Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2020, 14:34   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Anshuman - how was the highway driving experience ? Particularly overtaking trucks.
Since you are right here in Good Gaon why don't we meet up after this lockdown.

It will be a difficult decision to spend 40 L of my own money to buy a FORD instead of a new Fortuner but lets see. Difficult decision.

In all these years I have not yet come out of my well established belief that FORD = Fault or repair daily.

An I cannot be blamed. I have pulled out over two hundred stuck Ford Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers ( The same car, much like Duster / Terrano combine ) during my fifteen years in the desert.

I don't quite like only three things in the Fortuner.
Only brown interior trim.
No Sunroof - not that it really matters but then why not ?
No self dimming rear view mirrors.

A clever way out is to take my wife and daughter to both the Ford and Toyota showrooms, show them both cars and then put it to their choice that they liked the Ford better!

Last edited by desertfox : 6th April 2020 at 14:39.
Old 6th April 2020, 16:18   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Another good video from CarsGuide featuring the Everest
A couple of things to note apart from the fact related to inclusion of Bi-Turbo 2.0 Everest (Single Turbo Everest is available in SE Asian markets only if I understand it correctly).
  • If Fortuner and mid-range Prado pricing were on same scale in India as close as they are in Australia (6k AUD difference is practically nothing ); the Prado would have eaten into a lot of Fortuner sales here too. There is no denying that Prado belongs to a different segment altogether.
  • Prado is sales king in Australia, much like Fortuner here in India. It is precisely this confusion which kept Toyota of not launching Fortuner there till this 3rd generation came along. Also, Prado availability at that price is precisely the reason why Fortuner gets bashed in Australia; else Australian situation would have been same as rest of the world where Everest competes with Fortuner, not Prado.
  • Leaving Australia aside, rest of the market competition is between Fortuner and Everest; be it South Africa or SE Asian markets. Therefore, my personal belief is that Australian comparison is an odd-one-out and therefore irrelevant for most head-to-head comparisons featuring Everest/Endeavour IMHO.

So it is okay to see Everest being compared to Prado, but it isn't a right comparison in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
I don't quite like only three things in the Fortuner.

Only brown interior trim.
No Sunroof - not that it really matters but then why not ?
No self dimming rear view mirrors.
Hi desertfox, it seems to me that you are clear in your mind about your preference for Fortuner, and basis your past ownership experiences, your concerns about Ford are absolutely valid.

I will let Anshuman reply to your queries in detail, however on the points above -
  • There was a camel color scheme available in BS4, check if it is available with BS6 vehicles (it should). And it is rather pleasant compared to brown interior trim.
    Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-image007.jpg
  • For some weird reasoning, Toyota hasn't offered sunroof across any global markets, so I believe this isn't an India specific thing. May be structural rigidity has something to do with this.
  • New Fortuner has auto dimming IRVM IIRC.

Last edited by Ace F355 : 6th April 2020 at 16:26.
Ace F355 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2020, 18:23   #48
BHPian

Loved your review... a 5-star from me without a doubt!

As a owner of the 3.2, share your concerns with the 2.0 - 3.2 is just amazing 'fun' to drive, let's just agree that it would have been difficult for Ford to match the 3.2! Maybe a foot-in-mouth comment, my hunch is that the BS6 replacement to 3.2 is yet to arrive - expecting the twin turbo to arrive soon.

And I take your suggestion - plan to hold on to the 3.2 for a long time...
Old 8th April 2020, 11:54   #49
BHPian

What a superb detailed review. And Ford certainly pulling out all the bells and whistles. 10 speed automatic, improved fuel efficiency, noise cancellation and very good driveability in the city.

Sedan drivers or hatchback drivers looking to upgrade, or ppl hitting the mid life crisis, but still want to retain mileage and city driveability while boasting of an suv- Now is the chance.

Cant wait for this to come to the used market ��
Old 12th April 2020, 16:25   #50
Senior - BHPian

The Sunroof is not possible in this Fortuner because the cold air ducts pass through the roof for the middle and rear vents. I have never had a sun roof in any of my past Prados Landcruiser or that old Fortuner.

I wouldn't quite mind a Ford as a company car. I had a Taurus for a couple of years and it was not without its fair share of problems.

I run my own business now. No company cars anymore. Spending my own money about Rs. 40 lakhs the price of a top end Landcruiser V8 globally for a Ford. Difficult decision for me really.
desertfox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th April 2020, 19:09   #51
BHPian

My first reply on the forum and its on this wonderful vehicle, Anshuman i make it a point to watch all your videos on youtube amazing content. I was looking forward to purchase the endeavour later this year mainly because i do a lot of highway runs and also like to explore the unexplored. With the new engine i know fuel efficiency will be great but will miss the 3.2. Want to know if Ford plans to launch the bi turbo or else is it better to go with a pre owned 3.2.

A 2019 model which was a TD car for a dealer is up for sale with around 12k kms. They are quoting 36. should i go for it and if yes whats the best bargain. I would love the new headlights though but lets see if its possible to retrofit.

New to the forum and my 1st post. Love the endeavour but want to know if Ford has plans for a bi turbo if yes will postpone my purchase decision by another 6 to 8 months, also getting a good deal on a used TD car done around 12k kms. Dealer asking 36 for it, its a 2019 facelift model. What would be the best bargain price for it?

Mod Note : Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD!

To know how to multi-quote, click here.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 18th April 2020 at 19:25. Reason: Mod note attached.
HYPERTOURER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 12:04   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HYPERTOURER View Post
My first reply on the forum and its on this wonderful vehicle, Anshuman i make it a point to watch all your videos on Youtube amazing content. I was looking forward to purchase the endeavour later this year mainly because i do a lot of highway runs and also like to explore the unexplored. With the new engine i know fuel efficiency will be great but will miss the 3.2. Want to know if Ford plans to launch the bi turbo or else is it better to go with a pre owned 3.2.

A 2019 model which was a TD car for a dealer is up for sale with around 12k kms. They are quoting 36. should i go for it and if yes whats the best bargain. I would love the new headlights though but lets see if its possible to retrofit.

New to the forum and my 1st post. Love the endeavour but want to know if Ford has plans for a bi turbo if yes will postpone my purchase decision by another 6 to 8 months, also getting a good deal on a used TD car done around 12k kms. Dealer asking 36 for it, its a 2019 facelift model. What would be the best bargain price for it?
Ford might not get the bi-turbo version due to costs, so your best chances are a pre-owned 3.2

A TD vehicle would have had multiple drivers testing it to the limits, 12K KM is significant and no reason to consider it unless you get a substantial discounts?

Why not consider a few well maintained ones listed in the t-bhp classifieds:

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ndeavour.html/

http://classifieds.team-bhp.com/buy-...ndeavour.html/

Last edited by AirWind : 20th April 2020 at 12:05.
AirWind is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 12:23   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
A TD vehicle would have had multiple drivers testing it to the limits, 12K KM is significant and no reason to consider it unless you get a substantial discounts?
Just to let u know, i have seen the vehicle for the past one year and even though it was a TD vehicle it has been used by the owners privately. Moreover in my city I would have hardly seen around 20 endeavours. So very less chances of people taking a TD for it too. 12k kms is decent for a years use plus I know the owner of the showroom well so might as well get a decent deal.
Should I still consider it? Most used examples I see are around the 30o to 40k kms used mark.
Old 20th April 2020, 12:58   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Just to let u know, i have seen the vehicle for the past one year and even though it was a TD vehicle it has been used by the owners privately. Moreover in my city I would have hardly seen around 20 endeavours. So very less chances of people taking a TD for it too. 12k kms is decent for a years use plus I know the owner of the showroom well so might as well get a decent deal.
Should I still consider it? Most used examples I see are around the 30o to 40k kms used mark.
Since you know the usage then go for it... negotiate best pricing and add'l warranty for that piece of mind, all the best, cheers!
AirWind is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 13:05   #55
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
i have seen the vehicle for the past one year and even though it was a TD vehicle it has been used by the owners privately.

Mostly I have seen such justification in higher segment vehicles, like an LX or RR Vogue here so in a smaller town it's possible that Ford dealership can't keep a seperate TD Endeavour. Even though owners are using, these will still be available to most potential customers.

I am not aware about the overheads at your place but you are still getting the vehicle above Ex-showroom price. My suggestion will be to hold on for a few weeks and let this get over. You will see much more options, not just in the segment you are shopping but even beyond coming in your range.

Many people will lose Jobs or will see lower business income. It's best not to commit anything.

Last edited by Turbanator : 20th April 2020 at 13:07.
Turbanator is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th April 2020, 13:28   #56
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Mostly I have seen such justification in higher segment vehicles, like an LX or RR Vogue here so in a smaller town it's possible that Ford dealership can't keep a seperate TD Endeavour. Even though owners are using, these will still be available to most potential customers.

I am not aware about the overheads at your place but you are still getting the vehicle above Ex-showroom price. My suggestion will be to hold on for a few weeks and let this get over. You will see much more options, not just in the segment you are shopping but even beyond coming in your range.

Many people will lose Jobs or will see lower business income. It's best not to commit anything.
True, the purchase will be sometime during the monsoon. My budget is 25 but I can stretch a bit if I'm getting a good vehicle and this is going to be my primary everything vehicle. I do my road trips on bikes but going everywhere isn't possible on them and that's why the need.

Off topic
I'm also considering looking at a used German sedan if I get at around 25 something like the 530d or an A6 I will use it for a year and keep changing, that way I can have an experience at a wide range of vehicles.
Old 10th May 2020, 16:49   #57
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertfox View Post
In all these years I have not yet come out of my well established belief that FORD = Fault or repair daily.

An I cannot be blamed. I have pulled out over two hundred stuck Ford Explorers and Mercury Mountaineers ( The same car, much like Duster / Terrano combine ) during my fifteen years in the desert.
I can totally understand. I had a Ford Focus when I lived int he US and it would get recalled every other month for some safety or power-train fix. The car was quite unreliable. But after returning to India, I realized that the Fords we got here after the 2010 Figo & Fiesta were from the European arm of Ford. These were designed and engineered entirely differently and had great reliability and drive-ability, also low on maintenance costs. I have been driving an Ecosport TDCi since 2013 and it has excellent reliability. The Endeavour, of course, is created by Ford Australia - again with different genes than the terrible Explorers that used to be all over the US in the 90s and 2000s.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 11:17   #58
BHPian

Current-gen Ford Endeavour won’t get twin-turbo version of new 2.0-litre diesel engine.

Quote:
If you’ve been hoping for a more powerful iteration of the BS6 Ford Endeavour, there’s some bad news for you. Ford has ruled out the more powerful twin-turbo iteration of its new 2.0-litre diesel engine for the current generation Endeavour in India.

The Endeavour made the transition to BS6 earlier this year with a new four-cylinder, 2.0-litre diesel engine, referred to as ‘Panther’ within Ford. However, while the India-spec Endeavour solely gets the 170hp single-turbo version of the engine, a 213hp, twin-turbo version is also offered in other markets where the SUV is sold as the ‘Everest’.

In terms of power and torque, the new 213hp and 500Nm, 2.0 twin-turbo would have been a fitting replacement for the old Endeavour’s now-discontinued 3.2-litre five-cylinder unit which made 200hp and 470Nm. Producing 170hp and 420Nm of torque, the single-turbo iteration of the new engine is essentially a replacement for the old BS4-compliant 2.2-litre unit.

India will get the 2.0-litre twin-turbocharged Panther diesel engine but only on the next-gen Endeavour. The model - codename U704 - is not expected to arrive before the second half of 2021, following its debut in international markets. Spy images of the next-gen Endeavour on test suggest the SUV will have upright proportions but will feature a more prominent grille and slim headlights. Images of the cabin too have hinted at substantial changes.
Sad news for enthusiasts who were looking for a twin-turbo variant in the current generation Endeavour.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-engine-417065
karan0009 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2020, 14:03   #59
BHPian

Would someone know if the twin turbo bought as a OE from other markets (say Philippines, Thailand or Australia) be a direct swap to the single turbo version available in the Ford Endeavour 2.0 in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan0009 View Post
Current-gen Ford Endeavour won’t get twin-turbo version of new 2.0-litre diesel engine.

Sad news for enthusiasts who were looking for a twin-turbo variant in the current generation Endeavour.
Old 12th May 2020, 22:13   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirWind View Post
Would someone know if the twin turbo bought as a OE from other markets (say Philippines, Thailand or Australia) be a direct swap to the single turbo version available in the Ford Endeavour 2.0 in India?
I don't think it would be as simple as an OE Swap, would definitely require some physical adjustments and fine tuning various components such as ECM, PCM, TCM and much more to get that desired and stable output.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks