24th April 2021, 21:49   #355
Senior - BHPian

Braking test between Ford Endeavour, Toyota Fortuner and MG Gloster.

ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 18:36   #356
BHPian

Genuine accessory list for Ford Everest from Ford Australia. Auto fold ORVM module is indeed available there. Not sure why its difficult for Ford India to bring it here.

https://www.ford.com.au/suv/everest/smart-accessories/
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-1f.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-2f.jpg  

LionX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th April 2021, 19:19   #357
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
Genuine accessory list for Ford Everest from Ford Australia. Auto fold ORVM module is indeed available there. Not sure why its difficult for Ford India to bring it here.

https://www.ford.com.au/suv/everest/smart-accessories/
Isn’t this feature standard in the Indian Endeavour?
Old 28th April 2021, 20:08   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Isn’t this feature standard in the Indian Endeavour?
No it is not. My friend just bought a new Endeavour and this was his only complaint with the car. Still not a big problem according to me.
asm3899_CHD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2021, 12:22   #359
BHPian

Took the car out for a spin, ~100 kms. And with 1000 km done pushed her a little bit on the corners. Also did 120-125 kmph for the first time (for a short duration). Still a bit careful till 1500 kms.

I am amazed at the way this car handles man! So sure footed, steering is really precise, just loved it. One doesn't feel the higher speeds at all, it's very stable. Braking is fantastic as well.

Also for the first time used the sports mode, car felt a lot eager but the engine noise and revvs in the first 3 gears were very high. On higher gears though it was almost normal, but the car felt really good.

Mileage dropped to 11.4 kmpl due the heavy right foot. Last trip from Mumbai to my hometown on Mumbai - Agra highway of ~300 km, I got 13 kmpl with a light foot.

Absolutely loving every bit of driving the Endeavour
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th May 2021, 06:46   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm3899_CHD View Post
No it is not. My friend just bought a new Endeavour and this was his only complaint with the car. Still not a big problem according to me.
Appears to be some issue with mirror motor. Mirrors do have auto fold functionality in the endeavour.
07CR is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks