Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2021, 17:11   #496
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Hi Forum Members,

I have a dilemma and wanted to seek your opinion and feedback.

There is a September 2016 registered 3.2AT Ford Endeavour available for sale in the organization where I work. The car is very well maintained and has done 36K KM's. It was with an Expat in the company and ran regularly but within the city. The news for this car to be up for sale in October came about 10 days before the Ford announcement and till then it seemed like a good deal. Now, with the scenario changing, I wanted to ask the forum members whether it's still a good deal?

Pros
1) Dealer maintained and in immaculate condition (inside and outside).
2) Is the sought-after 3.2AT AWD Titanium model. Colour- Black.
3) Odo is at 36K as shared earlier.
4) Insurance renewal/Service done for this year.
5) Expected book value is between - 16-18 Lakhs. Fair market value evaluation is pending. Should be around the same figure (or higher/lower?).

Cons
1) NCR registered, effective usage is 4 years from today.
2) Ford dealers are going to curtail operations. While service may be available in Delhi/NCR, servicing cost might not be as attractive as it was earlier. I don't think there is an incentive for dealers to offer competitive costs anymore.
3) Part availability and cost in the next 3-4 years. Maybe existing owners can comment on the expected failures in the near term (if any).
4) Resale value will definitely take a hit based on the above points. If nothing else, Delhi-NCR Diesel cars do take a hit on resale due to the 10-year rule.

Seek your views/guidance on the following;

1) Will this be a worthwhile investment? The plan is to use it for the next 2/3 years as a daily runner and for short weekend trips to the hills and around. Intend to sell after 3.5 years.
2) If yes, at what price point does it become worthwhile or not at all.
3) There could be an option to pay as part of the salary/car policy i.e. no upfront investment, however, the risk of resale still lies with the employee.
anandseth01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 18:34   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
I am in a similar situation. I own a 2020 Ecosport Petrol Automatic, driven just 4500 kms. Although I did list it for sale on July but no takers and after Ford's exit, No queries received, absolutely no takers. Definitely, not a easy decision for me cause its my First car.
But I have no other options.
Sadly, no takers now, absolute zero.
Really worried now.

Keeping your Ford Endeavor will be a good financial decision but not for peace of mind.
I am also being advised to stick with my Ecosport but I am ready to take the depreciation hit for some peace of mind instead.
I am on the same boat as you. Mine is a 2019 Ecosport Petrol Automatic with 17000 kilometres on the odometer. It has proved it's worth in the city, on the highways and in the congested streets of my home town. I have not had any niggles in the past two years except the recent battery issue and it was not easy to get a response from Ford's service centre for queries regarding the battery. I assume it is because mine is a second tier town and the service centre's behaviour was the same way even before the news. While my heart asks me to hold on to the vehicle, the brain does not. I will wait for a few months before taking any decision.
shansundar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th September 2021, 08:42   #498
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shansundar View Post
I am on the same boat as you. Mine is a 2019 Ecosport Petrol Automatic with 17000 kilometres on the odometer. It has proved it's worth in the city, on the highways and in the congested streets of my home town. I have not had any niggles in the past two years except the recent battery issue and it was not easy to get a response from Ford's service centre for queries regarding the battery. I assume it is because mine is a second tier town and the service centre's behaviour was the same way even before the news. While my heart asks me to hold on to the vehicle, the brain does not. I will wait for a few months before taking any decision.
Only a fellow Ford owner (more so with the Ecosport AT) will understand the dilemma. Yes, financial, it is good to stick with the car but 5-7 years down the line, the car will have considerable downtime cause of parts delay. Resale value has already gone for a toss.
Hard to make any future predictions but I am firm on trying to sell my Ecosport AT for a good deal. Biggest issue being the lack of demand of automatics in my place, not because they love Manuals, but because they don't know and also because ATs costs more.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 20:05   #499
BHPian

I see a lot of heartbreak and uncertainty in Endeavor users on whether to keep or sell their car, on the back of Ford's decision to stop production in India and go the CBU way, and shift their focus to high-end electric cars.

For me the decision was simple. I bought the car for its amazing drivability, comfort and built quality. This has not changed with Ford's exit. The car continues to give pleasure from the time I see it in the parking spot, to the time I turn on the ignition and during the amazing miles it crunches in admirable comfort, regardless of the terrain.

I have not seen or driven a comparable car in India. The pre-owned market for Ford crashed the day they announced their exit. I wouldn't sell for peanuts (comparatively speaking). The only misgiving is the service support.
Having seen a population of Pajeros and Cruz cars on the road, I'm confident that the service support will be available to those who seek it.

Would I dump a few years of driving pleasure on an Endeavour and go for an average SUV just because the manufacturer has shut shop? No, I wouldn't. But, to each his own.
Ford has announced that there will be no drop in service level in the backdrop of their exit, and I will believe them. If I do see this drop in support from ASS, I will rely on my trusted mechanic down the road.

I plan to keep my car till I find a suitable replacement, or it becomes BER (Beyond Economical Repair)
Sanjivvohra is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 23:14   #500

Fellow Bhpians. Need an advice. I am getting inclined to buy an endeavour knowing well Ford has shut shop in India. I am getting some discount on the available inventory and feels that it’s a risk worth taking. It is a wonderful car and I live in Gurgaon and believe that service will surely be available in Delhi/NCR at least for next 3-5 years if not more.
I am looking at 4X4 titanium plus which is available at the dealer for immediate pick up. Please let me know if this is fine as I am not able to convince myself yet for anything else which matches endeavour at this price point.

When I see post of people selling their current endeavour and I am planning to still buy a new one I want to be sure that I am not thinking stupid
gargmudit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 15:23   #501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargmudit View Post
Fellow Bhpians. Need an advice. I am getting inclined to buy an endeavour knowing well Ford has shut shop in India. I am getting some discount on the available inventory and feels that it’s a risk worth taking. It is a wonderful car and I live in Gurgaon and believe that service will surely be available in Delhi/NCR at least for next 3-5 years if not more.
I am looking at 4X4 titanium plus which is available at the dealer for immediate pick up. Please let me know if this is fine as I am not able to convince myself yet for anything else which matches endeavour at this price point.
I am in similar boat and also based out of Gurgaon. Do you mind sharing the discount over ex-showroom you are getting?
Old 27th September 2021, 16:16   #502

Quote:
Originally Posted by the pony View Post
I am in similar boat and also based out of Gurgaon. Do you mind sharing the discount over ex-showroom you are getting?
As of now I have been quoted about ~38.5 OTR (Gurgaon registration) for 4X4 Titanium plus. Dealer says just 2-3 cars left in inventory and won't give more. Do you think this can be streched more ?

I know it's a bit of risk with uncertainity over the future service but I am not able to find any other better alternative (do not want fortuner) and Tiguan has no clarity on its launch (7 seater is not a must for me).

I had finalized to go for Compass 4X4 AT Model S but then additional 5Lakhs taking to a segment up with class of Endeavour is luring me to take the risk.

Would love to hear your thoughts
gargmudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 17:35   #503
BHPian

Quote:
As of now I have been quoted about ~38.5 OTR (Gurgaon registration) for 4X4 Titanium plus.
This translates to ~1.5L off on ex-showroom. I am sorry but I would not touch this thing with a pole with such discount. I have no shame in saying that I would be very greedy at this point considering the risk I will take by buying a discontinued vehicle (how so ever desirable). Unless discounts are substantial in range of 8-10L off ex-showroom there is no point buying a vehicle for which depreciation will only grow and peace of mind will only shrink.
I was quoted 3L off ex-showroom from a dealer in Karnal but I politely refused. I will happily wait till next year and its like a lottery, if I get it at an absolute steal only then I will buy else I am happy to plonk 2-3L extra for Fortuner or any other car and have peace of mind.
I am also awaiting the Tiguan but the issue I foresee is, that I own a Skoda 1.8TSI and I might end up having two cars with similar characteristics with just the difference in ground clearance. Considering how few the options are in this segment, we might be forced to plonk big 50L next year on 2022 Fortuner.
the pony is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2021, 19:03   #504

Quote:
This translates to ~1.5L off on ex-showroom.
Actually its about ~2.5L on Ex-showroom and another 55K or so on insurance etc, so total about ~3.1L on OTR. With ~8-10 Lakhs kind of discount would have been a no brainer for sure, but with very limited inventory left I do not see any chances of more disounts being offered

Quote:
Considering how few the options are in this segment, we might be forced to plonk big 50L next year on 2022 Fortuner.
Yeah dilemma continues. Good luck for your search
gargmudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2021, 22:22   #505
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I am based in Mumbai and took a contrarian view when I got the news of Ford closure in India

I ended up at Bhavna ford BKC astonished to see just a service centre and no showroom.. and they did not have any stocks, except for 1 endeavour 4*4 that too in white

So, things were quiet for a while and yesterday I got a call from Ford Thane against my earlier enquiry and said that stock is available - so I went today and tried to check the stock. there were at least 2-3 others who came to check same and find out discount

I am not even able to get the 2.5 lakh on Ex-showroom, they say the are sold out and seem to be stuck around 1.5 lakh max which wasn't interesting at all

Is there any other showroom where I can get around 3-4 lakh discount.. Am willing to take the plunge for 40 lakh OTR, especially since it makes for a handsome upgrade from my existing new Thar 2020 and makes family happy too as they are always complaining of space in rear seat when they are with me

I did a long 2000 km road trip (BOM-BLR-BOM) to realise the shortcomings of my Thar Convertible top and I do feel while its strengths are its looks and relatively easy parking.. the space and highway noise from canvas top is pretty hard to live with

Endeavour in 4*4 avatar can solve most of my issues and if I consider it an investment for 5 years .. I do think it makes sense

Is it right time to buy or should I just wait for 2022 Fortuner / 2022 endeavour

Quote:
Actually its about ~2.5L on Ex-showroom and another 55K or so on insurance etc, so total about ~3.1L on OTR. With ~8-10 Lakhs kind of discount would have been a no brainer for sure, but with very limited inventory left I do not see any chances of more disounts being offered

Yeah dilemma continues. Good luck for your search
sudhirdamo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 06:24   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirdamo View Post
Hi Guys,

I am based in Mumbai and took a contrarian view when I got the news of Ford closure in India

I ended up at Bhavna ford BKC astonished to see just a service centre and no showroom.. and they did not have any stocks, except for 1 endeavour 4*4 that too in white
Everybody is rushing to pick up the remaining endeavour stocks so you’re not contrarian just too late to the trend . Ecosport is selling out quickly as well but might be discounted higher. Also a superb road car and with similar size + better fuel economy than your thar.

You sure (and I’m asking this moving from a Scorpio to an Endeavour) you’re ready for what filling a 90 litre tank that gives you maximum 10 kmpl on highways is your cup of tea then sure get the endeavour.
hserus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 13:05   #507

I finally took the plunge and picked the 4X4 AT in white color from Harpreet ford in Gurgaon yesterday. After evaluating all pros and cons I went ahead and took the risk. Since its a global car in worst case parts may still be available in other countries and can be imported. I am anyway expecting service centres to continue at least in metros going forward.

If there was option of an equally good car as per my requirement, I would have given it a miss but since there was nothing else except endeavour, as a brilliant package in this price range, the decision was made.
I spoke to few dealers in Delhi / NCR and no one has much inventory left. Hardly 1-2 units if at all and not much discount as well. I dont care about resale if I can drive it for 7-10 years without trouble (which I really hope for now)

Overall happy with the decision and did a 200 km ride on KMP on the first day and that made sure that decision was not bad at all

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_1952.jpg
gargmudit is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 15:59   #508
BHPian

CONGRATULATIONS !!!

I am also very very tempted to get this one

I was at Ford showroom yesterday and again today with family

Unfortunately not able too crack the negotiation, and we are stuck at some 50k difference in asking and buying rate

The color I chose is Diffused silver, they also had one in Black at zero discount

I was visiting Delhi on Wednesday and hoping they may have some units there which I can buy ex showroom and register in Mumbai.. Thanks for the information in your post

I drive a Thar LX Manual last 6 months, and am tried off roading and am used to the SUV high seating and plan to trade it in and upgrade as my family keeps complaining about the ride, ingress, etc

And after using this - I don't feel like driving any regular sedan or even a monocoque

The options as I see it are Fortuner or Endeavour. Based on my test drives, I found the Fortuner to be faster and more agile but Endeavour takes time but is very stable and reassuring

Am sitting on the fence and hopefully things will clear up in a day or two

[quote=gargmudit;5165166]I finally took the plunge and picked the 4X4 AT in white color from Harpreet ford in Gurgaon yesterday.
Old 7th October 2021, 18:59   #509
BHPian

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...33-lakh-422278

Toyota Fortuner Legender 4x4 launched at Rs 42.33 lakh

Insane 50 Lakh OTR in some cities.

With Ford's Exit, Toyota is definitely having a party time...
Old 9th October 2021, 10:11   #510
BHPian

Hi,

I finally booked Ford Endeavour 4WD in black

NCR sold out all endeavours, and before we run out in Mumbai I wanted to take the plunge

RTO will be initiated shortly, and delivery is next week on some auspicious day

Can someone advise

1. Is Hurricane kit is worth taking ? Asking price is appx
2. Any special care or treatment recommended for Black color? Is Teflon / Ceramic / PPF worth spending extra

Any suggestions in Mumbai where I can get these work done

I am attaching the Accessories catalog for this model

Thanks in advance
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Category 1 - Endeavour (Aug).pdf (275.1 KB, 464 views)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks