Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st January 2023, 03:43   #466
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Hello fellow owners,

How would you rate ride quality of Altroz soft - medium - firm?
I am into first month of ownership of my Altroz and getting used to it.

At city speeds, even on minor undulation I feel body-roll much more than what I expected.
For reference, it felt lesser in Nexon despite of higher ground clearance.
I maintain tyre pressure of 32 psi all around.

Should I report it to SC during first service or it is normal behaviour?
I would say Altroz has good ride quality on higher speeds and extremely lower speeds (around 10-15kmph) while going on uneven surfaces. I just don't like the lack of seat height adjustment on my XT trim
GuyBurnsFuel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2023, 04:39   #467

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiccross View Post
Did anyone notice a smoke like smell that comes in every now and then randomly? It goes away on its own after a while though. 2019 XE Petrol.
Can you be more specific? Maybe, something like with AC on/off, engine rpm, etc.? Might help us better in understanding and supporting you.
Old 2nd January 2023, 10:56   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SavoyWalrus View Post
Do you mean body roll while turning into corners or harshness that enters the cabin over potholes and bad roads?

.... Which variant do you have? The top-spec variants have a lower profile of tyre which hurts the ride quality a little bit more.
I feel this issue while going over un-even surface / potholes at speeds between 20-40 kmph. I can feel umps very sharply inside the cabin.
Yes, I do have top spec XZ+ variant.

Thanks for your reply.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 06:43   #469
BHPian

Hi All - We have just taken delivery of the Altroz DCT - initial days yet but find the overall driving experience smooth.
Any recommendations for installing a cabin light for the rear passengers ? The cabin lights are positioned more for the driver and front passenger.
Old 16th January 2023, 10:47   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Hi All - We have just taken delivery of the Altroz DCT - initial days yet but find the overall driving experience smooth.
Any recommendations for installing a cabin light for the rear passengers ? The cabin lights are positioned more for the driver and front passenger.
Hello - You have 2 options for installing rear cabin light

1- You can make a small cutout on the roof just above the front armrest and install a cabin light (Involves wire cutting). These will turn on when you unlock the car. Cabin light can be bought from boodmo.

2- You can buy a Universal magnetic car roof light and fix it on you own(Uses a Magnetic plate to hold it). These must be switched on and off manually

Hope this helps you
NB_4763 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 11:54   #471

Quote:
Originally Posted by krish11 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by NB_4763 View Post
Hello - You have 2 options for installing rear cabin light

1- You can make a small cutout on the roof just above the front armrest and install a cabin light (Involves wire cutting). These will turn on when you unlock the car. Cabin light can be bought from boodmo.

2- You can buy a Universal magnetic car roof light and fix it on you own(Uses a Magnetic plate to hold it). These must be switched on and off manually

Hope this helps you
I really agree with you @krish11. Tata has really messed up the cabin lighting placement on the Altroz (Nexon as well I think). While they were good enough to give us LED lights, they saved some money by providing only one, but then they put it way ahead, towards the front, and for what, to save some more on wiring and cable routing? At the very least, it could have been placed a wee bit towards the rear.

Regarding possible solutions, I went for the 2nd proposal from @NB_4763. Way easier, with no cutting and fumbling, but of course, no possibility of syncing with door switch.

I bought one with an easy push-to-on/off switch off Amazon, USB rechargeable as well, and best thing is you can always get it off the metal plate (stuck on the roof) to use it as an emergency flashlight. It helps since it's pretty bright as well. I've many a time used it search for lost items near the footwell or boot (very weak single side bulb there). Only issue was the stock double-sided sticker that the item came with, which could never stand the hot temperature of the roof during our hot summer, and fell down every now and then after parking out in the open. I changed it to 3M automotive grade Double-Sided Attachment Tape, and now it's rock-solid.

Attaching the links from Amazon:
Coxeer Universal Practical Magnetic Car Ceiling Dome Light
3M - Attachment Tape - Acrylic Foam Tape
MasterFoxD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2023, 15:43   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Hi!

Anybody tried installing some aftermarket wireless charger in their Altroz?
The space below the 12v socket/ USB port is perfect for keeping the phone and looks like it can accommodate the wireless charger.
Just need to find the right product.
Appreciate if someone can help.

Also, is there any Whatsapp group for Altroz owners?
I wanted to actually install an aftermarket wireless charger but since the vehicle was under warranty I decided not to mess with anything.
Here's my jugaad-

I bought a Wireless power bank [Mi wireless 10000mah is what I am using]. This fits perfectly in the compartment. I use it when I'm driving and take it back with me when I need to recharge it. Been using it like this for the past 2 years.

Hope this helps you
Old 23rd January 2023, 09:51   #473
Senior - BHPian

The Altroz has just turned 3 and has sold 1,76,000 units, since launch

A great car, indeed. And, looking at the sales figures, it doesnt look like the launch of the Punch affected its sales much.

Source: ACIP
Attached Images

ashutoshb is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th January 2023, 01:29   #474
BHPian

Engine in Punch 2023 got an update. It feels refined and noise has also reduced. Since altroz also uses same engine, do keep an eye out for it in showroom. Here, punch update video:
Old 30th January 2023, 00:48   #475
BHPian

As expected, Altroz also got an engine update for 2023.
Skip to 8:40
Old 9th February 2023, 11:20   #476
BHPian

Just came across this as well. If someone from the forum can confirm. And can also comment on refinement difference now. This will now become a no brainer replacement for my ageing beater.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot_20230209111516634_com.instagram.androidedit.jpg

Credits to respective owners
Old 25th February 2023, 01:49   #477
BHPian

Any update via any birdie if the updated infotainment system and the new digital instrument cluster showcased in the altroz racer and launched on harrier and safari making its way to the regular altroz anytime soon?
Old 13th March 2023, 23:16   #478
BHPian

Quote:
I feel this issue while going over un-even surface / potholes at speeds between 20-40 kmph. I can feel umps very sharply inside the cabin.
Yes, I do have top spec XZ+ variant.

Thanks for your reply.
The Altroz ride quality is a lot harsher than a Nexon or a Punch. My dad wants to buy an Altroz and we are almost finalized on the Altroz but a quick test drive showed a stark difference between the Punch and Altroz regarding ride quality as the Punch soaks ups bumps far far better than the Altroz at low speeds. The suspension of the Altroz might be good on the highways though.
bf1983 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2023, 14:14   #479
BHPian

My dad booked the Altroz over the Kiger, Punch and Tigor. What clinched the deal for the Altroz was

A) It was the only 5 star rated car in his budget of 10l.

B) Surprisingly the Tata dealer was actually good and was very proactive in follow ups and arranging for test drives which was very different in my experience with two different Tata dealers when I was buying my car.

C) The features and fit and finish were best in class. The Kiger felt as premium but you needed to spend a bit more to get similar features as the Altroz.

Since the Altroz isn't selling that well he got a discount of around 35k including a discount or 10k on the insurance which made it competitive with insurance available outside.
Old 14th April 2023, 19:19   #480
BHPian

When every media house was blatantly lying about Altroz diesel being discontinued after BS6 Ph II rollout, why Tata Motors did not come up with their official statement?
I am saying this because I can see Altroz diesel is on sale still today.
Even deliveries are happening across the country.
Does anyone have any official information?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks