Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 1st February 2021, 17:27   #181
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i;
I know this is a stupid way to test a car's power...
I happened to watch it last night and immediately thought of this thread. I too found it unhelpful although was surprised purely on the weight/resistance alone that the 2 litre variant pulled away once gaining traction. This method of validating efficacy however raises more questions than answers.

Last edited by Sheel : 1st February 2021 at 17:35. Reason: Broken quote tag fixed.
Arbind Ray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2021, 15:08   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330i View Post
At the end of the video, the 2.0 endeavour wins.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbind Ray View Post
I too found it unhelpful although was surprised purely on the weight/resistance alone that the 2 litre variant pulled away once gaining traction.
I saw this video earlier, but will take it with a pinch of salt, as there are quite a few factors that come into play here. The 2.0's gearbox is fabulous and does a great job of getting into the torque-band much quicker than the 3.2's (as it can skip gears much faster), and hence the early pull.

In my test drives of 2.0, I did not get a feeling of being under-powered at any point but I could "feel" the engine getting strained as soon as I pressed the throttle, before relenting, which will never be the case with bigger pots. The 2.0 was most comfortable while highway cruising in 8th-10th gears. Overall, I found it to be the right choice for flat highway runs and city runabouts, as opposed to demanding terrains.
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 00:32   #183
BHPian

Dear All,

This is my 1st post on Team-BHP.
I am planning to buy my 1st car and my budget is between 35-40L slightly stretchable. I am an SUV lover, so have options,
1. Tucson - Build quality seems good, but lots of features missing for the price tag. Also, ground clearance is not par for SUV.
2. Jeep Compass - Found it a bit smaller for the premium price tag, and again ground clearance not great.
3. Tata Safari - Not sure if it's wise to invest 25-30L on a Tata product!
4. Ford Endeavour 2.0 4x4 - The only question is can 2L engine manage hill to climb hills? Is power adequate? I do have 4X2 as an option as I won't be doing proper offroading, but i have a concern of traction over wet terrains for 4x2 RWD.
Can anyone who owns Ford Endeavour 2.0 please share the experience?

Thanks in advance!
Old 11th February 2021, 08:27   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
Can anyone who owns Ford Endeavour 2.0 please share the experience?
Hi! I am on a similar boat too. Decided on the Safari.

Explaining my decision below:

From amongst the options you have given, the Safari seems most VFM incase you are okay with a 2WD.
For a 4wd of course it is the Endeavour.

However you could consider a combo of Safari and Thar which would cost you around the same as a top end Endeavour / Fortuner.

Having driven both the Endeavour and Safari, I would say you will not find a difference justifying a premium of 10-15 lakhs.

With regards to service quality of Tata, I believe it should not be a problem considering the success of harrier. Moreover problems if any, would be on par with that of Ford.

One thing that personally stopped me from considering Endeavour, despite liking it is the future existence of Ford in our market.

Note from Support: Typos, spacing fixed.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th February 2021 at 05:21. Reason: See note. Please run a spell-check.
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 20:23   #185
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to buy my 1st car and my budget is between 35-40L slightly stretchable. I am an SUV lover, so have options,
IMHO the Endeavour is the clear winner of all the four.

Even with its 170 bhp engine, the 4x4 Endeavour is a very capable off-roader and is a pleasure to drive on the highways.

It's ride quality is very car-like and with the third row of its seats down, it offers fantastic boot space which is extremely useful if you want to carry a lot of luggage on those long distance trips.

P. S. The Safari is more of a rugged MUV than a SUV, so it really doesn't find a place in this comparison.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th February 2021 at 05:21. Reason: Quote trimmed.
SgtRepeat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 20:26   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by db DrivE View Post
One thing that personally stopped me from considering endeavour, despite liking it is the future existence of ford in our market.
Ford doesn't seem to be leaving the Indian market anytime soon.

Check out the following article:
https://www.indiacarnews.com/news/ne...in-2022-44510/
SgtRepeat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 01:23   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Hi !
I am on a similar boat too. Decided on the safari. Explaining my decision below:

From amongst the options you have given, the Safari seems most VFM incase you are okay with a 2wd.
For a 4wd of course it is the endeavour.
Yes, kind of agree on Safari but only when compared with 4X2 Endeavour. Which again narrows down the price difference and I feel that extra premium is justified for the build quality and muscular road presence of endeavour.

Regarding Ford's existence in India, I believe they are here to stay at least for the next 2-5 years or maybe more! Few points to back my belief,
1. They are working on Eco-Sport facelift
2. Soon to launch mid Size SUV, to fill the segment gap between Eco-Sport and Endeavour Ref: https://motoroctane.com/news/214831-...rs-15-lakh-suv
3. Anurag Mehrotra back in the driver’s seat at Ford India Ref: https://www.autocarpro.in/news-natio...rd-india-78384
4. Ford has also decided to call it a day in Brazil as part of its new global strategy which means that there is a lot riding on India.
5. On the export front, Ford India currently is in the third-place position, after Hyundai Motor India and Maruti Suzuki India. Between April-December 2020, Ford India shipped 39,775 units. The Ecosport SUV, with 35,033 units, remains India’s most exported model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
IMHO the Endeavour is the clear winner of all the four.

Even with its 170 bhp engine, the 4x4 Endeavour is a very capable off-roader and is a pleasure to drive on the highways.

Its ride quality is very car-like and with the third row of its seats down, it offers fantastic boot space which is extremely useful if you want to carry a lot of luggage on those long-distance trips.

P. S. The Safari is more of a rugged MUV than an SUV, so it really doesn't find a place in this comparison.
Yes agee on this.

Still waiting for Endeavour 2.0 owner reviews and feedbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
In my test drives of 2.0, I did not get a feeling of being under-powered at any point but I could "feel" the engine getting strained as soon as I pressed the throttle, before relenting, which will never be the case with bigger pots. The 2.0 was most comfortable while highway cruising in 8th-10th gears. Overall, I found it to be the right choice for flat highway runs and city runabouts, as opposed to demanding terrains.
I see your posts in most of the related thread since I started my research in deciding Endeavour 2.0. Did you finalize b/w Fortuner and Endeavour? Personally Fortuner for me 3L above my budget clearly.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 12th February 2021 at 05:21. Reason: Merged back-to-back posts + trimmed quoted posts.
Old 12th February 2021, 15:40   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Having driven both the Endeavour and Safari, I would say you will not find a difference justifying a premium of 10-15 lakhs.
This is not an apple-to-apple comparison as both of these SUVs belong to different segments altogether.

Quote:
One thing that personally stopped me from considering Endeavour, despite liking it is the future existence of ford in our market.
This should not be a concern at all. Ford India is here to stay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtRepeat View Post
P. S. The Safari is more of a rugged MUV than a SUV
Agreed. The new Safari does not do justice to its moniker

Quote:
I see your posts in most of the related thread since I started my research in deciding Endeavour 2.0. Did you finalize b/w Fortuner and Endeavour?
After a lot of deliberation, I have finally decided to go with the Endeavour. While I might not have a whole lot of objective data points to back this decision up, I can say for sure that the "connect" I feel every time I take the driver's seat on the Endeavour and hold its steering wheel, is something I do not feel at all with the Fortuner. After a lot of analysis paralysis, I realized that the only two factors which go for the Fortuner (strictly from my point of view, of course) are engine performance and perceived reliability. I was okay to forego both of these for a lot that the Endeavour scores over the Fortuner at. Eventually, I did not want to land up in a situation wherein I was ogling at every Endeavour that I come across while driving a Fortuner, after spending so much
cool_dube is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 16:47   #189
BHPian

Quote:
This is not an apple-to-apple comparison as both of these SUVs belong to different segments altogether.
True.Absolutely agree with the fact that it is not an apple to apple comparison.

I have test driven the Endeavour and really liked it.

Chose the Safari because I had no confidence in ford staying here (considering the other American brands).

We usually keep a car for 3-5 years and Endeavour makes a very good choice.
Used a Fortuner for 6 years earlier and the new one did not attract us.

The confidence being shown in this thread on Ford staying here is making me reconsider my choice with Safari.

It would be really helpful if you could support your statement saying Ford India is here to stay.

Quote:
Regarding Ford's existence in India, I believe they are here to stay at least for the next 2-5 years or maybe more!
Thanks for backing up with reasons.
It does make me think more about it now.

Note from Support: Typos fixed. Please run a spell-check before posting. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 14th February 2021 at 05:24. Reason: Posts merged. Quotes trimmed. Use MULTI-QUOTE/QUOTE+ please. Thanks!
db DrivE is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 19:56   #190
BHPian

Quote:
It would be really helpful if you could support your statement saying Ford India is here to stay.
Just to get alternate perspective on the boot space problem which I could not get my head around for Safari, how have you reconciled with that? Assuming buying a 7 seater means that intention is to use it that way with 3 rows up.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th February 2021 at 05:24. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 12th February 2021, 21:43   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Just to get alternate perspective on the boot space problem which I could not get my head around for Safari, how have you reconciled with that? Assuming buying a 7 seater means that intention is to use it that way with 3 rows up.
Had a tough time initially after witnessing the boot.

In all these years since 2005 or so, we hardly used a 7 seater as a 7 seater with luggage.

Usually on long drives it is 4-5 of us plus the luggage, for which folding the seats should be fine.
For city drives, we never carried a lot of luggage when we were 7 in the car.

From my experience, no 7 seater can be used comfortably as a full time 7 seater with loads of luggage.

So filtered down from Fortuner/Endeavour to either Safari/Harrier.
Of course the option to use those two seats when needed, and to recline and use the middle row on long drives made me choose the Safari.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th February 2021 at 05:25. Reason: Typos fixed. Quote trimmed.
Old 13th February 2021, 13:39   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, the 'connect' factor is something which is felt better than expressed!
I checked with JSP Ford JP Nagar, they said no discount from Ford and 50k discount from showroom side. 2-3 week delivery for White/Black 1 week 1 month for diffused silver. I really liked Titanium+ Black, a bit worried about maintaining it. Which color are you planning to buy? Did you find a better discount/deal elsewhere?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by aah78 : 14th February 2021 at 05:25. Reason: Quote trimmed.
Old 13th February 2021, 14:28   #193
BHPian

I am also in the same boat and almost finalizing 4x2 with cauvery ford and trying to bargain my best for a good deal. Would the dealer give us a better discount if the three folks book it together? I see all three of us interested in buying are from Bangalore.

Has anyone evaluated VW Tiguan all space? Is it worth exploring?
Old 14th February 2021, 00:44   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dust_Harl View Post
VW Tiguan is petrol, soft-roader with less ground clearance, pricey and not a roomy seven-seater. Also maintenance I think is slightly more than Ford. Whereas Ford Endeavour is more of a complete package. Since you are comparing it 4x2, really depends on what your need is.

Yes, 3 bookings together should crack some good discount. I am game for it!
motomonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2021, 19:17   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I really liked Titanium+ Black, a bit worried about maintaining it. Which color are you planning to buy? Did you find a better discount/deal elsewhere?
I have booked a black and fretting at the thought of maintaining it

Like every other auto manufacturer, the semiconductor/steel shortage has hit Ford India real bad, and production is very slow and erratic. My delivery date continues to get pushed from early-Feb to mid-Feb, and now end-Feb.

No discounts whatsoever on 2021 Endeavour and all 2020-manufactured cars are gone, as the demand is quite high. What I am being told is that many folks who were on the fence, waiting for the Fortuner facelift, have decided to go with the Endeavour given the atrocious price hike on the former - not sure if this is true or just dealer talk!

Quote:
Would the dealer give us a better discount if the three folks book it together?
I doubt it. I checked with my dealer (PPS) and he was very clear that even 10 bookings will not get us a discount. I am sure Ford India/dealers have realized that the Endeavour is now being perceived all the more VFM post the Fortuner facelift launch.

Quote:
Again, an apple to orange comparison IMO. It is a lovely vehicle but a soft-roader at best. BTW, the Endeavour RWD is even better VFM compared to the 4WD.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed