Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2021, 21:55   #316
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: KOLKATA
Posts: 13
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazealot View Post
Hey there vij81119!

I gave my car for her first service today , but was not informed of any such updates even after asking them , could you mind sharing the firmware date on your car? it says 23 December 2020 on my car.

Also did you change your oil in the first service itself ?
Mine was some NOV 2020 during my Jan 21 update ALT04. April 21 update ALT05 shows DEC 2020 firmware update.

Tata I guess doesn't changes the oil in first free service(similar to my hyundai experience).They haven't changed it yet by the second free service I did few month ago(not sure though,i will have to check). Even with my TIGOR same thing happened, they changed it after 1 year only.
Vij81119 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 00:37   #317
rpm
BHPian
 
rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Mohali
Posts: 215
Thanked: 761 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Hey guys, can anyone tell me the kerb weight of the Altroz top variant, both Diesel and Petrol (non turbo) as per their RC?
rpm is offline  
Old 4th June 2021, 15:51   #318
BHPian
 
indivic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Chennai
Posts: 827
Thanked: 160 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
Hey guys, can anyone tell me the kerb weight of the Altroz top variant, both Diesel and Petrol (non turbo) as per their RC?
Are you seeing a discrepancy between RC and owner manual ?

https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/s...0_18.12.19.pdf

Page 194 has listed all the weights from the manufacturer
indivic is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2021, 16:32   #319
rpm
BHPian
 
rpm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: Mohali
Posts: 215
Thanked: 761 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Are you seeing a discrepancy between RC and owner manual ?

https://cars.tatamotors.com/images/s...0_18.12.19.pdf

Page 194 has listed all the weights from the manufacturer
Thank you, but I do know the kerb weights reported in Tata's manual. Why I asked for the kerb weight as per the RC is to see if there are any discrepancies. I don't know of any discrepancies as of yet; I don't own an Altroz.
rpm is offline  
Old 10th June 2021, 02:08   #320
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2021
Location: NA
Posts: 9
Thanked: 5 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Can members throw some light on the rattling/vibration sound that supposedly emanates from the engine bay while accelerating at certain rpms? Facebook groups are having quite a few articles on the same.
I personally have driven the turbo and noticed a distinct rattling sound from the left side of the engine bay while giving hard throttle in 3/4 gear, although that was a TD only. Getting serious second thoughts over the car after having booked the turbo petrol variant. I am gonna test drive it again soon and need to be sure this isn't such a deal breaker for me if it exists. Thanks
gks777 is offline  
Old 10th June 2021, 09:12   #321
BHPian
 
Benoit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2020
Location: Madurai/Chennai
Posts: 226
Thanked: 481 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpm View Post
Hey guys, can anyone tell me the kerb weight of the Altroz top variant, both Diesel and Petrol (non turbo) as per their RC?
Hi, my Altroz XZ D weighs 1150 kg (unladen) and 1575 kg (laden) as per RC.
Benoit is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2021, 08:14   #322
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Tuticorin
Posts: 33
Thanked: 35 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by gks777 View Post
Can members throw some light on the rattling/vibration sound that supposedly emanates from the engine bay while accelerating at certain rpms? Facebook groups are having quite a few articles on the same.
I own the 1.2 NA Altroz. Some people seem to hear them while others don't. I personally don't hear any rattle/vibration but i do hear a mild induction noise in fifth gear when gentle throttle is given at speeds below 2k rpm. I hear this only when the music system is turned off at night and others are asleep. It feels as if it comes from the left side of the dashboard. Other than this particular scenario, it's not heard at any time in my vehicle.
John P Daniel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 17:18   #323
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 9
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vij81119 View Post
Mine was some NOV 2020 during my Jan 21 update ALT04. April 21 update ALT05 shows DEC 2020 firmware update.

Tata I guess doesn't changes the oil in first free service(similar to my hyundai experience).They haven't changed it yet by the second free service I did few month ago(not sure though,i will have to check). Even with my TIGOR same thing happened, they changed it after 1 year only.
AL04 or AL05 corresponds to ECU versions and this detail can be seen only by service centers.

When you say Dec 2020 firmware update, I assume you are referring to the Harman infotainment version which we can check ourselves,
Archer797 is offline  
Old 21st June 2021, 21:15   #324
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Location: KOLKATA
Posts: 13
Thanked: 32 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer797 View Post
AL04 or AL05 corresponds to ECU versions and this detail can be seen only by service centers.

If you can follow the thread you will find that the question was asked in relation of firmware which is mentioned in infotainment system so I used the term.

And yes I know the ECU updates are only seen by providers but I mentioned the ECU updates just to relate it with the "infotainment update/firmware" dates. You kindly read that as Harman system info as seen in display.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 21st June 2021 at 21:19. Reason: fixing the quote tags.
Vij81119 is offline  
Old 29th June 2021, 13:07   #325
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Raipur
Posts: 432
Thanked: 1,413 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Is there any news about an automatic transmission? This car always turns my head and i would love to get one for mother and wife but only if it had auto gearbox.
AnandB is offline  
Old 29th June 2021, 23:34   #326
BHPian
 
TaurusSHO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: IXA and BLR
Posts: 133
Thanked: 486 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Found this on Youtube today while I was searching for Altroz vidoes. I don't remember Tata officially offering a dark edition Altroz or is this just a specific dealer modification?
TaurusSHO is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2021, 11:30   #327
BHPian
 
Dr.Suraj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 720
Thanked: 1,766 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnandB View Post
Is there any news about an automatic transmission? This car always turns my head and i would love to get one for mother and wife but only if it had auto gearbox.
Yes. The DCT gearbox is long overdue now. Some amount of delay expected due to the pandemic. Patience is running out.





Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusSHO View Post
Found this on Youtube today while I was searching for Altroz vidoes. I don't remember Tata officially offering a dark edition Altroz or is this just a specific dealer modification?
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=-VOt...SomnathChikane
This was expected. TML has trademarked these 'editions'.
Nexon as well as Altroz have arrived in Dark Edition.
We might not see a Camo edition on these, since the Nexon is already available in foilage green and the Altroz won't look as nice in that shade.
Dr.Suraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 13:01   #328
Newbie
 
Singer_Shower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Forgive if it's dumb, but how does the passenger airbag get opened? The dashboard is plain solid and without any openings, wedges, or door for airbag. But in Global NCAP test, we can see a tiny door getting opened allowing airbag to come out and inflate. See the images.
Tata Altroz : Official Review-airbag1.jpg
Tata Altroz : Official Review-airbag2.jpg
Singer_Shower is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th July 2021, 15:35   #329
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Reinhard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Pune
Posts: 4,402
Thanked: 14,793 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singer_Shower View Post
Forgive if it's dumb, but how does the passenger airbag get opened? The dashboard is plain solid and without any openings, wedges, or door for airbag. But in Global NCAP test, we can see a tiny door getting opened allowing airbag to come out and inflate. See the images.
The panels are structurally designed on the under-side such that when the explosive charge goes-off - they crack open at pre-aligned places.

Some cars have visible panels that break open. In some cars - the dashboard's certain areas break open. But not at random - the area where they crack open, are pre demarcated.
Reinhard is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 18th July 2021, 14:27   #330
Newbie
 
Singer_Shower's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 13
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Those who did service recently, which were the latest update versions received for ECU and Harman infotainment system?
Singer_Shower is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks