Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th December 2020, 13:43   #226
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
If you go by the paint formula and a decent painter. You should not have any issues matching the color. PM me if you need help on this regard.
Thanks a lot Krishna. Will get in touch as I will be needing suggestions for sure.
Old 24th December 2020, 14:34   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Thanks Aravind. One query is does this really need entire door replacement? I agree pics will help more so here are the pics.

Thats all the dent and scratches (I know its ugly ) :
That door is absolutely fine. Like many others have suggested, please just get the dent pulled out. Finish might not be perfect, but it would be much less noticeable that it is right now.

The service center is just trying to pull a quick one on you by getting the door replaced for such a small dent. Don't worry about warranty too - based on repairs done on a sheet metal part such as a door, they cannot deny warranty !
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 14:37   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The service center is just trying to pull a quick one on you by getting the door replaced for such a small dent. Don't worry about warranty too - based on repairs done on a sheet metal part such as a door, they cannot deny warranty !
Thanks Aravind. Now I am much more stress free and feeling eased about the whole thing. TBHP rocks as a community for this very reason and spirit
Quinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2020, 21:55   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot Krishna. Will get in touch as I will be needing suggestions for sure.
Here we go with the formula for the High Street Gold.

Note: This formula is from Axalta Cromax for the quantity of 100 ml. Please extrapolate it for the quantity required.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-high-street-gold-tata-altroz.jpg

PS: 4530S is the toner/flop control agent which gets the right spread of the metallic particles. Key ingredient which should not be missed or messed with
nkrishnap is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 00:37   #230
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Here we go with the formula for the High Street Gold.

Note: This formula is from Axalta Cromax for the quantity of 100 ml. Please extrapolate it for the quantity required.

Attachment 2096870

PS: 4530S is the toner/flop control agent which gets the right spread of the metallic particles. Key ingredient which should not be missed or messed with
Wow where did you find this paint formulation information. It looks handy
Mortis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 15:30   #231
BHPian

Hello BHPians and Fellow Tata Owners,

I have a query on the sales experience. When they gave me docs for my Altroz, they gave me a sales certificate with dealership stamp on it. They filled all details correct except my email ID. I am wondering if it is a careless miss or somehow connected to feedback mechanism that they can just rate by themselves. The reason I doubt is because all my purchase and transaction related emails went through correct email ID so they have my correct mail ID but only in sales certificate its wrong. My phone number is correctly mentioned though. But, I did not get any sms or WhatsApp from Tata motors about experience feedback and I am not sure if Tata only sends emails for that. In that case, definitely it goes to wrong email address. Few days ago I got a call from dealership asking feedback but it just felt a formality and they didn't even care to follow up when I gave my feedback.

Could any of you share if you get SMS/WhatsApp/Emails from Tata seeking feedback on sales. If yes, in my how many days you got? I want to share certain feedback to Tata but want to know if the only way is to proactively reaching to them.

Last edited by Quinn : 26th December 2020 at 15:32. Reason: Minor Grammar
Old 26th December 2020, 18:20   #232
Senior - BHPian

One of the very early clay model of Altroz shared by Pratap Bose

Tata Altroz : Official Review-smartselect_20201226181813_instagram.jpg
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 19:24   #233
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Could any of you share if you get SMS/WhatsApp/Emails from Tata seeking feedback on sales. If yes, in my how many days you got? I want to share certain feedback to Tata but want to know if the only way is to proactively reaching to them.
Mine is a 1 year old experience now but sharing anyway. My email address is properly recorded in the welcome kit documents and on their systems. However - I didn't get any email related to sales feedback etc back then. I did get a couple of very polite calls 1 week after the purchase to take my feedback on the e2e sales process from booking to delivery. The question set was thoughtfully designed - albeit rather redundant for someone like me who was an existing owner in the T family since a decade. I was bored answering the questions . Most of them were not applicable in my case yet they wanted a 1-10 rating.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 19:52   #234
BHPian

A recent review where they tested an Altroz against a new i20 and a Polo GT TSI.

The Altroz won the handling challenge. Polo lost it. Such a big compliment to the engineering in the Altroz.
Cessna182 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 20:08   #235
BHPian

My cousin has booked XT Petrol (Red Color) from Prerana Motors (don’t remember which branch though) on 6th of November. He was promised the delivery by first week of December. The ‘promised’ date kept on moving and now they don’t even know when they can deliver the car. Their version is, company has been producing XM version of cars and hence this delay. What I would like to know from members here is, is this the situation same with other dealers as well? He is frustrated, but he has no other option left other than waiting. Can he do anything to get the know what is happening?
Old 27th December 2020, 00:38   #236
Senior - BHPian

My colleague booked TATA Nexon (for her senior citizen parents) in Himachal Pradesh in the mid of October and had a promised delivery date of around Diwali (mid November). They have been delaying it and now the revised date has jumped to end of Jan 2021 (maybe even beyond). She is planning to cancel her booking from this dealer. Same thing appears to be happening for you as well.
Old 27th December 2020, 10:50   #237

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterFoxD View Post
Finally Tata has started addressing the bogged-down feel at the bottom end, especially in lower gears, with a new AL04 update to the ECU. Will take my car over to the SVC very soon and check this thing. Hopefully some of that "boaty" feel is eradicated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega_wattt View Post
Glad to hear that. Also get your spark plugs checked as well. It seems to be a real issue. Check out these videos.
Finally did the ECU update last week and based on my 150 odd kms experience, I can only feel a faint improvement. Never felt the cold start issue though. Maybe I should check the spark plugs since most of the other Altroz owners are ranting about drastic improvements towards the bottom end in lower gears, after this update. Together, the SVC guys provided me the radiator clamp update as well as the infotainment system update. Never had much issues with these in any case, except for some bugs while navigating with Android Auto in the infotainment system, which I think is quite common for the platform as such.

Meanwhile, one new observation came to my notice while I was washing the car yesterday. As you can see in the photos below, my underbody frame has some dents, not on one side but on both, and don't think I bottomed out since my last wash (I tend to notice stuff during these self-service washing routines) to create something like this. Classic case of hoisting issue, and I can only think of the SVC being the culprit here. Of course, I don't think they will take this up denying their involvement if I report this late after the service. I'm really sick of these unprofessional idiots since this is my 3rd SVC within 1 year of purchase, and I'm at my wit's end. Going to check with my local workshop guys. Hopefully they will have some jugaad solution. Some expert advice from fellow BHPians will be appreciated as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20201227wa0000.jpg  

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20201227wa0001.jpg  

MasterFoxD is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 14:40   #238

Quote:
Finally did the ECU update last week and based on my 150 odd kms experience, I can only feel a faint improvement. Never felt the cold start issue though. Maybe I should check the spark plugs since most of the other Altroz owners are ranting about drastic improvements towards the bottom end in lower gears, after this update.
So, there's still hope.

Quote:
Meanwhile, one new observation came to my notice while I was washing the car yesterday. As you can see in the photos below, my underbody frame has some dents, not on one side but on both
That seems to be the case. You can always request them to be with the car in the workshop. Become like Mr. India. A silent observer, but not a blind one.
Old 27th December 2020, 15:22   #239
Distinguished - BHPian

Altroz diesel owners, kindly share your experiences with the NVH, real world fuel efficiency, ground clearance issues & niggles(if any).
Old 27th December 2020, 23:25   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
The question set was thoughtfully designed - albeit rather redundant for someone like me who was an existing owner in the T family since a decade. I was bored answering the questions . Most of them were not applicable in my case yet they wanted a 1-10 rating.
They did give me a call but it was kind of very mechanical approach. It is like "if you give, I will listen but record it as 10. If you don't give, I will give 10" approach So proactive approach it is. Not sure how much Tata will listen to me though.

Most Viewed