Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th December 2020, 23:30   #241
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterFoxD View Post
I'm really sick of these unprofessional idiots since this is my 3rd SVC within 1 year of purchase, and I'm at my wit's end.
Have you tried contacting them and mentioning that this has been after service only? May be they will repair it? I think both side bottoming out is at the svc only.
Quinn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 09:23   #242

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
Have you tried contacting them and mentioning that this has been after service only? May be they will repair it? I think both side bottoming out is at the svc only.
Was thinking of it. As far as I know, these frame dents are not that easy to repair, and in all likelihood, SVC will prefer not to get their hands dirty. So can't keep my hopes up. Maybe once I see the local workshop/paint-shop guys and have some idea of the damage and probable solutions, might as well have a word with the SVC personnel as well.
Old 31st December 2020, 20:42   #243

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Here we go with the formula for the High Street Gold.

Where did you get that kind of information. It is really amazing.
Old 1st January 2021, 13:18   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuhairZain View Post
interface become laggy and useless
A quick update on this issue. Received the latest update (Nov 2020) yesterday and the UI and touch response seems much improved. Haven't taken it out on long drives yet, but on short drives at least, the maps doesn't lag at all like it used to. Need to drive for a long distance at a good speed to see if it's just reduced or gone, but so far it looks promising.
SuhairZain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 23:19   #245
Distinguished - BHPian

Formulae for the existing colors of Altroz. The paint codes are not assigned yet.

The formula is as provided by Cromax from Axalta Coatings/Coating Systems. There can be many variants for the same color which will dictated by the formulation and supply at the plant level. The variants could be due to supply from a different company or changes during formulation for a bigger volume of paint. The tint names from different manufacturers can be different, however the color system will be very close, for example red oxide, transparent red, etc. Each company will have its own tint code and name.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-altroz-avenue-white.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-altroz-downtown-red.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-altroz-high-street-gold.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-altroz-midtown-grey.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-altroz-skyline-silver.jpg

Note: Some color formulations may not be available with a different manufacturer for example, say Nippon or Nerolac, etc.

Majority of the colors are available with Axalta (Cromax and Standox) and Glasurit.
nkrishnap is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 17:26   #246
BHPian

Are there any price changes for Altroz P or D ? Some dealers maintained that there would be price hike post new year, and forced customers into booking in December and not offering any discounts.
Old 5th January 2021, 20:25   #247
ike
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Some dealers maintained that there would be price hike post new year, and forced customers into booking in December and not offering any discounts.
Unless one is buying 2020 stock, booking does not guarantee any immunity from price hike, does it? If I book a car in Dec and they deliver it in Jan, AFAIK the price in Jan would be applicable.

I'm in the market for a car for my brother, impressed by the Altroz followed by the Sonet. Perhaps the broken engine mount and the leaking transmission will tilt it in favor of the Altroz, have sent him the links to both those threads. The other advantage of the Altroz is that a top end petrol is well within our budget of 9 lacs.
Old 5th January 2021, 21:42   #248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
If I book a car in Dec and they deliver it in Jan, AFAIK the price in Jan would be applicable.
Absolutely. But some buyers would have had their cars manufactured in 2020 and registered in 2021. Diesel variants are delivered in a week (my XZ D was). These buyers would've been forced to book in dec with false price hike claims.
Old 5th January 2021, 21:54   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
(my XZ D was).
Hi, can you share your driving impressions of the Altroz Diesel?

The NVH, acceleration, gear shifts, fuel efficiency, ride quality and high speed behaviour.

Thanks
Old 5th January 2021, 22:04   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Hi, can you share your driving impressions of the Altroz Diesel?
Hi. I have shared my initial impressions in the altroz diesel thread. Link to comment (Tata Altroz 1.5L Diesel : Official Review).

I will create a ownership thread soon.
Old 10th January 2021, 10:04   #251

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterFoxD View Post
Was thinking of it. As far as I know, these frame dents are not that easy to repair, and in all likelihood, SVC will prefer not to get their hands dirty. So can't keep my hopes up. Maybe once I see the local workshop/paint-shop guys and have some idea of the damage and probable solutions, might as well have a word with the SVC personnel as well.
Finally went to the SVC and raised my concern. Surprisingly, they agreed to repair it. And so I gave my car on last Monday for a committed 2-day delivery, and now it's Sunday but I'm yet to get it back. Yesterday the service advisor had finally committed to an afternoon delivery. I went there to see my car full of dust, still sitting in the paint shop. I was forced to create a furore there and in the end, they have now committed to delivering the car to my place today.

I'm really appalled by the complete lack of professionalism (they admitted that improper hoisting created the dents in the first place and now this experience while trying to correct it) and that prompts me to find my 4th SVC within a year, even before my 1st major service is up. Of course, I'll write a heated mail to Tata but can't help but think if only they could sort this big kink in their armour - the dealership/service experience - Tata sales would be up 2 more notches.
MasterFoxD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2021, 07:56   #252

First post alert
Got the AL 04 ECU update on my December 20 Altroz xz model. Few changes I thought is worth sharing.
The update came from a call from the TATA MOTORS itself who took the car to the nearest TC MOTORS RAJARHAT workshop for the update free of cost. I have driven the car for nearly 800 kms in this new ECU update and had already driven 700 kms in older version of ECU. So that should put both in equal footing for comparisn.
Changes that was visibly noticed are
1. The power delivery improvement. There was never a lack of power in 1st ,the changes were seen from second shift onwards. My black beauty is picking up cleanly from 15kmph easily anything below 10 kmph does invite shudderness. Still a big improvement from the older version. The overtaking gears are 3rd and 4th. One can pick cleanly from 25kmph and 30kmph respectively and can pull way up till 70 without breaking a sweat. 5th gear are also having some power and is not absolutely dead as was earlier. If the overtaking maneuver is planned even 5th can be used.
2. The oil pump sound coming from the rear end has been subdued drastically. Earlier there was this continously humming sound when the sound system was turned off. But now with the update one really have to search for the sound.
3. Mileage part I am still not sure about, may be tad decreased than earlier i will update that in my upcoming post.

Overall the power delivery is improved. Its not yet engaging enough but its not dull either. With the top notch handling dynamics of altroz and more than good suspension you can take on few good cars on the road for a drag race.
Vij81119 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th January 2021, 01:47   #253
BHPian

A crash test standards video that has both our homegrown 5 star Altroz and homegrown 0 star S-presso.
JithinR is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 10:00   #254
BHPian

What would be a good tyre upsize for the XM variant. It runs a 165/80 R14 tyre size. Looking to upgrade from the stock ZVTVs to either Michelin, Continental or Yokohama. Would 185/70 R14s be possible on the stock rims.
Old 26th January 2021, 00:29   #255

Yes you can go ahead with the 185/70 R14 in place of the 165/80 R14. One always need to compare how much the difference it is having on the diameter and width of the overall replacement. You can compare the change in the diameter and width in any of the tyre comparison sites. Only thing you need to keep in mind is the difference should not be much for the replacement because any change in the tyre specification on a given rim size will change the driving dynamics of the car and the speed as well...hope you get the replacement you are looking for.

Most Viewed