Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2021, 11:30   #526
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirdamo View Post
I took the (contrarian) decision to go ahead and picked up the FORD Endeavour 4WD before stocks run out.
Many congratulations!

Took my car our for a weekend drive to M'baleshwar through some really bad roads including ghat section to Poladpur etc. Loved every bit of it!

The roads in MH are so bad - whether City Roads, National Highways, State Highways - take any! The car just glides thorough.

On ghats I drove in sports mode, it makes it far more comfortable to climb. In normal mode the engine strain is clearly felt.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th October 2021 at 17:11. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2021, 11:52   #527
BHPian

Thanks for the feedback

I have given the car for Kavaca PPF and will get it back by Friday I hope

Will do Goa this weekend, 600 km each way should give me a fair idea about the vehicle

I totally loved the space, build and stability.. I read about it’s full time 4WD and suppose it is superior to part time 4WD on fortuner and thar

I drove the new Thar for last six months and am looking for differences in the working of these two systems

I too hope Ford India keeps endeavour brand alive with a CBU option when the global refresh is announced in a year or two

If they do, it can make our existing vehicles more valuable if there is significant difference in price of 2022 endeavour and current one

Irrespective, I do think I will remain super happy with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Many congratulations!

On ghats I drove in sports mode, it makes it far more comfortable to climb. In normal mode the engine strain is clearly felt.
sudhirdamo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 16:59   #528

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudhirdamo View Post
I took the (contrarian) decision to go ahead and picked up the FORD Endeavour 4WD before stocks run out.
Congratulations Sudhir. I also got mine couple of weeks back against the tide and happy with the decision. Wish you lakhs of miles and trouble free ownership.

Last edited by aah78 : 19th October 2021 at 17:11. Reason: Quote trimmed, spacing.
gargmudit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:28   #529
AMT
BHPian

My Endeavour has done 4000 km, in about 7 months. I took it to the hills once and noticed a strange 'whirring' sound in the lower gears when I release the accelerator or use a heavy foot.

This sound persists back home as well. Took it to the service centre and they said there doesn't seem to be any issue but I can notice it every time I use a heavy foot on the accelerator or let go of it at lower speeds.

Has anyone else faced such an issue or know what the problem may be?

Also, I noticed a tik tik sound coming from behind the steering. Turned out to be the plastic holding the front windscreen, at the corner of the bonnet. The mechanic had done it several times over and fixed it in no time.

Last edited by Sheel : 21st October 2021 at 19:33. Reason: Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, MS, T-Fort, Endy, JC) when referring to cars or their makers. Thanks.
AMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:56   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT View Post
My Endy has done 4000 km, in about 7 months. I took it to the hills once and noticed a strange 'whirring' sound in the lower gears when I release the accelerator or use a heavy foot.
This is a known issue with all BSVI diesel engines with DPF. The engine sort of looses power at high altitude, and is quite evident above 14,000 feet.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:51   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I took it to the hills once and noticed a strange 'whirring' sound in the lower gears when I release the accelerator or use a heavy foot.
Never faced this issue during 9 months of ownership, including 3 trips to hills here in KA. Do you face this issue on plains (read regular driving) as well? The 2.0 lit engine does get quite vocal under hard acceleration, especially during hill climbs, but I do not recall hearing a "whirring" sound any time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
This is a known issue with all BSVI diesel engines with DPF. The engine sort of looses power at high altitude, and is quite evident above 14,000 feet.
AMT's post does not talk about loss of power anywhere. I don't think this has anything to do with BS6.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 17:49   #532
AMT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Do you face this issue on plains (read regular driving) as well?
Yes, in the plains too. The noise in itself isn't so much of a bother but to figure out what causes it is. The service centre guys can't seem to hear it or say minor noise in the lower gears is normal.

It's more prominent when I release accelerator after pressing it hard between gears 1-3. Strange.
Old 22nd October 2021, 18:05   #533
AMT
BHPian

This may not be the correct thread to bring this up but the fog lamps on the Endeavour look very out of place. Our Civic has white ones. Wonder if it's a good idea to change to the white ones on the Endeavour and if so, which ones to put?

Don't want to tamper with the wiring which may impact the warranty. Any help will be appreciated.
AMT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 22:09   #534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Never faced this issue during 9 months of ownership, including 3 trips to hills here in KA.
It is not about the gradient my friend, it is height of the hills above sea level. KA does not have any place where the atmosphere is so rarified like say, Ladakh. It is a known issue with many bs6 diesel engines. They do not take kindly to the rarefied atmosphere.
adg_andy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 05:18   #535
BANNED

Congratulations. Just curious to know if you were able to negotiate a irrefusable deal?
Old 28th October 2021, 10:27   #536
BHPian

Hi,

There was a rumour of 5 lakh discount which was not true

No major discounts were available in Mumbai region.. I was given 1.5 lakh off, and adjusted largely on insurance which is a inflated to start with

Delhi had about 2.5 lakh discount, and some insurance support.. but only one White 4WD
was available and was sold out pretty quick

Black and Diffused silver which were the two colours of choice and were available in Mumbai, so didn’t explore further

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
Congratulations. Just curious to know if you were able to negotiate a irrefusable deal?
Old 28th October 2021, 10:45   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
fog lamps on the Endeavour look very out of place
Halogen fog lamps provide better visibility in foggy conditions, compared to LED ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
It is not about the gradient my friend, it is height of the hills above sea level. KA does not have any place where the atmosphere is so rarified like say, Ladakh. It is a known issue with many bs6 diesel engines. They do not take kindly to the rarefied atmosphere.
Please read AMT's post again - it does not talk about loss of power anywhere. Moreover, the issue persists in plains as well. This has nothing to do with BS6.

Last edited by cool_dube : 28th October 2021 at 10:46.
Old 28th October 2021, 11:37   #538
BHPian

Quote:
This may not be the correct thread to bring this up but the fog lamps on the Endeavour look very out of place. Our Civic has white ones. Wonder if it's a good idea to change to the white ones on the Endeavour and if so, which ones to put?

Don't want to tamper with the wiring which may impact the warranty. Any help will be appreciated.
Hey, I would suggest to get HIDs installed in Fog Lamps, like something from FE Retrofits.
They work better than low beams as low beams and cover a very wide area.
Aniket6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2021, 11:57   #539
BHPian

I watched this recently.. couldn’t understand how the new 2.0 is more powerful than the 3.2

Does the 10 speed auto have a role to play, or is the torque delivered at a lower RPM compared to the 3.2

Old 9th November 2021, 11:13   #540
BHPian

Ford anytime warranty ( ATW) introduced

Seems, Ford India is serious about 'committed to Service'

https://www.india.ford.com/owner/anytime-warranty/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks