Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd March 2021, 21:36   #121

Re: Kia Carnival : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekshukla View Post
Thanks for the wishes. I have only driven 100 kms so far and can't seem to find faults with the tyres as yet. I took it out with 7 adults and fortunately it didn't scrape the speed bumps in HSR. So far we are loving the car. I am planning to do a long trip towards the mid of April and I will have lot more to share.

Is the 1000 km service routine (short in term of time)? I may be on the road when 1000 km mark comes and was thinking if I can get it serviced somewhere in Ananthpur or Hyderabad without spending too much time in the service station.

I don't remember what all they did for the I service. But they don't even change any oils for the I service; it is very minimalistic.

You may explore if you can do it before you go on your trip or see if they can accommodate you after your trip, even if you have driven more than 1000KM. I deal with Epitome Kia and I find them generally accommodative for such requests.
sivaselvam is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2021, 18:20   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivaselvam View Post
I don't remember what all they did for the I service. But they don't even change any oils for the I service; it is very minimalistic.
Got the first service done as per the schedule. Unnecessarily drove the car to Chikmagalur and came back just for the fun of completing 1,000 kms. The Service Advisor tried to upsell few services such underbody coating, internal panel protection. For some reasons not even known to me, I got it done. Tried checking if they can fit a glove box lamp if I get them the original parts from Kia Malaysia and he said that he will have to take an approval from Kia India. I have checked with a friend in Kia Malaysia and he is sending the parts, and will also help in getting it installed. Although it's not an absolute necessity but it would be good to have it.

I have a question regarding perfume in the purifier. I checked with the service advisor and he said one cartridge should have come with the car. Do you have any idea about it as I am sure, I can't find a cartridge in my car.
Old 26th May 2021, 16:36   #123
Senior - BHPian

Kia India has announced an industry-first scheme under which owners can return Kia Carnival and recover 95% of the ex-showroom price of the vehicle.

Kia Carnival : Official Review-20210526_164011.jpg

Called Satisfaction Guarantee Scheme, Kia India says it is a different way in which it seeks to connect with buyers.

According to Kia India, a customer will be eligible to recover 95% of the ex-showroom cost of Carnival, as well as the overhead cost incurred for the registration, finances and more on the vehicle.

- It is, however, mandatory that the car must not have done more than 1,500 kilometres in this period and is entirely free from damages, failures and any pending claims.

- It is also mandatory that the particular Carnival unit is registered in the name of the person who chooses to return it. This includes all documentation and charges. An NOC from the financier will also need to be submitted.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 26th May 2021 at 16:40.
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th May 2021, 16:22   #124
BHPian

Just found an advertisement of a Kia showroom regarding the discount on offer for the Kia carnival upto 3.75lacs.

Kia Carnival : Official Review-de16320a2fd0440998fc15d346864b64.jpeg
Old 13th June 2021, 19:12   #125
BHPian

What is the maximum corporate discount one can get for Kia Carnival limousine as of now ?
If one is buying 2or 3 cars at a time ?
Old 14th June 2021, 00:12   #126
BANNED

Telangana state government purchases 32 Kia Carnival cars for its IAS officers.

Kia Carnival : Official Review-kia-carnivala.png
wheelguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 10:38   #127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelguy View Post
Telangana state government purchases 32 Kia Carnival cars for its IAS officers.
Isn't it weird? Why do they need 8/9 seater, unless it is being used to transport the staff?
Old 14th June 2021, 11:19   #128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Isn't it weird? Why do they need 8/9 seater, unless it is being used to transport the staff?

Kia has manufacturing plant there.
So they must have pushed government by offering great prices.
Anyways, many state governments have already moved up to Toyota Crystas so Carnival (after a heavy discount) is not much distant from it.
A retail customer is being offered discount of about 4 Lakh, then we can judge how much the government must have got.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 11:59   #129
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Govt. departments rarely go by need.

Had it been need, hatchbacks and even rugged MUVs would have been the vehicle of choice across departments. Not the sedans, SUVs we see around.

Must have been good offer and lobby by KIA to sell these cars. With those luxurious interiors, it wouldn't have been a hard sell to the decision takers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Kia plant is in Andhra Pradesh. They have sold the cars to Telangana.

Last edited by ashis89 : 14th June 2021 at 12:10.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th June 2021, 12:15   #130
BHPian

Can Kia really survive in India on the volumes being done by the Karnival, considering the Innova's dominance? Or are they pushing forward only on the basis of Sonet and Seltos? I somehow think they will soon become taxis in most of the large organizations soon
Old 14th June 2021, 13:36   #131
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosem123 View Post
Can Kia really survive in India on the volumes being done by the Karnival, considering the Innova's dominance? Or are they pushing forward only on the basis of Sonet and Seltos? I somehow think they will soon become taxis in most of the large organizations soon
Hain !!

KIA's survival in India being dependent on Carnival sales ????

Thanks to the Seltos and Sonet, volumes that they have achieved is spellbounding to say the least, which BTW the VW and Ford's of the world could not do in 2 decades.

Please sit inside a Carnival, it blows the Innova apart in all departments. Not taxis but the Carnivals are being rolled out to the well knitted honchos in MNC's.

And it's a Carnival not Karnival, unless you are a German descendent.

Last edited by Torquedo : 14th June 2021 at 13:38.
Torquedo is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th June 2021, 14:01   #132
BHPian

Are you talking 4 lakh cash discount?! I recently did an enquiry and was only offered about 2.3l on the mid variant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
So they must have pushed government by offering great prices.
Anyways, many state governments have already moved up to Toyota Crystas so Carnival (after a heavy discount) is not much distant from it.
A retail customer is being offered discount of about 4 Lakh, then we can judge how much the government must have got.
Old 14th July 2021, 16:45   #133
BHPian

Good to know there's cash discount ongoing. We saw one in person at the Kia showroom and my 3-year old daughter was delighted by the power-sliding door. The Carnival looks pretty good up close and inside.

It will be a strong contender for sure when I plan to upgrade in a few months, but I would rather wait for the 4th Gen in that case, which looks much better from youtube reviews.
Old 17th July 2021, 23:07   #134

We went for a test drive few days ago in Mumbai and came out extremely impressed with the drivability and space on offer. We are a family of 5 and loved the roominess. With parents joining us sometimes, we need a vehicle that can comfortably seat all 7 with decent luggage carrying capacity. Carival is one of the very few vehicles that can carry 7 passengers and still offer bulk load of space. 3rd row is actually usable by an adult unlike most other 7 seaters where it is only for kids that too for a short ride. When we asked about the next gen launch any time soon, the SA denied it completely and mentioned not before next year. However with these discounts, I am hoping next gen launch must be much sooner.
Old 14th August 2021, 09:34   #135
Distinguished - BHPian

Carnival to get a new ‘Limousine’ trim, to be placed between Prestige 7 str and Limousine Plus (old Limousine variant renamed to Limousine Plus).

Limousine Plus to get new alloys and premium leather VIP seats.

Kia Carnival : Official Review-fc66c9acc5994e66bd18fd02777c0dd1.jpeg

https://www.rushlane.com/2021-kia-ca...-12405634.html
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks