Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2021, 09:27   #136
BHPian

Re: Kia Carnival : Official Review

Looking at the base variant of Kia Carnival after the recent price cut.

Is the newer International model of Carnival planned for India?

How is the drive in the Hills? Any comment on FE?
Old 22nd August 2021, 10:57   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Looking at the base variant of Kia Carnival after the recent price cut.

Is the newer International model of Carnival planned for India?

Neither the dealers nor the KIA India twitter account is giving a clear picture about the 4th gen model's arrival in India. Cardekho.com mentions march 2022 but there is no guarantee for such information. But these heavy discounts which started in May 2021 and going on till date is a strong indicator of stock clearance. See the timeline.

May 2021 - 3.75 lakh discount offer starts. Many think it is a dealer level discount
July 2021 - 3.75 on base, 2.5 on mid and top. Pan India.
Aug 2021 - Discounts reduced on mid and top. Mid is 1.9 and top is 2
Sep 2021 - New trim to be launched. Will have 1 tablet in second row instead of 2. Also other than base all models will have new KIA logo

So these discounts are to clear the KIA with old logo? or for new 4th gen model only time will tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Found this video of a family travelling in carnival on some road trip. I am not sure if it is a hill but lots of rural roads

ps - base model has no ESP and has only 2 airbags. Please note this. For a car which is supposed to carry lots of people and mostly on highways these two are a huge miss in my opinion.

Regards
Dev
irdevanand is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 11:06   #138
BHPian

Thanks for replying and I have budget constraints and that is why I was looking at the base variant. Would love to go for the mid variant, but then I would need to really workout my finances.

I am not buying yet since i think that the 4th gen launch could happen anytime in 2022 (looking at the discounts on offer) & that is a much cooler looking model.

Also, as I live in the Hills, maneuvering & parking such a big car here could be an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irdevanand View Post
Neither the dealers nor the KIA India twitter account is giving a clear picture about the 4th gen model's arrival in India. Cardekho.com mentions march 2022 but there is no guarantee for such information. But these heavy discounts which started in May 2021 and going on till date is a strong indicator of stock clearance. See the timeline.

May 2021 - 3.75 lakh discount offer starts. Many think it is a dealer level discount
July 2021 - 3.75 on base, 2.5 on mid and top. Pan India.
Aug 2021 - Discounts reduced on mid and top. Mid is 1.9 and top is 2
Sep 2021 - New trim to be launched. Will have 1 tablet in second row instead of 2. Also other than base all models will have new KIA logo

So these discounts are to clear the KIA with old logo? or for new 4th gen model only time will tell.

Found this video of a family travelling in carnival on some road trip. I am not sure if it is a hill but lots of rural roads

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=G5u93bYX0r0

ps - base model has no ESP and has only 2 airbags. Please note this. For a car which is supposed to carry lots of people and mostly on highways these two are a huge miss in my opinion.

Regards
Dev
Old 24th August 2021, 23:12   #139
BHPian

Tamilnadu Kia dealership has threatened one of the customers. The customer has complained to the police that Kia dealership is threatening his life and damage the car.

Last edited by Godzilla : 24th August 2021 at 23:21.
Old 25th August 2021, 00:05   #140
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Tamilnadu Kia dealership has threatened one of the customers. The customer has complained to the police that Kia dealership is threatening his life and damage the car.

https://Youtu.be/T7GEuD0eSt0
We are just hearing one side of the story. But if there is even small amount of truth, its not a good sign for KIA.
NoLurkerForLong is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 18:14   #141
BHPian

Kia India has introduced the refreshed edition of its MPV, Carnival.

https://www.livemint.com/auto-news/k...778201216.html
Old 30th September 2021, 23:49   #142
Distinguished - BHPian

2021 Carnival brochure: https://www.kia.com/content/dam/kia2...e_New_4PPP.pdf

Disappointing to see that Nappa Leather has to replaced with Leatherette. Kia seems to have reduced the features and kept the price similar. Moreover they have cut out the discounts as apparently there is a 2 month waiting!
Old 1st October 2021, 13:48   #143
Senior - BHPian

Did my first full cycle one way trip to Delhi from Jalandhar. Full cycle means a good balance of good open highways, congested highway stretches, good city roads, highly congested narrow city roads. I did brisk speeds whenever the situation was conducive, the aim was to reach the destination as early as i could. Overall, of the 360 odd kms done, about 320 kms would be on highways. I think an average of 13.2 kmpl is very respectable for a car of Carnival’s size.
Old 6th October 2021, 07:29   #144
BHPian

Considering the low ground clearance of Kia Carnival (180 mm), is it advisable to upgrade the tyre size from stock (235/60R18). If yes, what is the advisable upsize? (245/65R18)??

Need information on the above as i am interested in carnival and the only thing that is keeping me away is the GC issues.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Thanks for the wishes. I have only driven 100 kms so far and can't seem to find faults with the tyres as yet. I took it out with 7 adults and fortunately it didn't scrape the speed bumps in HSR. So far we are loving the car. I am planning to do a long trip towards the mid of April and I will have lot more to share.

Is the 1000 km service routine (short in term of time)? I may be on the road when 1000 km mark comes and was thinking if I can get it serviced somewhere in Ananthpur or Hyderabad without spending too much time in the service station.
Hi, Did you have any GC issues with the carnival? i am planning to buy it but for the poor GC

Last edited by Aditya : 28th January 2023 at 18:02. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 6th October 2021, 09:51   #145
BHPian

Short answer - No. The car hasn't scraped any speed humps so far. In my long road trip to Lucknow, while coming back there were several large potholes between Nagpur and Nirmal due to rains and even there I didn't suffer any GC issues.
vivekshukla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 09:59   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Short answer - No. The car hasn't scraped any speed humps so far. In my long road trip to Lucknow, while coming back there were several large potholes between Nagpur and Nirmal due to rains and even there I didn't suffer any GC issues.
Thanks for the useful information. So according to you, it will be safe to go for this vehicle with 5,6 people plus luggage and also in mountainous roads?
Old 6th October 2021, 10:29   #147
BHPian

The car's USP is carrying people and their luggage in comfort. The deep luggage pit is very useful. I carried 4 large suitcases, 1 Black&Decker cooler, several small bags 5 adults and 2 kids with absolute comfort. The luggage area is large and so much luggage was always below the rear seats. I have not done much mountain driving except one trip to Ooty's famous 36 hairpin bends, and I didn't face any issue hauling the car up.
Old 6th October 2021, 10:33   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Considering the low ground clearance of Kia Carnival (180 mm), is it advisable to upgrade the tyre size from stock (235/60R18). If yes, what is the advisable upsize? (245/65R18)??

Need information on the above as i am interested in carnival and the only thing that is keeping me away is the GC issues.

Thanks
I was initially wondering to change the stock tyres (MRF Wanderers) to something premium but they do a good job. I won't suggest changing immediately and KIA is very infamous for non-cooperating over any standard fitment. Every service invoice, they clearly mention if there is a single non standard fitment found in the car.
Old 6th October 2021, 11:18   #149
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend did a quick trip to Delhi from Jalandhar and back. Left home on Friday morning at 5.30 am and got back home next day morning at around 4.30 am (23 hr trip).

A few observations:
- The van is a good highway cruiser. My happy speed range in Innova (my earlier car) was 85kmph - 95kmph. In the Carnival I found it to be around 95 kmph -110kmph range. Feel a bit more confident driving it at higher speeds.

- The brakes are good, perform well. But one point to note is that it carries massive momentum. I did misjudge the braking distance on a few occassions initially.

- The suspension is on the softer side and the seats too are softer than I'd like. Overall, compared to the Innova on the Delhi-Jalandhar stretch I noticed less vertical and horizontal body movement, but found that the straight-line movement of the van gets disturbed more easily, e.g. by something like a rumble strip.

- The van returned fine fuel economy figures. Infact, I am delighted by the mileage figures. For the overall trip that included atleast 80-90 kms of city driving, I got an overall figure of 13.7 kmpl. Please note these figures are for a fully loaded van with AC always on. On the return journey after a fresh tank up - exclusively highway driving- I noted an overall figure of 16.3kmpl. Although these are figures thrown by the MID, they are not very different from the actual consumption.

- On a related note, I find the ECO driving mode useless and don't use it.

Some pics from the drive:
The mileage for the trip as indicated by the onboard electronics:
Kia Carnival : Official Review-full-mileage.jpg

Highway only mileage at night (there was lots of truck traffic, but endeavoured to maintain healthy speeds) :
Kia Carnival : Official Review-night-mileage.jpg

Another brave soul like me:
Kia Carnival : Official Review-camry.jpg

Getting the hang of parking this behemoth. Also note the extra length compared to the Aria:
Kia Carnival : Official Review-parking.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post

I have taken the van to Kasauli and Dagshai. We were 5 adults and 2 kids. I faced no GC issues.

Last edited by rrsteer : 6th October 2021 at 11:20.
rrsteer is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 11:37   #150
BHPian

Recently I noticed that my Rear Left tyre has been slowly losing air (5 points in 15 days or so). I took it to a local tyre repair shop and they told that the rim has a bend. The car has done 6,600 kms or so and I don't remember it ever hitting a pot hole to cause this. The tyre outside also doesn't show any indication of a wear caused by a hit. I spoke to the service advisor and he simply said that there must be a damage. I wonder if this can be repaired or I can claim in insurance. This will be my first time dealing with Kia for sort of a serious issue. Kia Carnival : Official Review-carnival_rl.png

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks