Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2021, 19:53   #346

Re: Tata Altroz : Official Review

I had gone to Tata Motors showroom today to check out the Altroz / Nexon. The dealer informed me that there would be a price hike of around 2.0% on all models from October 1, 2021. He offered price protection if I booked before the month end.

However, I am not able to find any discussion of an impending price hike on the forum. Just wanted to check if there is really a price hike coming or the dealer is just angling to close the deal?
Old 27th September 2021, 12:13   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhisekkhanna View Post
I had gone to Tata Motors showroom today to check out the Altroz / Nexon. The dealer informed me that there would be a price hike of around 2.0% on all models from October 1, 2021. He offered price protection if I booked before the month end.
However, I am not able to find any discussion of an impending price hike on the forum. Just wanted to check if there is really a price hike coming or the dealer is just angling to close the deal?
Price hikes around October - are pretty much routine. I believe something of this sort was already in news about TaMo a week or so ago. Maybe true. In fact, don't think much about the price hikes. Off late those are quite a frequent phenomenon.

Book if you intend to book & buy the car now, not because there is a price hike impending. Thats the last of the reasons to book a car anyway. As for the price protection the dealer is offering - I'd be cautious about it. I have 0 trust for any car dealers and anything they offer. Unless the price protection is offered officially by TaMo directly - the SA's words or even a signed letter by the dealer mean nothing but a sales pitch that they can pull-back at will.
Reinhard is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 11:27   #348
Senior - BHPian

Tata Motors has has rolled out the 1,00,000th unit of the Altroz from its plant in Pune.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-20210928_111836.jpg

The Altroz family is now 1 LAKH strong and counting.

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 28th September 2021 at 11:34.
Venkatesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th September 2021, 13:01   #349

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
Book if you intend to book & buy the car now, not because there is a price hike impending. Thats the last of the reasons to book a car anyway.
I agree. I have just started exploring new cars to replace my aging honda city. Though Altroz is a beautiful car and I would love to get my hands on it if it came with the nexon gearbox and state of tune.
Old 28th September 2021, 16:13   #350
BHPian

I have formed Altroz Owners Goa group and had our third meet last Sunday. Was fun interacting with everyone and discussing issues.
Tata Altroz : Official Review-20210926-10414401.jpeg
akshay380 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 19:11   #351
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Tata has made a dumb move by deleting the TFT instrument cluster from Altroz XZ and XZ(O), going by their website. Anyone can clarify?

Even sales people at Tata at my place don't have a clue.

The LCD cluster looks horrendous in comparison.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 19:29   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Looks like Tata has made a dumb move by deleting the TFT instrument cluster from Altroz XZ and XZ(O), going by their website. Anyone can clarify?

The LCD cluster looks horrendous in comparison.
Tata did remove the TFT instrument cluster from XZ and XZ(O).

Updated 10.16cm LCD Instrument cluster on XZ and XZ(O)

Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot_20211006192001_youtube.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot_20211006192013_youtube.jpg

Tata Altroz : Official Review-screenshot_20211006192024_youtube.jpg

Walkaround of Altroz XZ variant
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 19:33   #353
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Tata did remove the TFT instrument cluster from XZ and XZ(O).

Updated 10.16cm LCD Instrument cluster on XZ and XZ(O)
Thank you. I just confirmed at the dealer here.

This is the only reason I have changed my booking from XZ(O) to XZ+.
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2021, 13:15   #354
Distinguished - BHPian

A recall of some select Altrozes has been issued to change the stabiliser link in the front suspension assembly for noise issue reports of the same.

Tata Altroz : Official Review-1.jpg

Affected owners are being called/will be called for fixing this FOC at the authorised service centers.

Thanks to Sushant Tripathi for the pic.
RavenAvi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2021, 12:59   #355

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A recall of some select Altrozes has been issued to change the stabiliser link in the front suspension assembly for noise issue reports of the same.

Attachment 2216684

Affected owners are being called/will be called for fixing this FOC at the authorised service centers.

Thanks to Sushant Tripathi for the pic.
I do hear some kind of kat kat noise when i rotate the steering wheel ,is this the same for other owners too ? I do hope that our car is included in that recall or else the noise would drive me insane.
Old 19th October 2021, 18:32   #356
BHPian

Friend booked XZ Petrol variant. VIN allotted is MATxxxxxxMPHLxxxx. Its August 2021. While PID, there were only 2 key fob's and smart band was missing (Same variant diesel had 3 keys parked next to it). Dealer says new XZ variants are not coming with smart band, TFT digital cluster and leather steering. In brochure i can see Smart band listed for XZ variant. Hence we put payment on hold until clarification.

Can anyone who took delivery of August manufactured Altroz can confirm on same please?
reddy6980 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2021, 19:18   #357
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post
Friend booked XZ Petrol variant. VIN allotted is MATxxxxxxMPHLxxxx. Its August 2021. While PID, there were only 2 key fob's and smart band was missing (Same variant diesel had 3 keys parked next to it). Dealer says new XZ variants are not coming with smart band, TFT digital cluster and leather steering. In brochure i can see Smart band listed for XZ variant. Hence we put payment on hold until clarification.

Can anyone who took delivery of August manufactured Altroz can confirm on same please?
Not sure about Smart band but post July, they did remove TFT and leather steering.
Old 19th October 2021, 19:35   #358
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddy6980 View Post

XZ does get wearable key.

Stuff that XZ loses now

1. Rear fog lamp
2. TFT screen
3. Leather wrapped steering and gear lever
Old 1st November 2021, 10:49   #359
BHPian

Hello everyone.
I am interested in the Altroz. However, as I am a public servant who will be transferred across capital cities every few years, I am apprehensive about the car's ground clearance. I am currently posted in Kolkata and the generally poor condition of the roads here along with the recent rain induced 'floods' has only heightened my fears. Can a few Altroz owners living in diverse geographies clarify if they have faced any issues due to the low ground clearance such as underbody scrapping, water entering the cabin during heavy rains, etc? Would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance
Old 1st November 2021, 13:14   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi_ank View Post
Hello everyone.
I am interested in the Altroz. However, as I am a public servant who will be transferred across capital cities every few years, I am apprehensive about the car's ground clearance. I am currently posted in Kolkata and the generally poor condition of the roads here along with the recent rain induced 'floods' has only heightened my fears. Can a few Altroz owners living in diverse geographies clarify if they have faced any issues due to the low ground clearance such as underbody scrapping, water entering the cabin during heavy rains, etc? Would be very helpful.
Thanks in advance
Why don't you consider the TATA Punch then? The features are basically the same between the cars and additionally you get a good ground clearance, moreover the car looks good too.
yesyeswe is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks