Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2020, 23:29   #76
Senior - BHPian

Re: Kia Carnival : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Delivery didn't go as planned for this Carnival owner. May be new to an automatic? (Just an assumption).
He did not even attempt to take a turn. As if he wanted to test the airbags!
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2020, 11:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Shocking! Such an expensive car and this happens during delivery. So what do you think the owner has done. Repaired it or gotten himself a new car, from insurance money? Remember, these cats are the uber rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Delivery didn't go as planned for this Carnival owner. May be new to an automatic? (Just an assumption)
Old 24th June 2020, 14:15   #78
Senior - BHPian

Australia's top-selling people-mover renewed – and now it's called a GUV. The fourth-generation Kia Carnival people-mover has broken cover in Korea, revealing a contemporary new design inspired by the ubiquitous SUV.

Kia describes its new eight-seat ‘mini-van’, as people-movers are called in the US, as a grand utility vehicle (GUV) and claims the all-new behemoth brings a “stronger, more stylish presence” to the people-mover segment.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/inter...ml#post4830360 (South Korea: Next-gen Kia Carnival MPV spied)
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 11:37   #79
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Interesting to see how owners in the USA also love the Carnival aka Sedona - link to full review on a great website.

However, 2 more things stood out:

- The Carnival / Sedona is the worst selling MPV in the USA.

- It sells so badly that dealers give 1/3rd of the price off! This gentleman bought his for mere $22,000 .

If you read the comments however, most people seem to like / love it.
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 11:46   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Interesting to see how owners in the USA also love the Carnival aka Sedona - link to full review on a great website.

However, 2 more things stood out:

- It sells so badly that dealers give 1/3rd of the price off! This gentleman bought his for mere $22,000 .

If you read the comments however, most people seem to like / love it.
I think it would be because of the not so good brand value of Hyundai/Kia in the US car market and also lower resale value.

Even though there are exceptions the other day I read about no discounts on the Pallisade or Telluride as they are doing extremely well and the Telluride might even have a waiting period due to lower demand forecast by Kia.

Last edited by sv97 : 9th July 2020 at 11:48.
Old 10th July 2020, 07:59   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post

- It sells so badly that dealers give 1/3rd of the price off! This gentleman bought his for mere $22,000
Sedona is actually the best minivan for it's starting price of under $30K. The reason that gentleman got the discount is because SUVs are killing the minivan market, even more than the sedan's.

To be honest, Kia and to a lesser extend Hyundai/Genesis have been absolutely killing it in the US market lately.

Stinger (Sport Sedan), Telluride (Midsize SUV) and Forte/Optima(Econo Sedans) are all tremendous value for money.

Toyota/Honda better not be caught napping at the wheel.
sonic_boom is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2020, 19:16   #82
BHPian

All-New Kia Carnival MPV.

First look:
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carnival : Official Review-2.jpg  

Kia Carnival : Official Review-4.jpg  

Kia Carnival : Official Review-5.jpg  

MercFan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th August 2020, 11:25   #83
BHPian

Hello guys, I have recently joined Team BHP and wanted to post a review of our Kia Carnival Premium 8 Str after 1 month of ownership. Team BHP has compiled an excellent review earlier.

I am a novice at this so kindly excuse me for any shortcomings. Will improve my reviews and add more later.

Please follow this link for .

Kia Carnival Premium 8str White.

Mod Note - Pls = Please.

Chat and SMS Language are STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. Please type in full and proper English for the benefit of other community members.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 4th September 2020 at 11:20. Reason: Mod note attached.
jalanrishikesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2020, 15:10   #84
BHPian

Hey guys, I will be visiting the KIA Service center in Turbhe, Navi Mumbai for the first free service of KIA Carnival after a month.

If you guys would like to know or ask anything specific about the service or the service center then do let me know.
Old 3rd September 2020, 15:26   #85
BHPian

Hello guys, visited the Bhavna Kia Service center today at Turbhe, Navi Mumbai with our Kia Carnival Premium for the first free service.

I have attached some photos of the service center.

1. There is a common AC waiting and an owners AC lounge on the first floor whose picture I have attached.

2. There is a small on the first floor to see inside the service center, you can also visit inside to see your car yourself.

3. Tea/ Coffee, bottled water, clean restroom, and hand santizers were available. No charging point available anywhere though!

4. One TV one the first floor for entertainment. Tarzan movie was going on .

5. Can easily spend 3 to 4 hrs here. Its located in an industrial area so nothing available around. No lunch provided either. When I visited Toyota service center, they used to provide lunch as well. You have to make your own food arrangements.

5. No newspapers or magazines available (Maybe due to Covid). .

6. Service manager was available to solve queries.

7. Took about 2.5 hrs for first service.

8. After the vehicle was delivered, we noticed that there was a fist size blue patch on the back side of the vehicle. It initially looked like dried soap but the person said it was not soap. I brought it to the attention of the manager. When they cleaned it, it didnt go easily and then i thought it must not be soap. But it also didnt look like scratch.

9. The were mud spots also on the body in some places and just above the base of the car on the paints. There were muddy water dripping marks from the Head lamp assembly and the tail light assembly mainly on the Fibre parts which were quite prominent and did not go away after washing again with cloth. I mentioned to the manager about the work quality and in the feedback as well. Then senior manager then came to resolve the issue.

10. He got them to clean it again, the blue mark had gone. I told him that they should be careful as the vehicle was definitely touched somewhere. The junior manager didn't pay much attention to my complaint and tried to pass it off. The senior one said that they cannot use diesel on the paint to clean as its water based. Even then a clean person was coming with diesel in his hand to clean the marks on the fibre, the senior manager asked him not to use diesel and sent him away.

11. They said they had cleaned it with shampoo in the service. I argued with them about their washing quality and other service centres quality. Both the managers mentioned that we need to wax the vehicle to remove the marks on fibre. He said that some of the spots on the paint were from Dambar (Tar) so are not going away.

12. He said that ceramic finish will cost 28,000 and wax polish will cost about Rs 3,000. I said i didn't want it, I expected better service from you in the 1st car service. The manager also agreed about the car not being thoroughly cleaned.

13. Since i could not find any scratch or damage marks in the blue patch, and the part got cleaned, I didnt argue further.

14. Do you guys think a wax polish is necessary to remove the muddy water marks on the fibre parts? Since the rest of the body doesn't seem to have those marks.
Attached Thumbnails
Kia Carnival : Official Review-img_20200903_110029.jpg  

Kia Carnival : Official Review-img_20200903_110626.jpg  

Kia Carnival : Official Review-img_20200903_112423_1.jpg  

Kia Carnival : Official Review-img_20200903_123818.jpg  

Kia Carnival : Official Review-img_20200903_114208.jpg  

Kia Carnival : Official Review-img_20200903_123849.jpg  

Kia Carnival : Official Review-img_20200903_122143.jpg  

Kia Carnival : Official Review-img_20200903_123921.jpg  

jalanrishikesh is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 15:24   #86
BHPian

KIA Carnival gets some feature additions and Cash Benefits to increase sales. Interestingly, source mentions it's the first time KIA is offering any discounts/benefits in India. It mentions that benefits total upto 2.10 Lacs! Updates are:

1) Standard Rear Seat Entertainment Package across all variants.
2) 3-year/unlimited-kilometre maintenance package worth Rs 48,000 for free.
3) Corporate benefits worth up to Rs 46,000 & exchange bonus of Rs 80,000

Source: https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...10-lakh-418540

Is the Carnival not selling as per expectations? I always though its doing good as per its' price band. Also Standard Rear Screens is a god move IMO.
AMG1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2020, 15:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
All-New Kia Carnival MPV.

First look:
The second picture with the side profile- the car looks like a Seltos with an additional rear appendage. Or alternately, detach it and fix up the rear wheels and you get a Seltos !
Old 10th September 2020, 09:42   #88
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMG1 View Post
KIA Carnival gets some feature additions and Cash Benefits to increase sales. Interestingly, source mentions it's the first time KIA is offering any discounts/benefits in India. It mentions that benefits total upto 2.10 Lacs! Updates are:
We did not get any discount/benefits.

Do you know what is the unlimited maintenance package is ? Does it include consumables?

Kia Carnival is a premium segment car so it will never compete with Innova or other MPV's. Maybe thats why the sales are low. There's more bang for buck offered by other cars as well.
But the space, seating comfort and overall look is probably umatched.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 10th September 2020 at 10:00. Reason: quote content trimmed
Old 10th September 2020, 10:29   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jalanrishikesh View Post
Hello guys, visited the Bhavna Kia Service center today at Turbhe, Navi Mumbai with our Kia Carnival Premium for the first free service.

I have attached some photos of the service center.
In contiunation to my earlier post on the service experience, I received a call from KIA Service center for a second feedback and explained to them what had happened.

They offered me a free vacuuming and car wash whenever we want or when when we plan to go that side.

I had also enquired regarding Kia Link OBD module availability but could not get any confirmed answer so I had sent an email to kiacare@kiamotorsindia.in.

The next day I received an email from them and the service head of Kia turbhe that the availability date is not yet confirmed and they have already placed an order for it.

He also said that its only available for the Limousine model. I did ask him that if the hardware is the same then its just a matter of software and it should work on all models. He said yes, their OBD scanner is also wireless and it works on all models but this Kia Link module as per information available to him is only compatible with limousine model.
Old 26th September 2020, 08:44   #90

Very nice review enjoyed reading it.
I have driven kia carnival 2500 kms in Malshej, Lonavala, Mulshi area and I am very happy with it.
Previously I have used 2 innova and I think it is much better than Innova on all aspects.
Even instead of Mercedes A 180 my daughter love towards Kia Carnival is more, will find time to write detail review soon but overall good choice for luxury MPV customers.
VTCarlove is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed