Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2021, 16:37   #226
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Eventually, I did not want to land up in a situation wherein I was ogling at every Endeavour that I come across while driving a Fortuner, after spending so much
In March 2016, I had test driven the Toyota Fortuner's predecessor to it's new avatar. As the new Ford Endeavour had not yet been released in India I waited a few months before taking a decision to buy. I do recall however at the time the following thoughts;

- steering was not precise i.e. one had to constantly adjust the wheel to keep it straight

- ride quality was not as smooth as I had hoped

- turning radius was quite wide

- I did like it's exterior look...even better than the new shape

It was during my return visit to India mid July that I booked a test drive of the new Ford Endeavour at Capital Ford, Bhubaneswar and immediately found the experience favourable so I booked the 3.2 Titanium 4x4 in Sunset Red which was delivered in September.

Post note: when visiting Delhi on couple occasions a client would hire a chauffeur driven (new) Toyota Fortuner for my convenience during my stays. Admittedly, as a passenger I found the middle row quite spacious compared to the Endeavour. Since I enjoy driving I'm glad to have chosen Ford for it's capabilities along with safety aspects at that price point.

Quote:
I have booked a black and fretting at the thought of maintaining it
Congratulations cool_dube! Yes, it will need constant attention but will attract tons of attention too. Depending on how long you aim to keep it, if at all possible do try to treat your Endeavour to a protective coat while the paintwork is still new. That way a simple jetwash with minimal abrasive contact will leave it shining at least for three years. Not sure what's available in India...I used GardX here in the UK.

Quote:
At the end of the day, it is an SUV and should not be pampered like a sports car
Oh the irony. While I feel pampered in my black XJ L Autobiography at twice the cost, I do find myself taking care of the Endeavour in little ways. For instance, only last week I noticed the center wheel cap was missing so I ordered it from my local ford dealership at a cost of gbp 29.46 pence each...for a piece of plastic barely 3inches in diameter. While at the dealership waiting for the Endeavour's annual MOT inspection to be completed, I ordered a pair of 'Perfomance Ford' backing plates for the Vehicle Registration Number (£6.58 each), wheel valve caps (x4 for £8.68) to match the body colour and more importantly, anti-theft wheel locking nuts (x4 for £68.61 ...flat top left of wheel in image below). These were generally discounted however as a TrustFord Service Club Member a further 10% rebate was applied. In addition, there was no charge for installation which was straightforward but the icing on the cake was that the General Manager of the Dagenham Service Dealership installed the registration number backing plate onto my Endeavour in person!

The Endeavour has always attracted attention whenever I visit Ford dealerships here in England and the management in Dagenham openly declare their pride at having the SUV, shipped in from India, contracted for three years maintenance service with them I suspect as many others, you will continue to admire your SUV long after it's purchase and pamper it too
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img20210227wa0003.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img20210227wa0000.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img20210227wa0001.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_20210223_172620.jpg  

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-img_20210223_172602.jpg  

Arbind Ray is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 19:56   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Have re-added the Endeavour to my short list.

Had some questions regarding features mentioned on the Ford website:
- It’s mentioned the Titanium+ 4X4 gets a 8 speaker system (wasn’t it 10 speakers even after the December feature deletions?)
- It’s also mentioned that the Sport trim still gets Active Noise Cancellation?

Can someone please confirm these points.
TIA.
Old 28th February 2021, 21:55   #228
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Have re-added the Endeavour to my short list.
500 Nm not enticing enough, eh?

Quote:
It’s mentioned the Titanium+ 4X4 gets a 8 speaker system
Look carefully, there is a mention of a sub-woofer and IP speaker (on dash) separately. It still comes with 10 speakers in all, each visible individuality, unlike hidden ones in other cars

Quote:
It’s also mentioned that the Sport trim still gets Active Noise Cancellation
None of the variants gets ANC any more.

Last edited by cool_dube : 28th February 2021 at 21:58.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 22:30   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
500 Nm not enticing enough, eh?
It’s a very tough head vs heart situation . Heart wants the Fortuner but then reading some comments about better comfort and interiors Endeavour is making a strong statement in the head.

Will soon test-drive the 2L Endeavour for the first time back to back with the Fortuner again to see who wins the Heart or Head, it’s gonna be tough.

What is making the decision tougher is the fact that I have both a Ford and Toyota at home and the Ford is such a well built car that I wouldn’t mind a Ford again. Service quality is the only major difference that I see between the two.

Thanks for the response .

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 28th February 2021 at 22:33.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 13:42   #230
BHPian

The guy in the video talks about engine design fault and issue in the 10-speed gearbox on long term reliability

I have booked mine and this video haunts me somewhere deep down as the car price is not something that can be risked to try out!

Disclaimer: In the video, he says he has not test-driven the car nor opened up the engine or gearbox.

Waiting for inputs on this by auto experts.
motomonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 16:02   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomonk View Post
The guy in the video talks about engine design fault and issue in the 10-speed gearbox on long term reliability

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=wEQvXFHP-tg&t=588s

I have booked mine and this video haunts me somewhere deep down as the car price is not something that can be risked to try out!
May be a little too early to comment. If GM can make the 10 speed unit reliable, don't see why Ford can't catch up especially when both the gearboxes are same. I am not mechanical guy hence can't comment on rubber timing belt, but I believe in Ford's capability w.r.to engines, they make one of the beautiful, fun to drive engines. All I can say is 10 speed unit shifts a lot more than the 6 speed AT that was offered in BS4.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 19:09   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It’s a very tough head vs heart situation
Completely agree with that! A very tough call indeed.

Quote:
I would think twice before taking the word of a layman vlogger on a global product developed by a reputed company which has been making automobiles for more than 120 years now
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 19:21   #233
BHPian

Quote:
One word, he is talking rubbish, not worth a Team-Bhp discussion stuff. Timing belt totally rubbish. Regarding gear-box, today we can question the reliability of all modern or advance gear-boxes as all new technology comes with its own sets of challenges but not that they can’t be attended, moreover their advantages far outweighs few short comings. This reminds me of late 80s when I was buying a geared cycle and seller brought more concern on its maintenance (which I needed only once in 7 years) than the benefit which I derived during the same period.
Wanderers is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 20:14   #234
BHPian

Quote:
I would think twice before taking the word of a layman vlogger on a global product developed by a reputed company which has been making automobiles for more than 120 years now
Can't agree more on this! A company like Ford can't do such a foolish mistake. Was curious to get input from fellow Bhpians.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
I believe in Ford's capability w.r.to engines, they make one of the beautiful, fun to drive engines. All I can say is 10 speed unit shifts a lot more than the 6 speed AT that was offered in BS4.
100% agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
late 80s when I was buying a geared cycle and seller brought more concern on its maintenance (which I needed only once in 7 years) than the benefit which I derived during the same period.
I totally experience this myself too, when i went for geared cycle in 90s! I get that point, totally!
motomonk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 22:59   #235
BHPian

Quote:
None of the variants gets ANC any more.
I thought the same, however ford site has mentioned ANC in the sports variant.

Not sure if it's typo or ANC actually exists in the sports variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-smartselect_20210301225342_chrome.jpg  

Old 2nd March 2021, 18:14   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
I thought the same, however ford site has mentioned ANC in the sports variant.
They haven't updated the website/booklets. Looks like cost-cutting here too!
Old 2nd March 2021, 20:22   #237
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
From 2020 December, another set of feature deletions from Ford Endeavour.
Please refer LionX post for deleted features for each variant. ANC is deleted for all variants.
Old 5th March 2021, 17:43   #238
BHPian

The new Fortuner has clearly taken a massive lead over Endeavour in Feb 2021, however Gloster is far behind -

Toyota - 2053
Endeavour - 801
Gloster - 463

Source: gaadiwaadi.com
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2021, 17:52   #239
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The new Fortuner has clearly taken a massive lead over Endeavour in Feb 2021
That has always been the case, and will continue to be, given the brand value that Fortuner commands That said, glad to see Endeavour numbers picking up as well.
Old 5th March 2021, 18:39   #240
BHPian

Endeavour sales have almost doubled in comparison with the last 2 months sales figure,
Dec - 447
Jan - 545
Feb - 801

Looks like Endeavour 2.0 rang the right bell for potential buyers against those who only lament online but is never a potential buyer of the car in this segment.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks