Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2020, 00:19   #76
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
Is there a factual data sheet saying the new Panther engine in higher tune sold internationally indeed deploys two individual low and high stage turbos?
LionX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 14:55   #77
BHPian

Got an average of 13 km with 70 percent city plus 30 percent highway. Doesn't seem too shabby as it hasn't even completed the run in period yet.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-20200630_142328.jpg  

rahul_jo is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 12th July 2020, 17:03   #78
BHPian

Hello bhpians

I have a question on the Endeavour purchase (if any in the lockdown period)

Lots of dealers are offering very decent discounts on premium cars

Does anyone have experience of buying an Endeavour 2.0 between Apr-Jul 2020. If yes, did you get decent discounts ?

I am looking to buy this car as an upgrade to my XUV and can time my purchase any of the following times:

1. Now and make the most of covid discounts
2. Wait till nov-dec and enjoy year end discounts + clarity on bi-turbo hitting the indian markets
3. Buy in March 2021 post worst of covid behind us (hopefully)

With option 3 I get to enjoy depreciation as well as can ensure roads are open and there are no lockdowns so I can actually enjoy driving vs just office commute during lockdown

However, if say 2-3 lakhs can be saved, I dont mind investing now or towards end of the calendar year

Any advice?
Old 12th July 2020, 19:59   #79
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
I have a question on the Endeavour purchase (if any in the lockdown period)
1. Now and make the most of covid discounts
2. Wait till nov-dec and enjoy year end discounts + clarity on bi-turbo hitting the indian markets
3. Buy in March 2021 post worst of covid behind us (hopefully)
As to my knowledge Sir in Mumbai currently there are no discounts, since the product was recently facelifted. Ford was supposed to increase prices by ₹70K but hasn’t done it yet.

I would personally recommend option 2 ie. wait for year end discounts and the bi-turbo will come only with the next-gen Endeavour (which I believe will come sometime in 2021).

But still you can ask dealerships if discounts are present since some dealers could be providing one on the stock they have.

Mod Note - Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Thanks.

Last edited by Sheel : 14th July 2020 at 23:28. Reason: Mod note attached.
Old 14th July 2020, 23:08   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikram31 View Post
Hello bhpians

Does anyone have experience of buying an Endeavour 2.0 between Apr-Jul 2020. If yes, did you get decent discounts ?
I bought one. There were no discounts and there won't be any for a long time to come.

Even when they do discount it (which they did in the case of BS4 models). It wasn't as tempting as what you get while buying a German car. I mean, BMW would casually shave off 6-12 lacs on the on road price.

But ford just wouldn't. I mean, a 50k to 1 Lac discount on a car which is almost 40 lac on road doesn't tempt me too much. The only other thing they might do for you in terms of a discount would be that they might offer the basic kit and accessories for free.

Now to answer the final question. Should you go for it right now or should you wait until 2021? If there is no financial burden and you don't need to lock this money for something else, then by all means go for it.

They claim that the bi-turbo might arrive around 2021, but push it another year or two realistically. Can you actually see yourself waiting until 2022?

Last edited by rahul_jo : 14th July 2020 at 23:11.
Old 25th July 2020, 12:57   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991.2GT3 View Post
...Only thing i wish my car had is Apple Carplay and Navigation. (the facelift addressed these in 2019)
Hi 991...my 2016 (Aug/Sept) version of the 3.2 Titanium came with Sync 2 ICE which was equipped with onboard GPS antenna that was operational. When I ordered the Endeavour I had unequivocally specified inbuilt SatNav and was pleasantly surprised when I was only charged INR 7k. Naturally I was disappointed with the dealership on day of collection as they were giving me a portable gadget. I declined to accept it as I wasn't keen on trailing cable that would be visible when connected notwithstanding the fact it would not have been integrated, and certainly not what I had asked for.

Then followed a circular debate with Ford Customer Services who could not handle my query with competence. Eventually I received a phone call from them saying the Endeavour (at least the APIM) needed to be sent to their Chennai factory for the upgrade which would cost in excess of INR 1 Lakh!. It was quite annoying and at the time I thought there must be a workable solution to this. On YouTube I found videos made in Thailand and UK by technicians (& knowledgeable enthusiasts alike) who were able to upgrade their Sync 2 with ELM 2 OBD connector and Forscan software running on their laptop. A glimmer of hope I thought at last. I scoured these forums and was unable to find similar success stories. "When was I ever going to bring my Endeavour to the UK" I recall thinking to myself

Some of you may already be aware I DID ship my Endeavour from India to the UK earlier this year (hot thread link below)

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-india-uk.html (I exported my Ford Endeavour from India to the UK!)

Yesterday [24.7.2020] I finally drove 2 hours from London to the Audio Centre run by the technician whose YouTube video I had watched a while back. Sure enough, for gbp 199 my Sync 2 had been upgraded to include latest F8 mapping which includes road coverage, POI and maximum speed limits for the entire UK. Obviously I'm pleased with the outcome.

Maybe the above service is now being offered in India by now? As long as the compass works and your Endeavor has an SD Card slot it should be possible to add Satellite Navigation to your Synch 2 without the need for any additional equipment.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th July 2020 at 13:13. Reason: Removing non-standard smilie.
Arbind Ray is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 01:30   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbind Ray View Post
Hi 991...my 2016 (Aug/Sept) version of the 3.2 Titanium came with Sync 2 ICE...

Chennai factory for the upgrade which would cost in excess of INR 1 Lakh!.

Maybe the above service is now being offered in India by now? As long as the compass works and your Endeavor has an SD Card slot it should be possible
Hi Arbind, even mine is Aug/Sept 2016.. i remember the dealer offering navigation as a ~1L paid option which we skipped.

Read your Endeavour import thread sometime back, really enjoyed reading and getting a detailed behind the scenes of how one goes about doing the same.

Interesting, i've honestly never inquired about the same from the service guys but would definitely look into it. My car does have a compass and a SD slot, do you know if it's possible to upgrade to SYNC 3 without changing the hardware? I am more keen to get Carplay, if possible, makes life easier. Navigation would be an added bonus too no doubt!

Happy motoring
Archit

Mod Note : Please do NOT use acronyms (e.g. ANHC, T-Fort, Endy) when referring to cars. You are ONLY permitted to use the full Make & Model name for cars. This will make our content useful, searchable & easy-to-understand for experts & newbies alike.

Any further usage of acronyms will invite Moderator action on your account.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 26th July 2020 at 06:19. Reason: Mod note attached.
991.2GT3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2020, 16:02   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 991.2GT3 View Post
Hi Arbind, even mine is Aug/Sept 2016.. i remember the dealer offering navigation as a ~1L paid option which we skipped. ....do you know if it's possible to upgrade to SYNC 3 without changing the hardware? I am more keen to get Carplay, if possible, makes life easier. Navigation would be an added bonus too no doubt!

Happy motoring
Archit
Hi Archit. I might have abandoned the quest of integrating SatNav with the Sync 2 already in a vehicle that I had paid handsomely for which I barely used during my trips to India. Even when I was back home in typing an address into the SatNav of my Jaguar XJ L, I would be thinking "what if...I could do the same with my Indian SUV". A moot point I thought since the Sync 3 had been introduced in Endeavours that were sold soon after. My first exposure to these forums was the result of seeking answers.

Recently I did wonder whether to add to the budget and upgrade to Sync 3 instead. This necessitated replacement of the APIM which even at pre-owned prices (salvaged modules are available from newer post collision write-offs) however this not only detracted from maintaining the vehicle's stock item such as the Sync 2, it introduced elements of uncertainty I wasn't prepared to take on. Plus the main challenge for me was overcoming the years of denial Ford have insisted on with it's customers. You'll find out from searching on YouTube that this practice was not limited to India alone as customers in the UK, USA and Thailand have overcome this by resorting to minor software modifications.

Those more adventurous have indeed replaced hardware to incorporate Android Auto, Apple Carplay etc to the extent they can watch Netflix, YouTube and other channels on their existing screens. I had all that factory fitted in my Jaguar and apart from watching Boris Johnson live during Prime Minister's Questions in Westminster Parliament on Wednesdays if we happened to be out shopping, I found I hardly ever used any of the media features that were included. On occasion I'd use the built-in laptop table in the back for my iPad, friends and family would use the rear remote with Bluetooth headphones independent to left/right inbuilt 10" screens to watch a range of options such as DVD, television or video file stored on USB stick...all while enjoying the inbuilt seat massager. What I'm driving at is sometimes it's best getting the right product for the job if available, preferably from the outset. While driving I benefit greatly from having SatNav on the dashboard screen. I prefer watching films in my home theater or at the cinema and nothing beats trained human hands when it comes to that well deserved sports massage :)

Anyway, with Bluetooth I was able to get the most out of my Sync 2 before the recent addition of SatNav. Will be interested in reading successful implementation of turn by turn directions with SatNav built into the Sync 2 on the Endeavour or other Ford on by fellow BHPians who were told by Ford is was not possible :deadhorse
Arbind Ray is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2020, 16:09   #84
Senior - BHPian

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel prices increased in the range of ₹44,000 to ₹1.20 lakh.

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-smartselect_20200807160854_chrome.jpg

https://auto.hindustantimes.com/auto...785756774.html
Old 7th August 2020, 16:16   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel prices increased in the range of ₹44,000 to ₹1.20 lakh
This is ridiculous, given the current market scenario. With this hike, the on-road price of the 4x4 variant comes to the tune of 44 lac in Bangalore! This will further widen the gap in sales numbers across Endeavour and its key rival, the Fortuner.
Old 17th August 2020, 22:37   #86
BHPian

Can someone shed some light on this? Ford recently recalled all cars built from 2017-2019 over 10 speed gearbox transmission issues - https://www.9news.com.au/motoring/fo...c-8de99918a046

I bought my endeavour 2.0 a few months ago and it was manufactured in 2020. I am just slightly concerned if mine is also an affected one or did they address this before their official India launch.

P.S After doing a little research, the 2017-18 F-150 has had many issues with this new 10 speed transmission. Some owners complained about the transmission shifting too harshly and in some cases many experienced a total loss of power under sudden acceleration.

Last edited by rahul_jo : 17th August 2020 at 22:40.
rahul_jo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 02:41   #87
BHPian

2020 Endevour Titanium Plus 4x2: White beast delivered at Home during the Pandemic:

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-23c3371a9ce74bd794f91f3a2ed8a557.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-d3440745c22541bdbedea11f355d8794.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-32a675f326564554ae9517c9463f1de7.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-7f8353578cf44c159e11803541f6832b.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-74f443c9601943c9b4c4a65dd2ef8471.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-cd9ea7a19fb84c568299d2bbcdc3e7a9.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-e6b78ac027c8418589e355d2b539a719.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-73b398cc9fbc4ede808d391402be3317.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-98d6c1999ce544d6a58a3c8bcaffbb73.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-ba53592b2dbc41caa7802303a4a41e56.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-da9d97ab35764d139f114f424d140557.jpeg
Parth Oomphy is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 12:04   #88
Senior - BHPian

A Karoq and now an Endeavour. Next one should be a BMW X7 or Audi Q8. Congratulations. But curious as to the need for two SUVs simultaneously.
adi_petrolhead is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2020, 12:44   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_petrolhead View Post
A Karoq and now an Endeavour. Next one should be a BMW X7 or Audi Q8. Congratulations. But curious as to the need for two SUVs simultaneously.
Thanks
Karoq is basically my DAD’s personal car: a great self driven vehicle especially for cities, easy to manage, luxurious & comfortable. I urged him to buy the Karoq because I did’nt want him to stop driving altogether (which he did since past 5 years at least) so that he need not depend on the driver every time. Karoq has reborn his love for driving again & it gives him confidence that he can manoeuvre the car in the city himself (which he didn’t get in the sedans we have).
Talking about the Endy, I agree it’s not that luxurious/premium (especially the interiors), but it’s very comfortable for long distance cruising & it’s a go anywhere car which gives you a sense of confidence & peace of mind on our Indian roads. I love Big SUVs & you can call it an upgrade to my XUV 500 W10 (although Surprisingly, XUV also has some pros over endy, which I found out comparing it side by side. I’ll mention those advantages in some later post, maybe when I write an ownership review of the Endy).
Talking about X7, Q7, I don’t wanna buy these luxury SUVs simply because purchasing them is a different thing (one time payment) & maintaining one (especially after 3-4 years) is a different story altogether. Small repairs or usual service can run me into Lakhs & I don’t take my cars to a non-authorised service station (& Dont prefer buying 2nd hand either). So, I’ll save my money and buy Skodas & VWs of the world & experience some amount of German engineering feel instead of dropping a bomb just for the sake of the luxury badge. I’m thinking practically here

Last edited by Parth Oomphy : 18th August 2020 at 13:10.
Parth Oomphy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2020, 22:03   #90
BHPian

Great report Anshuman!

I have been lusting after an Endeavour since it's launch in 2016. I personally know about 4 folks who have the 3.2 Titanium. Every single time i travel with one of them i get tempted to buy an Endeavour.

As my Crysta EMI nears completion there is a strong urge to pick up a nice car (while keeping the Crysta). I test drove the 3GT 330i, 320d and Endeavour yesterday. I will not elaborate on the experience with the 2 BMWs but I decided that my next car will be the Endeavour for various reasons. I am not considering the Fortuner given I already have a Crysta. While that may be absurd logic to many it is what it is!

Here are my observations and from a BHPian friend who also owns a 3.2 Titanium bought last year:
  • Low end felt better on the 2 litre than the 3.2 hence this will be a lot more manoeuvrable within the city
  • Ride quality felt much more sorted on the 2 litre and while there aren't any changes we both felt it
  • I touched 100 on the highway and the care didn't go beyond the 8th gear. This probably could be due to me still accelerating and not cruising
  • As has been mentioned by many the gearbox is fantastic and way ahead of what is there on the Crysta (and by extension Fortuner) and Endeavour 3.2 Titanium and it makes driving an extremely relaxed affair
  • Engine is barely audible inside the car even at idle and more so when on the move

I am not a very fast driver and don't even use the maximum potential of my modified GT TSI so I was ok with the power output on the 2 litre Endeavour. As things stand I may pick this up by April or May next year if not earlier (depends on how the appraisal goes next year).

Any news on the bi-turbo coming to India as I'd really not want to be in a situation where I buy the 2 litre one and then the bi-turbo one comes 6 months down the line. I can probably wait for some more time as this is more of a want than need.
miharbe is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed