Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2021, 18:22   #421
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
What is the range being shown for you now, after the tankful?
Mine showed a range of 5500 kms after the first refill, which is almost 30 % lesser than yours . I think that is a matter of concern and should be reported. Thanx Cool_dube for pointing out. May be the exhaust system needs a check.

Quote:
What were the issues being faced? Also, are first service details visible for you in FordPass?
There was an authorization error with ford pass application due to which it failed to recognize my vehicle many times. That happened because of communication error from the Dongle/module with its server which was resolved by replacing the module.
Same here with service history. No its not visible in the Ford pass application. Dealer is on it...
Old 1st July 2021, 12:23   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Mine showed a range of 5500 kms after the first refill, which is almost 30 % lesser than yours . I think that is a matter of concern and should be reported. Thanx Cool_dube for pointing out. May be the exhaust system needs a check.
It need not necessarily be a matter of concern. Just like any other DTE metric, this one also gets calculated as per one's driving conditions and style. Is the vehicle mostly driven in city traffic? Are you a spirited driver? Nonetheless, I would suggest that you wait and watch for a few weeks, to see if it changes, before having the ASC guys meddle with your Endeavour for something which might not be an issue at all. In my books, lesser you visit the service center, the better... something similar to avoidable hospital visits

Quote:
Same here with service history. No its not visible in the Ford pass application. Dealer is on it...
In my case, the dealer representative raised his hands and pointed me to Ford customer support. Let's see.

Last edited by cool_dube : 1st July 2021 at 12:25.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2021, 17:06   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Is the vehicle mostly driven in city traffic? Are you a spirited driver?
You said that right , its 80 :20 city and highway and a spirited driver too

Quote:
In my books, lesser you visit the service center, the better... something similar to avoidable hospital visits
Myself, though a doctor by profession, I totally endorse this sircasm.....
ankushbansal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 15:38   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You said that right , its 80 :20 city and highway and a spirited driver too
That explains the relatively higher consumption

Quote:
Myself, though a doctor by profession, I totally endorse this sircasm.....

BTW, Ford India was very prompt at resolving the FordPass app issue. Within 2 days of logging the complain, the record for first service was available in the app. You might want to try that out as opposed to leaving it with the dealer.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2021, 16:12   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
BTW, Ford India was very prompt at resolving the FordPass app issue. Within 2 days of logging the complain, the record for first service was available in the app. You might want to try that out as opposed to leaving it with the dealer.
I am facing the same issue. My last two service details are not showing in the app. Please share details of email address.
Old 2nd July 2021, 18:44   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
I am facing the same issue. My last two service details are not showing in the app. Please share details of email address.
Here you go - custmail@ford.com

They are quite prompt and professional.
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2021, 19:27   #427
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mine showed a range of 5500 kms after the first refill, which is almost 30 % lesser than yours
Did you re-check this? AdBlue range on my Endeavour is now showing up as 8,000 km!
Old 6th July 2021, 17:25   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Did you re-check this? AdBlue range on my Endeavour is now showing up as 8,000 km!
Hmm, the range is 4750 after driving for about 1160 kms* post tankful of Adblue , which was mostly driven on highway

* 1160 kms was done in two single runs of approx 580 each on a neat 4/6 lane tarmac with max speed upto 130 km/s.

Last edited by ankushbansal : 6th July 2021 at 17:43.
Old 7th July 2021, 10:14   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

For the 2nd consecutive month, the Endeavour has beaten the Fortuner in sales.

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-21ad7ba017bc4f17802fe665417a2331.jpeg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-3e17c75705a644faaa285453edf16fcd.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 7th July 2021 at 10:15.
CEF_Beasts is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 7th July 2021, 13:29   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
For the 2nd consecutive month, the Endeavour has beaten the Fortuner in sales.
I do agree that Endeavour sales have spiked and passionate people have realized that the Endeavour is a better overall package over the Toyota Fortuner. However the reason for lesser sales on the Fortuner is because of total stoppage of production of Toyota cars and many pending orders, all due to Covid lockdowns.

Currenty this is a nice time when Ford can bounce back and increase their sales. However they need a better product than the current generation 2.0 Litre engine, which lacks the punch as per many. The new Toyota Fortuner with 500 nm. torque is more powerful. We need a good contender from Ford.

Last edited by ruzbehxyz : 7th July 2021 at 13:34.
ruzbehxyz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2021, 13:22   #431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However they need a better product than the current generation 2.0 Litre engine, which lacks the punch as per many. The new Toyota Fortuner with 500 nm. torque is more powerful. We need a good contender from Ford.
That's only going to happen with the next generation Endeavour, likely (hopefully) to come to our shores by late 2023/early 2024. Fingers crossed!
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2021, 21:47   #432
Senior - BHPian

Just checked my friend's Ford Endeavour 2.0 L and observed the following:
The doors of the newer model are significantly lighter than the previous models (3.2 L / 2.2 L)

Has Ford done some cost cutting here or is it that the doors are now manufactured in India ?
Old 14th July 2021, 22:00   #433
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The doors of the newer model are significantly lighter than the previous models (3.2 L / 2.2 L)

Has Ford done some cost cutting here or is it that the doors are now manufactured in India ?
This has also been seen in the EcoSport facelift launched in 2017 vs the 2013 EcoSport! 2017 EcoSport’s having lighter doors and door panels near the window sill on the inside flex a bit when pressed which wasn’t the case with 2013-17 EcoSports.

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 14th July 2021 at 22:26.
Old 15th July 2021, 13:08   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not sure if this is just a matter of "feel". According to official specifications, though, Endeavour 2.0 4x4 is ~15 kg heavier than Endeavour 3.2 4x4

-----

On another note, could no longer resist hitting the highway - just back from a ~1000 km round trip to coastal Karnataka. The idea was to drive through the lush Western Ghats - rendered heavenly during the ongoing monsoon spell - and spend some time at a beach (raging sea during monsoon is a sight to behold).

Coming to the Endeavour - my love and admiration for it continues to grow with every drive! This was its longest drive so far (~500 km/~9 hours one way), including a crazy mix of 4-lane highways, lots of hill driving, some bad roads, and most importantly, lots of driving in heavy (and I mean REALLY heavy) rains across all these terrains. I have already elaborated on the first three aspects earlier - the Endeavour continues to shine on 4-lane highways (club class cruising experience at 100-110 km/h), hill driving (more than enough grunt to haul the family and loads of luggage over some of the steepest ghats in Karnataka), and bad roads (glides over potholes and bad roads in complete silence akin to a hovercraft, while my family continues to sleep peacefully without realizing a thing inside the cabin, and I cannot stop grinning from ear to ear).

This was the first time I was driving the Endeavour in rains, and when I say rains, we were driving across the state during the thick of red/orange alerts announced by IMD I have always been a fan of full-time 4wd SUVs ever since I owned the Pajero SFX, for the impeccable road-grip and handling provided, and my belief in the capabilities of this system was further affirmed during this drive. The Endeavour sticks to wet road surface like a leech! We were driving through heavy downpours almost throughout the journey, both to and fro - covered Agumbe ghats while going and Charmadi ghats while return, not to mention the deluge we faced while traversing NH66. Folks who have driven these routes would know the intensity of rains in these areas. However, the level of confidence provided by the Endeavour in handling these terrains in heavy rains was something that blew me away! I could take wet turns/curves in heavy rains at almost the same speeds as I would have, during regular (dry) weather conditions. Not to forger that all of this was accomplished with footwear being the humble MRF Wanderers. All in all, a very satisfying drive! Icing on the cake - average FE was 12.5 km/lit with 60% of the ~1000 km clocked over hilly terrain and interior roads!

Here are a few clicks from the drive (apologies for poor picture quality, thanks to cloudy conditions):

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endy1.jpg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-endy2.jpg

Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)-ch1.jpg

Last edited by cool_dube : 15th July 2021 at 13:15.
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th July 2021, 18:53   #435
AMT
BHPian

Mod note: Please use capitalisation and check grammar before posting. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulhas.ahirrao View Post
Is this normal? Are you guys also experiencing similar driving characteristics while moving from standstill.
You can avoid this by engaging S mode and up-shifting as per convenience or keeping in 2nd gear depending on what speed you are at. My colony has a lot of speed breakers and to avoid back and forth between 1st and 3rd, I sometimes use it.

Not sure if it impacts the engine in any way but is convenient for sure

Last edited by Jaggu : 19th July 2021 at 19:02.

Most Viewed