Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Old 16th January 2021, 11:33   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Kia Carnival : Official Review

Hi friends
I am looking for a good 6 or 7 seater vehicle.
Carnival was one option
In my opinion, the car is good and suits my requirement of a perfect 7 seater with enough boot space but I felt the dashboard was old-styled and was missing quite a few modern features.

The limousine version has good features but the prestige version below the limousine has many features removed which further make it non-attractive. I heard 4th Gen may be coming in 2022 first half or later

Checked other cars, Fortuner/Endy (not perfect 6 or 7 seaters and over my budget). Hector plus does not suit my requirement as I felt too cramped(we are a family of tall people)

New Tata Safari, yet to be launched, I believe would not be perfect 6 or 7 seater
I checked Gloster, liked it but felt overpriced.

I need help in selecting a good 6 or 7 seater vehicle within 36 to 38L max.
Any good leads will be useful

Last edited by aka_iitd : 16th January 2021 at 11:41.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:00   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aka_iitd View Post
Hi friends
I am looking for a good 6 or 7 seater vehicle.
Carnival was one option
In my opinion, the car is good and suits my requirement of a perfect 7 seater with enough boot space but I felt the dashboard was old-styled and was missing quite a few modern features.

New Tata Safari, yet to be launched, I believe would not be perfect 6 or 7 seater
I checked Gloster, liked it but felt overpriced.

I need help in selecting a good 6 or 7 seater vehicle within 36 to 38L max.
Any good leads will be useful
Since you appear to be okay with MUV bodystyle, you missed to check the segment leader- Innova Crysta. It doesnot have latest gizmos but is comfortable for 6 people and seats are quite nice. The top spec is about 30lacs and should fit your budget.
Old 16th January 2021, 12:47   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrideRed View Post
Since you appear to be okay with MUV bodystyle, you missed to check the segment leader- Innova Crysta. It doesnot have latest gizmos but is comfortable for 6 people and seats are quite nice. The top spec is about 30lacs and should fit your budget.
Coincidence.. we came back after seeing the same. Looks good and comfortable but yes latest gizmos are not there. Kids wanted a sunroof. Not sure if the new Safari may suit my needs.
Tata Hexa was a good option but discontinued and no confirmed news of the relaunch.
Old 25th January 2021, 19:46   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Test drove the Kia Carnival last week. The car blew my mind. I have driven a Dodge Grand Caravan in the US - but that was last in 2013 - so probably a car comparable to the previous generation of the Carnival. That was a good car - but possessed considerable body roll. The Carnival au contraire takes the car like feel to the next level, body roll was negligible, and the car was easy to handle even in very narrow lanes (such as the one at Kalachowki outside Lodha Venezia), which I deliberately took it into.

The Limousine version was super spacious too - we tested it with 4 adults, a 5’8” teenager and the Kia advisor who came to show us the car, and everyone fitted well - even my 75 year old father in law could get in and out reasonably comfortably.

Despite the image issues with minivans, I think it makes far more sense for large families in Bombay than the Fortuner or Endeavour.

Will we buy it? Probably not. The big downside with this car is that while it is fantastic to drive, and easy to park given its size, it is incredibly long. And so while it would be great for family trips out of town or even across town to places with adequate parking, it can’t be used for the journey to Matunga market. Which would imply that if we buy this car, we would need a third car as a run about town vehicle.

But no decisions taken yet - so let’s wait and watch.
Hayek is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 25th January 2021, 21:29   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
Will we buy it? Probably not. The big downside with this car is that while it is fantastic to drive, and easy to park given its size, it is incredibly long. And so while it would be great for family trips out of town or even across town to places with adequate parking, it canít be used for the journey to Matunga market. Which would imply that if we buy this car, we would need a third car as a run about town vehicle. But no decisions taken yet - so letís wait and watch.
I would be a niche vehicle used by large well to do families, movie stars who have a big garage and luxo taxies, Hotels...but Innova has already had those bases covered at comparably VFM price and the Vellfire above this range. Carnival shall remain a niche and showcase product for Kia till a Stinger or something comes along.
Durango Dude is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed