Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th May 2021, 15:36   #301
BHPian

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit View Post
Sorry for going OT.
I think the 1.2 Revotron in both the altroz and the tigor have balancer shaft. right?
Compared to Tigor engine, Altroz has dual variable valve timing (both intake and exhaust), higher compression ratio, and an integrated exhaust manifold. That means the head is completely different from Tigor/Tiagos.

By the way, the integrated exhaust manifold and balancer made way to latest facelifted Tiago also. Not sure about the other differences.
AntPaul is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 17:56   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Tata Altroz now is the Nr. 2 best seller in the Premium hatchback segment.

Overthrows the over- hyped and expensive Hyundai i20!

Tata Altroz : Official Review-1.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th May 2021, 22:09   #303

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Is this software update applicable to all ALTROZ's, that is, normally aspirated as well as the turbocharged one's or only to a specific model line ?
It was a campaign updation for my Altroz NA engine, I guess it will be subsequently done to other Altroz cars (NA) as well. I-Turbo Altroz must have a different ECU altogether so I can safely assume that those cars will be having a different ECU update, an assumption nevertheless.

Last edited by aah78 : 4th May 2021 at 22:36. Reason: Grammatical errors fixed for readability.
Old 15th May 2021, 13:33   #304
BHPian

Tata has extended warranty and free service period for passenger and commercial vehicles.

https://www.tatamotors.com/press/ami...ehicle-owners/

https://www.tatamotors.com/press/tat...r-initiatives/

Last edited by pradeep_mvpa : 15th May 2021 at 13:33. Reason: removed duplicate words
Old 17th May 2021, 17:05   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vij81119 View Post
Got the new ECU update done by lexus motors.
The visible changes were the new infotainment interface.

Well this is the second update i got from tata motors. The first one was ALT 05 update (JAN 21) that I got 4 months back was definite improvement from ALT 04 which i have already posted earlier.
Is there a AL05. I had got my Altroz updated to AL04 back in December as a part of my first free service. When I gave it for second free service in April, I was told that the AL04 has been officially approved by Tata Motors and the same is being applied to cars which were due. They re-applied that update on my car too.

Did the service center actually tell you that the update is actually AL05?

Last edited by Eddy : 17th May 2021 at 17:27. Reason: Quoting a long message hampers readability
Old 17th May 2021, 17:39   #306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archer797 View Post
Is there a AL05. I had got my Altroz updated to AL04 back in December as a part of my first free service. When I gave it for second free service in April, I was told that the AL04 has been officially approved by Tata Motors and the same is being applied to cars which were due. They re-applied that update on my car too.

Did the service center actually tell you that the update is actually AL05?
Tata Altroz : Official Review-20210503_144316.jpg

I have highlighted the update number and it is campaign type of update. I myself did check it twice if it was the same update I got in Jan 21, to which they replied a persistent NO. I have highlighted the job type as well which showed its a campaign type update, so I guess it will be gradually rolled out. But i can assure this is not the same ALT04 update. The driving experience is way way better than ALT04. The change is pretty palpable and i must say
every altroz owner is missing a lot unless one actually drives with the latest update I got. Whatever new update it is, it has definitely made the change.
Vij81119 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 25th May 2021, 12:58   #307

Hello fellow bhpians!
We brought home our new Altroz a couple of months back and it has already done 1700kms on the odo.
I would like to know if the cabin air filter is just a thin cloth mesh which can be accessed by removing it's cap just below the steering column or am I looking at the wrong place?
All other filters I have come across are cardboard ones and not these cloth ones. Since I live in a dusty place , I doubt if it could filter out the dust particles and would like to know if there's an alternative to it .
Below is the image of the same:

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20210525_122907.jpg
mazealot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 15:13   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazealot View Post
Hello fellow bhpians!
I would like to know if the cabin air filter is just a thin cloth mesh which can be accessed by removing it's cap just below the steering column or am I looking at the wrong place?
All other filters I have come across are cardboard ones and not these cloth ones. Since I live in a dusty place , I doubt if it could filter out the dust particles and would like to know if there's an alternative to it .

Attachment 2160422
What you've identified is the filter. Similar filters are found in most cars, even room air-conditioners have them. It does the job!
To keep it in ship shape, be sure to clean it regularly.

Last edited by vik99 : 26th May 2021 at 15:22.
vik99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th May 2021, 16:07   #309
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My Nano GenX used to have a similar filter, it is better than having no filter at all however it is not as good as the folded paper filter that some of the other brands use, which is of course more expensive. Clean this filter often with some soap water and fit it back in there, that is what I used to do.

One of the reasons why it is of this plastic type is for packaging, the location of this is in the driver`s footwell (same as nano) means a paper element wont fit, you need something that can flex a bit. Other brands may bury the cabin filter behind the glovebox wherein there is space to pull the filter out conveniently.
Kosfactor is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 18:21   #310
BHPian

Finally got delivery of my Altroz XZ Diesel. Shes my first Tata and joins the garage which was for last 10 years, Ford oly. Immediately got the stock 185/60/R16 Goodyear Triplemax 2 replaced with Conti UC6 205/55/R16 which shop guy said could be a overkill but they fit very nicely. Initial impressions are great.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20210529_171119.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-img_20210530_075934_271.jpg
akshay380 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 19:24   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Hello fellow bhpians!

Attachment 2160422
This filter is basically useless at filtering,in a car. its done to reduce cost only. It is not going to stop dust from circulating around the AC system. Over time, the evaporator coil will get affected and will need replacement. You can get paper filters in the market or you can order one online (check the dimensions) and cut it to required size and fit it over this in the same slot (space permitting) You may also look at activated carbon paper filters (will be greyish in colour)

Last edited by nirmaljusdoit : 30th May 2021 at 19:31.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 21:59   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
This filter is basically useless at filtering,in a car. its done to reduce cost only. It is not going to stop dust from circulating around the AC system.
Thats not entirely correct IMO. I have seen (and cleaned also) many a filters like these inside the cabin in passenger footwell over the years - and the amount of dust and other particles accumulated into them - definitely show they work. Maybe there are better options available - but these are not useless. Almost all manufacturers have the same density nylon mesh for this task. Denser the filter you use here - lower will me the cool air volume you get from the vents. They have to strike a balance.

These are placed near the footwell on passenger side. Typically in the way the blower unit works - air is sucked from this area and blown out the top vents. This filter helps in stopping large dust particles from footwell area - remember we have our shoes, feet and dry mud here at times - getting sucked in and thrown on our faces. I have seen these (exact this part in above picture in fact) - literally blocked with dust causing complete lack of flow from AC vents.

Last edited by Reinhard : 30th May 2021 at 22:01.
Reinhard is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th May 2021, 22:20   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
These are placed near the footwell on passenger side. Typically in the way the blower unit works - air is sucked from this area and blown out the top vents. This filter helps in stopping large dust particles from footwell area - remember we have our shoes, feet and dry mud here at times - getting sucked in and thrown on our faces. I have seen these (exact this part in above picture in fact) - literally blocked with dust causing complete lack of flow from AC vents.
This is the cheapest form of filter a manufacturer would use and most cars nowadays come with proper paper cartridge filters. This mesh though looks like its filtering, its actually letting in a lot of dust. Not changing AC cabin filters is one of the reasons why dust goes and settles on the evaporator coil and leads to fungus build up and some times failure. I have seen many cars with such issues and that’s why I suggested to put in a paper filter. Keeping the footwell clean is also recommended.

The cost of a paper cartridge filter is very less in the market. So many aftermarket options are available. In the long term dismantling the dashboard to get to the coil is not only cumbersome but the health issues from having contamination on the coils and breathing that air would be there.
nirmaljusdoit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2021, 10:12   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by nirmaljusdoit View Post
This is the cheapest form of filter a manufacturer would use and most cars nowadays come with proper paper cartridge filters. This mesh though looks like its filtering, its actually letting in a lot of dust. Not changing AC cabin filters is one of the reasons why dust goes and settles on the evaporator coil and leads to fungus build up and some times failure. I have seen many cars with such issues and that’s why I suggested to put in a paper filter. Keeping the footwell clean is also recommended.

The cost of a paper cartridge filter is very less in the market. So many aftermarket options are available. In the long term dismantling the dashboard to get to the coil is not only cumbersome but the health issues from having contamination on the coils and breathing that air would be there.
I'm not particularly happy to find such filter in what is a premium offering from Tata , like you've mentioned ,the paper cartridge is a cheap but effective piece of equipment which ultimately has a direct effect on the health of both, the car and the occupants .
I would likely switch to a paper filter as soon as possible.
Old 2nd June 2021, 21:43   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vij81119 View Post
Attachment 2157074

I have highlighted the update number and it is campaign type of update. I myself did check it twice if it was the same update I got in Jan 21, to which they replied a persistent NO. I have highlighted the job type as well which showed its a campaign type update, so I guess it will be gradually rolled out. But i can assure this is not the same ALT04 update. The driving experience is way way better than ALT04. The change is pretty palpable and i must say
every altroz owner is missing a lot unless one actually drives with the latest update I got. Whatever new update it is, it has definitely made the change.
Hey there vij81119!

I gave my car for her first service today , but was not informed of any such updates even after asking them , could you mind sharing the firmware date on your car? it says 23 December 2020 on my car.

Also did you change your oil in the first service itself ? When I asked my SA to change the oil , he straight up rejected my queries and asked me to go for anti rust and teflon coating instead and he got a firm no from me.

P.S. mods please merge this post with the above post of mine , I'm on mobile and still a noob so I don't know how to merge posts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks