Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2020, 09:12   #166
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

This is a better feature distribution. Makes XT quite a few notches better equipped at the same price as before. Earlier the trim was bit "neither here nor there" exactly like the previous gen Nexon XT which made absolutely no sense. Now it seems like the car maker actually has interest in selling the XT trim also.

While a totally welcome move - I wonder how such simple things are not fully thought out before a car launch? Its not that hard is it? Now we might have a few customers who purchased the XT in last 2-3 months at the same price but without these features. No doubt they'd feel short-changed. They are!
Reinhard is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th July 2020, 15:44   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto$apien View Post
Auto AC, Yes
Good news indeed. Basically XT now is an even better value proposition without breaking the 8 Lac barrier. It has become more of a convenience variant now with Auto AC, Keyless entry, Cruise control etc.

Seems Tata is on a variant correction strategy of sort. Last week we heard news on the XT+ Harrier with sunroof also.
janakiram_m is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 12:50   #168
BHPian

Evo India's comparison test of the Tata Altroz vs Hyundai i20 vs Maruti Baleno vs VW Polo TSI is now out:

TejasKinger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 13:03   #169
Senior - BHPian

Personally, I would prefer Rear Wash Wipers over Cruise control, but may be I am a minority here. Tata should include the Rear wash wipe from the base version across all their models. Some of the convenience or bling features can be surely be compromised to include this.

Irrespective of the climatic conditions, rear wash wipe is a must for the highway drives, I hope the govt. makes it a mandatory feature, just like the ABS, Airbags and reverse parking sensors.
jetsetgo08 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2020, 13:19   #170
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
Personally, I would prefer Rear Wash Wipers over Cruise control, but may be I am a minority here. Tata should include the Rear wash wipe from the base version across all their models. Some of the convenience or bling features can be surely be compromised to include this.
We are a minority for sure considering the number of hatchbacks & SUVs we see on the road without a rear wash+wipe.

However - Tata should NOT make it a standard feature unless the market becomes mature enough to appreciate safety features. For decades the TML cars have had better feature list at lower prices which hasn't resulted in sales numbers (for other reasons like perception, material quality, service confidence etc.). Its better they do what others are doing & do it right.

Whats disappointing actually is - the rear wash + wipe is NOT a mandate in India like it is in many developed countries for hatchbacks and sedans. I feels mandates are required in things where the customers are not aware of real value of things. In our country sadly, we see mandates where they are most illogical and bring little value in educating people. Let's hope in line with the ABS, front airbags & rear parking sensors sooner or later we see rear wash+wipe as a standard feature on these particular segment of cars.

For this single feature of rear wash + wipe - my current and previous cars have been top trim (Aura & XZ+). Otherwise I'd rather have picked the lower trim & modded it to the brim. Wash+wipe is one thing that just can't be added later while being cost effective & good in finish.
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 09:14   #171
BHPian

Today saw the post delivery pictures of diesel variant for the first time in a FB owners group. So I guess the diesel has finally arrived.
Courtesy : FB group 'Tata Altroz Club - TAC'
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-altroz-diesel.png  

mathewspaul is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 11:24   #172
BHPian

My cousin has bought the XZ variant of Altroz last month that comes with a wearable key.

He has received only one key fob with the car along with a wearable key. Is this the norm or should he receive 2 key fobs and an additional wearable key ?

Can anyone throw some light on this please .
Sudarshan_N is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th August 2020, 22:32   #173
BHPian

A small walk around of the Diesel Altroz with emphasis on NVH levels.

drpudhi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th August 2020, 09:08   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan_N View Post
My cousin has bought the XZ variant of Altroz last month that comes with a wearable key.

He has received only one key fob with the car along with a wearable key. Is this the norm or should he receive 2 key fobs and an additional wearable key ?
The car was given with one remote key(with manual key in it), one wearable band and one manual key. So basically it's one remote key and one wearable+manual key. But dealership can provide another remote if required by the user for extra charges.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 8th August 2020 at 12:04. Reason: fixing the quote tags
John P Daniel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 10:08   #175
BHPian

Best Tata Dealership In Delhi NCR

The Altroz! Stunning design, great interiors and excellent build and safety. What it is let down by- the engine. Any other thing? Ohh! remember the A.S.S which still remains a gamble; You may get great service from some and you may lose due to poor service from some and then may be(just may be) regret your decision.

I am buying a car(first car in our family) and this point has a substantial importance in my preference list. BHP-ians from Delhi NCR, please enlighten me with some inputs from your respective service centers. Please share your experiences whether good or bad, about Tata's service centers and whether the problems you face are resolved with much satisfaction or you roam out for better service center's in the city.

This would help me decide whether going for the Altroz is a good decision over the Ford Figo(which ticks almost all boxes of my need) or should I stick with the American car maker.

By the way, I'm planning on the Altroz XM with some after market wheel and alloys upgrade + some good speaker upgrade as well. This is costing me around 7.3 lacs, a premium of over 50k over the Figo titanium.
Old 10th August 2020, 10:21   #176
BHPian

Re: Best Tata Dealership In Delhi NCR

My humble advice, please don't go by hearsay, get firsthand experience, get to TASS and try to interact with altroz customer who is getting his car serviced, and note down the CSM name and number, as well as TATA CSM number, it's prominently displayed.

As for me, I'm a true blue TATA man, own 2 latest cars since 2016 and 2018 and practically nil TASS issues.

Previously owned wagon r, with not so good experience, mainly of their pushing to buy unrelated products and services.

Hope this helps.

All the best.
Vinod_nair is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 10:32   #177
BHPian

Where exactly are you putting up in NCR? NCR is quite big, you can't be staying in Gurgaon and going to Noida for service (for example). A location hint might help so that people can suggest better. My experience with ANR in Gurgaon has been ok, not too excellent and not bad either, just above average. Depends upon your rapport with SA. Faridabad dealership was a disaster, good that it had shut down back then.
ast.ggn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 11:11   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinod_nair View Post
My humble advice, please don't go by hearsay, get firsthand experience, get to TASS and try to interact with altroz customer who is getting his car serviced, and note down the CSM name and number, as well as TATA CSM number, it's prominently displayed.

As for me, I'm a true blue TATA man, own 2 latest cars since 2016 and 2018 and practically nil TASS issues.

Previously owned wagon r, with not so good experience, mainly of their pushing to buy unrelated products and services.

Hope this helps.

All the best.
Well, thats a job to do then. Will need to visit the showrooms for that. Also a test drive is pending. Will do this when I go for the TD. Thanx!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ast.ggn View Post
Where exactly are you putting up in NCR? NCR is quite big, you can't be staying in Gurgaon and going to Noida for service (for example). A location hint might help so that people can suggest better. My experience with ANR in Gurgaon has been ok, not too excellent and not bad either, just above average. Depends upon your rapport with SA. Faridabad dealership was a disaster, good that it had shut down back then.
I'm currently residing in Vikaspuri/Janakpuri in West Delhi so inputs from nearby TASC will be very helpful.

P.S:- I have been putting "Request a call back" on Tata's website for the past three weeks. Calls from their customer centers are received in which they transfer my queries to the respective dealers but the Dealership has not called back even once yet which is quite disappointing
Old 10th August 2020, 11:32   #179
Senior - BHPian

To be honest I would not read too much into the engine being lame and all that apart from perhaps the 3 cylinder refinement because I myself havent driven it. That apart 0-100 is between 12-13 seconds from numerous youtube acceleration videos which is perfectly acceptable performance and I would hardly call it lame.
extreme_torque is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2020, 16:26   #180
BANNED

Altroz's prices hiked as per this website. Company's website doesn't reflect the same yet. Price hike varies from variant to variant ranging from INR 3000/- to INR 15000/-.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot_20200810-tata-altroz-costlier-rs-15000-now-check-new-price-list-.png

Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot_20200810-tata-altroz-costlier-rs-15000-now-check-new-price-list-1.png
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed