Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2021, 19:32   #466
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour 2.0L Diesel AT : Official Review (with dune bashing)

Quote:
Originally Posted by padmrajravi View Post
The BiTurbo may still come. In fact, I think, BiTurbo launch was triggered by the manufacturing shutdown decision. Since there is no India specific manufacturing, they can only sell international models now. This means we may get the exact model that Australia is getting.
The current emission standard for Australia is EURO5 which makes it impossible to get the same model to here. Ford Ranger is still a possibility as it’s available in UK, where the current emission standard is EURO6.
LionX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 19:51   #467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionX View Post
The current emission standard for Australia is EURO5 which makes it impossible to get the same model to here. Ford Ranger is still a possibility as it’s available in UK, where the current emission standard is EURO6.
Oh, that's news to me. Does that mean the current generation Endeavour is also gone, now that they have stopped local manufacturing? I was hoping that the Endeavour will continue. The Fortuner will surely cross 50L now.

Last edited by padmrajravi : 9th September 2021 at 19:58.
Old 14th September 2021, 20:54   #468
Senior - BHPian

It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to let go of my Endeavour! Needless to say, it has not been an easy decision to make, with many sleepless nights behind it. With Ford shutting shop, I am not very comfortable with the uncertainty around quality of after-sales service and availability of parts down the line. The SUV is as good as new (7 months/3,500 km) and a great buy for someone who is willing to spare time and effort towards procuring spares and dealing with FNGs (if need be), for which I neither have the time nor the temperament anymore.

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2021 at 06:46. Reason: List it on our classifieds please!
cool_dube is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 10:06   #469
BHPian

Oh! I m really sorry to hear that @ Cool dube. Its really a tough decision to make , especially when you just got your hands on your dream machine and there were many stories to be build and cherished. Sad to know the decision of its early departure .
I am too in the same boat as mine is just 10 months old ( 8000kms), but as of now i have decided to live it for years to come just because , i feel there is no other replacement for endeavour in the current Indian automobile industry. Had it been there i would have let it go too....
All the best. Hope you get a good value for your vehicle.
Keep us posted for any positive developments that may be helpful for other owners too.
ankushbansal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:38   #470
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour base (Titanium) variant no longer listed on official website

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
Seriously!, I am getting a gut feeling that something big is underway from Ford India, maybe some change in the lineup with consideration to its specs. This , i am saying because recently i got an extended warranty done for my BS6 Endeavour and the certificate i received read the variant as 2.0 Titanium + , Limited Edition. I am not sure what does that limited edition means.
Dealer has no clue about that.

The above feeling that i quoted some time back proved true. But never expected that something big will such big....
Old 15th September 2021, 14:13   #471
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to let go of my Endeavour!
If I may give my 2 cents, I'd ask you to wait a couple of months for the dust to settle. the market has already discounted the news of Ford shutting their factories and it will reflect in the resale price. from here on, it will not make much of a difference in the resale price, unless there is further bad news!! which can only be that Ford is shuttering its service network as well, which isn't legally possible.

So, in other terms, the worst news is already there and the recency of this news makes sure that the resale price would be at the lowest, since there is a panic selling going on. the price should only recover from here on, even though there may just be a slight upward movement or it may stay the same.

Plus, with you being in Bangalore, there will be service centers working there for some years to come, as Ford has sold a lot of cars, and Service is a lucrative business.

So, all in all, in my assessment, the downside is very little in keeping the car with you for now. Who knows there may be some positive developments in the near future (fingers crossed).

I am also a recent buyer. My car is less than 3 months old and with 3500 kms on the odo.
lalittalwar is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:24   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankushbansal View Post
I am too in the same boat as mine is just 10 months old ( 8000kms), but as of now i have decided to live it for years to come just because , i feel there is no other replacement for endeavour in the current Indian automobile industry
Completely agree with you here. Even for a moment I decide to sell my 6 month Endeavour, nothing else comes to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalittalwar View Post
So, all in all, in my assessment, the downside is very little in keeping the car with you for now.
Echoes my thought as well. And selling it out of fear without any factual reason doesn't seem to be a wise financial decision in my honest view. Will see when it actually happens, resale value is gone in any case!
ulhas.ahirrao is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 13:42   #473
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to let go of my Endeavour! Needless to say, it has not been an easy decision to make, with many sleepless nights behind it. With Ford shutting shop, I am not very comfortable with the uncertainty around quality of after-sales service and availability of parts down the line. The SUV is as good as new (7 months/3,500 km) and a great buy for someone who is willing to spare time and effort towards procuring spares and dealing with FNGs (if need be), for which I neither have the time nor the temperament anymore.
I'm not able to hold back my feelings, so replying. I don't think this is the best decision (if already made). Unless the car is actually giving you any mechanical issues already OR its not fulfilling most of your regular needs - you shouldn't sell it. Since your post already makes it look like a distress sale - and since Ford has called it quits - people are going to lowball a lot. It will end up frustrating you even more perhaps. Its known to be a mechanically pretty sound car. And maintaining one for another few years won't be a big issue I think. The depreciation you'll take mostly if sold right now - will not be justifiable IMO. Anyway, thats just my thoughts given I like this car a lot perhaps. You must have your own reasons - and for someone busy with other responsibilities, running around for car spares, sure can be a hassle.
Reinhard is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 13:52   #474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the car is not giving any problems then you should keep it. Selling now it will give you a poor resale value. You could use the services of below if you are worried about running around service centres and for parts etc.

https://www.wheelswisdom.com/navbar/
sumeethaldankar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 14:34   #475
BHPian

Quote:
I am in a similar situation. I own a 2020 Ecosport Petrol Automatic, driven just 4500 kms. Although I did list it for sale on July but no takers and after Ford's exit, No queries received, absolutely no takers. Definitely, not a easy decision for me cause its my First car.
But I have no other options.
Sadly, no takers now, absolute zero.
Really worried now.

Keeping your Ford Endeavor will be a good financial decision but not for peace of mind.
I am also being advised to stick with my Ecosport but I am ready to take the depreciation hit for some peace of mind instead.

Last edited by dr_TJ : 17th September 2021 at 14:42.
dr_TJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 14:50   #476
BHPian

Sorry to hear you're looking to let go of such a solid vehicle and with such low mileage on the odo. Have you listed this in the Classifieds yet? I, for one, am interested, market sentiment notwithstanding.

Quote:
arnieshwartz is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 15:57   #477
BHPian

I searched on OLX Pune for any lucrative deals on Ecosport/figo/freestyle, and I don't find any of the so called panic sellers. Has anyone witnessed such ads?
pseudo_coder is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 16:08   #478
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I remember the gruelling experience you went through while deciding between the Endeavour and Fortuner, where you picked up the product that satisfied and impressed you more; that is the Endeavour.

Honestly I believe for atleast 5-6 years there should be absolutely no need of worrying about spare parts, that much can be assured. The situation with Mitsubishi was different! They weren’t selling any new cars as such, whereas Ford has sold so many Endeavours since it’s launch in 2015 that there should be absolutely no worries regarding aftersales.

In the end it’s your personal decision, but please do not take the decision in haste where you lose both money and the car, making you repent the decision later. It’s a solid product that can last a lifetime
CEF_Beasts is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 16:30   #479
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It is with a heavy heart that I have decided to let go of my Endeavour!The SUV is as good as new (7 months/3,500 km)
I don't think this will be a wise decision at all. There are people who buy Ferrari's, Lambo and what not and these sell about 10-20 in the whole of the year. And if you go to their Authorised workshops, you will hardly find any spares apart from consumables. Am sure you must have read about the story of a member who shipped Endeavour all the way to UK.

On the contrary, think in terms that you have got a special vehicle, we just got lucky to get as CKD and cheaper than Fortuner Now you have something which can be replaced only by a CBU Everest and if that comes back, it's not going to cost the same as CKD.

Ford Service centre will continue for many years, that's for sure. Ford will continue to give them spares and access to software updates. Warranty, an outside chance of not getting honoured and definitely wrong to expect goodwill repairs. Set aside 5 lac on the side for any eventuality and you should be good for at least 3 years.

If you sell now, as others have pointed, you will lose a lot on depreciation and whatever you pick in this segment is going to get depreciated too. Unless you are moving to another higher segment like an X3 or X5, I will not advise you or anyone else going this route.
Turbanator is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 17th September 2021, 18:38   #480
BHPian

https://www.india.ford.com/door-step...lGN0f7glAM3_jo

Amidst all these Hustle-bustle going around, Ford promoting doorstep service for select cities and service centers.

Could these be the potential service providers (or better to say survivors) in coming years .....
ankushbansal is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks