Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2021, 10:28   #511
Team-BHP Support

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandseth01 View Post
The car is very well maintained and has done 36K KM's.
5) Expected book value is between - 16-18 Lakhs. Fair market value evaluation is pending. Should be around the same figure (or higher/lower?)
You should buy it if you get around book value. Get it transferred to Chandigarh or any other place. In case of Chandigarh, RTO on old cars is calculated based on the IDV on Insurance. So factor this now or later. try if you can get it squeezed a bit more. Cars from 2016 will be having all imported stuff. Though, we have seen some failures on some components, I think it will be worth taking the risk. I have a similar Trend 3,2 from 2016 done over 1,2 Lac and until few months back was being offered around 17 Lac.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 10:39   #512
BHPian

Thank you. Appreciate your feedback. I should get it for under 17L. I haven't explored the Chandigarh angle but sounds interesting. I am leaning towards taking it for atleast 2 years and then letting it go, can possibly look at CH transfer then. If I don't change the registration now and continue it on the company account, I save an ownership change on record and when it's sold it can be transferred to the new owner directly. My worry has been around parts and availability, however, looking at the inventory on the roads in GGN alone, I am confident that the next 3-5 years should be comfortable.
anandseth01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 16:16   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Oh! I m really sorry to hear that @ Cool dube
Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
If I may give my 2 cents, I'd ask you to wait a couple of months for the dust to settle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I'm not able to hold back my feelings, so replying. I don't think this is the best decision (if already made)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeethaldankar View Post
If the car is not giving any problems then you should keep it
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_TJ View Post
Keeping your Ford Endeavor will be a good financial decision but not for peace of mind.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arnieshwartz View Post
Sorry to hear you're looking to let go of such a solid vehicle and with such low mileage on the odo
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
I remember the gruelling experience you went through while deciding between the Endeavour and Fortuner, where you picked up the product that satisfied and impressed you more; that is the Endeavour
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
I don't think this will be a wise decision at all
Quote:
Originally Posted by hserus View Post
Selling like a distress sale and low ballers will circle you like vultures
Quote:
Originally Posted by drpavan View Post
It's a very tough decision that you have taken up sir.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Please dont sell the car now
Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
If you haven't made the decision, please don't sell.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skarface View Post
It would be prudent to show restraint in selling a good car just because of the Ford pullout
Dear all, at the the outset let me express my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation towards your valuable inputs and genuine wishes. It it gestures like these that make our TBHP forum what it is today

While I completely understand and respect the rationale behind your strong recommendations to not sell the Endeavour, I had made up my mind to go ahead with the separation. It has been one of the hardest decisions of my life yet, as the Endeavour was my dream SUV for quite a few years. I would have been okay with the model being discontinued but the manufacturer shutting shop in the country was a tad too much for me to live with. I am aware that I've taken this decision on a hunch and for all I know, Ford service levels might prove to be high quality in the years to come. However, I did not want to take a chance with such an expensive vehicle, especially since my usage was long hauls with family and not city runs.

Finally, my Endeavour heads to its new home today. I am very happy that it has been handed over to a wonderful gentleman who is also a TBHP member. From my short acquaintance with him, I can say for sure that he will love the car more than I did Here is wishing him lacs of happy and safe kilometers on the Endeavour. Also, my best wishes to all Ford owners out there - I sincerely hope that Ford keeps its promise and continues to provide great levels of support to its customers for many more years to come!

For now, signing off from this thread! Godspeed...

Last edited by cool_dube : 10th October 2021 at 16:26.
cool_dube is offline   (33) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 16:55   #514
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
...Finally, my Endeavour heads to its new home today. I am very happy that it has been handed over to a wonderful gentleman who is also a TBHP member...
Good News...Bad News. So 2 days ago as I head out to my local salon, the instrument display showed a spanner symbol followed by all errors associated with terrain management system....check 4x4 etc. advising me to take the Endeavour to the workshop. The ride handling was also affected as if in limp mode. Thankfully as images below indicate, the problem appeared to vanish when I restarted the engine on the way back from my appointment.

Once I get the Boxster S back from East London Porche service centre I shall be booking my Endeavour with Ford to run diagnostics. There is also a knocking sound from the glovebox each time the engine is switched off. I suspect this may be caused by a faulty actuator for one of the ventilator valve flaps or it's relay. Either way it did introduce an element of anxiety (not for the first time) however given all of the mixed emotions on this thread I'm trying to take it in my stride as part of the cost of ownership post warranty. No regrets
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_20211008_122925.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_20211008_135355.jpg  

Arbind Ray is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 21:17   #515
Senior - BHPian

First get your battery checked, and then the car scanned once the battery has been changed if that's the issue. You're about to sell it means just get it recharged.

As for the actuator - you're right. It is probably going to be the one that controls fresh air mode. Seems such a common failure, my SA had the part in stock and immediately produced it when I said actuator.

This is the Ford part number - AB3919E616AA

It is not printed on the part itself, I had to google the oem part number in this photo to get the ford part number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbind Ray View Post
Thankfully as images below indicate, the problem appeared to vanish when I restarted the engine on the way back from my appointment.

sound from the glovebox each time the engine is switched off. I suspect this may be caused by a faulty actuator for one of the ventilator valve flaps or it's relay. Either way it did introduce an element of anxiety (not for the first time)
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-actuator.jpeg  

Last edited by hserus : 10th October 2021 at 21:18.
hserus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 22:00   #516
BHPian

Quote:
First get your battery checked, and then the car scanned once the battery has been changed if that's the issue.
Larger higher rated battery [60Ah 590A to 80Ah 800A] replaced last year as pictured below. Since you've mentioned it I am minded to ask for it to be checked to be sure it's 100% while still under warranty.

Quote:
You're about to sell it means just get it recharged.
After shipping it from India I don't have any plans to sell.

Quote:
This is the Ford part number - AB3919E616AA
Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_20200408_130632.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_20200408_121703__01.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_20200408_145026.jpg  

Arbind Ray is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2021, 06:50   #517
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbind Ray View Post
Thank you.
Oh right yours is THAT endeavour.

The actuator part number I mentioned is in a 3.2 but I believe the aircon unit is the same as in the 2 litre model.
hserus is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 08:51   #518
BHPian

I strongly hope Tata takes the license to manufacture the Endeavour, Figo and Ecosport and market it in the subcontinent. If Tata can save JLR, they can save Ford owners too
RenuKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2021, 09:19   #519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I searched on OLX Pune for any lucrative deals on Ecosport/figo/freestyle, and I don't find any of the so called panic sellers. Has anyone witnessed such ads?
We need to understand people's psychology in such cases. At the current moment it becomes extremely difficult to justify a panic sale (for the seller) since his/her car is relatively new, not many problems exist and he/she has invested a substantial 40+ lakhs into a newish car. As his/her car gets older (say in the next two years) and they begin facing the hassles of lack of service centers, slow moving spare parts and enforcing warranty claims, the panic will set in. That's the time when you will see a flood of 2/5 year Endeavour selling for dirt cheap prices.
AirbusCapt is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 01:07   #520
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I finally did it

I took the (contrarian) decision to go ahead and picked up the FORD Endeavour 4WD before stocks run out

My color option was changed in last minute, but am happy with the diffused silver instead of the Black that was blocked for us

I got the Endeavour home on Thursday late evening from Satyam Ford Thane and so far spent 48 hours with in driving mostly in Mumbai city in and around Powai & a round of South Mumbai via Bandra world sea link, I also have a highway run planned next weekend (Mumbai-Goa)

In the two days of driving., I am quite impressed with the overall stability, airy feel inside and quiet nature of the cabin. My daughter loves flipping the 3rd row to make it fully flat and jumping ahead sometimes to be next to me or with my wife in the second row making traffic woes bearable and less stressful

I am exploring PPF options with 3M Venture shield and KAVACA (Ceramic pro guys) and went in to discuss with both today, and will take a call soon as this will be my primary for next 3-5 years at the very least and I have 3+2 year extended warranty too on this car

This vehicle being a global model & a mechanically solid package (IMO - VFM at this price point) makes me feel safe, and the existing user base of endeavour sure love this car

Cheers !! Hoping to have a lot of fun & adventures with my new set of wheels
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-5a199da6bce44f7d8a16dca0df320222.png  

sudhirdamo is offline   (59) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 04:28   #521
BHPian

Congratulations on buying a good car and going against the tide . I think it will serve you well for next 8- 10 years. Wishing you lakhs of happy miles on your new steed.
Sandeep500 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 23:16   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirdamo View Post
Hi Guys,

I finally did it
Congratulations !! Did the dealers provide any sweet deal considering Ford's exit?
ssateesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 03:00   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
Congratulations !! Did the dealers provide any sweet deal considering Ford's exit?
What “sweet deal”? Everybody is buying up remaining stocks of Endeavour and Ecosport at a rapid pace. I haven’t heard of any discounting.
hserus is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 08:32   #524
BHPian

True, There isn't much.. I practically paid full price with just some insurance support

Quote:
What “sweet deal”? Everybody is buying up remaining stocks of Endeavour and Ecosport at a rapid pace. I haven’t heard of any discounting.
sudhirdamo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 10:47   #525
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirdamo View Post
I took the (contrarian) decision to go ahead and picked up the FORD Endeavour 4WD before stocks run out
Many congratulations, Sudhir. Wishing you lacs of happy miles on the Endeavour. It is a lovely SUV that will plaster a grin on your face every time you are behind that wheel. I sincerely hope that Ford keeps its promise and continues to provide good levels of service to its customers.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks