Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th June 2020, 19:55   #151
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Hello Everyone,

I am excited to finally be able to post here.
I am a Newbie and this is one of my first posts so please excuse any mistakes.

Coming to my question, is there any news or updates on the Altroz petrol Automatic ? I am currently in the market for an Petrol Automatic vehicle for my wife.
Only few main requirements:
1. Has to be petrol and Auto due to low running within city
2. has to be compact, as small and easy to drive as possible
3. Safety - build quality and features like minimum 2 Airbags
4. Need the car in July urgently (Wife's learner license will expire in August so She needs some practive and go for the final test)

I had test driven Altroz on release. loved it. Key highlight was the safety rating however due to the Covid scenario a lot of things changed suddenly in between. Also there was non Auto available.

Now the condition as it stands is that I have a booking request for Hyundai Nios but the delivery is not in sight as the New June Manufactured stock is not yet available as per the dealership.

If the Altroz Auto is available with a July release, then I can go for Altroz otherwise will persue with Nios.
I know its a tough ask as the Test Ride vehicle is still being spotted so must be atleast 2 months away from release but just hoping against odds.

Any help / guidance here will be very helpful.

Regards
Swarnava
Old 27th June 2020, 21:28   #152
Senior - BHPian

The lack of buzz regarding the Altroz is pretty evident. After 3 months of this review it is just gone past 10 pages now!
avishar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 04:43   #153
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
The lack of buzz regarding the Altroz is pretty evident. After 3 months of this review it is just gone past 10 pages now!
It's all because of how poorly Tata has handled the product!

• Lack of Diesel (It's just available on Paper).
• Underpowered Petrol Engines
• No proper Test Drive vehicles available in certain states.
• Poor marketing & Promotion. (These guys are just promoting the 5 Star Build & nothing more.)
• No Proper timeline for deliveries.
• The dealer communication is extremely poor in certain places, My uncle was extremely interested in Altroz but the dealer didn't even bother to follow up with him nor offered him a proper test drive and couldn't even give a concrete timeline for the delivery, even after booking the vehicle, he was just asked to wait a little more as apparently production had not even begun. He ended up buying a Baleno. So much for the "Gold Standard experience".

Overall, Tata is digging it's own grave, in the end it's all about execution and the manufacturer is failing it big time lately.
YashD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 13:26   #154
Senior - BHPian

Lack of Diesel is hitting this car hard, I agree. Tata stands for Diesel, and I wouldn't consider the petrol line up. The petrol engine is weak, is what my friend had to say. Also, the market has dried up and will take time to recover. This, you must consider
Quote:
Originally Posted by YashD View Post
Lack of Diesel
Sebring is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 15:13   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
This was expected, with the kinda of goof up TATA cars are prone to. Another beautiful TATA car dying a slow death. I believe the ‘turbo’ variant will be here by the year-end. And by then the excitement will already die down (which is hardly there anyways). And not to forget that the new i20 is just around the corner to go head-on with the Altroz.

I still feel, there is no hatch in the market presently that is as good looking as this one. But alas!
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 23:54   #156
BHPian

Now should be the best time to advertise. Baleno is getting a little long in the tooth. New i20 will come out in a few months. Even if someone might be willing to wait for i20, an advertising blitz will keep Altroz in their mind. And I expect the new i20 to be even more expensive than now. Just in Chennai, top end petrol manual was 9.7 lacs OTR, nearly a lac more than Altroz.

The segment basically only has i20 and baleno. Everything is an also-ran. I so badly wanted to buy an Altroz. Even went to the dealership but there was absolutely no follow-up. The salesman didn't even reply to my message asking if test drives started. It's like they just don't want to sell the car.
professor.march is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th June 2020, 00:01   #157
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post

The segment basically only has i20 and baleno. Everything is an also-ran. I so badly wanted to buy an Altroz. Even went to the dealership but there was absolutely no follow-up. The salesman didn't even reply to my message asking if test drives started. It's like they just don't want to sell the car.
This is the irony. I am actually irritated with how Tata is handling the Altroz. We all want Tata do well, and the fact that the Altroz is a really well engineered car only makes the support more justified. But as usual, the same old mistakes.

The Baleno might be getting old in the tooth but even the Glanza is neck and neck with the Altroz in sales. There is an example on Team Bhp itself where a prospective customer shifted his booking to a Glanza even though the Altroz was the first choice because of poor customer management.
avishar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 12:05   #158
BHPian

Spotted this Altroz testing. Not sure what version they were testing. This was at Hebbal in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20200701_120148.jpg  

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20200701_120145.jpg  

Sreesh1009 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 12:57   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Spotted this Altroz testing. Not sure what version they were testing. This was at Hebbal in Bangalore.
Nice Scoop, holding my breath for a quick release of the Altroz Petrol Automatic. The pictures are from side profile and its very difficult to decided anything from these angles. If we had a front or a back picture you could then tell what varient it was like
- with tailpipe then most probably petrol DCT
- without tailpipe and closed front grill - most probably the EV form

Our group member RavenAvi has always had the latest updates and very accurate insider info. I hope he responds here with some good news.
swarnava.ch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2020, 13:13   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Nice Scoop, holding my breath for a quick release of the Altroz Petrol Automatic.
I have pictures of the rear end but they can't be uploaded here. I couldn't see a tail pipe.

Last edited by ampere : 15th July 2020 at 14:28. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 10th July 2020, 11:13   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor.march View Post
I recently bought Nexon and extremely happy with it. Tata's products have come long way but yes, their sales staff are still catching up. My advise is go past that irritants as in the end the product is awesome. If you think you are in this large hatch segment, and Altroz ticks all the boxes and appeals to your heart, then Just go with it. Its the product that you will own and live with it and this sales guys will be a history.

I went past all that and now extremely happy with my Nexon, with a sense of fulfillment
TurboOnTarmac is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2020, 14:44   #162
Senior - BHPian

This is a very good review. Rated 5 star! This is my first post in the forum and I am seriously considering buying the Altroz (petrol high end). I am only a little worried about the ground clearance. I am a sober driver and not the type that expects a peppy turbo engine, the current specs are fine for my consideration. I will most likely check in the nearest dealer by the quarter end. Thank you for sharing a detailed and thorough review.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2020, 14:24   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCents View Post
This will help you in finalizing Altroz. It has better ground clearance than Baleno. Looking forward to your pictures of final purchase.
Thank you TwoCents, this really helps. I am currently driving a Zen Estilo Vxi and the GC is ample for my drives (mostly city with 10% highways). The Altroz ticks almost all my requirements (cruise control is a bonus!). The plan is to reach out to a dealer in the next one or two months. I will be thrilled to pen down my 'buying a new car experience'. Will definitely share pics and my take on the new car.

Mod Note: Please avoid video link in quoted posts

Last edited by ampere : 15th July 2020 at 14:28. Reason: removed video link from quoted post
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st July 2020, 12:02   #164
BHPian

The Altroz 'XT' variant now gets Rain sensing vipers and Automatic climate control as feature additions. No change in pricing.
ATRONIX is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2020, 17:31   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
The Altroz 'XT' variant now gets Rain sensing vipers and Automatic climate control as feature additions. No change in pricing.
Good move, if done at no price change!
source

As per their website and brochure, the addition is

Auto AC, Yes
Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20200722_172622.jpg

Auto Wipers, Maybe Not
Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20200722_172555.jpg
Moto$apien is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks