Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 11:15   #271
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Just tried connecting my Oneplus 8 pro to my brand new Altroz's head unit to use Android auto, the system shower error and the phone's screen started flashing. Anyone else faced this issue?
While I have not faced this issue - it is not a very uncommon thing with Android. As a first step to isolate the root cause - can you try connecting another (different model preferably) phone and check? That way it will be easily to identify if the issue is with the phone software or the cable or the head unit.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 12:37   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
While I have not faced this issue - it is not a very uncommon thing with Android. As a first step to isolate the root cause - can you try connecting another (different model preferably) phone and check? That way it will be easily to identify if the issue is with the phone software or the cable or the head unit.
I tried with my Oneplus 3 and Nokia 6.1 plus as well, tried different cables as well. I have used my Oneplus 3 in Honda Amaze and the Android Auto worked perfectly there.

This the error which I get and this is the software version.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20210323_122853.jpg  

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20210323_123354.jpg  

yesyeswe is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 15:52   #273
BHPian

Quote:
I tried with my Oneplus 3 and Nokia 6.1 plus as well, tried different cables as well. I have used my Oneplus 3 in Honda Amaze and the Android Auto worked perfectly there.

I think there is v14 or something similar. I remember reading in a Tata Altroz FB group.

Edit: it is v14.45.

Last edited by akshay380 : 23rd March 2021 at 15:55.
Old 23rd March 2021, 22:33   #274

Quote:

My altroz just completed its third service( 1 year) and the software was updated to R14.42.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-altroz-software-update.jpg

The changes include a new display theme, rearranging of widgets and a new voice for the assistant.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-altroz-hu.jpg

Will post the ownership experience soon.
Pigcee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 01:23   #275
BHPian

Quote:

I use a pen drive to listen to songs when I drive and I get this error sometimes. I would have to remove and plug it in again. I thought this was an issue with the socke. Please check with a pen drive and let us know.
Old 2nd April 2021, 17:43   #276
BHPian

Brought home our Altroz XM Petrol. Overall delivery experience was good.
Tata Altroz : Official Review-1eb212b816f84796ad69de7ba5d72fe1.jpg
[ATTACH=78e93dbfa52d42cd8171f5a3bdd1f6f8.jpg]Tata Altroz : Official Review-904cd51bb2024eb2ba6275facfb3ae79.jpg[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Altroz : Official Review-78e93dbfa52d42cd8171f5a3bdd1f6f8.jpg  

pradeep_mvpa is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 19:47   #277
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mvpa View Post
Brought home our Altroz XM Petrol. Overall delivery experience was good.
Congratulations on acquiring the steed. Any updates planned? I see you already got front sensors added. Perhaps getting them touched up with the body's white colour around the edges would make for a better visual appeal.
Its really disappointing that these showrooms don't take such little efforts to ensure better aesthetics for customers who are paying so much for the product.
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 11:33   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Congratulations on acquiring the steed. Any updates planned?
Thank you sir!

I have added rear camera, rear speakers (XM comes with just 2 speakers) & front sensors. Wanted to add fog lamps, but dealer did not have it in stock. Same with remote locking.

Car will be primarily driven by my father. So, my upgrades will be limited to anything that assists him in driving. He used to drive an Alto. Hence, this is a big transition for him. Please suggest if there is anything that I can add to this car in that aspect.

To be frank, I did not expect dealer to provide a body coloured front sensor. I think since the car is white and has lot of black elements, it does not really look out of place.

But, my major area of disappointment is the wheel cap. I don't understand why TATA needs to give a half wheel cap on a car that costs 7+ lakh OTR. It really ruins the looks. Full size 14" wheel cap is not provided even as an accessory.
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th April 2021, 11:58   #279
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradeep_mvpa View Post

Car will be primarily driven by my father. So, my upgrades will be limited to anything that assists him in driving. He used to drive an Alto. Hence, this is a big transition for him. Please suggest if there is anything that I can add to this car in that aspect.
Don't miss out on the front armrest. It's such a nice thing to have, which enhances driving comfort.

Drive the car for an year or two, and when it's time for tyre replacement, get 16inch alloys and 195 section tyres on them (185 would do better if it's a 1.2 N/A).

Cheaper immediate solution is to get after market tyre covers. There are plenty of them available for 14 inch size.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 16:47   #280
BHPian

Recieved in whatsapp.

Feels sorry for the owner, to have a crash at the occasion of new car pooja.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20210411wa0010.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img20210411wa0009.jpg

Looks like the car destroyed a pretty solid concrete block, proving it's rigid construction.
Asish_VK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th April 2021, 23:21   #281
Senior - BHPian

I test drove the Altroz (albeit the diesel) a couple of days ago. The driving dynamics are really good and it handles a lot better than the Nexon. The deal breaker, really, seem to be the rear seats for long trips. From the experience of owners, how good or bad is that, really?
Old 14th April 2021, 19:04   #282
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asish_VK View Post
Recieved in whatsapp.

Feels sorry for the owner, to have a crash at the occasion of new car pooja.
Apparently this was not a pooja occasion. Car was passing through the near by road and lost control while in motion. It entered the temple compound and stopped after hitting a sculpture installed outside the temple.

Link to news: https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...ents-26910.htm
Old 14th April 2021, 22:00   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
I test drove the Altroz (albeit the diesel) a couple of days ago. The driving dynamics are really good and it handles a lot better than the Nexon. The deal breaker, really, seem to be the rear seats for long trips. From the experience of owners, how good or bad is that, really?
I always take the driver's seat in my ALTROZ. The rear seat is always occupied by my wife and she is the best critic. She has always rated our Tigor best in rear seat comfort till our black beauty arrived. Even after test drive she was skeptical regarding the rear seat comfort, but after going through a continous 3 hour country side road trip she is all thumbs up for altroz rear seat comfort. She doesn't stop bragging about the rear seat comfort altroz provides in whatever road condition she is thrown in.

But personally I believe this seat comfort is a relative term, I mean one can always be more comfortable as we progress towards high end cars but in the premium hatchback this is definitely the one to beat.
Vij81119 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2021, 22:36   #284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenx View Post
The deal breaker, really, seem to be the rear seats for long trips. From the experience of owners, how good or bad is that, really?
In my limited experience with Altroz, I can say that the rear seat is bit bouncy in bad roads, but comfortable enough. Also seat is wide enough that it can easily accommodate 3 medium built adults. Legroom is more than enough.

Take a long test drive and decide.
pradeep_mvpa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th April 2021, 16:29   #285
Senior - BHPian

Ah, thanks. So even over 3 hours the angle of the backrest did not cause issues? That was the main worry - the thigh support is fixable with cushions etc. This is really the only question - else it seems like a really sorted car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks